ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

Chiefs=Champions 01-11-2010 06:46 PM

Fantastic news. Thanks BRC!!!

Hopefully we'll have a good draft with no :facepalm: picks. With the schedule we have anything is possible...

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435526)
Even though contract disucssion didn't begin until last week ;)

I know thats BS. I know they had talked to Crennel and offered him the job before that. How can you offer a guy a job and not attach a # to the offer?

Hammock Parties 01-11-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435510)
Where was WIPE on this one GoChiefs?

We've been all over it. Subscribe now. You're missing out.

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I=SUCK (Post 6435564)
Fantastic news. Thanks BRC!!!

Hopefully we'll have a good draft with no :facepalm: picks. With the schedule we have anything is possible...

Reminder...The press conference and "the deal is done" was from two different sources and neither one was "the source". So lets grain of salt this info.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435551)
Yeah, I can understand how a strong second half could be viewed as a real positive.

For me, I want to see consistency, starting with how the FO performs this off-season and then extending to Sundays in the regular season.

I wouldn't like seeing them start poorly, but I would like to see a strong end to the season. Kind of like the Broncos game, but 6 weeks or 2 months of that, rather than a single inexplicable week. Because I think teams that turn-around tend to have a spring-board like that into their first real contending season. If I don't see that in 2010, then it will be a sign to me that they're still another year away. And I didn't see that in 2009, obviously, so I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for 2010 (.500 range has been my 2010 expectation since the Pioli hire was made...)

All I hope for early in the year is that one side of the ball is "fixed" and the other is showing signs of life. I don't think this team is going to be a world-beater in 2010 regardless of who they pickup in the offseason, but they should be more competitive and they should (in a perfect world) be a team nobody wants to play late in the year.

Then again, on paper at least it's an advantageous schedule, so who knows what will happen.

Sweet Dick Willy 01-11-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6435571)

LMAO

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435574)
I wouldn't like seeing them start poorly, but I would like to see a strong end to the season. Kind of like the Broncos game, but 6 weeks or 2 months of that, rather than a single inexplicable week. Because I think teams that turn-around tend to have a spring-board like that into their first real contending season. If I don't see that in 2010, then it will be a sign to me that they're still another year away. And I didn't see that in 2009, obviously, so I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm for 2010 (.500 range has been my 2010 expectation since the Pioli hire was made...)

All I hope for early in the year is that one side of the ball is "fixed" and the other is showing signs of life. I don't think this team is going to be a world-beater in 2010 regardless of who they pickup in the offseason, but they should be more competitive and they should (in a perfect world) be a team nobody wants to play late in the year.

Then again, on paper at least it's an advantageous schedule, so who knows what will happen.

I'm sorry, but if we go D in rounds one and two (with one of the picks in the latter) and we're not VASTLY improved on that side of the ball, I'm going to start clowning our newest head fat man.

keg in kc 01-11-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435583)
I'm sorry, but if we go D in rounds one and two (with one of the picks in the latter) and we're not VASTLY improved on that side of the ball, I'm going to start clowning our newest head fat man.

That's the side of the ball I expect to be fixed.

The offense, however, is still going to have to score points for the team to win games, and I'm (once again) not sure what it's going to look like early in the year.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435490)
8-8.

And not getting there through the back door with a 3-7 start or some bullshit.

We need to be a team who appears "in the playoff picture" but falls short.

This is my minimum. Anything else is a failure.

Oh, and I expect a superb ****ing draft.

I see you and I are on the exact same page.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435521)
Same thing you heard huh?

This isn't from "the source" thats never been wrong. But it seems solid.

Yep - about the Wednesday press conference.

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 6435538)
MAYBE Crennel can get some good position coaches in here. Rotsa ruck!

Gibbs is staying. They might hire a DL coach, but what I heard was that Romeo will coach the DL. Clancy and Bradford are the secondary coaches.

DeezNutz 01-11-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6435585)
That's the side of the ball I expect to be fixed.

The offense, however, is still going to have to score points for the team to win games, and I'm (once again) not sure what it's going to look like early in the year.

If second-half Charles wasn't a fluke, if that's the level of play he can sustain, there's absolutely no excuse for the offense NOT to be competent, at least.

This assumes that we acquire one more weapon, probably a WR.

FAX 01-11-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6435599)
If second-half Charles wasn't a fluke, if that's the level of play he can sustain, there's absolutely no excuse for the offense NOT to be competent, at least.

This assumes that we acquire one more weapon, probably a WR.

I'm skeptical as to whether or not Charles can actually perform as an "every down" back. I worry about his shoulder. He's not a very big guy and he's going to take some big hits now that the league is aware of his abilities.

We need somebody else to take some snaps.

FAX

The Bad Guy 01-11-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6435571)

You are a ****ing liar.

LaChapelle 01-11-2010 06:56 PM

CoMo put the peanut butter on the dog's balls

-