ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Sure-Oz 06-12-2008 09:50 PM

I wanted to see The Happening, this weekend but its getting a 17% on RT....

So i may see the Hulk which is getting a suprising 73% on the tomatometer

Ceej 06-12-2008 11:27 PM

Any idea what The Happening is all about? I've heard aliens. Blah.

Sure-Oz 06-12-2008 11:39 PM

No idea, looked interesting with wahlberg in a m night film, but his films have all failed since basically signs and sixth sense, although i liked unbreakable

irishjayhawk 06-13-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4792048)
I wanted to see The Happening, this weekend but its getting a 17% on RT....

So i may see the Hulk which is getting a suprising 73% on the tomatometer

ROFL

You definitely shouldn't be surprised about Hulk and shouldn't be surprised that The Happening is sucking. ;)

I'm seeing Hulk today. Question is what time.

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4792362)
ROFL

You definitely shouldn't be surprised about Hulk and shouldn't be surprised that The Happening is sucking. ;)

I'm seeing Hulk today. Question is what time.

i just knew the 1st one sucked, so i didnt have hopes that this one would be decent, but i like ed norton

The Happening got a B on yahoo and C...so who knows...

I try not to base everything on ratings but ive only liked probably 3 of M Nights films,

Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable

Deberg_1990 06-13-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4792188)
Any idea what The Happening is all about? I've heard aliens. Blah.

Spoiler!

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 08:10 AM

I hope it can top Lady in the Water, that thing should've been aborted before it was made

irishjayhawk 06-13-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4792403)
I hope it can top Lady in the Water, that thing should've been aborted before it was made

QFT and sad that Giamatti got suckered into that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4792393)
i just knew the 1st one sucked, so i didnt have hopes that this one would be decent, but i like ed norton

The Happening got a B on yahoo and C...so who knows...

I try not to base everything on ratings but ive only liked probably 3 of M Nights films,

Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable

Those are my favorites too. Signs being the least.

KevB 06-13-2008 12:46 PM

Recently watched Mr. Brooks and Cloverfield.

Mr. Brooks was solid, but I do not like Dane Cook, so his character didn't work for me at all. Interesting movie though, I enjoyed it overall.

I had low expectations for Cloverfield, and it exceeded them. Lots of holes of course, but overall it pulled me in with the first person account. Monster(s) was actually quite well done IMO. It seems as if most reviews either hated the movie, or liked it quite a bit. Not much in between.

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 4792698)
Recently watched Mr. Brooks and Cloverfield.

Mr. Brooks was solid, but I do not like Dane Cook, so his character didn't work for me at all. Interesting movie though, I enjoyed it overall.

I had low expectations for Cloverfield, and it exceeded them. Lots of holes of course, but overall it pulled me in with the first person account. Monster(s) was actually quite well done IMO. It seems as if most reviews either hated the movie, or liked it quite a bit. Not much in between.

Those 2 were good rent flicks, it was kindve funny seeing the end of mr brooks, crazy movie

Sure-Oz 06-13-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 4792465)
QFT and sad that Giamatti got suckered into that.

Those are my favorites too. Signs being the least.

Yeah i thought with Giamatti it'd be decent, hopefully wahlberg didnt get sucked into a shitter...

Signs is my least as well

Third Eye 06-13-2008 05:07 PM

I watched Quid Pro Quo last night on HDNet. Comes out in theaters today. Good movie, definitely worth a rent 6 months from now. Not really a theater movie IMO.

Baby Lee 06-13-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 4793065)
I watched Quid Pro Quo last night on HDNet. Comes out in theaters today. Good movie, definitely worth a rent 6 months from now. Not really a theater movie IMO.

That's on the DVR, do I have much to look forward to? I mostly recorded it under the spell of Vera Farmiga's eyes.

Third Eye 06-13-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 4793080)
That's on the DVR, do I have much to look forward to? I mostly recorded it under the spell of Vera Farmiga's eyes.

I thought it was good. The trailer is a little misleading IMO. Wasn't really what I was expecting, which is always nice. I hate it when I have a movie pegged before I even see it. There a couple things that I would like to say, but they would alter your perception of the movie going in and probably ruin it for you. So I won't.

Sully 06-13-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4792401)
Spoiler!

Saw it today.
That is exactly what it is.
Still creepy as hell, and had me tense the whole movie.