ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 03:40 PM

Tyler Wilson fan boi's are ****ing reeruned.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339396)
Not being eligible is not the same as being eligible to play and not going anyway.

He didn't play. His stock went up.

HOW DID HE DO IT?!?!?!?!?

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339404)
The thing that people fail to grasp is that "none of the experts think there is anyone close to RG3 in this class" is not the same thing as "none of the experts think there is anybody worth the #1 in this class".

There's a lot of skewed weighting going on. And Smith is not measured against RG3 or Luck or anyone else from last year. He's measured against people in this class.

And it's not being applied evenly.

I haven't seen a SINGLE person say "Can't draft Luke Joeckel #1 overall, he's no Joe Thomas".

Even though it's COMPLETELY TRUE.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

The thing that people fail to grasp is that "none of the experts think there is anyone close to RG3 in this class" is not the same thing as "none of the experts think there is anybody worth the #1 in this class".

There's a lot of skewed weighting going on. And Smith is not measured against RG3 or Luck or anyone else from last year. He's measured against people in this class.

no one, expert and fan, last year was pimping "RG3" at this time last year...

they concern trolling him...just like they are smith in this thread

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339405)
Tyler Wilson fan boi's are ****ing reeruned.

Really? Explain...

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Yep, I agree with you there and the competition is close.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

it's amazing that a fanbase that wouldn't have traded for RG3 last year now uses him as some unimpeachable standard for whether or not we're allowed to draft a QB...

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339407)
He didn't play. His stock went up.

HOW DID HE DO IT?!?!?!?!?

I think it might have been his ability to be clutch and win games down the stretch and play the QB position extremely well, not blow them and look like an asshole (Geno). LMAO

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339412)
Really? Explain...

Look at the ****ing idiots that are pimping Wilson, that should explain everything. Not to mention this not playing in the worthless Senior Bowl shit about Geno is getting old as hell and it doesn't matter one damn bit.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339418)
I think it might have been his ability to be clutch and win games down the stretch and play the QB position extremely well, not blow them and look like an asshole (Geno). LMAO

Yeah, that game losing INT that he threw to Arthur Brown against K State, that was CLUTCH.

You're an idiot.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339419)
Look at the ****ing idiots that are pimping Wilson, that should explain everything. Not to mention this not playing in the worthless Senior Bowl shit about Geno is getting old as hell and it doesn't matter one damn bit.

I don't know man. I like Wilson. I think him doing well in the Senior Bowl could elevate his stock.

But this stuff about Geno is just typical hater BS. Don't care.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9339417)
it's amazing that a fanbase that wouldn't have traded for RG3 last year now uses him as some unimpeachable standard for whether or not we're allowed to draft a QB...

I liked RGII but wouldn't have traded for him because guys like him get hurt. He is a small running QB. He's great in the pocket but, relies too much on his legs right now and will take some time to develop into a true passing NFL QB.... just like Vick.... If his career lasts that long.

He wasn't worth all of those picks imo. I think time will show that. The Falcons didn't come out on top of the Vick trade either.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339429)
Yeah, that game losing INT that he threw to Arthur Brown against K State, that was CLUTCH.

You're an idiot.

3 successful drives out of 11 and 0/10 on 3rd down his bowl game.

CLUTCH!

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339438)
I liked RGII but wouldn't have traded for him because guys like him get hurt. He is a small running QB. He's great in the pocket but, relies too much on his legs right now and will take some time to develop into a true passing NFL QB.... just like Vick.... If his career lasts that long.

He wasn't worth all of those picks imo. I think time will show that. The Falcons didn't come out on top of the Vick trade either.

like i said....

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339419)

Why can't we have a decent realistic discussion about Geno on this site? He has a cult like following here. It's not that "out there" for people to like Wilson better. Everyone has an opinion. Just like you have opinion in your post above.

For the record, I like Geno very much but, If I said Geno had bad breath I would be in the red. It's time to grow up guys. We need a QB and there are some smart people here. Let's keep an open mind.