ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brett Veach prioritizing re-signing Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352215)

dannybcaitlyn 02-14-2024 10:40 AM

Don’t know how cowboys could afford either when Parsons is going to get paid more then Bosa. Also have CeeDee lamb to extend

tredadda 02-14-2024 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17400243)
I get that you're not that bright and words are hard. But those are strawman arguments I never made.

I'll copy and paste my previous comment........

Chris Jones has already made tens of millions. As long as he's not stupid, he's set for life.

If he wants 32 million a year over 28 million that's fine. If he wants to win more championships then he may have to choose slightly less money that truly won't effect the quality of his life in any way.

This is similar to Tyreek. If he wants to be a Chief, he needs to take less than top of the market money. The cap prevents teams from having too many players with market setting contracts.

Rausch 02-14-2024 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17400896)
19M

He'll get 20-25. He just ****ing shut down every name that matters in this league.

Rausch 02-14-2024 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet Chip Wasp (Post 17400872)
I'd rather keep Chris Jones, without him defense loses a lot.

We'd be blitzing a helluva' lot more, that's for sure.

DJ's left nut 02-14-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17401505)
He'll get 20-25. He just ****ing shut down every name that matters in this league.

No he won't - not unless it's in KC.

We aren't letting him hit the market and the tag figure is what the tag figure is.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-14-2024 11:53 AM

Given what little we know about LJ and it being his first chance at a pay day, I hope he's willing to take the offer they present now. I think Veach will shoot for the 3-year deal that has high guarantees.

TheGuardian 02-14-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17401491)
This is similar to Tyreek. If he wants to be a Chief, he needs to take less than top of the market money. The cap prevents teams from having too many players with market setting contracts.

And regardless of what people say, Reek clearly has second thoughts because he's constantly talked about the Chiefs since he left, and said he wished he were playing in this game.

Money does a lot of things AT FIRST, but the saying about it not buying happiness is (kinda) true. It does, up to a point. then it's diminishing returns.

Makes me wonder if Chris will look at Tyreek and have a lightbulb moment where he decides to take a little less and cement a legacy here or if it's gonna be all about the payday.

I really do think we need Sneed and Jones back if we want to talk about legit 3-peat.

tredadda 02-14-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17401659)
And regardless of what people say, Reek clearly has second thoughts because he's constantly talked about the Chiefs since he left, and said he wished he were playing in this game.

Money does a lot of things AT FIRST, but the saying about it not buying happiness is (kinda) true. It does, up to a point. then it's diminishing returns.

Makes me wonder if Chris will look at Tyreek and have a lightbulb moment where he decides to take a little less and cement a legacy here or if it's gonna be all about the payday.

I really do think we need Sneed and Jones back if we want to talk about legit 3-peat.

Agree with all of it, but I think it’s more than money for the sake of money for some players. It’s a pride thing as well. Wanting to be recognized as the best and having a salary reflecting that feeds into it.

A good example would be how Jamar Chase is waiting for Jefferson to get his deal before signing one with the Bengals. He’s gonna get paid and paid a ton, but he seems to want one higher than JJ. That’s where the pride kicks in some.

Just hoping Jones sees Tyreek like you mentioned and decides on KC. He clearly loves it here and doesn’t want to leave, but in order to stay and cement a legacy, he will have to do it for less than he is worth. It’s up to him to decide what is most important. Very few if any contenders (outside of maybe Houston) will have the cap space to sign him at $30 million + a year.

TheGuardian 02-14-2024 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17401717)
Agree with all of it, but I think it’s more than money for the sake of money for some players. It’s a pride thing as well. Wanting to be recognized as the best and having a salary reflecting that feeds into it.

A good example would be how Jamar Chase is waiting for Jefferson to get his deal before signing one with the Bengals. He’s gonna get paid and paid a ton, but he seems to want one higher than JJ. That’s where the pride kicks in some.

Just hoping Jones sees Tyreek like you mentioned and decides on KC. He clearly loves it here and doesn’t want to leave, but in order to stay and cement a legacy, he will have to do it for less than he is worth. It’s up to him to decide what is most important. Very few if any contenders (outside of maybe Houston) will have the cap space to sign him at $30 million + a year.

I agree with that totally. It's a "I'm the highest paid in the league" ego thing. It's validation that "I'm the best" based off of that metric.

However....

The difference in a Chase and Jefferson is that those guys don't come from a SB winning culture. So it's all they know and are playing for.

Where Reek does know that culture, and then got his bag, and clearly has some second thoughts.

WE will know in a month. I really hope we can bring Chris back because it's almost like he, Pat, and Trav are the cornerstones of this team rn.

tredadda 02-14-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 17401740)
I agree with that totally. It's a "I'm the highest paid in the league" ego thing. It's validation that "I'm the best" based off of that metric.

However....

The difference in a Chase and Jefferson is that those guys don't come from a SB winning culture. So it's all they know and are playing for.

Where Reek does know that culture, and then got his bag, and clearly has some second thoughts.

WE will know in a month. I really hope we can bring Chris back because it's almost like he, Pat, and Trav are the cornerstones of this team rn.

Completely agree. He is the defensive captain and it shows every game. It’s clear he loves Andy and Spags and that feeling is mutual.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-14-2024 12:41 PM

This defense simply isn't the same without Jones. He's a foundational piece that frees others up to flourish even when he's not getting sacks. Dude has saved so many TDs over the years in Superbowls and playoffs

pugsnotdrugs19 02-14-2024 12:51 PM

Butker only has one year left on his deal - surprised me. I'd like to get that deal done too this summer.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-14-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17401819)
Butker only has one year left on his deal - surprised me. I'd like to get that deal done too this summer.

He’s the 11th highest paid kicker rn. Make him the #1 paid. 7.5 mil a year. He’s that ****ing important to this team

DaFace 02-14-2024 01:43 PM

Well, it's a lot of booze talking, but...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones: &quot;I ain&#39;t going nowhere, baby. I will be here this year, next year and the year after.&quot; Starts chant of three-peat ...</p>&mdash; Vahe Gregorian (@vgregorian) <a href="https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1757852295289528423?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla 02-14-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17402124)
Well, it's a lot of booze talking, but...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones: &quot;I ain&#39;t going nowhere, baby. I will be here this year, next year and the year after.&quot; Starts chant of three-peat ...</p>&mdash; Vahe Gregorian (@vgregorian) <a href="https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1757852295289528423?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pretty sure that's contractually binding.