ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285665)

luv 10-07-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10992955)
You forgot "Are you almost done or are you going to keep checking your facebook and take selfies while on that bench/equipment/squat rack?"

There's a chick at my gym who hangs out in the funtional fitness area where people do squats and dead lifts. She occasionally does a clean and press, but mostly talks to guys and walks around sipping her protein shaker. Bitch drives me nuts. Either do something or quit taking up space and equipment.

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2014 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10991795)
You told me it was all about abs. If that's true, then you might be better off waiting until the later show. If not, you're plenty big enough now to compete.

I don't know man. It seems like I look different in every pic depending on lighting, mirror, tanned up.. etc. I'll figure it out Thursday when I talk to my coach. This is from yesterday. I just want to be confident when I do it.

Titty Meat 10-07-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10993314)
I don't know man. It seems like I look different in every pic depending on lighting, mirror, tanned up.. etc. I'll figure it out Thursday when I talk to my coach. This is from yesterday. I just want to be confident when I do it.

I bet you pull alot of ass

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2014 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10993314)

As a comparison this dude got 6th out of 10 at a show in KC over the summer in the class that I would compete in which is the Novice class with probably guys 6 feet and over. My goal for the first show is to not look like some douche that lost at bet and has to get on stage. Middle of the pack would be great.

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10993340)
I bet you pull alot of ass

I'm married man. Ass has not been pulled in many years :D I do get stared at a bit at the pools and such. Most of the of the time I don't mind it sometimes it's pretty ****ing annoying.

luv 10-07-2014 10:17 PM

So, I talked to my trainer about making competing a goal for next year. I asked about having to wear a bikini, etc. Apparently, I won't have to if I'm doing the power lifting. So, looks like I'll be working on my dead lifts, squats, and bench. He said that, while I may not place, I would actually be fairly competitive with where I'm at now on my squats and dead lifts, but that I needed to work on my bench. And if I can continue to do this weight and lose more body fat (thus weight), he thought I could be very competitive by next year. NEW GOAL!

luv 10-07-2014 10:17 PM

Oh, and pause squats suck ass!

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2014 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dude that won what would have been my class. I don't think it's a great look, but he's lean as **** in the mid section.

luv 10-07-2014 10:20 PM

BCD, I must say I like it when you are preparing for a competition. Keep sharing those pics! (Yes, I know you're married. Doesn't mean I can't like looking at ya.) :)

NewChief 10-07-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10993351)
Dude that won what would have been my class. I don't think it's a great look, but he's lean as **** in the mid section.

No gay, but you look better than him right now. He's kind of deformed looking.

Silock 10-07-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10993342)
As a comparison this dude got 6th out of 10 at a show in KC over the summer in the class that I would compete in which is the Novice class with probably guys 6 feet and over. My goal for the first show is to not look like some douche that lost at bet and has to get on stage. Middle of the pack would be great.

That's 6th? Jesus. I'm beginning to think you're right -- I could compete in these things lol

Silock 10-07-2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

I think you'd dominate if you leaned out a little more. You're bigger than that guy and more symmetrical, it looks like.

Aspengc8 10-08-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10993349)
So, I talked to my trainer about making competing a goal for next year. I asked about having to wear a bikini, etc. Apparently, I won't have to if I'm doing the power lifting. So, looks like I'll be working on my dead lifts, squats, and bench. He said that, while I may not place, I would actually be fairly competitive with where I'm at now on my squats and dead lifts, but that I needed to work on my bench. And if I can continue to do this weight and lose more body fat (thus weight), he thought I could be very competitive by next year. NEW GOAL!

Awesome choice for a new goal. :thumb:

Definitely check out usapowerlifting.com, you can check and see what women are lifting in your weight class (or what you estimate you would be in a year). Your really competing against yourself, but its nice to see where you are vs everyone else. USAPL is a good beginner federation, and is drug tested too.

One thing I will suggest is to find some some people that powerlift, and get on schedule with them. If your trainer does not compete, I wouldn't really follow his routine. You need to be benching, squatting and pulling 2-3 times per week. If I was going to train with you, I would start us on the Texas Method or Candito's Linear program, and add in accessory work as needed. you can do prowler work after your lifts to further aid fat loss if needed. Best of luck!

luv 10-08-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10993719)
Awesome choice for a new goal. :thumb:

Definitely check out usapowerlifting.com, you can check and see what women are lifting in your weight class (or what you estimate you would be in a year). Your really competing against yourself, but its nice to see where you are vs everyone else. USAPL is a good beginner federation, and is drug tested too.

One thing I will suggest is to find some some people that powerlift, and get on schedule with them. If your trainer does not compete, I wouldn't really follow his routine. You need to be benching, squatting and pulling 2-3 times per week. If I was going to train with you, I would start us on the Texas Method or Candito's Linear program, and add in accessory work as needed. you can do prowler work after your lifts to further aid fat loss if needed. Best of luck!

Thanks! Right now, fat loss is still my main goal. I've posted my workout routine somewhere in this thread. I have one day with squats, one day with lifts, and one day with bench. My lift day includes deficits and hip lifts, along with some dumbbell Romanian dead lifts. My squat day includes some single leg leg presses, which helps with my hammies. My trainer does compete, so I trust him to steer me in the right direction in order to meet both goals. I'm not sure if I want to get into to really get into it, or if I want to just at least try it. I will at least try competing once, and, who knows, maybe I'll catch the bug.

loochy 10-08-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

err....maybe I'm behind the times, but when did they start wearing swimming trunks for bodybuilding competitions?