ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Guild Wars 2 updates (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229381)

hometeam 08-30-2012 11:13 AM

hahaha im sorry. just excited that im getting the performance i payed for finally :P

BTW i saw some people in the livestream chatbox trying to get ahold of me.. I usually dont look at the chat while playing, I was the party necro who kept surviving~

pr_capone 08-30-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8864575)
hahaha im sorry. just excited that im getting the performance i payed for finally :P

BTW i saw some people in the livestream chatbox trying to get ahold of me.. I usually dont look at the chat while playing, I was the party necro who kept surviving~

I'm bustin balls man... no worries. :D

Valiant 08-30-2012 06:53 PM

Hehe, I love how everyone gets credit.. I tagged this big ass ogre thing in some cave and brought him to the spawn node.. Took about 40 people 5-8mins to kill him..

Javabean 08-30-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8866190)
Hehe, I love how everyone gets credit.. I tagged this big ass ogre thing in some cave and brought him to the spawn node.. Took about 40 people 5-8mins to kill him..

Yeah, that's a great feature, along with how the resource nodes can be harvested by everyone. I loved that in DCUO, too. It makes the games so much more fun when you can help people out without worrying whether someone's going to get mad. It just makes for a friendlier PVE experience.

Also, ArenaNet posted a status update on reddit a few hours ago. Looks like they're going after hackers and exploiters pretty hard.

chasedude 08-30-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 8866552)
Yeah, that's a great feature, along with how the resource nodes can be harvested by everyone. I loved that in DCUO, too. It makes the games so much more fun when you can help people out without worrying whether someone's going to get mad. It just makes for a friendlier PVE experience.

Also, ArenaNet posted a status update on reddit a few hours ago. Looks like they're going after hackers and exploiters pretty hard.

Arenanet has been on the ball about all the open issues. They've been really transparent on what is being working on and what's the next fix on the horizon. Despite the problems with mail, and the trading post, this has been one of the smoothest launches I've seen.

hometeam 08-31-2012 08:28 AM

3k accounts perma-banned for exploiting the norn culture weapon vendor.. Kripparian was banned mid-stream for 3 days for exploiting a way to make chili peppers~

TBH, I have been exploiting the SHIT out of the infinite swiftness bug (still hasnt been fixed as of this posting btw)

I logged in last night half expecting to see my account suspended for a few days :P

It wasnt~

AndChiefs 08-31-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8867760)
3k accounts perma-banned for exploiting the norn culture weapon vendor.. Kripparian was banned mid-stream for 3 days for exploiting a way to make chili peppers~

TBH, I have been exploiting the SHIT out of the infinite swiftness bug (still hasnt been fixed as of this posting btw)

I logged in last night half expecting to see my account suspended for a few days :P

It wasnt~

Swiftness wasn't working for me as of a couple hours ago.

Bump 08-31-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8867760)

It wasnt~

what is the exploit?

hometeam 08-31-2012 02:14 PM

Easy.

Now, I cant remember the name of the sigil, but it is the sigil that gives 5 sec of swiftness after killing an enemy.

1. Apply sigil to unused slot on weapon.
2. Kill enemy with said weapon
3. Profit

What I mean by profit is that for whatever reason, the swiftness sticks until you zone out. All you have to do is kill another mob and your infinite swiftness returns. I have been infinite swiftness since day 1 of headstart up until I logged out last night. I know its going to be fixed, but while I can, I am taking the 33% higher runspeed boost without complaint~

Bump 08-31-2012 09:08 PM

I really need help. I get about 40 FPS in PvE, not ideal, but fine. When I play PvP and WvW I get 5-10 FPS. This is obviously unplayable. I thought this game ran fine until I started PvPing.

I run windows 7 via bootcamp on my imac.

specs:

3.06 ghz intel core i3 processor
4GB of 1333mhz DDR3 SDRAM, supports up to 16 GB
500 GB serial ATA hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor

when I went to can u run it, it says I can play this game at highest settings. I play Diablo 3 in highest settings on OS/X.

So is there anything I can do or am I just SOL?

Thank you very much for any help, I really want to get into this game, it seems great, but I can't play it at 5-10 FPS in PvP and I love PvP.

I've updated all of the drivers, tried unistalling current ones then downloading the new ones for the graphics card.

I don't know what to do, honeslty. I can't go buy a new computer right now

jspchief 08-31-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8868174)
what is the exploit?

I heard the tier 2 armor was selling for like 30 karma

Pants 08-31-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8869525)
I really need help. I get about 40 FPS in PvE, not ideal, but fine. When I play PvP and WvW I get 5-10 FPS. This is obviously unplayable. I thought this game ran fine until I started PvPing.

I run windows 7 via bootcamp on my imac.

specs:

3.06 ghz intel core i3 processor
4GB of 1333mhz DDR3 SDRAM, supports up to 16 GB
500 GB serial ATA hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics processor

when I went to can u run it, it says I can play this game at highest settings. I play Diablo 3 in highest settings on OS/X.

So is there anything I can do or am I just SOL?

Thank you very much for any help, I really want to get into this game, it seems great, but I can't play it at 5-10 FPS in PvP and I love PvP.

I've updated all of the drivers, tried unistalling current ones then downloading the new ones for the graphics card.

I don't know what to do, honeslty. I can't go buy a new computer right now

Your video card and processor are outdated, man. I would recommend a Radeon 6870 as the minimum (it's around $150). I'm running a 6970 and thinking of getting another one, but I don't know if it's really worth it at this time. Grabbing another 4 gigs of RAM probably wouldn't hurt either.

Processors are much harder to upgrade, though.

Bump 09-01-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8869721)
Your video card and processor are outdated, man. I would recommend a Radeon 6870 as the minimum (it's around $150). I'm running a 6970 and thinking of getting another one, but I don't know if it's really worth it at this time. Grabbing another 4 gigs of RAM probably wouldn't hurt either.

Processors are much harder to upgrade, though.

ya, I figured it's the graphics card. Oh well, I'll just play this till TL2 comes out I guess.

hometeam 09-01-2012 11:14 AM

Yep. Graphics card is OLD. Processor is acceptable. you can get a 6870 right now around 100 bucks

thecoffeeguy 09-01-2012 03:16 PM

I went to go buy this today online, only be told it was sold out. I thought that was odd.
I did some digging to find out that, they are not in fact "sold out", but they halted sales because of some serious security issues currently going on....thats concerning.

I guess users who bought the game are receiving A TON of phishing emails...

Kinda sucks as i wanted to try it. Little concerning because makes me think ArenaNet was breached and all those email accounts were harvested.