ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Stranger Things (Netflix)... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300312)

ToxSocks 07-28-2016 04:05 PM

Finished it last night. No complaints about the ending other than it being a little underwhelming.

Kiimo 07-28-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12339625)
5 minutes in and I already want to punch the kid with the weird lisp in the face

He'll be one of your favorites by the end.

Chiefnj2 07-29-2016 06:28 AM

Finished it last night. Really enjoyed it, except for one or two items during the final episode. I thought they handled the upside down world really well. A lot of times when movies attempt to deal with an alternate reality it comes off really bad and hokey.

TeaQue 07-29-2016 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12338345)
I'm only on episode 7/8, so if it's a spoiler please put the answer in spoiler tags, but is there any special significance to the fact that several characters keep repeating iterations of the phrase 'I'm right here with you'?

It reminded me of the Poltergeist.

listopencil 07-29-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeaQue (Post 12341417)
It reminded me of the Poltergeist.

I don't see the connection but I barely paid attention to that movie. I did finish the season, enjoyed it, I hope they can keep this going.

Mr. Plow 08-02-2016 03:12 PM

Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.

frankotank 08-04-2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12341946)
I don't see the connection but I barely paid attention to that movie. I did finish the season, enjoyed it, I hope they can keep this going.

you didn't pay attention to poltergeist!

man I thought for the time it was superb....and honestly I've seen it recently and I think it holds up pretty well.

loved the stuck on the ceiling in her underwear scene. hahaha
there's just something about white cotton panties....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-sSq-jNiPE...-moments-1.jpg

listopencil 08-04-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12351105)
you didn't pay attention to poltergeist!

man I thought for the time it was superb....and honestly I've seen it recently and I think it holds up pretty well.

loved the stuck on the ceiling in her underwear scene. hahaha
there's just something about white cotton panties....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-sSq-jNiPE...-moments-1.jpg

I missed out on a giant chunk of 80's pop culture at the time for various reasons.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-04-2016 11:05 PM

I plowed through this in two nights. I really enjoyed it. I'm about five years too young for a lot of the early 80s nostalgia to truly resonate with me in a memorable way, but there are a lot of echoes of the culture that I remember.

Also, Steve is a dead ringer for Jean Ralphio.

Mennonite 08-05-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12352331)
I'm about five years too young for a lot of the early 80s nostalgia to truly resonate with me in a memorable way

Don't worry - most of the people nostalgic for the 80s didn't live through them either. It's not so much a decade as a series of factoids scribbled onto idea balls for the Family Guy manatees to play with.

frankotank 08-05-2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

I plowed through this in two nights. I really enjoyed it. I'm about five years too young for a lot of the early 80s nostalgia to truly resonate with me in a memorable way, but there are a lot of echoes of the culture that I remember.

this is set in my high school dayze....so I not only REALLY enjoyed the story....but I also had a blast checking everything out. OH OH OH...there goes a cutlass supreme in the background! OH...my friend had a Gremlin. damn....she's driving a pinto just like the one I used to have. :shake:
OH OH OH....I used to have those nikes.

http://i2.wp.com/www.thedailystreet....z-Nylon-01.jpg

and most sadly....OMG....I used to feather my hair like that.... ROFL

Huffmeister 08-05-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Here's an interesting fan theory that Steve is Jean Ralphios real father:

http://uproxx.com/tv/stranger-things...parks-and-rec/

It's crazy, but it's a fun read.

Rausch 08-05-2016 02:55 PM

I have to admit to watching it again.

Did it "steal" - yes, it did, heavily.

It stole the same way Mr. Robot did.

Obvious. Intentional. Flagrant. TO COMPLIMENT.

In fact STRANGER THINGS is better than anything any of the directors they ripped off have done in the last 20 years.

Miles 08-06-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

I found him being a dead ringer very distracting and also amusing.

underEJ 08-06-2016 11:15 PM

Really loved it. Everything that wasn't top shelf like some of the amateurish acting and even some of the writing was deeply charming in exactly the same way I recall the 80s themselves. I do not generally have 80s nostalgia at all. I was there. I didn't like much about it. Hated feathered hair. Hated the awful clothes and most of the popular music, and most shows don't go past that to depict the era. But recently we've had The Americans, Halt and Catch Fire, and now this that really bring it to life. This one touched on the American family's relationship to authority in a way that was very true to the era. Technology is at a precious stage and they nailed that too. My favorite parts of popular culture of the era were John Carpenter movies and The Clash. No surprise I dug the influences there. The most charming thing is the really extra details. Not just finding obvious stuff like coke commercials, but tiny details done absolutely perfectly like the damn pudding cans. I have not thought about pudding since the last time I peeled back the lid on one of those cans, but the label and the can itself were dead on. There are hundreds of those details in this. I can't wait to see another season, but I like it just the way it is, too.

Carlota69 08-08-2016 01:14 PM

I loved this show! The feel of it made me go back to 1985, sitting in front of my TV watching a movie on VHS. They nailed 80 style movies. Ryder was excellent, the storyline was gripping and I loved the weird 80s techno music they used for dramatic scenes. Netflix better sign them up for season 2.

Baby Lee 08-08-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12352709)
this is set in my high school dayze....so I not only REALLY enjoyed the story....but I also had a blast checking everything out. OH OH OH...there goes a cutlass supreme in the background! OH...my friend had a Gremlin. damn....she's driving a pinto just like the one I used to have. :shake:

Who wore the Nikes?

Will wore black Adidas.

Mike wore Pumas.

Steve had the full leather tennis type, not the vinyl and suede running type.

http://2.darkroom.shortlist.com/750/...nd-retro-nikes

http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/up...16/07/nike.jpg

frankotank 08-09-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12358475)
Who wore the Nikes?

Will wore black Adidas.

Mike wore Pumas.

Steve had the full leather tennis type, not the vinyl and suede running type.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016...-master675.jpg

Baby Lee 08-09-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12359150)

ROFL ROFL - Blame yourself. I saw your post before I binged the show. So I'm watching the thing looking for the stuff you're pointing out.

I am disappoint. ;)

By the way, was anyone else surprised that 11 was a girl? I flashed right through all the boys not wanting [her] to take [her] shirt off without a thought, then they started talking about 'she, she, she. . . ' And even then I was like 'who the eff are they talking about?'

Now that I see it, she is adorable, and very talented. Looks like she's been acting since younger than Drew Barrymore even. Looked her up on IMDB and she already has like 3 major series under her belt.

But until they slapped a wig on her, I had no idea.

SAUTO 08-09-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12359170)
ROFL ROFL - Blame yourself. I saw your post before I binged the show. So I'm watching the thing looking for the stuff you're pointing out.

I am disappoint. ;)

By the way, was anyone else surprised that 11 was a girl? I flashed right through all the boys not wanting [her] to take [her] shirt off without a thought, then they started talking about 'she, she, she. . . ' And even then I was like 'who the eff are they talking about?'

Now that I see it, she is adorable, and very talented. Looks like she's been acting since younger than Drew Barrymore even. Looked her up on IMDB and she already has like 3 major series under her belt.

But until they slapped a wig on her, I had no idea.

I can't believe you didn't catch on she was a girl immediately, or at least before that part.

SAUTO 08-09-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 12352709)

The Cortez.

Fire Me Boy! 08-09-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12359530)
I can't believe you didn't catch on she was a girl immediately, or at least before that part.

Like when someone says something about the girl missing in Ep. 1 and the very next scene we get introduced to 11? :spock:

Baby Lee 08-09-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12359530)

I was a tad unclear, I was fairly aware 11 was a girl when the boys kept yelling 'she,' a good bit before they put the wig and dress on her.

But come on, look at the picture above. Mike had more feminine features. Not a knock. They purposefully crafted her look as hard and wiry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12359535)
Like when someone says something about the girl missing in Ep. 1 and the very next scene we get introduced to 11? :spock:

Must've missed that bit of dialog.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-09-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12359532)
The Cortez.

I got a pair of Cortez's in '04 that were all white leather. with red trim on the soles. I loved those shoes.

Overall, I have to agree with BL that her look, especially early, was androgynous.

hometeam 08-09-2016 07:54 PM

I totally skipped over every post in this thread to make sure no spoilers.

Just finished episode 1, I think i might like this

SAUTO 08-09-2016 08:12 PM

Every one wore them in high school

listopencil 08-09-2016 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12360034)
Every one wore them in high school

I wore maypops. My mom tried getting me the more expensive shoes and I would just wear them out within six months, often less than six months. So she just got me a new cheap pair a few times every year.

BigRedChief 08-09-2016 10:19 PM

I had heard that this was a well done show. Stayed out of this thread until I finished the show.

I was leaving my teen years and into early adulthood in the 80's. So there is some nostalgia with the series. Yes, I remember those canned pudding's too. The tennis shoes and hair etc.

I thought the first half of the season was more well done than the 2nd half. Some of the acting was really poor and some was damn good. Lots of holes in the story but this isn't suppose to be cinematic art. Its just a little fun series and it delivered. I'll watch season 2.

frankotank 08-10-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12360002)
I totally skipped over every post in this thread to make sure no spoilers.

Just finished episode 1, I think i might like this

oh yeah! you will! you'll be getting a new tattoo! :D

Baby Lee 08-10-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12360193)
I wore maypops. My mom tried getting me the more expensive shoes and I would just wear them out within six months, often less than six months. So she just got me a new cheap pair a few times every year.

You want childhood trauma, the only 'expensive' pair of shoes I owned until I started lobbying for good soccer cleats in middle school were orthotics with a special insole for flat feet and a special heel for splay feet [the opposite of pigeon toes].

Brown wing tips, . . . in grade school, in the 1970s.

I SHIT U NOT.

WilliamTheIrish 08-10-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12360499)
You want childhood trauma, the only 'expensive' pair of shoes I owned until I started lobbying for good soccer cleats in middle school were orthotics with a special insole for flat feet and a special heel for splay feet [the opposite of pigeon toes].

I SHIT U NOT.

Run, Forrest, run!!!

Keds, run faster, jump higher. Then on to Chuck Taylor All Stars.

****ing wing tips. Every Sunday I had to work my wide feet into those shoes.

Every pair of dress shoes I look at to this day makes me think of those early Sunday AM wakeup call from upstairs, that we were all going to the 0615 mass.

listopencil 08-10-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12360499)

I SHIT U NOT.

Heh, you don't want to get into a childhood trauma competition with me. I had to wear moccasins at one point.

Baby Lee 08-10-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 12360556)
Run, Forrest, run!!!

Heh, looking back I had all the stigma of an invalid Forrest without any of the enlightened pity. The shoes were just ugly. Even though they were prescription, there was nothing to suggest they were medical. No leg braces or clunky boots. Just uggo shoes with a lump in the arch of the insole and a chunk beveled off the heel to promote turning my feet inward.

Irony was, when I started playing soccer, my gait was probably one of my biggest natural assets. My feet naturally strike the ball in the manner that best promotes accurate passing.

Hamwallet 08-12-2016 05:42 PM

Just finished it up. Pretty damn entertaining. Looking forward to the next season.

hometeam 08-13-2016 07:42 AM

through episode 4 now, my guess is not shit is going to be resolved by the end of the season

BigRedChief 08-13-2016 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12361053)
Heh, you don't want to get into a childhood trauma competition with me. I had to wear moccasins at one point.

So you had shoes.

Baby Lee 08-13-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12365772)
So you had shoes.

You try to tell young folk nowadays, they won't believe ya.

Baby Lee 08-13-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12361053)

Speaking of 'moccasins' and 'one point,' I had to go to 2 weeks of my senior year, including MARCHING BAND practice in these

http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/rgbar/jb/r..._118949_jb.jpg

Think I've told the story before, but they made me and a co-worker take the fry grease out to the recycling while it was still hot.

Would have been fine, except the co-worker got a little fidgety towards the end and splashed a couple drops of oil onto his arm. This was enough to provoke him to drop his side completely and 'run for zee hills.' I'd have been fine as well except it soaked my shoes and socks, resulting in severe 2nd degree [luckily not 3rd] burns on the top of both feet. They say I kicked my work shoes about 30 yards.

Hamwallet 08-13-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12365745)
through episode 4 now, my guess is not shit is going to be resolved by the end of the season

It's wrapped up for the most part. They where not sure if they would get a second season so no big cliffhangers. It's been so popular they are already working on season 2 though.

Miles 08-13-2016 11:01 PM

My listening to New Order has gone from none to a lot lately because of this series.

listopencil 08-13-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12365827)
Speaking of 'moccasins' and 'one point,' I had to go to 2 weeks of my senior year, including MARCHING BAND practice in these

http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/rgbar/jb/r..._118949_jb.jpg

Think I've told the story before, but they made me and a co-worker take the fry grease out to the recycling while it was still hot.

Would have been fine, except the co-worker got a little fidgety towards the end and splashed a couple drops of oil onto his arm. This was enough to provoke him to drop his side completely and 'run for zee hills.' I'd have been fine as well except it soaked my shoes and socks, resulting in severe 2nd degree [luckily not 3rd] burns on the top of both feet. They say I kicked my work shoes about 30 yards.

Ouch, that sounds horrible. I wore moccasins because I wore out yet another pair of shoes and my mom didn't have enough money to buy me a new pair for a while. She had been given a gift of a craft project where everything you needed to make a pair of moccasins was in a box, she made them up in my size and I wore them until she could afford to buy me a pair of shoes.

Swanman 08-14-2016 06:51 AM

Quote:

I got my Atari when I was 6 so these kids were 3 to 4 years older than me so this show hit me right in the sweet spot for nostalgia. I loved the tv with the channel buttons right on the front.

ThaVirus 08-16-2016 10:44 AM

I finished this show up yesterday.

It was good. I've recommended it to anyone who will listen.

hometeam 08-16-2016 02:18 PM

ok i liked it

cookster50 08-16-2016 02:38 PM

Very good. Loved the score.

BigRedChief 08-17-2016 12:04 PM

Turn Anything Into The 'Stranger Things' Title Sequence With This Website http://makeitstranger.com/

The Franchise 08-17-2016 12:12 PM

http://i64.tinypic.com/2dseowi.png

ChiefsCountry 08-17-2016 12:16 PM

So how many episodes in does it start to get good? I'm on episode 2 and I think its just weird as hell.

Chieficus 08-17-2016 12:27 PM

I'm up to episode 6 and am loving this. Just sad that I can't binge the whole thing in one sitting. :)

ThaVirus 08-18-2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12372748)
So how many episodes in does it start to get good? I'm on episode 2 and I think its just weird as hell.

If the mystery and 80s feel haven't encapsulated you yet then it probably never will

Shaid 08-18-2016 10:24 PM

I loved the show.

notorious 08-27-2016 09:02 AM

Just finished.

That is how you do sci-fi and horror right. Good job.

mikeyis4dcats. 08-29-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 12372748)

I felt it was overhyped for the first couple of eps, then it picks up

Gadzooks 08-29-2016 01:26 PM

Just watched the first episode last night with the missus.
I didn't tell her anything about it. She was like WTF is this?

Baby Lee 08-29-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12393576)
Just watched the first episode last night with the missus.
I didn't tell her anything about it. She was like WTF is this?

Not to pry overly, but is she, uhhh, positioned, to recognize the source materials and origins of the show?

cookster50 08-29-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12393589)
Not to pry overly, but is she, uhhh, positioned, to recognize the source materials and origins of the show?

He's asking if she has big jugs or not.

RustShack 08-29-2016 05:15 PM

I watched one episode Saturday night with a friend, then the next seven last night. I meant to go to bed after episode 5 because I had to get up for work, buuut I finished it instead.

Gadzooks 08-29-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 12393817)
He's asking if she has big jugs or not.

Of course.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-30-2016 10:00 PM

Decent show. Better than all the network garbage. Great start, meh finish. Very creative, but not sure how well a 2nd will holdup.

Gadzooks 08-30-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12393589)

After watching the first episode I didn't get this question. The next night I did.
She recognizes most of the source materials and we're both enjoying it so far.

On to episode 4 tomorrow night.

Fire Me Boy! 08-31-2016 08:40 AM

Season 2 confirmed.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan...WnA#.ebqpRx4nx

Including a teaser:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aXWG_kKDZlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 08-31-2016 01:27 PM

Episode names and the internet is rampant with speculation.

Hope they dont screw it up!

Baby Lee 08-31-2016 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12397947)
Episode names and the internet is rampant with speculation.

Hope they dont screw it up!

I get the feeling the internet has a greater chance of 'screwing it up.'

Hyping it forever with useless little tidbits for page clicks until people expect the second coming of Jeebus Christie.

They deliver another nice little homage series and expectations around the the nation are deflated.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-31-2016 02:23 PM

It was merely above average the way it was. The hype is gonna ruin this thing even though I bet they churn out another nice season. Definitely better than most shows and well above remake abortions like mcguyver.

Fire Me Boy! 09-04-2016 05:22 PM

Gadzooks 09-04-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12405223)

ROFL

siberian khatru 09-05-2016 04:08 PM

Burned through this this weekend with the wife and we both loved it. I was 17 in 1983 and all the nostalgia stuff really resonated with me -- I think only Freaks and Geeks did as good a job of capturing that time. And what's funny is the Duffer Brothers weren't even born yet in 83.

unlurking 09-05-2016 06:06 PM

Finally got to watch. Loved it. From the opening sequence I was drawn in. Fantastic show. Can't wait for season 2.

BigRedChief 09-05-2016 10:31 PM

A local bar is turning their bar into a 1983 town set in stranger things

https://www.facebook.com/events/237170450010995/?ti=icl

Fire Me Boy! 09-12-2016 12:39 PM

This was pretty entertaining.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m5YhtbKJwhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni 09-12-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12406270)
Burned through this this weekend with the wife and we both loved it. I was 17 in 1983 and all the nostalgia stuff really resonated with me -- I think only Freaks and Geeks did as good a job of capturing that time. And what's funny is the Duffer Brothers weren't even born yet in 83.

Such a shame Freaks only got 1 season. All the shit shows NBC greenlighted and they nope on that :#

siberian khatru 09-12-2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12422113)
Such a shame Freaks only got 1 season. All the shit shows FOX greenlighted and they nope on that :#

Freaks and Geeks was on NBC. :D

Pasta Little Brioni 09-12-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12422115)
Freaks and Geeks was on NBC. :D

Fixed :)

siberian khatru 09-12-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12422119)
Fixed :)

That's OK, Fox deserves plenty of brickbats for its egregious mistakes (Firefly, Arrested Development, etc.).

Ragged Robin 09-12-2016 08:35 PM

could have been a couple episodes shorter (cut out the bullying subplot and Nancy's dumb high school boyfriend's friends subplot and you get the same show except better and more concise)

also, was there actually a point of Nancy & Friends trapping the monster and lighting it on fire? Seemed to have zero effect and essentially pointless... wanted to tear my ears out after the "NAAAAANCY??? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCY! NAANCYYYY!!!" scene

I'm also a little disappointed to hear that they're continuing the next season with the same characters and stuff, I really hope that isn't the case. It ended perfect as it is so they should have done it like True Detective where it's in the same "universe" but with different characters with ambiguously related events and maybe bring back some of the characters in a following season or something

Baby Lee 09-12-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12422109)
This was pretty entertaining.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m5YhtbKJwhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What was Lucas saying at 1:08. I thought he was channeling Jordy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7IiLZ0dvDWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fire Me Boy! 09-14-2016 12:50 PM

Pretty entertaining...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3bREysjf7nA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil 09-14-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12425929)
Pretty entertaining...

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3bREysjf7nA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" width="560" height="315"></iframe>

Millie Bobby Brown is cute as a button.

Gadzooks 09-14-2016 02:53 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7N1rirHF6qk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hamwallet 09-15-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 12423041)
could have been a couple episodes shorter (cut out the bullying subplot and Nancy's dumb high school boyfriend's friends subplot and you get the same show except better and more concise)

also, was there actually a point of Nancy & Friends trapping the monster and lighting it on fire? Seemed to have zero effect and essentially pointless... wanted to tear my ears out after the "NAAAAANCY??? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCY! NAANCYYYY!!!" scene

I'm also a little disappointed to hear that they're continuing the next season with the same characters and stuff, I really hope that isn't the case. It ended perfect as it is so they should have done it like True Detective where it's in the same "universe" but with different characters with ambiguously related events and maybe bring back some of the characters in a following season or something

There was a point of trapping the monster. It was not in the upside down when they where looking for the kid in the upside down.