ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shooting at the parade (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352344)

PAChiefsGuy 03-28-2024 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17460817)
Ah, but now we're back to the fun nuances of the law. If a person is blackout drunk and commits a criminal act, are they capable of making a premeditated decision to do it? That kind of thing is what a lot of "first degree" vs. "second degree" kinds of convictions hinge on.

I wish I had the deck they gave us in the jury room to reference for this. There was all sorts of flow charty stuff in there that was fascinating (in an academic way like this) to think through.

That's true.

I am a huge Law & Order fan so I know how complicated these issues can get. Drinking is very dangerous and I wish it was taken more seriously because one bad mistake when you are blackout drunk can ruin or at least seriously damage your life. You may not even remember wtf you did.

Anyway back on topic hindsight is 20/20 but some of these defense lawyers make it very hard for judges and prosecutors to lock some of these guys up. It's not as black and white as it seems.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-28-2024 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17460604)
Why don't you copy and paste some Reddit posts on the subject pretending they're your own thoughts, loser?

Didn't he also post a "fake girlfriend " years ago?

staylor26 03-28-2024 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17461302)
Didn't he also post a "fake girlfriend " years ago?

Wait, what?

Titty Meat 03-28-2024 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17461307)
Wait, what?

He did like 15 years ago?

Titty Meat 06-14-2024 11:09 PM

The incompetence of our elected officials on full display. 2 of the 3 shooters will stand trial. The 16 year old will not be charged as an adult:

https://www.kcur.org/news/2024-06-13...home-detention

"The 16-year-old, known only as “A.M.” in court documents, claims self defense in the shootings that killed one woman and injured 24 other people. A Jackson County Family Court judge ruled that he will not be tried as an adult."

Strongside 06-14-2024 11:44 PM

The current KCMO administration is a ****ing joke from top to bottom. The Mayor, the PA, the DA, the county executive, the City council, the Commissioners, all of them.

The Mayor, for one, is more concerned with posting photos of himself with celebrities and DC politicians on social media than he is about actually doing something to better the lives of KCMO citizens. And the self-interest is not restricted to the mayor.

They were in the building and were under lockdown when these shootings happened and are so concerned about personal optics that they’re willing to bend over to make these thug ass criminals look like choir boys who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, just so they don’t have to deal with anything uncomfortable or unbecoming of the city.

Disgusting.

Titty Meat 06-14-2024 11:59 PM

The kid illegally possessed a weapon and shot it on with a million people in a ****ing crowd. They should also charge the mother with neglect and child abuse

"A.M.’s mother and other family members cried and hugged after the ruling, saying they were relieved and happy he’d be heading home.

"My baby deserves to come home so he can show them what type of kid he is,” A.M.’s mother said. “I'm still gonna whup his ass, though."

Strongside 06-15-2024 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17402238)
To quote Tech N9ne, the hood go crazy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17552482)
The kid illegally possessed a weapon and shot it on with a million people in a ****ing crowd. They should also charge the mother with neglect and child abuse

"A.M.’s mother and other family members cried and hugged after the ruling, saying they were relieved and happy he’d be heading home.

"My baby deserves to come home so he can show them what type of kid he is,” A.M.’s mother said. “I'm still gonna whup his ass, though."

I will bet any amount of money that kid is incarcerated by age 19.

ChiefsFanatic 06-15-2024 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17552479)
The current KCMO administration is a ****ing joke from top to bottom. The Mayor, the PA, the DA, the county executive, the City council, the Commissioners, all of them.

The Mayor, for one, is more concerned with posting photos of himself with celebrities and DC politicians on social media than he is about actually doing something to better the lives of KCMO citizens. And the self-interest is not restricted to the mayor.

They were in the building and were under lockdown when these shootings happened and are so concerned about personal optics that they’re willing to bend over to make these thug ass criminals look like choir boys who were in the wrong place at the wrong time, just so they don’t have to deal with anything uncomfortable or unbecoming of the city.

Disgusting.

Q is without a doubt the worst Mayor in my lifetime. He is a joke. He really only wants media coverage and opportunities to be on camera.

The city streets are in the worst shape I can ever remember, and I grew up driving around KC in the 80s, and it was bad then.

The city has a homeless epidemic, and Q's answer was to put flood lights, and other measures to stop homeless from sleeping where people can see them, instead literally of anything else.

And I know I get a lot of crap, but as the Mayor of a city, it's his job to help the city prosper. A new stadium with a dome or roof would do that, but Mayor Q-Rating thinks the city should not get Final Fours or bigger concerts, etc. because he likes outdoor football.

As a fan, that is a valid feeling, as a Mayor, it's absolutely irresponsible.

I cannot stand this dude, and I am a Democrat. I can't wait to see if the next Mayor can fix all the crap that Q ran into the dirt.

Bump 06-15-2024 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17552472)
The incompetence of our elected officials on full display. 2 of the 3 shooters will stand trial. The 16 year old will not be charged as an adult:

"The 16-year-old, known only as “A.M.” in court documents, claims self defense in the shootings that killed one woman and injured 24 other people. A Jackson County Family Court judge ruled that he will not be tried as an adult."

Incompetence or straight up malice? If they re-offend and hurt someone else, these prosecutors and DA's need to start being charged as accomplices.

Pablo 06-15-2024 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17552472)

Absolutely infuriating.

Like Strongside said; this current iteration of "leadership" in KC and Jackson County is astonishingly bad. But they all play for the same team so they'd all be voted back in tomorrow given the chance.

Pablo 06-15-2024 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 17552487)
Q is without a doubt the worst Mayor in my lifetime. He is a joke. He really only wants media coverage and opportunities to be on camera.

The city streets are in the worst shape I can ever remember, and I grew up driving around KC in the 80s, and it was bad then.

The city has a homeless epidemic, and Q's answer was to put flood lights, and other measures to stop homeless from sleeping where people can see them, instead literally of anything else.

And I know I get a lot of crap, but as the Mayor of a city, it's his job to help the city prosper. A new stadium with a dome or roof would do that, but Mayor Q-Rating thinks the city should not get Final Fours or bigger concerts, etc. because he likes outdoor football.

As a fan, that is a valid feeling, as a Mayor, it's absolutely irresponsible.

I cannot stand this dude, and I am a Democrat. I can't wait to see if the next Mayor can fix all the crap that Q ran into the dirt.

Oh he let all those bums set up camp at city hall for months. Turned it into a trash tent city. It was disgusting. I work downtown and it was an ungodly blemish on the city that turned into a festering sore.

They learned their lesson on that at least, 6 foot iron fencing was installed as soon as they bulldozed the piles of trash and human shit off the lot.

threebag 06-15-2024 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17552484)

Thuganomics

kysirsoze 06-15-2024 07:33 AM

Anybody have a reason a 16 year old should be tried as an adult or are we just out for blood?

Titty Meat 06-15-2024 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 17552569)
Anybody have a reason a 16 year old should be tried as an adult or are we just out for blood?

Because even at 16 we all know bringing an illegal weapon to a parade is a bad idea it's an even worse idea when you ****ing shoot it into a crowd of innocent people.

You have to be trolling

stevieray 06-15-2024 08:04 AM

Quote:

:rolleyes:

IowaHawkeyeChief 06-15-2024 08:12 AM

Quote:

Anyone have a reason why you have no common sense?

DaFace 06-15-2024 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17552577)
Because even at 16 we all know bringing an illegal weapon to a parade is a bad idea it's an even worse idea when you ****ing shoot it into a crowd of innocent people.

You have to be trolling

I don't have enough information to form an opinion one way or another, but like many things related to the legal system, CP likes to oversimplify decisions like this dramatically. The decision of whether or not to try a child as an adult isn't a matter of opinion (in theory at least) - it's a matter of whether the case meets the circumstances for being tried as an adult laid out in the law.

This particular kid was only charged with unlawful use of a weapon as I understand, which is a Class D felony in Missouri. Class A automatically gets moved to being tried as an adult, but anything less than that depends on other factors, such as prior record, likely future threat to public safety, and chances of rehabilitation.

kysirsoze 06-15-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17552577)

You have to be trolling

Yeah that's not why kids are tried as adults. Do you have a legitimate reason? Not trolling. Honest question.

Bowser 06-15-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17552539)
Oh he let all those bums set up camp at city hall for months. Turned it into a trash tent city. It was disgusting. I work downtown and it was an ungodly blemish on the city that turned into a festering sore.

They learned their lesson on that at least, 6 foot iron fencing was installed as soon as they bulldozed the piles of trash and human shit off the lot.

Wasn't there a machete fight between a couple of bums on City Hall grounds, as well?

Q is more interested in the road that leads him to DC than any real improvement or progress he can drum up for KC. I was in Omaha a couple of weeks ago, and the difference in just the cleanliness of that city from its roads to storefronts and entertainment district as compared to KC is absolutely startling, and embarrassing.

I need to move out of the KC city limits for literally any suburb to get away from pissing money away on the 1% E Tax KC has.

Trevo_410 06-15-2024 08:33 AM

JFC

Pablo 06-15-2024 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17552602)
Wasn't there a machete fight between a couple of bums on City Hall grounds, as well?

Q is more interested in the road that leads him to DC than any real improvement or progress he can drum up for KC. I was in Omaha a couple of weeks ago, and the difference in just the cleanliness of that city from its roads to storefronts and entertainment district as compared to KC is absolutely startling, and embarrassing.

I need to move out of the KC city limits for literally any suburb to get away from pissing money away on the 1% E Tax KC has.

I imagine so. There were a lot of people on that lawn, it was total chaos. And I understand the sentiment. Thankful to be north of the river but I'll eventually slide over to Parkville proper.

And I AM out for blood on this. That was a dark, dark day for our city and I want all parties involved hung in public. That make me a bad guy? Well **** it, I'm a bad guy. I'm not an atty. I'm just a dude on a message board that hates the Donks, Tom Brady and the thugs involved in this sorta shit in our city.

Balto 06-15-2024 09:33 AM

I need more information of why he is claiming self defense. That seems odd.

KCUnited 06-15-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balto (Post 17552655)

I need more information of why he is claiming self defense. That seems odd.

I mean the main dude admitted to police that he drew first and just started shooting. So anyone returning fire should probably at least try and claim self defense

Hopefully they're not successful but probably what any attorney would advise

And I'm with Pablo, 16 is practically middle age in gang years, which is probably an opportunity for the law to review but I can also understand the challenges

16 out here can barely put their own shoes on without moms help, 16 in Chicago and you're running a crew

Balto 06-15-2024 10:17 AM

If I was a gang leader and see that one of my members under age got away with a shooting.....Guess who I'd be sending in to do my shootings? This could have a huge negative effect in the community errrrr

alanm 06-15-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17552484)

Incarcerated??? Hell, He'll probably be shot dead by then.

threebag 06-15-2024 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 17552598)
Yeah that's not why kids are tried as adults. Do you have a legitimate reason? Not trolling. Honest question.

Because he was involved with a crime that resulted in death. He honestly should meet lethal injection by 18 if the system was worth a shit.

Coogs 06-15-2024 11:25 AM

And cities wonder what they can do to curb violence?!?!?! SMH

Spott 06-15-2024 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 17552691)
Incarcerated??? Hell, He'll probably be shot dead by then.

Probably very good odds that this will happen. At this point, it would be better if it happened before he kills someone else.

George Liquor 06-15-2024 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 17552498)
Incompetence or straight up malice? If they re-offend and hurt someone else, these prosecutors and DA's need to start being charged as accomplices.

It's the cancer known as restorative justice.

jdubya 06-15-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17552667)
I mean the main dude admitted to police that he drew first and just started shooting. So anyone returning fire should probably at least try and claim self defense

Hopefully they're not successful but probably what any attorney would advise

And I'm with Pablo, 16 is practically middle age in gang years, which is probably an opportunity for the law to review but I can also understand the challenges

16 out here can barely put their own shoes on without moms help, 16 in Chicago and you're running a crew

Based off some classes I have taken and some reading, there are 5 common principles that one better have if using the self defense claim.

Innocence. (you better not have provoked scenario prior to acts)

Imminence. (Is the threat immediate?)

Proportionality. (Is your use of force proportionate to the threat?)

Avoidance. (Did you not have any other choice or route of escape?)

Reasonableness. (Bundling all of the above to argue "lethal" self defense)

If a DA sees any of those being questionable, the office may pull on that thread to see if they can go after you. If all those are completely sound, you likely wont get criminally charged. However, everybody can/will get civilly charged by just about anybody.

WilliamTheIrish 06-15-2024 02:06 PM

The kid probably rolled on the others and he will avoid prosecution as an adult.

How long he lives after this remains to be seen.

notorious 06-15-2024 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17552638)
I imagine so. There were a lot of people on that lawn, it was total chaos. And I understand the sentiment. Thankful to be north of the river but I'll eventually slide over to Parkville proper.

And I AM out for blood on this. That was a dark, dark day for our city and I want all parties involved hung in public. That make me a bad guy? Well **** it, I'm a bad guy. I'm not an atty. I'm just a dude on a message board that hates the Donks, Tom Brady and the thugs involved in this sorta shit in our city.

https://i.imgur.com/ESp6zcZ.gif

threebag 06-15-2024 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 17552835)
How long he lives after this remains to be seen.

Anything after the parade is too long.

notorious 06-15-2024 02:12 PM

Who here hasn't lobbed bullets back in forth inside of a large crowd while growing up?

It's just teen rebellion, like refusing to take out the trash or trying to buy beer with fake ID.

Boys will be boys after all.

Valiant 06-15-2024 02:13 PM

The other crime not mentioned. All the millions raised has still not been distributed. They keep coming up with excuses while making money from the interest.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-15-2024 05:50 PM

Lemme guess. He a good boy never done no wrong

alanm 06-15-2024 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17553021)
Lemme guess. He a good boy never done no wrong

He's also a aspiring rap artist.

wazu 06-15-2024 06:55 PM

My son who was close to the shooting at the parade and witnessed some bad things shared with me the other day that he is now feeling bursts of anxiety when he's in a large group. He'll be okay, but man it pisses me off. **** every one of these assholes that was involved.

threebag 06-15-2024 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17553069)
My son who was close to the shooting at the parade and witnessed some bad things shared with me the other day that he is now feeling bursts of anxiety when he's in a large group. He'll be okay, but man it pisses me off. **** every one of these assholes that was involved.

Normal people shouldn’t have to live with this shit. I’m a put these animals down guy… zero tolerance for their absolute dumb shit.

Titty Meat 06-15-2024 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17553069)

Damn man I'm sorry to hear that

stevieray 06-16-2024 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 17552583)
:rolleyes:

blow it out your ass, bill.

WilliamTheIrish 06-16-2024 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 17553410)
blow it out your ass, bill.

Was this addressed to me? I have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-16-2024 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 17553581)

Billay maybe?

threebag 06-16-2024 12:24 PM

Quote:

Not wanting to have the little piece of shit tried as an adult? Maybe he will fall victim to some Hood Justice before then.

WilliamTheIrish 06-16-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag (Post 17553682)
Not wanting to have the little piece of shit tried as an adult? Maybe he will fall victim to some Hood Justice before then.

Never even hinted at anything of the sort.

It wasn't addressed to me. Just a misunderstanding I'm sure.

BigCatDaddy 06-16-2024 07:26 PM

Quote:

Perhaps a drive by InvinciBill neg rep.

Titty Meat 06-16-2024 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17553672)
Billay maybe?

I didn't do anything I'm sure Stevie and I are in total agreement on this issue