ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV -- Horror films you may have missed - suspense, thrillers also okay here... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302715)

sedated 01-03-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 12645784)
Sadly I learned actor Anton Yelchin also died this year :( He was an aspiring young actor.

I just watched Green Room and had no idea he was well known or that he'd died.

Simply Red 01-04-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 12657695)
The Autopsy of Jane Doe was impressive...good suspense, mood, unsettling type of horror flick

Watching right now.

Pepe Silvia 01-04-2017 04:40 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tMja9C6Htts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red 01-06-2017 03:06 AM

Fear, Inc. was ****ing awesome, it reminded me of three movies - I'll spare you the three, for spoiler reasons. It's a MUST SEE!!

ThaVirus 01-06-2017 10:13 AM

Paranormal Activity and The Witch were OK. Both worth a watch.

ThaVirus 01-06-2017 10:17 AM

The Witch had very little jump scares. It was 100% atmospheric. I'd say they did a great job setting up the time period. It must have really ****ing sucked to live in colonial America during that time period.

frankotank 01-06-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12663263)
Fear, Inc. was ****ing awesome, it reminded me of three movies - I'll spare you the three, for spoiler reasons. It's a MUST SEE!!

that's interesting. rotten tomatoes has it at 29%. I've found that by and large I agree with their assessment oddly enough! typically if critics are raving about a movie I usually won't like it....actually usually I'll hate it. if critics bash something it won't stop me from checking it out and usually I'll disagree. for instance Armageddon showed up in the top 10 worst movies of all times on one site. I LOVE that movie! it's GREAT! so...I typically don't trust movie raters. R tomatoes so far usually agrees with me. :D

having said that I will take your word for it and check it out....cause I love me some horror....good or bad.

wondering how ya'll feel about movie ranking entities.
which ones are..... good? bad? right? wrong?

Simply Red 01-06-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12663940)
that's interesting. rotten tomatoes has it at 29%. I've found that by and large I agree with their assessment oddly enough! typically if critics are raving about a movie I usually won't like it....actually usually I'll hate it. if critics bash something it won't stop me from checking it out and usually I'll disagree. for instance Armageddon showed up in the top 10 worst movies of all times on one site. I LOVE that movie! it's GREAT! so...I typically don't trust movie raters. R tomatoes so far usually agrees with me. :D

having said that I will take your word for it and check it out....cause I love me some horror....good or bad.

wondering how ya'll feel about movie ranking entities.
which ones are..... good? bad? right? wrong?

RT isn't always right or accurate. 5.6 on IMDB - better on niter. Just watch it - it was a blast!

Simply Red 01-06-2017 02:57 PM

I use the ranks as a guideline but not as gospel, Frank.

frankotank 01-06-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12663959)
I use the ranks as a guideline but not as gospel, Frank.

yeah....me too. like I said...
mostly I don't agree with them.....mostly.
(that's a horror movie reference....get it?!?)

so I've been surprised at my agreement with RT. but I know it won't always be "right"

Simply Red 01-06-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12664010)
yeah....me too. like I said...
mostly I don't agree with them.....mostly.
(that's a horror movie reference....get it?!?)

so I've been surprised at my agreement with RT. but I know it won't always be "right"

you must watch Fear, Inc. ASAP! :)

Clyde Frog 01-06-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12663437)
Paranormal Activity and The Witch were OK. Both worth a watch.

Black Phillip, FTMFW. :rockon:

ThaVirus 01-06-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 12664026)
Black Phillip, FTMFW. :rockon:

Spoiler!

It was pretty creepy when it finally talked back to Thomasin.

Clyde Frog 01-06-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12664097)
Spoiler!

It was pretty creepy when it finally talked back to Thomasin.

"Would you like to live deliciously?" ****ing made my skin crawl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAGA45 01-08-2017 07:54 AM

The Girl With All The Gifts

A very fresh and original angle as far as zombie flicks go. Loved the little girl as the lead. Some traces of 28 weeks/Days later but not much. Surprised to see Glenn Close as a main character in this. Ending could be interpreted different ways. I really enjoyed this