ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

LaChapelle 01-11-2010 05:49 PM

to the buoy

booger 01-11-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6435296)
Giants' candidate Crennel joins Chiefs

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...ylzTTgr5Hj3wEI

6:28 PM, January 11, 2010 ι By PAUL SCHWARTZ
One-time Giants assistant and former Browns head coach Romeo Crennel will not be the new Giants defensive coordinator. Crennel has been hired to run the Chiefs defense.

Crenell never interviewed with Tom Coughlin but the Giants did express some interest.

One candidate Coughlin has already interviewed, former Bills head coach Perry Fewell, was in Chicago to speak with head coach Lovie Smith about the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell is considered the front-runner.

Fewell, once Coughlin's defensive backs coach with the Jaguars, met last Thursday with Coughlin with the understanding he was in the running for the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell worked in St. Louis and Chicago for Smith and it appears the two will work together again.

Another interesting possibility: Mike Zimmer. His contract will soon expire with the Bengals. Zimmer successfully ran the defenses for the Cowboys and Falcons and did a solid job this season in Cincinnati. Zimmer may attract some interest around the league as a potential head-coaching candidate.

Tom Cable is expected to be fired as head coach of the Raiders and if he is, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride is again likely to get an interview. Gilbride last year interviewed for the job.

the GMen have Peter Guinta on staff. they should hire Clancy and they could be co DC's. Vermeil would reccomend it. Guinta was co DC on his super bowl team. Then Herm could go to USC and hire Greg Robinson and Chan Gailey as his coordinators and the world would be a better place.

booger 01-11-2010 05:51 PM

Or pete Carrol could hire GRob since they are buddies, as his DC in Seattle. That would be swell.

Pioli Zombie 01-11-2010 05:58 PM

There will be hoopla.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 6435294)
FTR, I would love for Crennel to be the DC of the Chiefs. He's the guy I wanted last year. I hope this happens.

A little birdie just told me that the deal is done.

Donger 01-11-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 6435296)
Giants' candidate Crennel joins Chiefs

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...ylzTTgr5Hj3wEI

6:28 PM, January 11, 2010 ι By PAUL SCHWARTZ
One-time Giants assistant and former Browns head coach Romeo Crennel will not be the new Giants defensive coordinator. Crennel has been hired to run the Chiefs defense.

Crenell never interviewed with Tom Coughlin but the Giants did express some interest.

One candidate Coughlin has already interviewed, former Bills head coach Perry Fewell, was in Chicago to speak with head coach Lovie Smith about the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell is considered the front-runner.

Fewell, once Coughlin's defensive backs coach with the Jaguars, met last Thursday with Coughlin with the understanding he was in the running for the Bears defensive coordinator job. Fewell worked in St. Louis and Chicago for Smith and it appears the two will work together again.

Another interesting possibility: Mike Zimmer. His contract will soon expire with the Bengals. Zimmer successfully ran the defenses for the Cowboys and Falcons and did a solid job this season in Cincinnati. Zimmer may attract some interest around the league as a potential head-coaching candidate.

Tom Cable is expected to be fired as head coach of the Raiders and if he is, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride is again likely to get an interview. Gilbride last year interviewed for the job.

Interesting.

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435345)

THE source?

SLAG 01-11-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435345)

PAUL SCHWARTZ just told me ;)
:p

:clap: - I like this!

LaChapelle 01-11-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 6435342)
There will be hoopla.
Posted via Mobile Device

Excellent

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 06:01 PM

Whos Paul Schwartz?

Pioli Zombie 01-11-2010 06:01 PM

The Holy Spirit told me.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 01-11-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435354)
THE source?

man...didn't I just explain this...unless its labled from "the source" its not from "the source". But its not a joke post.

SLAG 01-11-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6435359)
Whos Paul Schwartz?

loook at the first post eg thread starter

Titty Meat 01-11-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 6435367)
man...didn't I just explain this...unless its labled from "the source" its not from "the source". But its not a joke post.

Sorry I missed that post.

You know I tell my friends I have a inside source and use your word for everything.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-11-2010 06:04 PM

Cooooooooooooooool....

Hope Weis and Crennel push for some big name FA acquisitions...