ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Future Nicholls Bowl Champs Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317126)

TambaBerry 09-01-2018 09:17 PM

Meachum has to be better then beaty, he learned from TCU make him the interim

George Liquor 09-01-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 13704576)
His offense in the first quarter already has more yards than his entire career as Chief's coach.

Run run pass punt

BryanBusby 09-01-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 13704583)
No question. Nobody thinks this ship can be turned around. It's clearly already hit a rock and is basically sunk. You still fire the guy.

Yeah and Jeff Long will. Just isn't going to happen tomorrow, although I certainly wouldn't blame him if the move was made.

No trolling thing here: I think as a fan, I'd write this whole ****ing year off and just let the dude do whatever. I'd rather my AD just start searching for the next guy and putting a plan into place, instead of worrying over a feel good moment in an absolute winless year. With how shitty the entire program is, the plan isn't going to be quick and has to be a top to bottom entire picture scope.

I would want a total clean break on the staff from top to bottom 100% completely and the last thing I'd want is some rando token guy accidentally winning a game and fan support growing for the guy that accidentally won. Flush the entire ****ing thing, no hope.

Spott 09-01-2018 09:19 PM

I’m guessing this is why nobody started an official KU football thread.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-01-2018 09:20 PM

Can you name a coach that is more of a lame duck or dead man walking than David Beaty in any sport?

Why even show up to the office tomorrow...?

ping2000 09-01-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 13704595)
Can you name a coach that is more of a lame duck or dead man walking than David Beaty in any sport?

Why even show up to the office tomorrow...?

Other universities in the Big 12 must be paying KU to keep him around.

Pants 09-01-2018 09:24 PM

I didn't think it was possible for ANY TEAM to have a worse coach than Turner Gill.

ROYC75 09-01-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 13704562)
Ummm... a shred of dignity?

Look, it's obviously possible to win anywhere, even Kansas. Mangino proved it. He got Reesing and KU became a legitimate program.

Shit, I always bring up the example of Bill Snyder. He literally built one of the worst teams in all of sports' history into a respectable program. All by himself. Am I asking for a legend like him? No. But I think another Mangino is definitely possible.

We can only hope the AD ears to hear our cry's and eyes to see the reality of the product !!!!!!:(

Pants 09-01-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13704604)
We can only hope the AD ears to hear our cry's and eyes to see the reality of the product !!!!!!:(

To be fair, I think he knew exactly for what he was signing up. :(

George Liquor 09-01-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 13704602)
I didn't think it was possible for ANY TEAM to have a worse coach than Turner Gill.

This is the second time in a row we have done that. Charlie Weis ring a bell?

Pants 09-01-2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 13704608)
This is the second time in a row we have done that. Charlie Weis ring a bell?

Charlie Weis is a horrible coach, who came to KU to steal money.

He's not as bad as Gill or Beaty at the carft, though.

BryanBusby 09-01-2018 09:37 PM

The important thing is the dude is done as ****ing done could be no later than around Thanksgiving and enjoy the comedy bad because next year they'll probably just be boring bad.

I'd probably give all the money and free booze it would take to lure in Kevin Sumlin for awhile.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-01-2018 09:41 PM

I wonder if it actually have to pay to go to a game?

Buehler445 09-01-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13703300)
How do you have a coach that's 3-33 returning for a fourth season?

Tired of paying Radio and Wiess

Strongside 09-01-2018 10:09 PM

#ThisIsRockBottom

ping2000 09-01-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13704638)
#ThisIsRockBottom

At least you weren't the dumbass that gave them fifty million dollars and had your name put on the stadium.

gblowfish 09-02-2018 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I watched the whole game last night. KU Football is one of my favorite programs to watch. I try to never miss an episode. I thought it was hilarious that Beatty "iced" the kicker, only to give him a second shot at it after missing the first time. Classic KU. Can't wait for the next episode!

Prison Bitch 09-02-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13704856)
I watched the whole game last night. KU Football is one of my favorite programs to watch. I try to never miss an episode. I thought it was hilarious that Beatty "iced" the kicker, only to give him a second shot at it after missing the first time. Classic KU. Can't wait for the next episode!

He also burned a TO, so they only had one left with 50 seconds left

Master Beatty!

KChiefs1 09-02-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Comedy Gold.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-02-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 13704583)
No question. Nobody thinks this ship can be turned around. It's clearly already hit a rock and is basically sunk. You still fire the guy.

Of course it can be turned around.

The fatman turned around a situation almost as bleak as this within two years. Hell, if I were Long, I'd give him a call. Unless you've got an obviously better option lined up (which he doesn't).

Titty Meat 09-02-2018 03:01 PM

Harbaugh should be the #1 target
Dave Doren would be the more realistic great hire

Best22 09-02-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13705346)
Harbaugh should be the #1 target
Dave Doren would be the more realistic great hire

Harbaugh isn't going to KU

There are tons of mid majors he'd rather coach at

Reerun_KC 09-02-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13705352)

Getting anyone reputable is gonna be tough sledding. But if you do. Has to be someone that knows how to rape the JC schools and give some sort of a foundation to build upon.

ping2000 09-02-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13705380)
Getting anyone reputable is gonna be tough sledding. But if you do. Has to be someone that knows how to rape the JC schools and give some sort of a foundation to build upon.

Beaty was supposed to be able to recruit out of Texas. I haven't seen anything he is good at, except being hopelessly optimistic in the face of brutal suckage. He needs to man up and resign. He is in over his head.

Monkey God 09-02-2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Sounds like something the Chiefs would do....oh wait they did.

Titty Meat 09-02-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13705352)

He almost went there in 2009.

kccrow 09-03-2018 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13704515)

hahahahahahaha

kccrow 09-03-2018 12:14 AM

Have to agree with Busby here, let this steaming pile of shit reach its zenith of stench. Cut bait after the season and try to get a halfway decent coach in. I say halfway decent, because that program isn't luring top-tier anything any time soon.

Prison Bitch 09-03-2018 09:28 AM

I remember people spent first 2 years saying Master Beatty needed time to "clean up Weis' mess". I reminded them Fat Man went to a bowl game years 2&4. Then they'd tapout

Haven't seen those folks much lately. Beaty is year 4, and they made zero progress. That's hard to do

KCFalcon59 09-03-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13706077)
I remember people spent first 2 years saying Master Beatty needed time to "clean up Weis' mess". I reminded them Fat Man went to a bowl game years 2&4. Then they'd tapout

Haven't seen those folks much lately. Beaty is year 4, and they made zero progress. That's hard to do

Don't sell Beatty short, it took a lot of effort to make no progress from his 1st season.

Titty Meat 09-03-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

I think this year hes finally had full scholarships so yeeea

KChiefs1 09-03-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 13705881)
Have to agree with Busby here, let this steaming pile of shit reach its zenith of stench. Cut bait after the season and try to get a halfway decent coach in. I say halfway decent, because that program isn't luring top-tier anything any time soon.

I’d get a good coach out of the MIAA.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-03-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13706142)
I’d get a good coach out of the MIAA.

I volunteer the coaches from NWMSU or Ft. Hayes St. *grin*

Eleazar 09-03-2018 09:48 PM

The Monday After: There are plenty of options but no easy answers for Kansas football

Tom Fornelli
@TomFornelli

David Beaty is probably going to get fired.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. When you look at the situation the Kansas coach finds himself in, it seems like an outcome that will be nearly impossible to avoid. Kansas lost to FCS Nicholls State on Saturday in its season opener, dropping Beaty's record at Kansas to 3-34. Now in his fourth season with the Jayhawks, Beaty has lost more games to FCS opponents (two) than he's won against FBS opponents (one, Texas in 2016). He's gone 1-32 against FBS teams and is 1-26 against the Big 12.

He also finds himself with a new boss. Kansas hired Jeff Long to be its athletic director in July, replacing Sheahon Zenger. Long came to Kansas after serving as athletic director at Arkansas for 10 years and had been at Pittsburgh for five years prior. He also served as the first chairman of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. Now, he's tasked with maintaining Kansas' basketball tradition and solving its football tradition. There generally aren't many athletic directors who inherit a football coach with Beaty's record at a school and decide, "I'm going to keep him around."

For better or worse, the fate of an athletic director is usually tied to that of their football coach. Even at basketball schools.

So, yeah, Beaty is probably going to get fired.

That doesn't mean he should be, however, and this is the dilemma currently facing Long. There is no easy answer to the question, "How do you fix Kansas football?"

While Beaty's record at Kansas is awful, and the Jayhawks have become a running joke nationally, the general public isn't aware of the situation Beaty inherited in Lawrence, Kansas. As The Athletic's Max Olson did a terrific job of cataloging over the summer, Beaty inherited a roster in worse shape than most teams deal with after suffering NCAA sanctions.

Remember when the NCAA hit USC with sanctions after the Reggie Bush case? The biggest punishment was limiting the Trojans to 75 scholarship players on the roster. When the NCAA initially punished Penn State in the wake of Jerry Sandusky (penalties that were later reduced), it limited Penn State to 65 scholarship players.

David Beaty's first Kansas team had 38 scholarship players in 2015. Thirty. Eight.

While it's not clear how many the Jayhawks have on their roster in 2018, Beaty's fourth year with the program, he was hoping to have 70 scholarship players by now, many of whom began as walk-ons and earned scholarships.

Since you're only allowed to bring in 25 scholarship players per recruiting class and there's always attrition, it could be at least another three years before Kansas has 85 scholarship players.

So, if Kansas continues its struggles for the rest of 2018 while dealing with an undermanned roster, Long has to consider quite a few different factors. Would it truly be fair to Beaty to fire him for the results given the massive rebuilding project he inherited from Charlie Weis' disastrous tenure? And more importantly, while it's easy to fire Beaty, who exactly would Long bring in to replace him?

There's a reason Beaty is in Lawrence in the first place.

After Kansas fired Mark Mangino, it hired Turner Gill, who lasted two seasons before getting replaced by Weis, who is mostly responsible for the scholarship situation Beaty is trying to solve. His short-sighted approach of heavily recruiting junior college players put Kansas in this roster crunch.

When Kansas fired Weis, it ended up with Beaty, who wasn't some hotshot coordinator at the time but the wide receivers coach at Texas A&M. He was known more for his recruiting than his coaching acumen. The reason Kansas hired him was that it hoped his recruiting would help solve the problem, but it was also partially due to the fact Beaty was willing to take the job.

If Kansas fires Beaty, who is going to want the job? Who will want to take over not only the worst Power Five program in the country but one in need of a massive rebuild located in an area of the country without a fertile recruiting base?

That's another question Long needs to have an answer for before he decides to fire Beaty.

And when it comes to Kansas football, there are no easy answers.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nsas-football/

Strongside 09-03-2018 09:59 PM

Anyone questioning whether or not Beaty should be fired at this point loses all credibility in my mind.

So when I got to "That doesn't mean he should be" in this article, I didn't need to read the rest. I knew all I needed to know about this writer.

Eleazar 09-03-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13707325)
Anyone questioning whether or not Beaty should be fired at this point loses all credibility in my mind.

So when I got to "That doesn't mean he should be" in this article, I didn't need to read the rest. I knew all I needed to know about this writer.

His point was that Beaty is playing with less than half the number of scholarship players that even a team under NCAA sanctions would have, so what can you really expect. KU has been reduced to fielding a team of walk-ons.

Buehler445 09-03-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Right. It’s tough to imagine you can’t do something g right by accident

RockChalk 09-04-2018 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 13705321)
Of course it can be turned around.

The fatman turned around a situation almost as bleak as this within two years. Hell, if I were Long, I'd give him a call. Unless you've got an obviously better option lined up (which he doesn't).

The teams coached by Ned Flanders were nowhere even close to as inept as what Beatty has produced in his 4 years here.

BWillie 09-04-2018 01:06 PM

Hire Todd Reesing as HC. I don't care if he works at Waffle House right now.

mikeyis4dcats. 09-04-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13705755)
He almost went there in 2009.

sure he did....

lawrenceRaider 09-04-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Not only has there been no progress, I would say there has actually been regression.

DJ's left nut 09-04-2018 02:34 PM

Okay, so full disclosure - I came into this thread to just laaaaaaugh and laaaugh and laugh.

But g'damn - the state that Weis left that program in is tragic. It would truly be laughing at a disabled kid at that point. There's pretty much no way imaginable for Beaty to have built that team into anything in less than 5 years.

The scholarship issue is enormous and I had no idea just how bare bones that roster was. Frankly, they're probably still 3-4 years away from even having a full scholarship roster. It's just damn near impossible to build back up to 85 scholarships when you're getting your ass kicked with walk-ons and hoping to keep 20 of your 25 'new' scholarships every season.

Beatty has that number closer to respectable now but still pretty lousy.

I think all high level coaches in any sport don't need a reason to be fired - they need a reason to be retained. And in fairness, it's hard to find reasons that Beatty should be retained at this point. The best you can say is that it's damn near impossible for him to have succeeded....but it's undeniable that he really didn't succeed.

He should probably be fired but holy shit - he never really had a prayer.

Titty Meat 09-04-2018 02:54 PM

Gonna be funny when they hire Bielema

lawrenceRaider 09-04-2018 03:32 PM

Terry F'n Allen had a better program that we have now.

RaidersOftheCellar 09-04-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 13707522)
The teams coached by Ned Flanders were nowhere even close to as inept as what Beatty has produced in his 4 years here.

Nowhere close? They lost by 50 to every decent team they played. He was better at beating scrubs though.

Prison Bitch 09-04-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13708418)
Okay, so full disclosure - I came into this thread to just laaaaaaugh and laaaugh and laugh.

But g'damn - the state that Weis left that program in is tragic. It would truly be laughing at a disabled kid at that point. There's pretty much no way imaginable for Beaty to have built that team into anything in less than 5 years.

The scholarship issue is enormous and I had no idea just how bare bones that roster was. Frankly, they're probably still 3-4 years away from even having a full scholarship roster. It's just damn near impossible to build back up to 85 scholarships when you're getting your ass kicked with walk-ons and hoping to keep 20 of your 25 'new' scholarships every season.

Beatty has that number closer to respectable now but still pretty lousy.

I think all high level coaches in any sport don't need a reason to be fired - they need a reason to be retained. And in fairness, it's hard to find reasons that Beatty should be retained at this point. The best you can say is that it's damn near impossible for him to have succeeded....but it's undeniable that he really didn't succeed.

He should probably be fired but holy shit - he never really had a prayer.

Don't buy the bullshit you read. It's all bullshit. Nobody wants to pick on a loser. But life has losers too.

1. Master Beatty gave only 11 schillies to HS last year and only 7 this year. That's a joke and is a copy of Chunky Chollie.

2. Fat Man won the Orange Bowl year 6. Of his 24 starters, only 1 was a juco (a no-name OL Hartley)

Prison Bitch 09-04-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13707289)
The Monday After: There are plenty of options but no easy answers for Kansas football

Tom Fornelli
@TomFornelli

David Beaty is probably going to get fired.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. When you look at the situation the Kansas coach finds himself in, it seems like an outcome that will be nearly impossible to avoid. Kansas lost to FCS Nicholls State on Saturday in its season opener, dropping Beaty's record at Kansas to 3-34. Now in his fourth season with the Jayhawks, Beaty has lost more games to FCS opponents (two) than he's won against FBS opponents (one, Texas in 2016). He's gone 1-32 against FBS teams and is 1-26 against the Big 12.

He also finds himself with a new boss. Kansas hired Jeff Long to be its athletic director in July, replacing Sheahon Zenger. Long came to Kansas after serving as athletic director at Arkansas for 10 years and had been at Pittsburgh for five years prior. He also served as the first chairman of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. Now, he's tasked with maintaining Kansas' basketball tradition and solving its football tradition. There generally aren't many athletic directors who inherit a football coach with Beaty's record at a school and decide, "I'm going to keep him around."

For better or worse, the fate of an athletic director is usually tied to that of their football coach. Even at basketball schools.

So, yeah, Beaty is probably going to get fired.

That doesn't mean he should be, however, and this is the dilemma currently facing Long. There is no easy answer to the question, "How do you fix Kansas football?"

While Beaty's record at Kansas is awful, and the Jayhawks have become a running joke nationally, the general public isn't aware of the situation Beaty inherited in Lawrence, Kansas. As The Athletic's Max Olson did a terrific job of cataloging over the summer, Beaty inherited a roster in worse shape than most teams deal with after suffering NCAA sanctions.

Remember when the NCAA hit USC with sanctions after the Reggie Bush case? The biggest punishment was limiting the Trojans to 75 scholarship players on the roster. When the NCAA initially punished Penn State in the wake of Jerry Sandusky (penalties that were later reduced), it limited Penn State to 65 scholarship players.

David Beaty's first Kansas team had 38 scholarship players in 2015. Thirty. Eight.

While it's not clear how many the Jayhawks have on their roster in 2018, Beaty's fourth year with the program, he was hoping to have 70 scholarship players by now, many of whom began as walk-ons and earned scholarships.

Since you're only allowed to bring in 25 scholarship players per recruiting class and there's always attrition, it could be at least another three years before Kansas has 85 scholarship players.

So, if Kansas continues its struggles for the rest of 2018 while dealing with an undermanned roster, Long has to consider quite a few different factors. Would it truly be fair to Beaty to fire him for the results given the massive rebuilding project he inherited from Charlie Weis' disastrous tenure? And more importantly, while it's easy to fire Beaty, who exactly would Long bring in to replace him?

There's a reason Beaty is in Lawrence in the first place.

After Kansas fired Mark Mangino, it hired Turner Gill, who lasted two seasons before getting replaced by Weis, who is mostly responsible for the scholarship situation Beaty is trying to solve. His short-sighted approach of heavily recruiting junior college players put Kansas in this roster crunch.

When Kansas fired Weis, it ended up with Beaty, who wasn't some hotshot coordinator at the time but the wide receivers coach at Texas A&M. He was known more for his recruiting than his coaching acumen. The reason Kansas hired him was that it hoped his recruiting would help solve the problem, but it was also partially due to the fact Beaty was willing to take the job.

If Kansas fires Beaty, who is going to want the job? Who will want to take over not only the worst Power Five program in the country but one in need of a massive rebuild located in an area of the country without a fertile recruiting base?

That's another question Long needs to have an answer for before he decides to fire Beaty.

And when it comes to Kansas football, there are no easy answers.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nsas-football/

That's not remotely close to what Rustin Dodd reported 7/9/15:

The KU football program enters the fall with just 64 players on scholarship — 21 scholarships under the maximum of 85 allowed by NCAA rules. The Jayhawks will likely add a few scholarship transfers before the beginning of the season, but here is a look at how Kansas got to this point — including some major attrition in the 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes.

Sassy Squatch 09-04-2018 04:43 PM

If you're at the point you can't even beat the cupcakes you pay money to beat up on, it's time to move on.

BWillie 09-06-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13708657)
Don't buy the bullshit you read. It's all bullshit. Nobody wants to pick on a loser. But life has losers too.

1. Master Beatty gave only 11 schillies to HS last year and only 7 this year. That's a joke and is a copy of Chunky Chollie.

2. Fat Man won the Orange Bowl year 6. Of his 24 starters, only 1 was a juco (a no-name OL Hartley)

Yeah, he thought he would have a better chance to save his job. He equated more juco guys to a couple more wins thinking maybe he could win 3 or 4 and make it appear to the administration he was "on to something".

SithCeNtZ 09-08-2018 02:13 PM

I can’t believe I am saying this but, we are legitimately the better team here and should win this game easily. CMU is awful.

BWillie 09-08-2018 02:16 PM

Pooka Williams (4 star true freshman - RB) sighting.

SithCeNtZ 09-08-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13715221)
Pooka Williams (4 star true freshman - RB) sighting.

He has already shown he’s the best RB we have if you ignore pass protection.

But a classic Beaty end to the half. We score our first TD, then he promptly pulls Bender, not after he made several horrendous throws earlier, but after a pretty nice pass for the TD. Then on fourth down at CMU 40 with 10 seconds left he punts!?!? I guarantee you the odds are that us throwing a Hail Mary running out the clock has less of a chance to allow them to score than them blocking the punt. Nearly blocked and the kicker may be injured. Just a baffling display of coaching as always.

Bowser 09-08-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ (Post 13715233)
He has already shown he’s the best RB we have if you ignore pass protection.

But a classic Beaty end to the half. We score our first TD, then he promptly pulls Bender, not after he made several horrendous throws earlier, but after a pretty nice pass for the TD. Then on fourth down at CMU 40 with 10 seconds left he punts!?!? I guarantee you the odds are that us throwing a Hail Mary running out the clock has less of a chance to allow them to score than them blocking the punt. Nearly blocked and the kicker may be injured. Just a baffling display of coaching as always.

Oof

SithCeNtZ 09-08-2018 02:58 PM

Pooka with a great TD run. He’s unquestionably our best offensive player. Looks like someone we can build around.

BWillie 09-08-2018 03:21 PM

Central Michigan Bowl Champs baby!

SithCeNtZ 09-08-2018 03:23 PM

Pooka runs for back to back TDs then Beaty completely ignores him on the next drive. Shades of Andy Reid and Hill vs the titans.

carcosa 09-08-2018 04:16 PM

TO DA SHIP!!!!!

George Liquor 09-08-2018 04:21 PM

HOLY SHIT WE DID IT

DrunkBassGuitar 09-08-2018 04:27 PM

4-34 baby!!!

TLO 09-08-2018 04:35 PM

Yay Kansas football!

Al Czervik 09-08-2018 04:39 PM

Glad they won today and broke the streak....
Beaty is still the shittiest coach in the college ranks.
****ing idiot.....

Strongside 09-08-2018 04:50 PM

That was nuts lol.

ping2000 09-08-2018 04:50 PM

Are there any other Central Michigan's out there? They need to be on suicide watch. It can't feel good to lose to Kansas.

KChiefs1 09-08-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13715391)
Yay Kansas football!

Give him an extension.

ROYC75 09-08-2018 05:06 PM

Oh My, Now Just WTF Was This ? :eek: :doh!:

BryanBusby 09-08-2018 05:21 PM

Time to give him an extension. Momentum!

ROYC75 09-08-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13715469)
Time to give him an extension. Momentum!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13715425)
Give him an extension.

Now come on, excitement is one thing but's not get carried away!

Extension? :rolleyes:

ping2000 09-08-2018 06:26 PM

We'll probably fire Beaty and hire the coach from Central Michigan. It's our way.

Eleazar 09-08-2018 07:10 PM

They had lost 46 straight games on the road? LMAO

Buehler445 09-08-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 13715568)
We'll probably fire Beaty and hire the coach from Central Michigan. It's our way.

ROFL

If this comes to pass.....

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-27-2018 05:59 PM

3-5 seems strangely positive for how bad this team is. i'll take it. TCU isn't good but meh. Beaty doubled his win total for his 4 year career with 3 wins this season.

ROYC75 10-27-2018 07:19 PM

I didn't see the football thread today so there are a few post in the basketball thread.

Just think, we win the first game of the year as we should have, 4-4.:)

Welp, so much for that! All things come to an end, tough part of the schedule is coming!

TambaBerry 10-27-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 13847457)
I didn't see the football thread today so there are a few post in the basketball thread.

Just think, we win the first game of the year as we should have, 4-4.:)

Welp, so much for that! All things come to an end, tough part of the schedule is coming!

Tough part? Iowa State and KSU are very winnable games,. Texas and Oklahoma will be blowouts. Now I feel like Iowa State will kill us but whatever

carcosa 10-27-2018 07:29 PM

Pooka Williams is legit!!!

Buehler445 10-27-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13847475)
Tough part? Iowa State and KSU are very winnable games,. Texas and Oklahoma will be blowouts. Now I feel like Iowa State will kill us but whatever

UT is getting fisted by Okie Light who is not good.

suzzer99 10-27-2018 10:21 PM

Beloved defunct KC icon Nichols Diner has a bowl game now? I guess it's really true that everyone has a bowl.

Imon Yourside 10-28-2018 10:30 AM

Beaty keeping his job? man I hope not

KC_Connection 10-28-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13848199)
Beaty keeping his job? man I hope not

The problem with wins like these. No hope for real progress ever.

Lzen 11-02-2018 12:38 PM

I didn't watch the game but from what I've read, KU deserved to lose. Sounds like they just got lucky. I don't see us winning another game this year. I'll be shocked if they do. No, not even KSU. Bill Snyder still owns us. :shake:

Titty Meat 11-02-2018 01:09 PM

His 18' class was pretty good if there was another class coming in like that combined with a few wins this year you could argue progress has been. I can't even find them in the top 100 school rankings on Rivals. I don't think they are losing out if they fire Beaty after only winning 3 games in a must win year.