ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix: Making a Murderer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297109)

PAChiefsGuy 01-29-2016 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12056029)
Or dead or in prison or dead

Or still out there.. For example, the the guy who committed the first rape that Steve Avery was convicted of was out for years until he was finally caught.

Did it not take the cops years to catch that guy?
How many other rapes and murders did he commit in that time span?
We'll never know the true amount, now will we?

SAUTO 01-29-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 12056114)
Or still out there.. For example, the the guy who committed the first rape that Steve Avery was convicted of was out for years until he was finally caught.

Did it not take the cops years to catch that guy?
How many other rapes and murders did he commit in that time span?
We'll never know the true amount, now will we?

Or out there. I agree. Or dead though

Mother****erJones 01-30-2016 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12056057)
No.

This is about believing Avery to be guilty AGAIN without due diligence or even investigating anyone but Avery. They didn't even investigate the brother and step dad, and they're the damn neighbors. They were there. Bones were found in THEIR burn barrel. It was their car he was selling. Is that not enough to raise an eyebrow?

The lawsuit, the same detectives and the fact they disliked Avery was simply added incentive to continue their ignorance. The same shitty police work that got Avery convicted the first time.

They were so dead set on convicting him because they believed he was guilty, that they eventually planted evidence to get the conviction.

I just watched this series last weekend. So incredibly ****ed up. I also agree that the other Dassey kid and step dad were very sketchy. Avery has been an easy target for years. There are so many holes in this investigation.

ragedogg69 01-30-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 12055907)
pardon me, are you merely drunk or just stoned as to write such stupid prose??

lol. which part? that I dont think a murderer targeted and framed Avery? Or that i find corrupt cops were probably corrupt more likely? but your dickish response works too.

ragedogg69 01-30-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12056060)
Rather superficial overview of the case. Didn't even talk about where did the blood go? And they talked about the nephew being convicted of the crime.

Nephew says they slit her throat in the bedroom

Cops say Avery shot her in the garage.

Either she was killed in the garage or the bedroom according to their convictions. How can you convict them both?

But for me its not finding a drop of blood anywhere in the bedroom or garage. He may be guilty but those crooked cops planted evidence.

My wife was watching that dateline and from what I saw, it was subpar compared to what will most likely be an award winning documentary.

Fire Me Boy! 01-30-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 12056381)
My wife was watching that dateline and from what I saw, it was subpar compared to what will most likely be an award winning documentary.

Yep. Watched it this morning and was underwhelmed.

PAChiefsGuy 01-30-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12056144)
Or out there. I agree. Or dead though

Hopefully you are right and he is dead...

Rausch 01-31-2016 07:52 AM

Just finished watching Paradise Lost (1 & 2) and it's amazing how many similarities there are between that and the Avery case...

Swanman 01-31-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12057179)
Just finished watching Paradise Lost (1 & 2) and it's amazing how many similarities there are between that and the Avery case...

I have said that to anyone I talk to about the series. I tell people to also watch Paradise Lost.

The biggest thing that jumps out is the false confession from someone that is mentally handicapped. Jesse Misskelley was interrogated for 12 hours before he broke and made up his story.

I read the book written by Damien Echols and it was really good if not enraging.

New World Order 01-31-2016 09:03 PM

I've paid attention to both sides and after analyzing all of the evidence I'm pretty sure about one thing: The man is guilty.

Okay, my work here is done.

PAChiefsGuy 02-01-2016 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12057995)
I've paid attention to both sides and after analyzing all of the evidence I'm pretty sure about one thing: The man is guilty.

That was a really convincing argument.. Thanks...

BigMeatballDave 02-01-2016 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12057995)

Your career as a defense attorney may be in jeopardy... :)

jd1020 02-01-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 12058188)
Your career as a defense attorney may be in jeopardy... :)

I figured he was judge Willis.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-01-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12055784)
They weren't allowed to bring up other suspects.

And oddly enough the documentary doesn't either. The creepy ex b/f who lead the search seemed sketchy to me. The former cop/current sheriff seemed sketchy to me.

IIRC the prosecution/investigation never even interviewed friends or family of the victim which is where the guilty party comes from in most cases.

a potential lawsuit from any named alternative suspect is deterrent enough.

BigRedChief 02-01-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12058196)
I figured he was judge Willis.

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/3/216...is-quote-1.jpg