ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=350686)

Sassy Squatch 10-25-2023 04:53 PM

Really curious to get a look at Wemby tonight in real game action.

Pitt Gorilla 10-25-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17189483)

Yup. Him and Chet are going to be fascinating to watch.

Sassy Squatch 10-25-2023 05:16 PM

Hopefully that Lisfranc doesn't **** Chet long term.

KC_Connection 10-25-2023 05:16 PM

Quote:

Most interesting prospect since [redacted] came up 20 years ago IMO.

Titty Meat 10-25-2023 06:06 PM

I reported a few posts in here

Miles 10-25-2023 06:17 PM

Quote:

Same here and nice it’s on national TV.

Eureka 10-25-2023 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17189558)

Not Cool.

KC does give a bit of an entertainment swag factor with all the Lebron is the greatest posts.

Keep up the good work KC

Pitt Gorilla 10-25-2023 06:40 PM

Good to see KAT back to his dick-suck ways.

KCUnited 10-25-2023 07:08 PM

I miss listening to Stacey King

Also Caruso looks like he’s seen some shit since arriving in Chicago

smithandrew051 10-25-2023 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17189520)
Most interesting prospect since [redacted] came up 20 years ago IMO.

I assume you’re referring to Carmelo or maybe Chris Bosh?

smithandrew051 10-25-2023 08:01 PM

It’s pretty easy to pick out Wemby when watching this

KC_Connection 10-25-2023 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17189558)

Yeah, that checks out. A guy who only seldomly comes into these threads and solely to talk shit about how awful the NBA is when he does.

KC_Connection 10-25-2023 10:15 PM

Wemby refuses to shake hands in defeat.

Pitt Gorilla 10-25-2023 10:24 PM

I remember how excited I was when I thought OKC had drafted Lively. Cason Wallace may be one of the best ever, but I really liked the fit of someone like Lively at the 4. Oh well, he'll be a good one for Dallas.

That being said, OKC went into Chicago's barn and got the W.

PunkinDrublic 10-25-2023 11:09 PM

Lively outplayed Wembam-overrated tonight great start to the season.

DJ's left nut 10-26-2023 08:10 AM

Quote:

He's just so damn unique, I really struggle to even speculate how he'll develop.

The frustrating thing is that it may just come down to how he's officiated. I just can't see the guy building an "NBA Body" - he's so damn slight. If officials allow people to body him, he'll struggle.

It's why I ultimately struggle a little with the 'best prospect since James; maybe top 5 of all time' stuff. There's just a lot that's completely unknown and enough that's somewhat out of his control.

Obviously the easy and somewhat lazy comp is Durant, but I feel like Durant was more explosive. And being less tall that Wembenaya helps him a little in that the dribble just isn't going to be as exposed on those drives. And I don't feel like he can develop the build to be an Anthony Davis sort offensively or defensively. Maybe I'm wrong - he's really young. But it's not like Durant ever really filled out a ton. Giannis is a thought stylistically but Giannis had a pretty steep learning curve in his own right and again, seems more suited physically for the pro game.

Is he as crazy and competitive as Garnett? Has the league gotten more accustomed to Euro-style players like Doncic and Porzingis?

Man, I'm at a complete loss with the kid. I mean he's going to be a very good player for a very long time. But the bar seems to be "Hall of Fame - inner circle or just another guy?" and man I am really hesitant there because the kid's just different.

DJ's left nut 10-26-2023 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 17189853)
Lively outplayed Wembam-overrated tonight great start to the season.

Lively looked good.

It frustrates me that the Lakers stayed put at 17 and got a pretty 'meh' guy in Hood-Schifino when they had a clear need at center and Lively went 12.

Really couldn't have moved up to 10/11 to get that done? That's where the Mavs started and traded out. Just felt like a miss. Dallas goes out and essentially purchase pick 24 while the Lakers had some real trade assets but seemed hell bent on bringing everybody back rather than packaging some rights and moving around.

I think that one's gonna really sting, especially when Hood-Schifino is out of the league after his rookie deal. I just don't see much 'there' there.

Urc Burry 10-26-2023 08:29 AM

I think I’m ready to say the Thunder are going to win 50+. Even with a meh opener for Chet, the future is looking so ****ing bright. Wallace already looks like a dude, and there might be something there with Dieng

Pitt Gorilla 10-26-2023 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17190016)
Lively looked good.

It frustrates me that the Lakers stayed put at 17 and got a pretty 'meh' guy in Hood-Schifino when they had a clear need at center and Lively went 12.

Really couldn't have moved up to 10/11 to get that done? That's where the Mavs started and traded out. Just felt like a miss. Dallas goes out and essentially purchase pick 24 while the Lakers had some real trade assets but seemed hell bent on bringing everybody back rather than packaging some rights and moving around.

I think that one's gonna really sting, especially when Hood-Schifino is out of the league after his rookie deal. I just don't see much 'there' there.

OKC literally drafted Lively and then traded him to Dallas. I honestly thought we'd found our big-bodied 4 or 5 to pair with Chet.

DJ's left nut 10-26-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17190614)
OKC literally drafted Lively and then traded him to Dallas. I honestly thought we'd found our big-bodied 4 or 5 to pair with Chet.

Yeah - at least the Lakers didn't do THAT.

Pitt Gorilla 10-26-2023 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17190615)
Yeah - at least the Lakers didn't do THAT.

I think Wallace is a good player, but I LOVED the Lively pick. :(

DJ's left nut 10-26-2023 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17190646)
I think Wallace is a good player, but I LOVED the Lively pick. :(

Oh.

Well we didn't do that either.

I just don't quite get the Hood-Schifino pick. I tried to talk myself into it and man I am not getting there.

I mean you could argue that he's a 3 and D stretch 3 type but he's not big enough for it...oh, and he can't shoot from deep either.

Maybe you can squint and see a plus perimeter defender for late-game matchups with solid floor vision; someone who can help defensively in the rotation without hurting offensively. But it feels like that's a guy you get in the mid-20s (again, in a draft where the Mavs purchased #24).

It was just a really dead spot in the draft and the Lakers ended up reaching because they got caught napping, IMO.

For perspective, I like Maxwell Lewis, who LA got at 40, better than Jalen. And I don't think I'm close to alone in that regard. Now right, wrong or otherwise, it was the mushy middle of the draft. It was just a spot that I think LA should've worked harder to move up out of (or taken a homerun swing in Whitmore).

Eureka 10-26-2023 02:44 PM

Dubs gonna win it all this year.

WhawhaWhat 10-26-2023 02:48 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Jordan once teamed up with the 2nd unit on the Charlotte Bobcats to cook Stephen Jackson and the 1st unit <br><br>“Jack went to the basket and throws up a shot and the coaches didn’t call a foul. Jack yells out, ‘Yo, that’s a foul,’<br><br>MJ comes down and hits the game-winner.… <a href="https://t.co/MrVIgorERv">pic.twitter.com/MrVIgorERv</a></p>&mdash; NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1717232538869964897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla 10-26-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17190654)
Oh.

Well we didn't do that either.

I just don't quite get the Hood-Schifino pick. I tried to talk myself into it and man I am not getting there.

I mean you could argue that he's a 3 and D stretch 3 type but he's not big enough for it...oh, and he can't shoot from deep either.

Maybe you can squint and see a plus perimeter defender for late-game matchups with solid floor vision; someone who can help defensively in the rotation without hurting offensively. But it feels like that's a guy you get in the mid-20s (again, in a draft where the Mavs purchased #24).

It was just a really dead spot in the draft and the Lakers ended up reaching because they got caught napping, IMO.

For perspective, I like Maxwell Lewis, who LA got at 40, better than Jalen. And I don't think I'm close to alone in that regard. Now right, wrong or otherwise, it was the mushy middle of the draft. It was just a spot that I think LA should've worked harder to move up out of (or taken a homerun swing in Whitmore).

Wallace had 13 points in 19 minutes, going 5-5 and 3-3 from deep. I doubt he keeps that up, but he's a nice point/combo guy with good size and defensive presence to bring off the bench.

BWillie 10-26-2023 03:01 PM

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 31 pts, 10 ast, 5 rebs. 12-18 FG, 2-5 3 FT.

He is him. Get ready NBA. He's needs a nickname now. How about the surgeon. Maple Jordan is taken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17190680)
Wallace had 13 points in 19 minutes, going 5-5 and 3-3 from deep. I doubt he keeps that up, but he's a nice point/combo guy with good size and defensive presence to bring off the bench.

If the Thunder end up being good, they probably need to make a trade to get one more 3 pt shooter or a physical girthy big man. I think they can afford it with all of the draft picks they have.

KC_Connection 10-26-2023 03:11 PM

Outside of Jokic and Giannis, there's getting to be an argument that nobody is better than SGA in the league right now.

KC_Connection 10-26-2023 03:12 PM

The only other guys even in contention for me for that spot are Embiid and Doncic.

staylor26 10-26-2023 05:00 PM

Agreed. He's a top 5 player at worst.

dirk digler 10-26-2023 08:10 PM

Dame time

dirk digler 10-26-2023 08:13 PM

lol what a shot by Dame

KC_Connection 10-26-2023 08:13 PM

Yeah, the Bucks are gonna be a problem for Denver to beat.

dirk digler 10-26-2023 08:19 PM

Fun finish but Dame pulled it out. 39 pts is a pretty good start

smithandrew051 10-26-2023 08:24 PM

Good game by Kelly Oubre

dirk digler 10-26-2023 08:31 PM

KD kinda looks old

staylor26 10-26-2023 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17191262)
Yeah, the Bucks are gonna be a problem for Denver to beat.

So are the Celtics.

smithandrew051 10-26-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17191305)
So are the Celtics.

Porzingis looked great for them.

Not many dudes on the planet have that combination of size and shooting.

KC_Connection 10-26-2023 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17191305)
So are the Celtics.

Can't trust their leaders in the biggest of games.

KC_Connection 10-26-2023 08:43 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The reality for the Lakers is they need LeBron to play 36-38 MPG to win games. They aren&#39;t good enough to win with him only going 28-30 MPG.<br><br>It&#39;s absurd to say this about a guy in his 21st season, but LeBron is the biggest outlier in NBA history.</p>&mdash; Barry (@BarryOnHere) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere/status/1717730992998252852?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If LeBron is playing only 30 minutes a game this year as has been suggested, I'm not convinced this Lakers team will even go above .500. They still fall off a cliff every time he's off the floor and it's continued in both games so far.

dirk digler 10-26-2023 08:48 PM

Lebron is going to have to score a lot if these role players aren’t going to step up

dirk digler 10-26-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17191322)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The reality for the Lakers is they need LeBron to play 36-38 MPG to win games. They aren&#39;t good enough to win with him only going 28-30 MPG.<br><br>It&#39;s absurd to say this about a guy in his 21st season, but LeBron is the biggest outlier in NBA history.</p>&mdash; Barry (@BarryOnHere) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere/status/1717730992998252852?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If LeBron is playing only 30 minutes a game this year as has been suggested, I'm not convinced this Lakers team will even go above .500. They still fall off a cliff every time he's off the floor and it's continued in both games so far.

Or what you said

BWillie 10-26-2023 10:04 PM

Why does Kris Middleton suck now?

KC_Connection 10-26-2023 10:39 PM

LeBron dominating down the stretch like the 30 year old version instead of the 40.

KC_Connection 10-26-2023 10:44 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This guy is the oldest guy in the league, 500 minutes shy of the the most minutes in the history of the league, and STILL in the best shape of anyone at the end of these games… got more in the tank, can get to the rim to close the game better than anyone alive. Truly unreal.</p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1717762849324364041?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla 10-27-2023 08:53 PM

Anybody else catch the last couple minutes of the OKC/Cavs game?

chiefzilla1501 10-27-2023 09:03 PM

Wemby is a lot of fun to watch. But it’s weird how much his teammates don’t pass to him. It’s a popovich offense and theres no ball movement

Buehler445 10-27-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17190006)
He's just so damn unique, I really struggle to even speculate how he'll develop.

The frustrating thing is that it may just come down to how he's officiated. I just can't see the guy building an "NBA Body" - he's so damn slight. If officials allow people to body him, he'll struggle.

It's why I ultimately struggle a little with the 'best prospect since James; maybe top 5 of all time' stuff. There's just a lot that's completely unknown and enough that's somewhat out of his control.

Obviously the easy and somewhat lazy comp is Durant, but I feel like Durant was more explosive. And being less tall that Wembenaya helps him a little in that the dribble just isn't going to be as exposed on those drives. And I don't feel like he can develop the build to be an Anthony Davis sort offensively or defensively. Maybe I'm wrong - he's really young. But it's not like Durant ever really filled out a ton. Giannis is a thought stylistically but Giannis had a pretty steep learning curve in his own right and again, seems more suited physically for the pro game.

Is he as crazy and competitive as Garnett? Has the league gotten more accustomed to Euro-style players like Doncic and Porzingis?

Man, I'm at a complete loss with the kid. I mean he's going to be a very good player for a very long time. But the bar seems to be "Hall of Fame - inner circle or just another guy?" and man I am really hesitant there because the kid's just different.

To me it comes down to his ability to stay healthy. Even if a guy gets physical with him, as long as he doesn't crumble like a wet paper bag, he'll be a viable player. If he can't stay out of the tub, it will be the failure.

To me it goes like this. With what I'd perceive as probabilities

Worst (25%): He's in the tub. Compounding serious injuries, awful.

Mediocre (5%): He doesn't get materially better but is available. Middling player.

Good (55%): He develops some skills and savvy and is a good player.

Great (15%): He's got that **** you gene and gets into the lab and is a monster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17191307)
Porzingis looked great for them.

Not many dudes on the planet have that combination of size and shooting.

If he can stay healthy, the Celts are going to be a tough out. They still can't throw competent bodies at Jokic, which I think it's how they get beat barring injuries.

Eureka 10-27-2023 10:25 PM

Dubs going to bounce back and surprise you all again. Every year they win a championship you guys have always counted them out but you count them out every year anyways.

Eureka 10-27-2023 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17191548)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This guy is the oldest guy in the league, 500 minutes shy of the the most minutes in the history of the league, and STILL in the best shape of anyone at the end of these games… got more in the tank, can get to the rim to close the game better than anyone alive. Truly unreal.</p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1717762849324364041?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is a cool/great post about LeBron.

Pitt Gorilla 10-27-2023 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 17192690)
Dubs going to bounce back and surprise you all again. Every year they win a championship you guys have always counted them out but you count them out every year anyways.

When did I count them out?

BWillie 10-28-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17192627)
Anybody else catch the last couple minutes of the OKC/Cavs game?

You know it. Chet with the trailing clutch 3 from the top of the key. Denver is next...

dirk digler 10-28-2023 06:16 PM

Since I have a YouTube tv now I decided to pull the trigger on League Pass. Pretty cool using multiview last night

In other news by the time Morant comes back Memphis might be a lottery team. Lost their first 2 games and getting boat raced by the Wiz tonight.

chiefzilla1501 10-29-2023 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17193872)
Since I have a YouTube tv now I decided to pull the trigger on League Pass. Pretty cool using multiview last night

In other news by the time Morant comes back Memphis might be a lottery team. Lost their first 2 games and getting boat raced by the Wiz tonight.

I don’t know what states are eligible but I got a few months free with a small bet on fan duel

POND_OF_RED 10-29-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17193872)

They’re going to have to make a move with Steven Adams officially out for the season. Between him and BC recovering from the Achilles injury they just don’t have the depth in the paint right now. Not sure that Bismack Biyombo is the answer but at least it will give us some extra depth. They’ve also played 2 good healthy teams and their first road game was part of a back to back early in the season so I’m not worried in the slightest.

ARROW2 10-29-2023 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17191353)
Or what you said

THEN HIS ASS NEEDS TO RETIRE and let's get a star who CAN give us 36 minutes per game. This is bullshit

ARROW2 10-29-2023 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 17192692)
This is a cool/great post about LeBron.

One YMCA title in 6 years in LA that doesn't happen without everybody's whipping boy, AD......Amazing. Miss me with this shit. He makes a layup and it's "Wow, look, he can make a layup in year 20"....Lose and it's "Well he is in year 21 and AD is the blame"

This shit sickens me as a long time Laker fan. **** this team until he is gone. I hate his fanboy/excuse makers in the media. Still no foot surgery? Yeah, that's what I thought, that was bullshit too. Got swept up outta there. Where was the so-called GOAT? It is always somebody else's fault. Bron fans are not Laker fans, they only care about his stats.

ARROW2 10-29-2023 09:48 AM

LeExcuse. Talked about his stats at the press conference after getting handled by Denver again in game one.

ARROW2 10-29-2023 09:50 AM

He is in the way. I want my team back

dirk digler 10-29-2023 07:30 PM

Steph still owning the Rockets and that bitch ass loser Dillion Brooks

BWillie 10-29-2023 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 17194405)
LeExcuse. Talked about his stats at the press conference after getting handled by Denver again in game one.

Dude.. the guy is 40. Its remarkable hes even still able to start

KC_Connection 10-29-2023 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17198452)
Steph still owning the Rockets and that bitch ass loser Dillion Brooks

Is that actually an accomplishment? Houston has gotta be in the running for the worst team in the league

KC_Connection 10-29-2023 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 17194408)
He is in the way. I want my team back

Your team was an irrelevant joke for a decade before the GOAT came and saved them with a title and they’ll return to that status again once he leaves/retires.

dirk digler 10-29-2023 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17198465)
Is that actually an accomplishment? Houston has gotta be in the running for the worst team in the league

I thought people thought they would be an up and coming team with Udoka as the the HC and brought in Brooks and your boy VanFleet

KC_Connection 10-29-2023 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17198475)
I thought people thought they would be an up and coming team with Udoka as the the HC and brought in Brooks and your boy VanFleet

My boy VanVleet? He’s just there to pick up a (massive) paycheck. That team is gonna be a disaster.

dirk digler 10-29-2023 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17198478)
My boy VanVleet? He’s just there to pick up a (massive) paycheck. That team is gonna be a disaster.

Yeah your Raptor boy. :)

They got good young talent so they won’t be the worst in the league

KC_Connection 10-29-2023 09:39 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LEBRON WITH THE GO-AHEAD BUCKET TO TIE ‼️<br><br>Lakers-Kings headed to OT.<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NBA</a>)<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/Y5LPuEJvOA">pic.twitter.com/Y5LPuEJvOA</a></p>&mdash; Ball Don’t Lie (@Balldontlie) <a href="https://twitter.com/Balldontlie/status/1718834523788513710?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a player. The clutchest there ever was.

smithandrew051 10-29-2023 09:45 PM

How do you have a “go-ahead bucket to tie”?

dirk digler 10-29-2023 09:52 PM

Kings win in OT without their 2 best players. Lebron played a lot of minutes tonight and noticed Reeves didn’t play much in the 4th or any in OT

KC_Connection 10-29-2023 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17198716)
Kings win in OT without their 2 best players. Lebron played a lot of minutes tonight and noticed Reeves didn’t play much in the 4th or any in OT

That might be because Reeves went 1 for 12 and basically singlehandedly lost the game for them.

KC_Connection 10-29-2023 09:55 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LeBron James in the loss:<br><br>27 PTS<br>15 REB<br>8 AST<br>11-19 FG<br><br>The oldest player ever with a 25/15/5 game. <a href="https://t.co/y6ep206zVB">https://t.co/y6ep206zVB</a></p>&mdash; StatMuse (@statmuse) <a href="https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1718837839520055440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There aren’t words.

dirk digler 10-30-2023 08:13 PM

Steph with his 2nd 40 pt night in 3 games. If CP3 can stay healthy love him running the 2nd team. Dominating performance on a b2b

KC_Connection 10-30-2023 11:03 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most clutch FG&#39;s made for the 2023-24 season<br><br>1. LeBron - 7<br>2. Luka - 6<br>T3. Victor - 4<br>T3. Mitchell - 4<br>T3. Curry - 4<br><br>In fact of every player who has attempted at least 3 clutch shots this season LeBron has the highest FG% 87.5% (7/8) <a href="https://t.co/gcwkktfUAZ">pic.twitter.com/gcwkktfUAZ</a></p>&mdash; Uncovering the Truth (@shendy456) <a href="https://twitter.com/shendy456/status/1719017143059038233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was surprised he even played after the effort he gave last night, but LeBron gets it done down the stretch on the B2B to beat the Magic.

DJ's left nut 10-30-2023 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17200625)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most clutch FG&#39;s made for the 2023-24 season<br><br>1. LeBron - 7<br>2. Luka - 6<br>T3. Victor - 4<br>T3. Mitchell - 4<br>T3. Curry - 4<br><br>In fact of every player who has attempted at least 3 clutch shots this season LeBron has the highest FG% 87.5% (7/8) <a href="https://t.co/gcwkktfUAZ">pic.twitter.com/gcwkktfUAZ</a></p>&mdash; Uncovering the Truth (@shendy456) <a href="https://twitter.com/shendy456/status/1719017143059038233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was surprised he even played after the effort he gave last night, but LeBron gets it done down the stretch on the B2B to beat the Magic.

D'Angelo Russell, your favorite whipping boy, scored 10 points in the last 5 minutes of that game. Davis scored 26 with 19 boards (and 5 assists).

The two of them combined for 54/21/13 with 4 turnovers. They were friggen outstanding.

But yeah, it was James and his 19/3/4 with 5 turnovers that 'got it done down the stretch' because he hit {checks notes} 1 shot during the comeback and went 41% from the floor. He didn't even hit the game winner - again, that was D-Lo.

Again sweetheart, it doesn't ALL have to be Lebron James handjobs. What he's doing at his age is impressive. He was also the 3rd most valuable Laker tonight and he wasn't particularly close to the first 2.

If we start you a LeBron thread can you just spam THAT? Because this is a perfect goddamn example of what a problem you are in this thread. If you want to talk about that game, Lebron is nowhere near the top of the conversation. Yet it's literally the ONLY thing you mentioned.

PAChiefsGuy 10-30-2023 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17200341)
Steph with his 2nd 40 pt night in 3 games. If CP3 can stay healthy love him running the 2nd team. Dominating performance on a b2b

Very impressive. Steph is something else.

DJ's left nut 10-31-2023 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 17200638)
Very impressive. Steph is something else.

Was Reggie Millers last elite year 35? 36? 38? 32?

Curry seems to be aging better than Reggie. Is he going to be splashing there balls at 40? 42?

Feels like he can do this for another 5+ years...

KC Hawks 10-31-2023 12:15 AM

Harden traded to the Clippers

DJ's left nut 10-31-2023 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Hawks (Post 17200644)
Harden traded to the Clippers

I'm sure the Clippers won't come to regret that at all...

KC_Connection 10-31-2023 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17200634)
D'Angelo Russell, your favorite whipping boy, scored 10 points in the last 5 minutes of that game.

Wow. So Russell played well in a game for the first time in his last 10 dating back to the Warriors SF series last year (before no showing against Denver)? Someone get him a medal already.

Quote:

But yeah, it was James and his 19/3/4 with 5 turnovers that 'got it done down the stretch' because he hit {checks notes} 1 shot during the comeback and went 41% from the floor. He didn't even hit the game winner - again, that was D-Lo.
He entered the game in the 4th with the Lakers down 3, was the best player on the floor when it counted while taking over ball handling responsibilities, and hit the go ahead shot to give them the lead. He did this all after giving a ridiculous effort the night before in an overtime game where he was easily the Lakers' best player. Yeah, anybody being remotely objective would recognize he got it done down the stretch.

Quote:

Again sweetheart, it doesn't ALL have to be Lebron James handjobs. What he's doing at his age is impressive. He was also the 3rd most valuable Laker tonight and he wasn't particularly close to the first 2.
He's easily been the Lakers' most impactful player through four games and is producing at a level that nobody has ever even come close to at his age. Yeah, that should probably be recognized.

Quote:

If we start you a LeBron thread can you just spam THAT? Because this is a perfect goddamn example of what a problem you are in this thread. If you want to talk about that game, Lebron is nowhere near the top of the conversation. Yet it's literally the ONLY thing you mentioned.
If you want to go ahead and post about complete shitbag scrubs like D'Angelo Russell or pathetic talented flakes like Anthony Davis, go right ahead. Nobody is going to stop you. I'll continue posting about the greatest player in NBA history playing at an incredibly high level while he nears age 40 and the only reason the Lakers remain even remotely relevant as a franchise over the past decade.

KC_Connection 10-31-2023 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17200647)
I'm sure the Clippers won't come to regret that at all...

Well it's not like they were going anywhere with the roster as it was anyway, so I'll doubt they'll regret it too much. Might as well completely go all-in on the chance Kawhi and PG actually stay healthy this year. The West is as down as it has ever been if teams as bad as the Lakers are being projected in the upper quadrant of it.

PAChiefsGuy 10-31-2023 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17200643)
Was Reggie Millers last elite year 35? 36? 38? 32?

Curry seems to be aging better than Reggie. Is he going to be splashing there balls at 40? 42?

Feels like he can do this for another 5+ years...

Well it is early in the year. We will see how his ankles are doing by the time the season ends.

But so far, so good. When he is on, Curry is probably one of the most entertaining players there is.