ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why does Dan Fouts hate the Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319271)

BWillie 12-03-2018 12:27 AM

At least 3 perfect passes by Mahomes - and Fouts was like - he's lucky that wasn't picked. No - he's not - Mahomes placed it only in the spot where either his guy would catch it or nobody would catch it or he just had the cannon and balls to tuck it into the tight window.

Demonpenz 12-03-2018 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13932045)
One of the things that irritates me the most about listening to Fouts is he almost never corrects himself when the video shows he was wrong.

Like on the DPI call where he kept claiming the ball was way overthrown, but it wasn't. It was clear that without the interference it would have been at least possible for Conley to get a hand on it.

Or when the Raider receiver almost caught the TD pass in the back of the end zone, but dropped the ball, he said it was a great catch, and as they were going to break Eagle tossed in that he didn't even catch the ball at the last second.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

That was bad and the kelce touchdown they weren't checking if it was a catch they were checking if he had possession and when he had possession was he over the goal line.

Best22 12-03-2018 01:48 AM

Fouts career touchdown/interception ratio was 25/24 yet he rags on Mahomes for “interceptable passes.” ROFL

Inb4 “different era”

BigCatDaddy 12-03-2018 01:55 AM

So he 50 million in the bank !!/ Sandy Fouts

Frosty 12-03-2018 09:40 AM

WTF was Fouts going on about when Robinson caught the ball and ran across the field to get out of bounds? He was claiming Robinson went out of bounds backwards and the clock should have kept running? No part of this looks backwards.

https://i.imgur.com/lFPgzcA.gif

Spott 12-03-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13932474)
WTF was Fouts going on about when Robinson caught the ball and ran across the field to get out of bounds? He was claiming Robinson went out of bounds backwards and the clock should have kept running? No part of this looks backwards.

Lol, I didn’t realize until seeing it again how far forward he actually ran on that play. He gained another 11-12 yards when it looked like he was running sideways.

Jerm 12-03-2018 09:51 AM

The best one was on Kelce's non TD where he was touched down...Fouts was yelling about how that was another pass that should've been picked lol, Nelson wasn't even close to it.

htismaqe 12-03-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13932493)
Lol, I didn’t realize until seeing it again how far forward he actually ran on that play. He gained another 11-12 yards when it looked like he was running sideways.

Fouts was talking about the very end of the play - he definitely is running laterally as he goes out of bounds.

Of course, that doesn't mean his forward momentum was halted. Fouts is ridiculous.

InChiefsHeaven 12-03-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 13932003)
I think we should all be civil and not call each other out on crap we might have done in the past on the internet for a while. I know I'm guilty for taking things too seriously when I didn't need to. We're all human beings and we ain't perfect. When we can forgive each other and look past yesterday - tomorrow we can march forward, together towards our goal of a super bowl victory and stuff. Tomorrow is a new day for everyone. We all need to support each other. We almost lost to the ****ing Raiders guys, coached by John Gruden 2.0. Perhaps the most ugly and vile thing to ever infiltrate the nfl.

Kill yourself.

gblowfish 12-03-2018 10:23 AM

Dan Fouts molests Collies.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4aCD0paobEs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

58-4ever 12-03-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13932493)

No doubt... he got shoved backwards, but he definitely ran forward as much as he was able... Fouts can suck a dick.

Halfcan 12-03-2018 10:42 AM

I have never liked Fouts even when he played. I really dislike him now. He seems so intimidated that Mahomes is shattering records every week and will for sure pass everything he ever did in half the games.

"There is another pass that should have been intercepted, this kid is reckless!"

Really, it was a perfect arching pass to where only Kelce could catch it for a big first down. The Fader defender dove helplessly and was not even close.

Fouts is completely biased and was rooting hard for Mahomes and the Chiefs to lose. I almost hate him as much as Joe Buck.

Shoes 12-03-2018 11:06 AM

Just wanted to add my two cents.... Fouts is dogshit.

Mecca 12-03-2018 11:09 AM

Pretty sure he threw that out of bounds shit because of the Colts game earlier in the day.

That game ended on a really questionable keep the clock running call by a ref when a dude was tackled going out of bounds sideways.

htismaqe 12-03-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13932706)
Pretty sure he threw that out of bounds shit because of the Colts game earlier in the day.

That game ended on a really questionable keep the clock running call by a ref when a dude was tackled going out of bounds sideways.

Heck, ***I*** am easily confused going from one game to the next. It's easy to see how Fouts would have no concept of what is and isn't a penalty anymore.

SuperBowl4 12-03-2018 11:13 AM

Dan Doubts

redfan 12-03-2018 11:15 AM

Sheeeeeeet, I thought it was just me. Dude's got a mile-long hate boner for the Chiefs.

Naptown Chief 12-03-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13932711)
Heck, ***I*** am easily confused going from one game to the next. It's easy to see how Fouts would have no concept of what is and isn't a penalty anymore.

Yup. Fouts may be an asshole, an idiot, and a man I wish any exotic form of AIDS-death upon, but to his defense you never know what is or isn't a penalty anymore. Rules change weekly or sometimes hourly. Hell, false start is an infraction only applicable to 30 teams

LocoChiefsFan 12-03-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13930638)
Constantly talked down Mahomes. This play should have been picked! He got bailed out on this other play!

First FIVE ****ING PLAYS he insisted the Raiders weren't holding on a play that called back right after he was determined to point out that Ron Parker had hit someone head to head and it wasn't called.

What else did I miss?

He's an insufferable jackass and today was the final straw for me. He's officially an enemy of the state of Missouri after this garbage.

You missed the 29 should've been penalties. I ****ing hate that guy!!

Rain Man 12-03-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13932781)
Yup. Fouts may be an asshole, an idiot, and a man I wish any exotic form of AIDS-death upon, but to his defense you never know what is or isn't a penalty anymore. Rules change weekly or sometimes hourly. Hell, false start is an infraction only applicable to 30 teams

I kind of know what isn't a penalty just by hearing Dan Fouts say that it is a penalty.

Eleazar 12-03-2018 12:30 PM

I don't think he hates us, he's just dumb. Constantly 'sees' things incorrectly, always wrong when he says what penalty he thinks the refs are calling... just not good.

htismaqe 12-03-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13933000)
I don't think he hates us, he's just dumb. Constantly 'sees' things incorrectly, always wrong when he says what penalty he thinks the refs are calling... just not good.

For being an "all-time" great QB, he is football dumb for sure. Terrible.

Bwana 12-03-2018 12:36 PM

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy?

Deberg_1990 12-03-2018 12:38 PM

Fouts threw 242 INTs in his career. Highs of 24 a season in 79 and 1980

Reckless!!!

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...F/FoutDa00.htm

Halfcan 12-03-2018 12:39 PM

The only thing Fouts called right was the blatant late hit on Mahomes, plus he drove him to the ground with his full body weight- which has been called a penalty all year.

I guess the NFL think it is okay to hit Mahomes late all the time.

DTHOF 12-03-2018 12:48 PM

Fouts had me yelling at the TV all day but could also be partially due to the Chiefs not playing that well either.

There was another play where Harris fumbled the ball forward. Fouts said it should be a touch-back only problem is Harris was already out of bounds before he fumbled and it was fumbled outside the pylon anyway, not inside.

There was one play where they both got is wrong and it was the kick out of bounds that the Fade touched and ended up on the 40 yard line. I have seen that call several times and those guys said they have never seen the call. I don't know how announcers don't know the basic rules.

Chief Pagan 12-03-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13931797)
Ian Eagle is strong. Fouts is up and down. On his ups he is meh though.

Something about Ians voice irritates me when he gets excited. What he says is alright I suppose but he sounds like he would rather be the voice on truck commercials instead of calling football.

This is true even when I hear him calling games where I don't care about the teams.

Chief Pagan 12-03-2018 03:25 PM

On one of the PI flags, he said it should not have been a penalty because it was uncatchable. I've never seen a pass that close to the receiver ruled uncatchable.

gblowfish 12-03-2018 03:28 PM

Fouts looks down on KC because when he played, we were dogshit.

Imon Yourside 12-03-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13933028)
The only thing Fouts called right was the blatant late hit on Mahomes, plus he drove him to the ground with his full body weight- which has been called a penalty all year.

It's been happening all year and Mahomes hasn't gotten the call at all, also been hit going out of bounds quite a bit and nothing.

Imon Yourside 12-03-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13933365)
On one of the PI flags, he said it should not have been a penalty because it was uncatchable. I've never seen a pass that close to the receiver ruled uncatchable.

Right I saw the replay like 3 times and it was certainly catchable had the defender not grabbed him.

RealSNR 12-03-2018 04:33 PM

It’s a shame Fouts isn’t calling our last game with the Chargers. I was looking forward to listening to his wails of pain and suffering as we raped the stuffing out of his old team while he has to sit there and watch

Valiant 12-03-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13932474)

Yeah that was confusing to me. It is like he doesn't know anything about football. Same with the out of bounds kick that the Oakland returner did. He said he has never seen. Shit happens a couple times a year.

Fans should start complaining and gets his ass fired.

I still want to see Gannon or someone in the booth with a knowledgeable fan of each team to do commentary.

Valiant 12-03-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13933376)
It's been happening all year and Mahomes hasn't gotten the call at all, also been hit going out of bounds quite a bit and nothing.

I don't remember him getting it once. He needs to start getting star qb protection from the league and refs.

big nasty kcnut 12-03-2018 06:01 PM

Dan fouts think he something since he was in a movie once. I think he full of shit.

Hammock Parties 12-03-2018 06:13 PM

Going to go ahead and coin it.

Dan Pouts.

HemiEd 12-03-2018 06:16 PM

Duh He was a Chargers QB silly. He was the Chargers.

HemiEd 12-03-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13930653)
I mean he was a division rival QB at one point so...

^

T-post Tom 12-03-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13933028)

Small market team. The NFL leadership would prefer another old man-Brady-GOAT story to add to the Brady/Belichick anthology. :rolleyes:

HemiEd 12-03-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13933376)

Exactly and some say the Chiefs are going to start getting favorable calls due to him. So far it isn't happening.

greg63 12-03-2018 06:32 PM

Dan who?...

Red Dawg 12-03-2018 06:56 PM

Fouts is a damn idiot and the league is still hell bent on getting Brady back in the SB. Refs never ever call penalties fair when they are at home. Never!

notorious 12-03-2018 06:58 PM

Damn Fouts?

Hammock Parties 12-03-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13933984)
Damn Fouts?

Pam Fouts

Dan Gout

Chiefshrink 12-03-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13930652)
Pure jealousy. The entire league has it.

Yep. I even sense that Kurt Warner is jealous every time he is asked about Mahomes.

Chiefshrink 12-03-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13933370)
Fouts looks down on KC because when he played, we were dogshit.

I agree thoroughly on this point.

He has always had a condescending attitude towards the Chiefs since the beginning of his broadcast days.;)

KChiefs1 12-03-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13934001)
Yep. I even sense that Kurt Warner is jealous every time he is asked about Mahomes.

Agreed.

He has a hard time saying how great he is.

RealSNR 12-03-2018 10:02 PM

Dan Farts!!!

RealSNR 12-03-2018 10:04 PM

Check it out I’m Chris Berman!

“Let’s go to Dan I’ve been having nastyass Fouts of diarrhea!!”

007 12-03-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13933916)
Exactly and some say the Chiefs are going to start getting favorable calls due to him. So far it isn't happening.

Yep, so far I haven't seen any QB protection from the refs that Rodgers, Brady, Ben get.

jackkked 09-19-2019 02:29 PM

Still Sucks

CBS EARLY

Baltimore @ Kansas City
Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

NY Jets @ New England
Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

Atlanta @ Indianapolis
Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Cincinnati @ Buffalo
Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

Hammock Parties 09-19-2019 02:31 PM

ugh - we should have gotten the A-Team for this week

Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts suck ass

BryanBusby 09-19-2019 02:32 PM

**** Dan Fouts with a rusty spork

smithandrew051 09-19-2019 02:33 PM

****!!!
Fouts hates that Mahomes is already the best QB that the AFC West has ever seen.

Maybe second best to Manning as of right now. That will change though.

gblowfish 09-19-2019 02:34 PM

Fouts hates us because of Art Still, Gary Spani, Gary Green and Dino Hackett. That's why he hates us.

jettio 09-19-2019 02:35 PM

Ian Eagle is okay. He goes all Gus Johnson when the Chiefs make a big play, I think he does it with a little extra relish because he knows that Fouts hates the Chiefs.

gblowfish 09-19-2019 02:36 PM

Dan Fouts love for Phyllis Rivers > Joe Buck's Love of Madison Bumgarner.

eDave 09-19-2019 02:38 PM

I find it quite nice to listen to him. Then we win.

Chieftain 09-19-2019 02:39 PM

Another important question would be why does this prick cover Chiefs games in the first place? Only Kevin Harlan and Trent Green should cover our home/away games. Nobody else.

gblowfish 09-19-2019 02:43 PM

I'm OK with Romo, at least he's not an insufferable prick!

Raiderhater 09-19-2019 03:00 PM

Remember how bad Randy Cross used to be when calling a Chiefs’ game? I feel like Fouts has steadily taken it to another level over the course of his broadcasting career. It is just blatantly obvious the bias that exists there.

I kind of wonder if Lamar slept with Danny boy’s wife back in the day.

Amnorix 09-19-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackkked (Post 14460961)
CBS EARLY

Baltimore @ Kansas City
Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

NY Jets @ New England
Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

Atlanta @ Indianapolis
Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Cincinnati @ Buffalo
Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

Where's Romo? Can't believe there is a better game to cover than KC/Balt.

Fouts sucks. He pumps the Pats tires, but that doesn't make him less of an idiot.

Wish I could watch KC/Balt over Pats/Jets. That game will be a joke and they won't even be able to cut away early. :shake: :banghead:

Frazod 09-19-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14461005)
I'm OK with Romo, at least he's not an insufferable prick!

Romo's the best booth guy since Summerall.

Raiderhater 09-19-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14461111)
Where's Romo? Can't believe there is a better game to cover than KC/Balt.

Fouts sucks. He pumps the Pats tires, but that doesn't make him less of an idiot.

Wish I could watch KC/Balt over Pats/Jets. That game will be a joke and they won't even be able to cut away early. :shake: :banghead:

Allegedly, Nantz and Romo have the NFC matchup of NO and Seattle. I don’t know how that can be, but it is what I’ve heard.

Danguardace 09-19-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13930670)
Jealous of Mahomes' arm strength and mobility. Wishes he had those traits during his career.

And 13 inch dong

jettio 09-19-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 14461507)
Allegedly, Nantz and Romo have the NFC matchup of NO and Seattle. I don’t know how that can be, but it is what I’ve heard.

They are not as strict on CBS AFC and Fox NFC as they used to be.

I think it is to makeup for Thursday Night Football, SNF or MNF taking away matchups.

Rasputin 09-19-2019 05:34 PM

We need to sign a petition to get rid of Dan or better yet have a fly over with a banner the reads ~ FIRE DAN FOUTS

displacedinMN 09-19-2019 05:36 PM

he is jealous

he sounds like a girl

he is a dick

all of the above

jettio 09-19-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14461580)
We need to sign a petition to get rid of Dan or better yet have a fly over with a banner the reads ~ FIRE DAN FOUTS

You could turn on the radio. I had the radio on and TV low during the Jax game, and it seemed like the radio synced up in the middle of the first quarter as if KCFX adjusted it to match. Radio was ahead of tv at first.

I don't think anybody should waste political capital and dollars on Dan Fouts.

At least he is not as much of a phony as some of the color commentators.

MTG#10 09-19-2019 05:42 PM

I hope he dies in a fire before Sunday. Car, house, forest, I don't really care.

MTG#10 09-19-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 14461589)
You could turn on the radio. I had the radio on and TV low during the Jax game, and it seemed like the radio synced up in the middle of the first quarter as if KCFX adjusted it to match. Radio was ahead of tv at first.

I don't think anybody should waste political capital and dollars on Dan Fouts.

At least he is not as much of a phony as some of the color commentators.

I've tried this, doesn't work down here. There's a good 10 second delay.

Chiefshrink 09-19-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13930653)
I mean he was a division rival QB at one point so...

This is my take as well and probably more so the Chiefs during his playing time were horrible and never respected. DF does not respect the organization IMHO.

Chiefshrink 09-19-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14461160)
Romo's the best booth guy since Summerall.

Romo is damn good and you are correct. He analyzes as if he is playing QB and what he sees. I love it !!

Rasputin 09-19-2019 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 14461597)
I've tried this, doesn't work down here. There's a good 10 second delay.

That's my problem I want to listen to the radio but it's just off and I can't stand that.

FloridaMan88 09-19-2019 05:49 PM

Because he played for a division rival.

That hate still runs deep even though he hasn’t played in 175 years.

Chiefshrink 09-19-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14461612)
Because he played for a division rival.

That hate still runs deep even though he hasn’t played in 175 years.

That's back when players actually loved the game.;)

Rasputin 09-19-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14461609)
Romo is damn good and you are correct. He analyzes as if he is playing QB and what he sees. I love it !!

Its kinda cool when he circles a guy that's going get the pass for a TD before the play developes and gives explanations.

smithandrew051 09-19-2019 05:57 PM

Romo is annoying if your team doesn’t have a great QB. When you have Mahomes though, he’s awesome.

Chiefshrink 09-19-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14461618)
Its kinda cool when he circles a guy that's going get the pass for a TD before the play developes and gives explanations.

Yep !! :thumb:

Chiefshrink 09-19-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14461631)
When you have Mahomes though, he’s awesome.

He definitely loves Mahomes !!:thumb: