ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

KCUnited 07-26-2009 03:02 PM

Just watched Deception. Wasn't a fan.

KCChiefsMan 07-26-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5926448)
Just watched Deception. Wasn't a fan.

ya, that movie sucked balls

Jenson71 07-26-2009 05:11 PM

I watched Twilight. I didn't think it was bad, actually. Very polished in acting, music, and that nice grey and blue hue. That being said, the baseball scene was like a goofy MTV video, which isn't good because there is where the climax of the movie begins. It's not scary. The story of willpower and fighting desire is interesting, but it's not clear if there is any love between the characters other than the physical infactuation that causes them to desire each other in the first place. A true love has to be based on more than just force, and that's what first unites them (he is attracted to her scent, and she is attracted to him the way vampires are able to do so to their prey). So where is the development? It's lacking. It's also not clear why he can't read her mind. Maybe that will be cleared up in following installments, but for now it's just a convience.

But enough about the problems. I find it at least mostly entertaining and good looking, and I would think fans of the book would not be too disappointed.

blaise 07-26-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5926654)
I watched Twilight. I didn't think it was bad, actually. Very polished in acting, music, and that nice grey and blue hue. That being said, the baseball scene was like a goofy MTV video, which isn't good because there is where the climax of the movie begins. It's not scary. The story of willpower and fighting desire is interesting, but it's not clear if there is any love between the characters other than the physical infactuation that causes them to desire each other in the first place. A true love has to be based on more than just force, and that's what first unites them (he is attracted to her scent, and she is attracted to him the way vampires are able to do so to their prey). So where is the development? It's lacking. It's also not clear why he can't read her mind. Maybe that will be cleared up in following installments, but for now it's just a convience.

But enough about the problems. I find it at least mostly entertaining and good looking, and I would think fans of the book would not be too disappointed.

So.......you're gay.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5926707)
So.......you're gay.

LMAO I was going to say "a teenage girl", but that'll work too.

Fairplay 07-26-2009 05:59 PM

Jenson71 is to smart to be gay.

He is a connoisseur of the movies.

Jenson71 07-26-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5926707)
So.......you're gay.

Nah. My girlfriend gets to pick the movies as often as I do, and I was interested in the pop cultural significance in part. And my girlfriend read the book and is reading the second one right now. She didn't think the first book was all that great ("the writing is too simple") and thought the movie just felt like a summary, so I guess nothing too special from her point of view.

Jenson71 07-26-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 5926750)
Jenson71 is to smart to be gay.

He is a connoisseur of the movies.

Although the more liberal and homosexual selection of our population would throw their hands up in disbelief and frustration at this post, I will thank you for the kind compliment, Fairplay. :D

I just like movies and art like most people do. I think good artists are crucial for human existence and potential. I would never kick them out of my republic.

sd4chiefs 07-26-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5926654)

When the movie first came out my wife nagged me for 2 weeks to go with her to see this movie. I finally caved in so that she would stop bugging me. What a big mistake. I knew I was in for a long night when I walked into the theater and it was filled with 13 year old girls. I had no idea that a movie could be so stupid. Nice Vampires that play baseball?

Fairplay 07-26-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5926784)
Although the more liberal and homosexual selection of our population would throw their hands up in disbelief and frustration at this post, I will thank you for the kind compliment, Fairplay. :D

That is why i posted it that way Jenson71, lol.

Jenson71 07-26-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 5926793)
When the movie first came out my wife nagged me for 2 weeks to go with her to see this movie. I finally caved in so that she would stop bugging me. What a big mistake. I knew I was in for a long night when I walked into the theater and it was filled with 13 year old girls. I had no idea that a movie could be so stupid. Nice Vampires that play baseball?

And drive Volvos, or so I hear. The premise is fable to begin with, so the liberties taken don't entirely bother me. I would find much more stupid a movie that takes itself seriously and as reality but ends up nowhere close.

But paying $16 to see it, well, I would never make that mistake. Sorry. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 5926793)

Thee dumbest, worst, gheyest, and most ridiculous vampire premise in all the world of make-believe.

Period.

Fairplay 07-26-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5926918)
Thee dumbest, worst, gheyest, and most ridiculous vampire premise in all the world of make-believe.

Period.

Yes.

Pioli Zombie 07-26-2009 08:30 PM

An evil. You forgot its evil.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5926982)
An evil. You forgot its evil.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha! Evil my ass. I've got burrito-farts that are more evil than that teeny-bopper piece of shit!