ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Fire Bob Sutton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310950)

booger 10-20-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13166933)
He was actually offered the job before Sutton was. He was on Speak for Yourself and he said he was a fool to turn down Andy Reid

Really? When was this? I've never heard that

penbrook 10-20-2017 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13166944)
Really? When was this? I've never heard that

On Speak for Yourself. Idk of this was in Philly or KC. They were talked nf about what flaws the Steelers exposed on KC

booger 10-20-2017 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13166943)
He literally admitted that he turned down being Reid’s DC on speak for
Yourself. Whether that was in Philly or KC idk

Thanks, didn't know that. Attitude is the best thing Rob could bring outside of knowing the playbook better than anyone except his brother. Doesn't happen unless the players have tuned Sutton out IMO

penbrook 10-20-2017 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13166952)
Thanks, didn't know that. Attitude is the best thing Rob could bring outside of knowing the playbook better than anyone except his brother. Doesn't happen unless the players have tuned Sutton out IMO

Looks like Peters tunes him out a couple weeks ago

booger 10-20-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13166948)
On Speak for Yourself. Idk of this was in Philly or KC. They were talked nf about what flaws the Steelers exposed on KC

would have had to have been KC. He wasn't fired from Dallas until after the 2012 season

booger 10-20-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13166953)

yeah I agree.

penbrook 10-20-2017 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13166955)
would have had to have been KC. He wasn't fired from Dallas until after the 2012 season

Damn who knows how this defense would be with Rob Tyan as DC

booger 10-20-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13166958)
Damn who knows how this defense would be with Rob Tyan as DC

Early on when Reid was first hired I would say not a good fit. He's loud and obnoxious and likes talking to the Media which Reid doesn't like with his coaches unless it is scheduled durning the week when he has to make them available for one interview for the coordinators. He's not his brother that's for sure. But this is a unique situation in that the timing in the next month they have time if they make the move to settle things and let the assistants coach and Rob take over the play calls. Being that there is a couple guys out there that know this exact scheme so well is the only way this is even possible but I just don't know what Reid will do.

Easy 6 10-20-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13166938)
The lack of adjustments and coming into games against teams like Pittsburgh and not being prepared to counter and ditch the game plan when it's obvious early on they have your number...again...is just about the final straw with me if I am Reid. And if I'm Andy at the very least I hire Rob Ryan or Pettine as an advisor if for no other reason to send a strong message to Sutton that his ass is on the line. Don't like it, resign. I don't care if they sit in the press box on game day and just attend meetings and offer a fresh set of eyes and input on game plans with very little actual power or influence... I'd pay them for the rest of the season just to sit on their ass and be in Sutton's presence just to make a ****ing point that the offense and special teams are playing very well and the D needs to step the **** up. **** it, I've had it with the bullshit

Rob Ryan?

I'll just pretend you never said it, I prefer to remember you as you were :D

CupidStunt 10-20-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13166919)
Im down with ****ing with the 4-3.

This 34 defense eats cock. we have two capable 43 tackles in jones and bailey. And two 43 ends in houston and ford. SEND THOSE MOTHER****ERS AT THE QUARTERBACK EVERY GOD DAMN PLAY!

Bailey would be terrible inside in a 43. But it might not be a bad idea. Houston really looks slow standing up. Jones should be a beast 3tech. If things keep going like this, it's one of those things where you almost have to look at how you can blow it up without getting like 7 new starters.

penbrook 10-20-2017 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 13166971)
Bailey would be terrible inside in a 43. But it might not be a bad idea. Houston really looks slow standing up. Jones should be a beast 3tech. If things keep going like this, it's one of those things where you almost have to look at how you can blow it up without getting like 7 new starters.

You could put Roaches inside as well

gold_and_red 10-20-2017 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13166953)

Sure looks like it. That DPI was as egregious as one I have ever seen, he almost clotheslined the WR while he could have turned and attempted a play on a not so difficult ball. Would he try that with Belichick coaching him?

booger 10-20-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13166970)
Rob Ryan?

He's overated. He's obnoxious and a douche. Marcus Peters would love his ass I know that! But if I am Reid and I know i'm probably going to shit can sutton after the season unless he drastically adjusts, I'd do it and hire him as a consultant just to put the heat on Sutton. Pettine would be a better fit with Reid and Gibbs would be the most logical choice if he makes a move. But Rob would be interesting for sure

booger 10-20-2017 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13166970)
Rob Ryan?

I'm that frustrated. I don't think firing a coordinator is the way to go during the season especially with a team sitting here at 5-2. I don't panic like this and am normally a voice of reason. But if I try to put myself in Reids shoes I'd be at my wits end.

Easy 6 10-20-2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13166985)
I'm that frustrated. I don't think firing a coordinator is the way to go during the season especially with a team sitting here at 5-2. I don't panic like this and am normally a voice of reason. But if I try to put myself in Reids shoes I'd be at my wits end.

If he can put some discipline and swag back into this unit, count me IN

BlackOp 10-20-2017 01:06 AM

Something was up tonight...Raiders had a 2nd and 20 and Sutton sat back and watched Carr complete a 40 yard pass? if there was ever a moment...on a final drive to blitz, that was it.

Everything about this game smells....

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13167003)
Something was up tonight...Raiders had a 2nd and 20 and Sutton sat back and watched Carr complete a 40 yard pass? if there was ever a moment...on a final drive to blitz, that was it.

What are you trying to say?

gold_and_red 10-20-2017 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13167003)

That call was just plain incompetence!

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:11 AM

Why is Houston continually in coverage! Sutton...

booger 10-20-2017 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13166993)
If he can put some discipline and swag back into this unit, count me IN

It's the unknowns that we have to wait on. I got to imagine Reid is just fuming over this. He wouldn't admit it publically of course. That's not him to call out players or coaches. But Sutton needs his ass chewed and to realize that they aren't going to be able to find a starting CB to replace Mitchell through trade or whatever. They can't expect Murray to just become Berry and play TE's so well man to man. Same with Sorenson. Bailey and Jones could use a breather a few more snaps a game with Nacho and Jenkins rotating. Passongo needs some ****ing snaps. He's raw yes. But he isn't going to get better with maybe 5 snaps on D so far this year while being active every one of them. The plan with him was most likely having him as the emergency OLB until Tamba or Dadi come back. In the mean time why not get him some reps as an inside rusher or wide 9 rush end in situations where he wouldn't have coverage responsibility? The best time to do that is if they are up 2 scores but they haven't had that much so I can see not trusting him yet. Gaines needs benched/cut but until Nelson is healthy Bob has to adjust. I would say Pettine would be someone who would work best with Bob in a senior defensive assistant role and he did hangout and watch some practices like I mentioned. Either way Sutton needs some help cause he's obviously not adjusting.

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:17 AM

On the bright side we will probably have Hali, Nelson, Morse and LDT back vs Donks 11 days from now. That means no more Gaines and maybe Hali has something left and for the o line that means no more Erving. Our run game should be back to where it was.

BlackOp 10-20-2017 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167004)
What are you trying to say?

I'm saying Carr is terrible under pressure and Sutton knows this. He is good when passing from a clean pocket. KC's DBs are struggling...so why rush 3 and give him all day? It was as if KC was in prevent the entire game...

It was a completely backwards-ass way to call a game against this particular QB...hence giving up almost 500 yards. KC had throttled him in the past...

Reid is a company man, a NFL "lifer"...and Sutton has been around. Let's just say they know how things really work.

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13167015)
I'm saying Carr is terrible under pressure and Sutton knows this. He is good when passing from a clean pocket. KC's DBs are struggling...so why rush 3 and give him all day? It was as if KC was in prevent the entire game...

It was a completely backwards-ass way to call a game against this particular QB.

Reid is a company man, a NFL "lifer"...and Sutton has been around. Let's just say they know how things really work.

If Sutton were to be fired who would you want to be the DC? Honestly I would try Gibbs or Al Harris

booger 10-20-2017 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167008)
Why is Houston continually in coverage! Sutton...

the Sam in this scheme has coverage responsibilities depending on the call and offensive formation. The other OLB, the Rush, does as well. Especially when everyone else is in man coverage. You don't just let the back or TE run free. It's worse without a dominant CB accross from Peters and without Berry. Also with DJ on his last legs. He needs to play more zone. He doesn't have the players to run his D as aggressive as he wants with the amount of injuries, inexperience, flaws in the safties, etc.

BlackOp 10-20-2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167019)
If Sutton were to be fired who would you want to be the DC? Honestly I would try Gibbs or Al Harris

I dont want him to be fired...I dont want him throwing games to keep his job either.

My take is Reid has been "green lighted"...so they are helping keep parity. Be nice to your masters for table scraps later...

booger 10-20-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167014)
On the bright side we will probably have Hali, Nelson, Morse and LDT back vs Donks 11 days from now. That means no more Gaines and maybe Hali has something left and for the o line that means no more Erving. Our run game should be back to where it was.

all things i'm looking forward to. DJ's decline is a big problem. Ragland is little by little getting comfortable. KPL is as well and hopefully can make some plays in the pass game. Eligwe probably needs to be playing sooner than later as he is the future will on this D. I don;t think they bench DJ but they are going to have to rotate him a bunch to try and keep him fresh because he's hurting this D

booger 10-20-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167019)

way too big of jump for Harris at this time. 3-4 years down the road is a more likely goal once Thomas retires and Harris has been the main DB coach a few years

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13167026)
all things i'm looking forward to. DJ's decline is a big problem. Ragland is little by little getting comfortable. KPL is as well and hopefully can make some plays in the pass game. Eligwe probably needs to be playing sooner than later as he is the future will on this D. I don;t think they bench DJ but they are going to have to rotate him a bunch to try and keep him fresh because he's hurting this D

He led the team with Sorenson with 7 tackles tonight and had a pass deflection. Not really a decline

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:29 AM

Doesn’t Gibbs have DC experience

booger 10-20-2017 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167029)
He led the team with Sorenson with 7 tackles tonight and had a pass deflection. Not really a decline

Terrance Mitchell had a bunch of tackles, does that mean he had a great game too? DJ isn't completely shot but its noticable to anyone with their eyes open. He hasn't consistantly been a wrap up tackler ever but now it is hurting him more when he body tackles. He makes a few plays a game where I get excited that there's the old DJ! but he hasn't really put together complete games. Part of that is they can't get off the field and are constantly playing 70 ****ing snaps. He needs a break more often. KPL has to be ready and gain experience just like Ragland does. Eligwe it wouldn't hurt to get him some reps too if they are up a few scores ever.

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13167033)
Terrance Mitchell had a bunch of tackles, does that mean he had a great game too? DJ isn't completely shot but its noticable to anyone with their eyes open. He hasn't consistantly been a wrap up tackler ever but now it is hurting him more when he body tackles. He makes a few plays a game where I get excited that there's the old DJ! but he hasn't really put together complete games. Part of that is they can't get off the field and are constantly playing 70 ****ing snaps. He needs a break more often. KPL has to be ready and gain experience just like Ragland does. Eligwe it wouldn't hurt to get him some reps too if they are up a few scores ever.

Our second rounder has what like 0 snaps?

booger 10-20-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167030)
Doesn’t Gibbs have DC experience

Gibbs was a LB at Oklahoma then coached there as a GA, LB coach, DC, then head coach. They ran the same 3-4 okie, the same 2gap 3-4 Crennell and the parcells/bellichek guys ran all those years. Gibbs was apart of that the years the Sooners ran it. He was hired by Parcells as a LB coach with Dallas. He ran a 4-3 with the Saints as Payton's DC. Was a DC at Georgia and another SEC/ACC school before going to Dallas I believe. He was Romeo's DC later in the 2012 season once Romeo gave up calling the D. He's fully capable. Whether he want's to call the D is another story.

booger 10-20-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167034)
Our second rounder has what like 0 snaps?

2-3 on D. Otherwise he just plays FG/PAT block on special teams and has covered a few kickoffs i've seen. And I looked close at the last PAT of the game and I swear I didn't see him on the last one that won the game. ****ing rediculous with his height/long arms. Aside from Jones he has the most potential to block a FG.

penbrook 10-20-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13167043)
2-3 on D. Otherwise he just plays FG/PAT block on special teams and has covered a few kickoffs i've seen. And I looked close at the last PAT of the game and I swear I didn't see him on the last one that won the game. ****ing rediculous with his height/long arms. Aside from Jones he has the most potential to block a FG.

Another reason why Dorsey was fired

booger 10-20-2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13167046)
Another reason why Dorsey was fired

I don't mind the pick. TK has great athletic ability and get's low like a DL needs too which is difficult for a guy his size. Problem is he is too light. 289 at the combine but he isn't that now. Speaking of the combine look at his on field workouts in LB drills. He was very fluid in his drops and flipping his hips. A freak and I like his future. But he's too light to play in the base D. I think I would like him inside as part of a rotation and lining up wide as well. This year is almost like a redshirt year. He needs a full offseason in an NFL weight room with the right diet. Maybe he was a luxury this team couldn't afford to take with their 2nd round pick. But I like his future. Once Tamba is activated I hope he moves back to DL full time

booger 10-20-2017 01:56 AM

I'd guess after losing weight he gained before camp he probably is in the 275-280 range after sweating some off in the summer heat of camp. His first year is going to be tough as far as keeping on weight goes. Typical for all rookies

penbrook 10-20-2017 02:11 AM

In other news Peters stood for the anthem

mcaj22 10-20-2017 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13166919)
Im down with ****ing with the 4-3.

This 34 defense eats cock. we have two capable 43 tackles in jones and bailey. And two 43 ends in houston and ford. SEND THOSE MOTHER****ERS AT THE QUARTERBACK EVERY GOD DAMN PLAY!

this team has no capable LBers to play the 43 and would get destroyed.

The 34 isnt the problem its this stupid nickel/dime package with the 6 defensive backs 50 percent of the game thats an issue.

New World Order 10-20-2017 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 13166275)
I'll repeat the same thing I've always said about Sutton and his schemes...

He gets by on the individual talent of his players. As long as a few of his star players go apeshit, he looks like a genius. Now, with injuries and age, there's not enough star power to prop up his mediocre coaching.

Turnovers kept this defense out of trouble last year.

This year they aren't forcing as many, and it's showing.

chiefzilla1501 10-20-2017 04:27 AM

When you actually look up and down the roster, how much defensive talent do we actually have? It may have finally caught up to us. Aside from peters, Houston, and Jones, do we have anyone that rates above "solid"? Sorenson is an overachiever, Gaines is horrible, Ragland is horrible, Logan is a downgrade from Poe, DJ is washed up, Murray is a massive downgrade from Berry, Mitchell is OK but we need Nelson in there.

Andy Reid has loaded his offense with toys. We've ignored the defense for way too long. While I wish we were more versatile on scheme, I think it's a little overblown to think that blitzing more will solve anything. The problem is talent.

chiefzilla1501 10-20-2017 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13167091)
this team has no capable LBers to play the 43 and would get destroyed.

The 34 isnt the problem its this stupid nickel/dime package with the 6 defensive backs 50 percent of the game thats an issue.

I think we are way too reliant on it. I don't think it's stupid by any means.

GloryDayz 10-20-2017 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 13166838)
It's kinda unfortunate we play the Broncos. That MIGHT -- and I very much mean that -- help the defense masquerade as OK for a week, save a few jobs, disguise the reality. And then we're going to go to Dallas and give up 500 yards again. Zeke might break the rushing record on us (it must be hard for opposing OCs to decide whether to focus on running or passing since both are so easy).

Man. This is a scary ****ing thought. The Chiefs could actually be 5-4. And at that point, even though the schedule would look a little softer, they're a 5-4 team with a bottom 3 D in football. Oof.

Denver has 11 to decide which tool they use to stab us in the neck. They won't need more than a few minutes next Friday, but they have 11 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jonzie04 10-20-2017 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13166406)
Sutton is trying to defend against everything every play which is why we aren't good at anything.

Wants to rush the passer...but not really so we rush 3

wants to play man-man...but not really so we play off 10 yards

wants to defend the run...so leave a LB to read\react

wants to defend against the TE..so take our best pass rusher and run him down field

that's exactly why we look like we do...he has no balls to commit to anything on any play

Excellent take..

ILChief 10-20-2017 05:09 AM

Why isn't Ramik Wilson playing? Defense fell off a cliff when they started inactivating him. I don't think it's the reason we stink on defense but something has happened

ILChief 10-20-2017 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 13167026)

I doubt hali or Nelson are back

dannybcaitlyn 10-20-2017 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13167108)
When you actually look up and down the roster, how much defensive talent do we actually have? It may have finally caught up to us. Aside from peters, Houston, and Jones, do we have anyone that rates above "solid"? Sorenson is an overachiever, Gaines is horrible, Ragland is horrible, Logan is a downgrade from Poe, DJ is washed up, Murray is a massive downgrade from Berry, Mitchell is OK but we need Nelson in there.

Andy Reid has loaded his offense with toys. We've ignored the defense for way too long. While I wish we were more versatile on scheme, I think it's a little overblown to think that blitzing more will solve anything. The problem is talent.

Once again you are late to the party. It's Bob Sutton scheme that sucks. Doesn't play his players to their strengths. Like putting Houston in coverage when the game is on the line. He dials up no pressure at all and makes every offfense look like world beaters. You throw in a competent d-cord and most of these problems you speak of magically disappear. I'm not buying the talent bullshit line.

ILChief 10-20-2017 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 13167131)
Once again you are late to the party. It's Bob Sutton scheme that sucks. Doesn't play his players to their strengths. Like putting Houston in coverage when the game is on the line. He dials up no pressure at all and makes every offfense look like world beaters. You throw in a competent d-cord and most of these problems you speak of magically disappear. I'm not buying the talent bullshit line.

I agree. We no longer have a top tier defense with Berry's injury and DJ's decline, but we shouldn't be a bottom feeder either.

Aspengc8 10-20-2017 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 13167131)

Wrong sir. Scheme does not make up for lack of talent. Why is he dropping more into coverage? Because he gets no pass rush even when bringing 5. You want to bring more, and leave this terrible secondary in solo coverage? The coverage has been terrible, and the TACKLING has been worse. Eric Murray was in position to end the game on a 4th down hitch by Cook, and tackles HIGH, allowing Cook to push come backwards 5 yards for a first. You think Berry does that? Multiple times last night he rushed 4, and Houston/Jones/Ford did nothing. You are crazy if you think its scheme that cost us the game. Get some better talent out there in the secondary and lets see what happens.

dirk digler 10-20-2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13166832)
Shit I wanted him gone after that Indy playoff game.

Here here :thumb:

dannybcaitlyn 10-20-2017 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 13167136)
Wrong sir. Scheme does not make up for lack of talent. Why is he dropping more into coverage? Because he gets no pass rush even when bringing 5. You want to bring more, and leave this terrible secondary in solo coverage? The coverage has been terrible, and the TACKLING has been worse. Eric Murray was in position to end the game on a 4th down hitch by Cook, and tackles HIGH, allowing Cook to push come backwards 5 yards for a first. You think Berry does that? Multiple times last night he rushed 4, and Houston/Jones/Ford did nothing. You are crazy if you think its scheme that cost us the game. Get some better talent out there in the secondary and lets see what happens.

Wrong. If your getting beat up and down the field all day long giving up tons of yards you make adjustments and maybe say to your self some quarterbacks will eat your lunch if I give them all day to throw. If you want to protect weak corners you dial up pressure. You can't do that when your d-cord puts your best pass rusher in coverage.

GloryDayz 10-20-2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 13167133)
I agree. We no longer have a top tier defense with Berry's injury and DJ's decline, but we shouldn't be a bottom feeder either.

This defense is buried in the silt.

And Sutton is a ****ing moron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ARROW2 10-20-2017 05:49 AM

This is why you need a QB like Mahomes for nights like this. Need 40 points? No problem. Sometimes you have to win a shootout. You can bag on the D all you want but they made two key stops late in the game and gave the MVP...cough...cough...two chances to ice the game. Fail. Mahomes is naturally aggressive and will keep attacking. Even some of Alex's passes to wide open receivers were not good passes. dudes had to reach. Wilson TD was not a good throw and should have been picked, ala Pitt TD last week.

Red Dawg 10-20-2017 05:51 AM

I wish they would but it will not happen. Stuck with Smith and Sutton this whole season.

ARROW2 10-20-2017 05:52 AM

In the end, Alex tried to "not **** up" his way to a victory, as usual. Whenever you do see him do something to the contrary, like make a play in crunch time, you know in your gut that it is not normal and not probable t happen under playoff pressure. Same movie folks, same movie. The D got ****ed at the end on those calls.

PAChiefsGuy 10-20-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13167149)
In the end, Alex tried to "not **** up" his way to a victory, as usual. Whenever you do see him do something to the contrary, like make a play in crunch time, you know in your gut that it is not normal and not probable t happen under playoff pressure. Same movie folks, same movie. The D got ****ed at the end on those calls.

You are such an idiot. Alex played great... 25/36, 342 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs... This loss was on the defense you moron... What do you want Alex to go 36/36, 400 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs.. Be a little realistic here. Raiders defensive players get paid millions for a reason..

ARROW2 10-20-2017 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13167151)
You are such an idiot. Alex played great... 25/36, 342 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs... This loss was on the defense you moron... What do you want Alex to go 36/36, 400 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs.. Be a little realistic here. Raiders defensive players get paid millions for a reason..

The raiders offensive players get paid millions for a reason too. In fact, Carr is the highest paid player in the NFL. **** you. Did Alex or did Alex not get two chances to ICE a shootout? I will wait...........you idiotic, blind moron! You don't put the game on the defense when you have the so-called MVP and the defense had not been stellar all night, yet somehow that "D" got the ball back for us TWICE at crunch time and the MVP...cough...cough...couldn't seal the deal. That is what a franchise QB is for, to cover for other deficiencies. Stay bling, IDGAF.

ARROW2 10-20-2017 06:05 AM

I need Alex to come through when the opportunities are there. Failed last week and this week, bottom line. I can't wait until he is gone. This is going to end the way it always does and the Alex apologists will keep making excuse after excuse. Have fun with the inevitable heartbreak in the playoffs.

Deberg_1990 10-20-2017 06:10 AM

Starting this feel an awful lot like the 2003 Chiefs

They can't stop anyone unless they get a turnover.

ARROW2 10-20-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13167164)

2003 Chiefs don't get you the ball back twice late in the game on the road. Both teams gave up a lot of points and yards, that is modern day football sometimes. You have to will your team to victory and Alex doesn't have that in him.

GloryDayz 10-20-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13167164)

Yup. And they've had their chances too.

ARROW2 10-20-2017 06:23 AM

If the D is so ****ing bad, then keep the ball, go up two scores and don't put the game in the hands of said defense.....which somehow gave you TWO ****ING CHANCES to ICE THE GAME!!! Oh, I'm not letting up.

Mr. FAKE ASS MVP. **** ANDY AND ALEX. It all comes down to that in this league.

GloryDayz 10-20-2017 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13167178)
If the D is so ****ing bad, then keep the ball, go up two scores and don't put the game in the hands of said defense.....which somehow gave you TWO ****ING CHANCES to ICE THE GAME!!! Oh, I'm not letting up.

I'll agree that Andy is a huge problem.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10-20-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13167178)

And now Alex has totally given up using his legs to get valuable first downs. He's been hit a few times in the last 2 games so now he will either run out of bounds to avoid a hit or check down to a back who is tightly covered for a 2 yard gain. He is regressing into his self preservation mode. A true MVP fights for those important first downs and finds a way to get them.

Best22 10-20-2017 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 13167246)
And now Alex has totally given up using his legs to get valuable first downs. He's been hit a few times in the last 2 games so now he will either run out of bounds to avoid a hit or check down to a back who is tightly covered for a 2 yard gain. He is regressing into his self preservation mode. A true MVP fights for those important first downs and finds a way to get them.

He has become a true pocket passer. Fans were screaming for this all the time "quit running!" "Keep your eyes down field, stop scrambling!"

Well, you got what you want. A quarterback who is always looking downfield and very rarely scrambles

RunKC 10-20-2017 07:19 AM

This isn't a Bob Sutton problem. It's a player problem.

It's not Sutton's fault that DJ is done and can't move like he used to (God it hurts saying that).
It's not Sutton's fault that Justin Houston can't get pressure on a backup RT.
It's not Sutton's fault that Parker, Mitchell and Sorenson all were right there by Crabtree, knew it was going to be a deep pass, and still couldn't defend it.
It's not Sutton's fault that Peters is a ****ing moron that headlocks guys downfield to give up a 40+ yard DPI for a first and goal.
It's not Sutton's fault that our DB's are in position but not capable of defending a deep pass.

This is a player problem.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 10-20-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13167252)
He has become a true pocket passer. Fans were screaming for this all the time "quit running!" "Keep your eyes down field, stop scrambling!"

Well, you got what you want. A quarterback who is always looking downfield and very rarely scrambles

When the game is on the line and you need a first down to get within field goal range you have to do what it takes to get the job done. I'm not saying that he should run 15 times a game but he has to pick his spots and get those tough yards.

rydogg58 10-20-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13166774)
Holy shit, two plays prior.

https://i.imgur.com/aTeO3JW.jpg

Yeah, that was the play right there that I was literally asking myself WTF was going on.

Eleazar 10-20-2017 08:01 AM

He's got Houston, Peters, and Jones on defense, and only Jones is playing well right now. Of course it looks bad.

Sutton has many failings and maybe should be fired, but this roster isn't half as talented as CP thinks it is.

Red Dawg 10-20-2017 08:10 AM

The roster is not talented. Dorsey left is wreck full off preactice squad cast offs because he screwed are cap and couldn't do any better. Dorsey sucked.

dannybcaitlyn 10-20-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13167279)
This isn't a Bob Sutton problem. It's a player problem.

It's not Sutton's fault that DJ is done and can't move like he used to (God it hurts saying that).
It's not Sutton's fault that Justin Houston can't get pressure on a backup RT.
It's not Sutton's fault that Parker, Mitchell and Sorenson all were right there by Crabtree, knew it was going to be a deep pass, and still couldn't defend it.
It's not Sutton's fault that Peters is a ****ing moron that headlocks guys downfield to give up a 40+ yard DPI for a first and goal.
It's not Sutton's fault that our DB's are in position but not capable of defending a deep pass.

This is a player problem.

If you don't put the chess pieces in the right place it's checkmate my friend.

InChiefsHeaven 10-20-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13166774)
Holy shit, two plays prior.

https://i.imgur.com/aTeO3JW.jpg

Holy shit...

BigRedChief 10-20-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13167144)
This is why you need a QB like Mahomes for nights like this. Need 40 points? No problem. Sometimes you have to win a shootout. You can bag on the D all you want but they made two key stops late in the game and gave the MVP...cough...cough...two chances to ice the game. Fail. Mahomes is naturally aggressive and will keep attacking. Even some of Alex's passes to wide open receivers were not good passes. dudes had to reach. Wilson TD was not a good throw and should have been picked, ala Pitt TD last week.

Our problem last night was not Alex Smith.

Best22 10-20-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13167434)
Holy shit...

Eh, someone has to account for the QB run

Hammock Parties 10-20-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13167471)

So put Sorensen in that role, and let Houston rush.

That's ****ed.

BigRedChief 10-20-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Correct, a ****ing LB. Houston is paid to rush the QB.

The Franchise 10-20-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

How about it not be our $100 million dollar pass rusher.

RunKC 10-20-2017 09:01 AM

I've got this game on DVR. I am happy to watch it again and track what Houston did on every play if that's what CP wants.

The Franchise 10-20-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13167491)
I've got this game on DVR. I am happy to watch it again and track what Houston did on every play if that's what CP wants.

**** it. Light it up.

I deleted mine right after the game.

The Franchise 10-20-2017 09:03 AM

Changes have to be made to this defense. DJ is not the same DJ as old. He's probably a part time player at best. He doesn't need to be on the field as much as he has been. As soon as Nelson is back....Gaines has to go to the bench. Eligwe and KPass need to start seeing more snaps as well.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-20-2017 09:03 AM

Our Safeties have no ball skills. What do you want Sutton to do about it?