ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285665)

Simply Red 10-07-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10992053)
meet people, etc.

He doesn't need another **** in his life right now - he's healing.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Bad move. You can do more at the gym, meet people, etc.

I can do slightly more, but not enough to justify the $ and the pain in the ass of driving down there all the time.

The ease of going out to my garage and getting swoll is going to be great. I will also most likely increase my workout frequency now.

As for meeting people...I've never hit on a single chick in a gym and I never will. That's just creepy as hell.

KC native 10-07-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10992096)
I can do slightly more, but not enough to justify the $ and the pain in the ass of driving down there all the time.

The ease of going out to my garage and getting swoll is going to be great. I will also most likely increase my workout frequency now.

As for meeting people...I've never hit on a single chick in a gym and I never will. That's just creepy as hell.

It will increase the frequency while it's nice outside. When it's freezing or hot as ****, you won't work out. I've had a nice weight set in my garage for a long time. It took getting a gym membership to make me have a regular workout schedule.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10992102)
It will increase the frequency while it's nice outside. When it's freezing or hot as ****, you won't work out.

I'm not you. I regularly walked 3-mile round trip to the gym in sweltering heat this year.

I could also just put it in my AC'd basement.

KC native 10-07-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10992117)
I'm not you. I regularly walked 3-mile round trip to the gym in sweltering heat this year.

I could also just put it in my AC'd basement.

Walking in the heat and really exercising in it are two different things.

The basement would be good though. When I lived in KC, we had a weight set in the basement. I used it all the time.

Hammock Parties 10-07-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10992165)
Walking in the heat and really exercising in it are two different things.

It's not going to be hot in my basement. I know what works for me.

Aspengc8 10-07-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Bad move. You can do more at the gym, meet people, etc.

Do more like what? Machines?

After having our second child, I pretty much had no choice but to build in the basement so that I can train whenever the opportunity arises.

My "gym" consists of..

-treadmill
-prowler
-Rogue R3 rack
-Rogue flat bench
-Rogue Ohio powerbar x2
-landmine/tbar attachment
-500lbs standard iron
-Ironmaster adjustable DB's up to 120's
-Ironmaster superbench (adjustable incline)
-Ironmaster cable tower
-glute ham developer

Thats pretty much it, and covers everything I was doing that Golds gym prior. So much easier to just go downstairs and train as soon as kids go to bed, and allows for extra family time. I never used machines so its win-win for me.

Plus my gas furnace is 'all-natty' bro.. :evil:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/aspengc8/gym.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-07-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10992096)

This. The gym is business. I don't wanna' talk, I don't wanna' flirt. I wanna' get my shit done and get on.

Gym conversation:

"Hi"

"Bye"

KC native 10-07-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 10992942)
This. The gym is business. I don't wanna' talk, I don't wanna' flirt. I wanna' get my shit done and get on.

Gym conversation:

"Hi"

"Bye"

You forgot "Are you almost done or are you going to keep checking your facebook and take selfies while on that bench/equipment/squat rack?"

Simply Red 10-07-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10992222)

After having our second child, I pretty much had no choice but to build in the basement so that I can train whenever the opportunity arises.

My "gym" consists of..

-treadmill
-prowler
-Rogue R3 rack
-Rogue flat bench
-Rogue Ohio powerbar x2
-500lbs standard iron
-Ironmaster cable tower
-glute ham developer

Thats pretty much it, and covers everything I was doing that Golds gym prior. So much easier to just go downstairs and train as soon as kids go to bed, and allows for extra family time. I never used machines so its win-win for me.

:thumb:

Simply Red 10-07-2014 07:14 PM

That's badass Aspengc8

Simply Red 10-07-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10992955)
You forgot "Are you almost done or are you going to keep checking your facebook and take selfies while on that bench/equipment/squat rack?"

http://i.imgur.com/lshJmnz.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-07-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10992955)

Too much energy expended. Evil Eye only.

lewdog 10-07-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10992222)

My "gym" consists of..

-treadmill
-prowler
-Rogue R3 rack
-Rogue flat bench
-Rogue Ohio powerbar x2
-500lbs standard iron
-Ironmaster cable tower
-glute ham developer

Oh **** yes!

Love it.

I rarely use machines and really not all that much DBs either. Give me a barbell, bench, squat rack and a place to deadlift and I would be set.

Love that setup especially since you have a GHR. Mad jelly!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-07-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10990885)
A poster on another BB I go to posted this in their diet & fitness thread. No one has really said anything specific regarding the questions he's asking, so I told him I'd post this here (because you all know your shit) and see what you had to say.

1. He's old
2. Bad genetics