ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Reaper16 07-29-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5933550)
How could you even think this was a good movie. The plot went no-where fast, the characters were annoying at best the general flow of the movie from scene to scene was pathetic.

Even on a superficial level, the special effects were ok, but they kept using the same one over and over and over again.

You say my taste is crap, and I will agree, for the most part it is, but this movie is ridiculous.

pfffffffffffffft.

kaplin42 07-29-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 5933568)
So you haven't read the graphic novel....but you're going to claim that the adaptation was piss poor.

Have you or have you not read the graphic novel? If you haven't....then how the **** would you know if the adaptation was piss poor?

Cause it made a piss poor movie.

kaplin42 07-29-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5933587)
pfffffffffffffft.

after carefully considering your point, you are correct. :rolleyes:

The Franchise 07-29-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5933598)
Cause it made a piss poor movie.

You're a dipshit. You didn't read the graphic novel....so you wouldn't have any clue how the adaptation was.

If you didn't like the movie....then say you didn't like the movie. But don't ****ing claim that it was a piss poor adaptation...because it makes you look like a douche.

Fire Me Boy! 07-29-2009 11:38 AM

I was also underwhelmed by The Watchmen. I am, however, waiting for full judgment until I see the director's cut.

I always give a movie two shots. It's 0-for-1 so far.

Fire Me Boy! 07-29-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 5933612)
You're a dipshit. You didn't read the graphic novel....so you wouldn't have any clue how the adaptation was.

If you didn't like the movie....then say you didn't like the movie. But don't ****ing claim that it was a piss poor adaptation...because it makes you look like a douche.

I haven't read the book, so I won't comment on the adaptation.

Adaptation, however, was ****ing brilliant. I love Charlie Kaufman.

The Franchise 07-29-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5933617)
I haven't read the book, so I won't comment on the adaptation.

That's all I'm trying to say. You can comment on the fact that you didn't like the movie.....but if you haven't read the graphic novel...then how can you claim that it was a "piss poor adaptation"?

That's like me claiming that The Lord of the Rings was shitty adaptation of the books....and I've never read them.

And FWIW....I love the LOtRs movies.

Sure-Oz 07-29-2009 11:44 AM

Terminator ended at T2....

the show was actually fun for me to watch but go figure they cancel it, damn you FOX

kaplin42 07-29-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 5933628)
That's all I'm trying to say. You can comment on the fact that you didn't like the movie.....but if you haven't read the graphic novel...then how can you claim that it was a "piss poor adaptation"?

That's like me claiming that The Lord of the Rings was shitty adaptation of the books....and I've never read them.

And FWIW....I love the LOtRs movies.

Point noted. Adaptation wrong word. However, if it is a good adaptation, than novel must blow chunks too.

Reaper16 07-29-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5933645)
Point noted. Adaptation wrong word. However, if it is a good adaptation, than novel must blow chunks too.

What movies released in 2009 have you seen? I'm thinking that I may have been unduly harsh on you. Frazod, after all, didn't like No Country For Old Men yet I still respect him.

kaplin42 07-29-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5933698)
What movies released in 2009 have you seen? I'm thinking that I may have been unduly harsh on you. Frazod, after all, didn't like No Country For Old Men yet I still respect him.

I saw Grand Turino, and thought it was great.

But then, in all fair respect, I do like crappy movies. For example, Star Ship Troopers is awesome, in its complete failness.

But that is why I'm absolutely stunned about Watchmen, it was like watching a steaming pile of poo, with a blue penis for 2 hours.

Sure-Oz 07-29-2009 12:12 PM

Loved Watchmen, and read the graphic novel after i saw the movie...it was pretty much dead on and a great adaption. I am excited to watch the DC...

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-29-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 5933717)
I saw Grand Turino, and thought it was great.

But then, in all fair respect, I do like crappy movies. For example, Star Ship Troopers is awesome, in its complete failness.

But that is why I'm absolutely stunned about Watchmen, it was like watching a steaming pile of poo, with a blue penis for 2 hours.

I didn't think it warranted a day long stroke-session, but it wasn't as bad as YOU make it out to be, IMO.

jiveturkey 07-29-2009 12:30 PM

I know that I'm putting my nuts out there for a stomping with this but I didn't love Watchmen either.

I watch the directors cut this past weekend and by the end I didn't give a shit what happened.

Great looking movie and the action was superb.

I did however like No Country for Old Men so I'm hoping that keeps my head above water.

The Franchise 07-29-2009 12:31 PM

I got drug last Friday to see "The Ugly Truth" with the wife.

The movie was the typical chick flick bullshit....but Gerard Butler is ****ing hilarious. He's the only reason that movie is bearable for guys.