ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328152)

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14727478)
Of course the media was on his jock the whole year. He scored 43 ****ing touchdowns. The highest in the league. He was the biggest playmaker in the NFL this season. Why wouldn't they be on his jock?

Right?

I swear to god this fanbase is too ****ing sensitive at times.

Last season was non-stop dick riding of Mahomes and the Chiefs, this post-season has been non-stop dick riding and these cry babies managed to find a few dissenting voices who DARED to compare MVP's.

I can't believe the audacity of these media types.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14727573)
No, he said you were making up a narrative about lamar getting put in the same league as mahomes. He agreed that they was a lot of hype/talk about jackson as he was the run away leader for MVP. Is everyone not supposed to talk about lamar just because hes not as good as mahomes.

And sure, there are enough bullshit shows (radio and tv) that need to fill hours that they argue stupid shit to get clicks and views, that I'm sure there was plenty of dumbassery that debated lamar vs mahomes. Since I avoid those shows like the plague, I cant speak on how often that topic was discussed or the type of dialogue on whether they were comparing qb attributes and determining that lamar was just as good.

But I do know that what I heard during games wasn't that lamar was the same as mahomes or that he was better than mahomes just that he was having a helluva season and deserved the mvp.

This guy gets it.

This thread is stupid.

And **** you Wallcrawler.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727621)
This guy gets it.

This thread is stupid.

And **** you Wallcrawler.

Haha. Id Love my new rent free digs in your head if there wasn't so much shit everywhere.

Not my fault youre too ****ing stupid to recognize a debate that's literally been going on all season, and how dare someone make a thread that says all that bullshit can cease now.

Eat a bag of dicks, ****wad, but make sure to save one to shove up your ass to put you in a better mood, sweetheart.

Lmmfao.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727657)
Haha. Id Love my new rent free digs in your head if there wasn't so much shit everywhere.

LMAO Look, it's this cliche again. I don't even know you. Is this not my first time interacting with your stupid ass? I don't recall ever exchanging with you before, but you're apparently a fan of mine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727657)
Not my fault youre too ****ing stupid to recognize a debate that's literally been going on all season, and how dare someone make a thread that says all that bullshit can cease now.

Eat a bag of dicks, ****wad, but make sure to save one to shove up your ass to put you in a better mood, sweetheart.

Lmmfao.

You're just a whiny bitch dragging your snail trail around this forum complaining about an argument that literally no one gives a shit about, that really isn't an argument in the 1st place, except to your stupid overly sensitive ass.

I mean, look at the initial post i made and then your rebuttal. That's all the evidence i need to prove you're a whiny bitch. And a dumb one too.

Don't be dumb AND whiny. If you're going to whine, at least cry about something relevant.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727606)
You can't be serious with this shit.

Was Mahomes handed the MVP by the media halfway through the season?

No. Even to the last game, they were still pushing Brees for MVP even though he had faded badly.

Unfortunately, Lamar believed his own press clippings and it cost him.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727676)
LMAO Look, it's this cliche again. I don't even know you. Is this not my first time interacting with your stupid ass? I don't recall ever exchanging with you before, but you're apparently a fan of mine.

You're just a whiny bitch dragging your snail trail around this forum complaining about an argument that literally no one gives a shit about, that really isn't an argument in the 1st place, except to your stupid overly sensitive ass.

I mean, look at the initial post i made and then your rebuttal. That's all the evidence i need to prove you're a whiny bitch. And a dumb one too.

Don't be dumb AND whiny. If you're going to whine, at least cry about something relevant.

Sure pal. Sure.

Since were giving each other advice, its probably best for you if you dont like a thread, maybe don't post in it. Especially if said post exposes your complete ****ing ignorance on the topic lol. Hurr durr, i didn't even know this was a conversation, derp!

Listen, dont get all redassed because i responded to you after you triple posted, then added a **** you Wallcrawler to the end of it.

Seems like your ass needs the dick shoved back in it, so that should be your first priority.

And, if youre going to post something so ****ing stupid, maybe fake a stroke next time.

Mr. Kotter 01-16-2020 01:09 PM

Is Mahomes better than Jackson? Yeah, in my opinion. Is he definitely 100% absolutely better? No. If a handful of plays for them, or us....would have gone differently, roles could easily be reversed. I'm glad they are not. I do think that Mahomes will have a better career overall, but it's way too early to be tossing around superlatives for either of them at this point. Yeah, I'll take Mahomes over Jackson, but if we didn't have Mahomes....Jackson, and Watson, would be at the top of my list to replace him.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727714)

Pretty much, yes. There were a few dissenting voices with a soft spot for Brees because he's old and hasn't won MVP yet, but most thought Mahomes was the runaway shoe-in. Just look at how the freakin' voting went. It was a landslide.

90% of the media is bending the knee and ya'll focus on 5-10% who dissent for, likely, reasons that actually have nothing to do with football.

For christ's sake, there was a moment this season where they were trying to label Josh Allen as the next Mahomes.

Ya'll don't remember (Chris Collinsworth?) trying to convince people that Trubisky has Mahomes-like qualities?

You're complaining about the media hyping the Titans....well, it's the freakin' AFCCG, what are they suppose to do? NOT say good things about one of only two AFC teams left? And then when they go to pick the game winner it's a damn near unanimous decision....

rabblerouser 01-16-2020 01:11 PM

Lamar throws pretty okay for a running back.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14727573)
No, he said you were making up a narrative about lamar getting put in the same league as mahomes. He agreed that they was a lot of hype/talk about jackson as he was the run away leader for MVP. Is everyone not supposed to talk about lamar just because hes not as good as mahomes.

And sure, there are enough bullshit shows (radio and tv) that need to fill hours that they argue stupid shit to get clicks and views, that I'm sure there was plenty of dumbassery that debated lamar vs mahomes. Since I avoid those shows like the plague, I cant speak on how often that topic was discussed or the type of dialogue on whether they were comparing qb attributes and determining that lamar was just as good.

But I do know that what I heard during games wasn't that lamar was the same as mahomes or that he was better than mahomes just that he was having a helluva season and deserved the mvp.

Go back and check threads on here. For weeks, certain fans like King have been lamenting having to go to the Ravens house and play them in the playoffs. There are plenty in the media that have came right out and said Mahomes is not the player Lamar is- Skip and Mangini being two of the most vocal.

They are two young talented QB's, people are going to debate who is greater for years to come.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14727729)
Sure pal. Sure.

Since were giving each other advice, its probably best for you if you dont like a thread, maybe don't post in it. Especially if said post exposes your complete ****ing ignorance on the topic lol. Hurr durr, i didn't even know this was a conversation, derp!

Listen, dont get all redassed because i responded to you after you triple posted, then added a **** you Wallcrawler to the end of it.

Seems like your ass needs the dick shoved back in it, so that should be your first priority.

And, if youre going to post something so ****ing stupid, maybe fake a stroke next time.

Yup, you still sound like a bitch. Look at you admitting that your pussy got soft because i dared to say "I didn't realize this was a real argument".

LMAO LMAO LMAO

I mean how ****ing sensitive can your bitch ass be? I didn't even address you in particular and here you come labia all hanging out throwing around insults.

It's no ****ing wonder you made this thread. Bitch is just in your nature. It's who you are.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727756)
- Skip and Mangini being two of the most vocal.

Dude...it's very, very obvious that their roles are to play heel to Shannon and Wright's over the top homerism.

vailpass 01-16-2020 01:14 PM

Isn't Lamar Jackson a special needs person? Not nice to pick on those people.

rabblerouser 01-16-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14727772)
Isn't Lamar Jackson a special needs person? Not nice to pick on those people.

He sure talks like a special needs person.
ROFL
LMAO

rabblerouser 01-16-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

No. Even to the last game, they were still pushing Brees for MVP even though he had faded badly.

Unfortunately, Lamar believed his own press clippings and it cost him.

Mahomes played like an MVP when his team was down.

Lamar had a minor meltdown.

ScareCrowe 01-16-2020 01:18 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fDzzb38re-M" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J5DkVITqzl8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="//content.jwplatform.com/players/GQD0afLR-2Sc8h7Xh.html" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

https://nypost.com/2019/11/26/lamar-...erback-debate/

It was discussed quite a bit, I could probably find more if I need to, just what I came up with after a 5 minute google search.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:18 PM

For the OP

You's a bitch (Bitch), your mama know you a bitch (Bitch)
Your girl even know you a bitch (Bitch)
I don’t know how she suck your dick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_qwEsKcVRSE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan 01-16-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727750)
Pretty much, yes. There were a few dissenting voices with a soft spot for Brees because he's old and hasn't won MVP yet, but most thought Mahomes was the runaway shoe-in. Just look at how the freakin' voting went. It was a landslide.

90% of the media is bending the knee and ya'll focus on 5-10% who dissent for, likely, reasons that actually have nothing to do with football.

For christ's sake, there was a moment this season where they were trying to label Josh Allen as the next Mahomes.

Ya'll don't remember (Chris Collinsworth?) trying to convince people that Trubisky has Mahomes-like qualities?

You're complaining about the media hyping the Titans....well, it's the freakin' AFCCG, what are they suppose to do? NOT say good things about one of only two AFC teams left? And then when they go to pick the game winner it's a damn near unanimous decision....

I guess we remember things differently. It was far more than a few that were on the Brees bandwagon, even when he was tailing off. Yes, when Mahomes hit the magic mark of 50, 5000 that pretty much sealed it.

As far as the over-hyped Titans- let the media build them up as much as they want. It is past the point of being ridiculous. But that is how it is- until the Chiefs win it all, they won't be given any credit for being a great team.

Eleazar 01-16-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14727614)
We live in a different era now. I would have said the same about garopolo and tannehill. Hell, even Rodgers hasn't really been Rodgers this year. Our guy gives us a really great chance to win. But a lamar IF the ravens run the ball well and play great defense still gives that team a decent shot. He is a system qb but he's a tough opponent when that system does its job exceptionally well.

A coach like Harbaugh can decide that he's in love with the guy's speed and say that he's going to try to turn him into a QB. There's nothing wrong with trying it, particularly if the cupboard is bare at QB and you're picking at the bottom of the draft and have few other options. A speculative pick might make sense in that situation.

But you're still essentially saying "We're going to try to be the first to do something that has never worked in NFL history."

And where they've ended up is someone who looks like they might be able to succeed if they get a lot better and are in a great situation. But this year, on a pretty good team, we saw that they are still not close at all.

ThaVirus 01-16-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Lamar wasn't handed the MVP midway through this season either. In fact, at the midway point, it was Russ who was the frontrunner for MVP. It wasn't until Wilson cooled down that the debate ended.

DRM08 01-16-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14727789)
Mahomes played like an MVP when his team was down.

Lamar had a minor meltdown.

It’s kinda strange, but I think the Ravens were somewhat handcuffed in the playoffs by the fact they steamrolled people so easily in the regular season. Their only adversity was Chiefs/Browns losses very early in the year. Chiefs had some injury adversity and some “shoot yourselves in the foot” adversity such as the Titans loss. In a weird way it helped them for the situation last weekend.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727771)
Dude...it's very, very obvious that their roles are to play heel to Shannon and Wright's over the top homerism.

Exactly, I agree completely. I was making the point that Mahomes is not considered the best QB in the NFL by many people, including in the media.

IMO, he is the best I have ever seen at Arrowhead and any other times.

The media wants to build up another Brady / Manning and, to be honest- there is not an equal right now.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 14727794)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fDzzb38re-M" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3/3 Say they'd take Patrick Mahomes.

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J5DkVITqzl8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2/2 Say they'd take Patrick Mahomes.

Quote:

<iframe src="//content.jwplatform.com/players/GQD0afLR-2Sc8h7Xh.html" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>

Dude doesn't actually pick one but says most NFL teams would take Patrick Mahomes.

Again, there's no ****ing debate here. It's not a real thing. It's media created content that some BITCHES takes offense to because "oh how dare they". It's happened every year with every good QB before Mahomes and will continue until you're dead and buried.

Pitt Gorilla 01-16-2020 01:27 PM

It’s like those idiots who don’t think Andy Reid is an outstanding head football coach, only Jackson has a better argument.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14727811)
Lamar wasn't handed the MVP midway through this season either. In fact, at the midway point, it was Russ who was the frontrunner for MVP. It wasn't until Wilson cooled down that the debate ended.

Okay, so with 6 games left in the season then. ;)

Lamar and the Ravens had been built up as unstoppable. Their ground game was historic this year, but they did have some major flaws, which the Titans exposed.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727821)
I was making the point that Mahomes is not considered the best QB in the NFL by many people, including in the media.

That's....i completely disagree. Far, far faaaar more people do in fact believe he's the best, many think it's not even close and you're focused on a very small minority who, quite frankly, are drawing that conclusion for reasons no based on football.

Buehler445 01-16-2020 01:31 PM

Lamar is far more successful than I thought he would be. Also, his improvement from year 1 to year 2 I didn't think would happen. He deserves credit for that.

But the OP isn't off base on anything other than the RB for the Chiefs crack.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727837)
Okay, so with 6 games left in the season then. ;)

Lamar and the Ravens had been built up as unstoppable. Their ground game was historic this year, but they did have some major flaws, which the Titans exposed.

The media's job is to hype though. It's not really their job to explain to you weaknesses and matchup. Some do, obviously. And we've absolutely gotten more than our share of praise. I've been soaking in every minute of it too.

But they mostly exist to get fans hyped and tuned in for the ratings.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14727842)
Lamar is far more successful than I thought he would be. Also, his improvement from year 1 to year 2 I didn't think would happen. He deserves credit for that.

But the OP isn't off base on anything other than the RB for the Chiefs crack.

The OP is very far off base because A) he's a bitch, and B) he's mistaken made-for-T.V-debate with what people ACTUALLY think. I mean, Scarecrow just posted his evidence and every ****ing one of them in each video took Mahomes.

It's ok to acknowledge that Jackson did some special shit this year. He did.

But when push comes to shove 99% of the people out there are taking Mahomes. The "evidence" supplied in this thread proves it. There's really no argument here. There never was.

ToxSocks 01-16-2020 01:38 PM

Show me THIS video for Lamar Jackson. Where is it? Is there even anything like this out there for Lamar Jackson?

**** no. GMAFB. There's never been a legit debate about this. Piss off Wallcrawler, bitch ass bitch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0RNs-F8HzLs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ScareCrowe 01-16-2020 01:43 PM

All the OP states is that the media was putting Jackson in the same league as Mahomes, not that he was actually better. They pretty clearly were, granted most put Mahomes as better, but the fact that the conversation was happening at all was a little silly.

Halfcan 01-16-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727838)
That's....i completely disagree. Far, far faaaar more people do in fact believe he's the best, many think it's not even close and you're focused on a very small minority who, quite frankly, are drawing that conclusion for reasons no based on football.

To me it seems that Mahomes is put to different standards by the media than Lamar or Watson.

Stuff like- Mahomes has never beaten Brady and Belichek - getting shut out for a half in two separate games. Then when Mahomes wins- its - well Brady does not have the same weapons. The goalpost always get moved.

Even on here, people were posting that Mahomes was having a down year after he came back from injury, even though we kept winning and the field conditions were terrible for several games in a row.

Now the bar is set at a Superbowl birth. Then a win.

Once he gets that first ring- the conversation will change from best now- to one of the best ever. It should be a fun debate.

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 09:25 PM

Looks like I got all up in Detoxing's feels. Posted quite a bit while i was at work I see.

For someone who likes to sling the word Bitch around as much as you, you sure do get redassed really easily lmmfao.

A thread got made on the internet you didnt agree with, you posted complete ignorance of the topic, and got called on it. Pretty simple.

This thread, while clearly massively offensive to you, was a statement of opinion about all the Lamar or Mahomes, who do you want shit.

I posted it here, because its a football topic. Now, while you would love to have everyone believe that me seeing this type of thing is the most offensive thing ive ever seen and just cant take it, mostly because of a little bitchass overreaction on your part to getting called out for posting pure ignorance in a thread you didnt even feel was necessary, yet somehow could not stop yourself from posting in, that's simply not the case and was a simple statement that all that horseshit discussion over who would you take can cease.

I've been here for the duration of your time on this board, Detoxing, and for the most part, your 44+ thousand posts has done little more than contribute to the loss of brain cells of those stumbling across your bullshit.

Now, hopefully when you finish gettin your titties in and your hormones level off, you can calm your ass down.

Or, keep posting your feels. Its funny in a sort of "I'm going to hell for laughing at this ****ing reerun, I'm sure he cant help it/hey man, its not his fault" sort of way, but screw it. Ill laugh anyway.

Pro tip, try to know sonething about a topic before you deem it unnecessary, and post proof youre doing nothing but talking out of your ass.

Your feels will thank you. Now dry those eyes, and run tell everyone what a BITCH Wallcrawler is.

Red Dawg 01-16-2020 09:28 PM

Lamar is a gimmick. It's over

Wallcrawler 01-16-2020 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScareCrowe (Post 14727884)
All the OP states is that the media was putting Jackson in the same league as Mahomes, not that he was actually better. They pretty clearly were, granted most put Mahomes as better, but the fact that the conversation was happening at all was a little silly.

Exactly.

I forgot my crayolas to draw it out for the special needs class. King and Detoxing head up that very special group of little troopers.

Trent Green GOAT 01-16-2020 10:14 PM

You guys have got stop being so insecure.

chiefzilla1501 01-16-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14728995)
Looks like I got all up in Detoxing's feels. Posted quite a bit while i was at work I see.

For someone who likes to sling the word Bitch around as much as you, you sure do get redassed really easily lmmfao.

A thread got made on the internet you didnt agree with, you posted complete ignorance of the topic, and got called on it. Pretty simple.

This thread, while clearly massively offensive to you, was a statement of opinion about all the Lamar or Mahomes, who do you want shit.

I posted it here, because its a football topic. Now, while you would love to have everyone believe that me seeing this type of thing is the most offensive thing ive ever seen and just cant take it, mostly because of a little bitchass overreaction on your part to getting called out for posting pure ignorance in a thread you didnt even feel was necessary, yet somehow could not stop yourself from posting in, that's simply not the case and was a simple statement that all that horseshit discussion over who would you take can cease.

I've been here for the duration of your time on this board, Detoxing, and for the most part, your 44+ thousand posts has done little more than contribute to the loss of brain cells of those stumbling across your bullshit.

Now, hopefully when you finish gettin your titties in and your hormones level off, you can calm your ass down.

Or, keep posting your feels. Its funny in a sort of "I'm going to hell for laughing at this ****ing reerun, I'm sure he cant help it/hey man, its not his fault" sort of way, but screw it. Ill laugh anyway.

Pro tip, try to know sonething about a topic before you deem it unnecessary, and post proof youre doing nothing but talking out of your ass.

Your feels will thank you. Now dry those eyes, and run tell everyone what a BITCH Wallcrawler is.

Dude, you need to take a deep breath.everyone here knows mahomes is better than Lamar. Our main focus is the afc championship game right now

RealSNR 01-16-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14727771)

Uhh... I guess how do we define homerism? Don't you have to be a fan of the team to be a homer?

Shannon is still no fan of the Chiefs. He talks them up because he loves him some Mahomes. But I wouldn't call him a homer.

AussieChiefsFan 01-16-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14727910)
To me it seems that Mahomes is put to different standards by the media than Lamar or Watson.

Because he's better than they are.

RealSNR 01-17-2020 12:07 AM

People bitch at me for shitting on Deshaun Watson a lot. But the media just plays into that. Why does Watson "just win games" but Mahomes is some ****ing chump who plays like Andy Dalton in big moments?

It seems to me that Patrick Mahomes is the far more "clutch" QB so far in their respective NFL careers. Are people STILL ****ing talking about Watson and when he was at Clemson? Jesus Christ, that's ****ing idiotic.

Gimme Josh White, Ken Dorsey, and Greg McElroy! Those guys are just winners, man, let me tell you! Couldn't beat'em in college!

Megatron96 01-17-2020 12:17 AM

Shocker.

Why do we care?

ARROW2 01-17-2020 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14729195)
People bitch at me for shitting on Deshaun Watson a lot. But the media just plays into that. Why does Watson "just win games" but Mahomes is some ****ing chump who plays like Andy Dalton in big moments?

It seems to me that Patrick Mahomes is the far more "clutch" QB so far in their respective NFL careers. Are people STILL ****ing talking about Watson and when he was at Clemson? Jesus Christ, that's ****ing idiotic.

Gimme Josh White, Ken Dorsey, and Greg McElroy! Those guys are just winners, man, let me tell you! Couldn't beat'em in college!

Tebow was a freaking dynasty in college....It's just dumb to go back to what he did in college. Yeah, like Mahomes couldn't have won on a loaded Clemson team....Put Watson on T Tech with that defense.

warpaint* 01-17-2020 12:24 AM

Until Lamar figures out how to complete 10 yard passes on 3rd and 9 from the pocket and uses his legs to extend plays in order to complete said passes this topic is lol.

Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. His athleticism buys him time to learn.

cdcox 01-17-2020 12:26 AM

If the NFL media were honest, the narrative for the next 15 years would be, "Patrick Mahomes is the best player ever to touch a football, but insert name here is really a dynamic player if we don't compare them to the best player in the history of the NFL."

But that would be boring and would decrease fan interest in the NFL because of the hopelessness it would engender for the fans of every other NFL team.

Patrick Mahomes is a cheat code, and the NFL media will work overtime to hide the fact. I'm good with that.

DRM08 01-17-2020 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14729195)

Yeah, Deshaun is fortunate that most of the attention from that game is on O'Brien making poor decisions in the first half and the Chiefs offense playing lights out. He only scored 7 points in the 2nd half.

The game was by no means over at halftime and he still had a chance to make it competitive in the 4th quarter. He failed to do that. Losing by 20 points after having a 24-0 lead is the exact opposite of "clutch." Also laid a massive egg during a home playoff game against the Colts a year ago.

ARROW2 01-17-2020 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14729214)
Yeah, Deshaun is fortunate that most of the attention from that game is on O'Brien making poor decisions in the first half and the Chiefs offense playing lights out. He only scored 7 points in the 2nd half.

The game was by no means over at halftime and he still had a chance to make it competitive in the 4th quarter. He failed to do that. Losing by 20 points after having a 24-0 lead is the exact opposite of "clutch." Also laid a massive egg during a home playoff game against the Colts a year ago.

But...but...but...he's Michael Jordan because two Bills ran into each other while sacking him.....

Buehler445 01-17-2020 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 14729215)
But...but...but...he's Michael Jordan because two Bills ran into each other while sacking him.....

LOL.

This isn’t aimed at your Arrow. I just wanted to take the opportunity to laugh at your comment.

That being said, I honestly don’t see how you guys can consume the drivel that is sports talk. I just can’t listen. I love Mahomes, but I want no part in listening to what these spoken-word versions of click bait factories have to say about him.

ARROW2 01-17-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14729216)
LOL.

This isn’t aimed at your Arrow. I just wanted to take the opportunity to laugh at your comment.

That being said, I honestly don’t see how you guys can consume the drivel that is sports talk. I just can’t listen. I love Mahomes, but I want no part in listening to what these spoken-word versions of click bait factories have to say about him.

I know. It's ridiculous. I cringe every time I hear that bullshit. They always make excuses....."The weapons.....Andy Reid.....blah blah blah". Alex had these weapons, Andy Reid AND Kareem Hunt. The difference between the two jumps off the screen.

DRM08 01-17-2020 01:04 AM

So I'm thinking of Mahomes' contract in the context of what happened with Aaron Rodgers many years ago. Deshaun Watson has leaked to the media that he is going to use Mahomes' contract to squeeze an even bigger salary from the Texans. Given what we saw this past weekend, I think the Texans should tell him to jump off a cliff. But they won't. They'll end up paying him more than Mahomes and they'll be stuck with a QB who isn't the best in the world. Same thing with Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. He will squeeze top dollar out of Jerry Jones after Mahomes pushes the market above $40M.

Years ago, Aaron Rodgers set the market at $22M. Before you knew it, the likes of Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, Jimmy G, and Kirk Cousins were at $25-29M while Rodgers was still at $22M. Similar situation is about to play out with Mahomes. I know a lot of folks on this forum want Mahomes to give the Chiefs a big discount. But the reality is they are getting a massive discount to begin with. If they pay him $40M per year and we see another 5 inferior QB's go above that number in the next few years, then the Chiefs can sit back and laugh their butts off at the rest of the league...same as the Packers did with Rodgers at $22M.

Relative to his peers, Rodgers was worth a hell of a lot more than that $22M number. Same statement is true with Mahomes at $40M. If Dak and Deshaun are gonna get paid $40M, Mahomes' real value is more like $60M. That's a big win for the Chiefs in the grand scheme. The other team that can laugh their butts off is Seattle. Russell Wilson at $35M is a massive steal when you start thinking about a Dak Prescott at $40M.

Megatron96 01-17-2020 02:39 PM

Dak Prescott is not worth $40M. Not worth $30M. But the market will say he's woth probably $34M. Despite the fact that he's really just Kirk Cousins in Dallas as opposed to MIN.

Lamar Jackson might be the single best athletic talent we've ever seen at QB. But that's about 75% because of his running ability. And he's an amazing runner.

But I don't think he'll ever be close to what Pat is right now as a passer. And that's not a swipe at Lamar. It's arguable that only 3 QBs in the league are anywhere close to Pat as a passer right now, and two of them have been in the league for more than 14-15 years now.

Pat is an outlier. He is the NFL version of Michael Jordan. He has obliterated the expectations of what an NFL quarterback should and could be. Like Barry Sanders, for example. Barry was so far outside of the norm for a RB that there was no comparison. You couldn't say, "this guy is a lot like Barry." No. There was/is/never will be anyone like Barry.

Pat is the same. He's unique.

So Lamar not being like Pat doesn't really matter. No one is going to be like Pat. But Lamar is pretty special in his own way as well. Just not like Pat.

DRM08 01-23-2020 09:23 PM

Pretty rough showing in accuracy drills at the Pro Bowl for Lamar. Kirk Cousins and Russell Wilson showing what a real passer looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FQUrPhJDo

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14748552)
Pretty rough showing in accuracy drills at the Pro Bowl for Lamar. Kirk Cousins and Russell Wilson showing what a real passer looks like.

Because Lamar is hot garbage. He's a great Wildcat RB who throws every now and again though.

notorious 01-23-2020 09:32 PM

Look at how Lamar swivels his lead foot on his passes. Jesus this guy SUCKS at basic fundamentals.

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14748560)
Look at how Lamar swivels his lead foot on his passes. Jesus this guy SUCKS at basic fundamentals.

Yup. No wonder his passes either float or come off short. His footwork is atrocious.

ThyKingdomCome15 01-23-2020 09:36 PM

Lamar is like the greatest gimmick QB I've ever watched. Problem the Ravens offense peaked mid season. The NFL adjusted and now the blue print is stack the box, make Lamar stay in the pocket/run lateral, and change up your coverages to confuse him. As for a healthy Chiefs offense, there is no stopping it. You cant even contain it because nickel and dimes turn in to Sammy Watkins/Reek/Hardman big money bombs. You just can't stop them all.

notorious 01-23-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14748564)
Yup. No wonder his passes either float or come off short. His footwork is atrocious.

I work with my 8 year old son with this all the time. The ball will go where your foot is pointed.

If you don't point your foot, plant, swivel your hips and follow through top/down the ball won't go where you want it.

Only freaks like Mahomes can get away with doing something outside of the formula.

This guy is the NFL MVP at QB and isn't doing what any decent passing high school QB can do.

St. Patty's Fire 01-23-2020 09:52 PM

Both receivers did better in precision passing than Lamar

Embarrassing

mr. tegu 01-23-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14729220)
So I'm thinking of Mahomes' contract in the context of what happened with Aaron Rodgers many years ago. Deshaun Watson has leaked to the media that he is going to use Mahomes' contract to squeeze an even bigger salary from the Texans. Given what we saw this past weekend, I think the Texans should tell him to jump off a cliff. But they won't. They'll end up paying him more than Mahomes and they'll be stuck with a QB who isn't the best in the world. Same thing with Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. He will squeeze top dollar out of Jerry Jones after Mahomes pushes the market above $40M.

Years ago, Aaron Rodgers set the market at $22M. Before you knew it, the likes of Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, Jimmy G, and Kirk Cousins were at $25-29M while Rodgers was still at $22M. Similar situation is about to play out with Mahomes. I know a lot of folks on this forum want Mahomes to give the Chiefs a big discount. But the reality is they are getting a massive discount to begin with. If they pay him $40M per year and we see another 5 inferior QB's go above that number in the next few years, then the Chiefs can sit back and laugh their butts off at the rest of the league...same as the Packers did with Rodgers at $22M.

Relative to his peers, Rodgers was worth a hell of a lot more than that $22M number. Same statement is true with Mahomes at $40M. If Dak and Deshaun are gonna get paid $40M, Mahomes' real value is more like $60M. That's a big win for the Chiefs in the grand scheme. The other team that can laugh their butts off is Seattle. Russell Wilson at $35M is a massive steal when you start thinking about a Dak Prescott at $40M.

I don’t think we are going to get an Aaron Rodgers salary situation here because I think teams don’t want to constantly reset the market and they will finally have an out because Mahomes is so clearly the best that they won’t have to offer more than him and no one would think that’s not fair.

DRM08 01-23-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 14748565)
Lamar is like the greatest gimmick QB I've ever watched. Problem the Ravens offense peaked mid season. The NFL adjusted and now the blue print is stack the box, make Lamar stay in the pocket/run lateral, and change up your coverages to confuse him. As for a healthy Chiefs offense, there is no stopping it. You cant even contain it because nickel and dimes turn in to Sammy Watkins/Reek/Hardman big money bombs. You just can't stop them all.

It's gonna be interesting to see the Ravens offense next season. I think Lamar will keep working to improve his passing ability. But he's still a long ways from where he would need to be as an actual pocket passer. I would assume DC's will finally start locking down the tight end throws over the middle. He leans on that so heavily, you have to challenge him to do something else in the passing game.

Eleazar 01-23-2020 10:21 PM

Kind of feel bad for Lamar. You either have accuracy or you don’t. His game is what it is. He didn’t ask to be the most overhyped player in recent memory.

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14748568)
I work with my 8 year old son with this all the time. The ball will go where your foot is pointed.

If you don't point your foot, plant, swivel your hips and follow through top/down the ball won't go where you want it.

Only freaks like Mahomes can get away with doing something outside of the formula.

This guy is the NFL MVP at QB and isn't doing what any decent passing high school QB can do.

It's sad. I read 2 books when I was named the starter in 6th grade : Joe Montana The Art and Magic of Quarterbacking and Joe Theismann Quarterbacking

Both books stress the footwork aspect, and that's where i started. Drew Brees and Kirk Cousins both have exceptional footwork. Tom Brady, too, much as I hate to admit it.

I think I actually still have that Montana book somewhere. If you'd like, I can send it your way for your boy to peruse. Lots of good stuff in there.

DRM08 01-23-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14748642)
Kind of feel bad for Lamar. You either have accuracy or you don’t. His game is what it is. He didn’t ask to be the most overhyped player in recent memory.

Agree with you there. He seems like a really nice guy.

I think he can still improve on some of the accuracy issues. Seems like he improved a lot from last year to this year. He'll never be a GOAT level passer, but he's still a hell of a player when you factor in the incredible running ability. He's a "good enough" passer that it is damn difficult to stop both elements of his game.

rabblerouser 01-23-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14748665)
Agree with you there. He seems like a really nice guy.

I think he can still improve on some of the accuracy issues. Seems like he improved a lot from last year to this year. He'll never be a GOAT level passer, but he's still a hell of a player when you factor in the incredible running ability. He's a "good enough" passer that it is damn difficult to stop both elements of his game.

He needs to work on his footwork. He needs a QB coach that will drill him on fundamentals like Holmgren used to drill Favre.

ChiefsFanatic 01-24-2020 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14748676)
He needs to work on his footwork. He needs a QB coach that will drill him on fundamentals like Holmgren used to drill Favre.

I think he needs a different head coach, because Harbaugh seems content to say Lamar is perfect the way he is now, but ultimately, Lamar has to want to get better.

This off-season we will see if Lamar is driven to get better, like Mahomes was driven to change his body before this season.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Lzen 01-24-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Kind of feel bad for Lamar. You either have accuracy or you don’t.....

As others have already pointed out in this thread, Lamar needs work on his mechanics. If he does that then he can probably improve quite a bit. It's the mental side of things that he may never get much better.

FringeNC 01-24-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Mike Leach claims coaches dramatically overestimate their ability to fix accuracy issues at both the college and pro level. Either you have it or you don't...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Leach: Most important characteristics of QBs<br>&quot;You can&#39;t develop people into being accurate after 17-18. In the 4th-6th grade he’s the guy that can take the snowball &amp; hit the stop sign&quot;<br>1. Accuracy<br>2. Good Decisions<br>3. Quick Feet<br>4. Fast<br>5. Strong Arm<br>+Elevate play of others <a href="https://t.co/Yh6mPzC14r">pic.twitter.com/Yh6mPzC14r</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1102296816954036226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DRM08 01-24-2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14748820)
I think he needs a different head coach, because Harbaugh seems content to say Lamar is perfect the way he is now, but ultimately, Lamar has to want to get better.

This off-season we will see if Lamar is driven to get better, like Mahomes was driven to change his body before this season.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I don’t think that “perfect” comment is true. Saw a quote from Harbaugh that he had a great conversation with Lamar after the playoff loss. They discussed the areas Lamar needs to improve. Harbaugh said Lamar was pretty self-aware about the flaws in his game. So I think they have the right attitude about it. He will get better as a passer.

Mecca 01-24-2020 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14749100)
I don’t think that “perfect” comment is true. Saw a quote from Harbaugh that he had a great conversation with Lamar after the playoff loss. They discussed the areas Lamar needs to improve. Harbaugh said Lamar was pretty self-aware about the flaws in his game. So I think they have the right attitude about it. He will get better as a passer.

Doesn't matter if he knows, many people believe you can't teach accuracy either you have it or you don't.

rabblerouser 01-24-2020 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14749104)
Doesn't matter if he knows, many people believe you can't teach accuracy either you have it or you don't.

It can be improved. Just watching him throw at the Pro Bowl skills contest shows me he needs to improve his footwork, which would help a lot.

I mean, he'll never be Joe Montana, but he can be better than he is now, as far as throwing mechanics and being more accurate. However, as pointed out, his mental game is probably not ever really going to improve much. He is what he is, but that doesn't mean he can't improve.

TambaBerry 01-24-2020 10:14 AM

why didnt mahomes do it last year? I think he would be amazing at that

OKchiefs 01-24-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14749100)

Doubtful. He's not going to catch the NFL unaware again. Defenses will catch up before he's able to improve or compensate enough. Not saying he'll suck, but he's also not going to put up nearly the same numbers. And he's already ran the ball 300+ times I'm the NFL, the big hit is coming soon.

DJ's left nut 01-24-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14748552)

This was just cringeworthy, man...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EhxDfz2QaRo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've been calling the guy the best passing runningback in the league....guess I should've considered WRs in that group.

The kid can't throw the football and I could not possibly care less what his completion % says. You just have to watch him sling it and there's no other conclusion to reach.

FringeNC 01-24-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14749146)

..as was Booger McFarland's commentary...

DRM08 01-24-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14749143)
Doubtful. He's not going to catch the NFL unaware again. Defenses will catch up before he's able to improve or compensate enough. Not saying he'll suck, but he's also not going to put up nearly the same numbers. And he's already ran the ball 300+ times I'm the NFL, the big hit is coming soon.

Oh yes, I agree on the stat regression. He can be a better passer next year and still come up well short of 36 passing TDs. Just look at the stat regression for Mahomes, and I think Pat is definitely a better QB right now compared to a year ago.

DJ's left nut 01-24-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14749138)
It can be improved. Just watching him throw at the Pro Bowl skills contest shows me he needs to improve his footwork, which would help a lot.

I mean, he'll never be Joe Montana, but he can be better than he is now, as far as throwing mechanics and being more accurate. However, as pointed out, his mental game is probably not ever really going to improve much. He is what he is, but that doesn't mean he can't improve.

Throwing accurately is all about repeatable mechanics. And repeatability is almost always about biomechanics.

MLB pitchers are the best examples of it; so few of those guys ever truly find additional accuracy beyond their baseline at about 22 years old. Some guys like Randy Johnson struggle with it because they have these crazy body types that it takes time to figure out, but if you're a 6'2'' righty, you're just not gonna add any additional accuracy to speak of over time. Your body simply lacks the biomechanics to repeat your delivery.

Yes, Jackson can refine his footwork so that at least THAT part of his platform is stable, but his upper body just isn't built to be an accurate passer. It's not going to happen for him.

He'll always be fighting his consistency because his body isn't built for the kind of precision that someone like Brees is. And Patrick Mahomes is simply the exception that proves the rule.

ToxSocks 01-24-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14749146)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EhxDfz2QaRo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've been calling the guy the best passing runningback in the league....guess I should've considered WRs in that group.

The kid can't throw the football and I could not possibly care less what his completion % says. You just have to watch him sling it and there's no other conclusion to reach.

Me after watching Jackson: "Ah, c'mon that must be difficult for a lot of guys. Must be some wind howling around too"

And then Kirk Cousins threw.... :facepalm: @ Lamar Jackson.

DJ's left nut 01-24-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14749163)
Me after watching Jackson: "Ah, c'mon that must be difficult for a lot of guys. Must be some wind howling around too"

I mean what the hell is that delivery? That's something you do when you HAVE to. You don't do that flat-footed side-whip when you're standing there throwing at targets.

And on the deep balls he just couldn't get it there. Guy's flat coming up short on targets that are, what, 30 yards downfield?

And people want to actually argue with you when you say that he can't throw outside the hash. That's a 20 yard gain if he puts it where he wants, right? 30 at most?

rabblerouser 01-24-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14749163)

ROFL

rabblerouser 01-24-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14749171)
I mean what the hell is that delivery? That's something you do when you HAVE to. You don't do that flat-footed side-whip when you're standing there throwing at targets.

And on the deep balls he just couldn't get it there. Guy's flat coming up short on targets that are, what, 30 yards downfield?

And people want to actually argue with you when you say that he can't throw outside the hash. That's a 20 yard gain if he puts it where he wants, right? 30 at most?

ROFL
LMAO

UK_Chief 01-24-2020 11:15 AM

Anyone who disagrees is and idiot