ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285622)

KChiefs1 10-13-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 12481231)
I don't think the first bartender is her new father. He looked skinnier and with a smaller build than the bartender. It really looked like the exact same bartender in the episodes, just older. Am I wrong in that?

I'll rewatch it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lzen 10-14-2016 10:13 AM

I watched the first episode during the free preview of HBO this past weekend. Looked like a good show. I don't want to subscribe to HBO, though I am tempted. Any other way to watch?

Nirvana58 10-14-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 12482814)
I watched the first episode during the free preview of HBO this past weekend. Looked like a good show. I don't want to subscribe to HBO, though I am tempted. Any other way to watch?

1. Buy Amazon Fire Stick
2. Install Kodi on it
3. Watch any TV show or Movie for free
4. Cancel all Cable related bills
5. Profit

:D

SAGA45 10-15-2016 11:05 AM

ReAnimator

Would You Rather

watch those two and appreciate the connection

Hammock Parties 10-15-2016 11:06 AM

Watched the first episode last night and was pretty spellbound.

Ed Harris' character is going somewhere interesting.

Baby Lee 10-17-2016 04:13 AM

In episode 3, can someone pay attention to Teddy/Marsden's dialog during the first gunfight for McPoyle?

Is it just me, or does his voice and accent sound overdubbed by Kevin Costner? Does Marsden always sound like Costner and I just don't notice?

L.A. Chieffan 10-17-2016 09:02 AM

Keep waiting for McPoyles brother and sister to show up in bath robes. Very distracting

BleedingRed 10-17-2016 09:54 AM

amazing show so far

KChiefs1 10-17-2016 08:10 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...616a67a07f.png

unlurking 10-17-2016 08:44 PM

So was there a "hiccup" when Robert and Bernard were talking about Arnold's pyramid theory of bicameral mind? Or was it just my feed? I reversed back to 4:10 twice while watching (thinking I must have missed something) and the explanation of the pyramid hiccuped and played twice, each time. After ending the show, I reloaded and it didn't happen again. Probably wouldn't have noticed if not for the same glitch happening with Delores at the end.

Also, is the Man In Black actually Robert's old partner Arnold?

KChiefs1 10-17-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12478454)

Favorite theory so far:
Spoiler!

The makeshift oil derrick / cross is a great teaser!

I think this is a possibility.

listopencil 10-18-2016 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12478833)
Spoiler!

... as Billy's friend said he was really interested in finding out who William really is.

Spoiler!

listopencil 10-18-2016 03:54 AM

My gut feeling on Ed Harris is that he is a long time customer who is willing to pay a lot of money to go on his own special story-line. That he only appears inhumane to us because we are anthropomorphizing the hosts. He doesn't do that because he sees them in the same way that we would look at an old Teddy Ruxpin, or a character in Grand Theft Auto. Dolores is just the hooker you shoot to get your money back after you kick her out of your car. Harris is jaded and he just doesn't give a shit.

KCUnited 10-18-2016 08:44 AM

Maybe this was already addressed and I missed it, but how do guests know they're interacting with a host/robot and not another guest? Also, are guests impervious to any kind of physical assault in the park, or just the parks firearms?

I'm really enjoying this show. Like GoT, it's one of those where I'm likely to re-watch the previous episode before watching the new one live.

L.A. Chieffan 10-18-2016 09:37 AM

I'm pretty sure it's just guns, they mentioned something about how dangerous an axe could be.

Baby Lee 10-18-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12491249)
Maybe this was already addressed and I missed it, but how do guests know they're interacting with a host/robot and not another guest? Also, are guests impervious to any kind of physical assault in the park, or just the parks firearms?

I'm really enjoying this show. Like GoT, it's one of those where I'm likely to re-watch the previous episode before watching the new one live.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 12491324)
I'm pretty sure it's just guns, they mentioned something about how dangerous an axe could be.

There are three levels of 'protection' and the rest is suspension of disbelief.

The guns are engineered to treat visitors like paintball [feel and see impact, but no lasting damage], and treat hosts like video game casualties [strike positions start damage subroutines in the unit].

Some hosts are and others aren't programmed for handling of dangerous utilitarian items, such as axes, whips, and fire.

In addition to the 'do no harm' programming, the hosts are programmed to utilize human 'skills' to divert guests from danger. ie, if someone is pushing for a fist fight, or to shove a guest into danger [cliff, animal pen, fire, etc], the host will either try to diffuse the situation or offer him/herself up as the sacrificial victim.

listopencil 10-18-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12491249)

It's a combination of Asimov's three laws of robotics and the lore of the West World franchise. Have you seen the original movie(s)?

BigRedChief 10-18-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12491049)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

KCUnited 10-18-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12492063)
It's a combination of Asimov's three laws of robotics and the lore of the West World franchise. Have you seen the original movie(s)?

I haven't. The guest on guest crime is my biggest question. With things so real at the park, I'm sure jealousy and other emotions are just as real if not more than in a person's real life.

listopencil 10-18-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12492081)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

listopencil 10-18-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12492096)
I haven't. The guest on guest crime is my biggest question. With things so real at the park, I'm sure jealousy and other emotions are just as real if not more than in a person's real life.

Everything is very heavily monitored. I don't think you're going to get away with anything.

KCUnited 10-18-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12492168)
Everything is very heavily monitored. I don't think you're going to get away with anything.

Yeah, I'm not really envisioning getting away with it. People get beat to death going to NFL games. I'd think a couple bros who've "made it", going on a trip for the purpose of rape and pillage would clash every now and again. Like a guest taking an axe to another guest in a spontaneous emotional outburst, maybe even thinking it's a robot, but maybe that's over thinking it.

listopencil 10-18-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 12492180)
Yeah, I'm not really envisioning getting away with it. People get beat to death going to NFL games. I'd think a couple bros who've "made it", going on a trip for the purpose of rape and pillage would clash every now and again. Like a guest taking an axe to another guest in a spontaneous emotional outburst, maybe even thinking it's a robot, but maybe that's over thinking it.

I'm sure it's possible that there would have been murders committed in the 'history' of the resort. I think it would be very unlikely with all of the monitoring being done by people who would have had substantial training in human behavior though. And the hosts themselves would be programmed to intervene and take the hit instead. The original West World is worth a watch, by the way. Future World is shit though.

BigRedChief 10-18-2016 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12492162)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

listopencil 10-18-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12492346)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

listopencil 10-18-2016 09:31 PM

Spoiler!

Bowser 10-19-2016 12:40 AM

So there are a group of guests in the park that have gone full on psycho, or is that just part of the draw for the thrill seekers? That group Teddy ran into at the end of the ep, he unloaded his gun into all of them, but nothing.....

Baby Lee 10-19-2016 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12492578)
So there are a group of guests in the park that have gone full on psycho, or is that just part of the draw for the thrill seekers? That group Teddy ran into at the end of the ep, he unloaded his gun into all of them, but nothing.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VSNYJJT1YuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRedChief 10-19-2016 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12492435)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

listopencil 10-19-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 12492666)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Snica 10-19-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12493178)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

listopencil 10-19-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snica (Post 12493370)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

KC_Lee 10-19-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12493428)
Spoiler!

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

raybec 4 10-19-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12493428)
Spoiler!

**** you Listo, I had to keep clicking for the payoff

listopencil 10-24-2016 02:14 AM

Spoiler!

[BRC] Felt like a filler episode but it was still interesting. Some plotlines got moved along. I think sentience is spreading like a...virus. I still feel this way about Ed Harris:[BRC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12491050)
My gut feeling on Ed Harris is that he is a long time customer who is willing to pay a lot of money to go on his own special story-line. That he only appears inhumane to us because we are anthropomorphizing the hosts. He doesn't do that because he sees them in the same way that we would look at an old Teddy Ruxpin, or a character in Grand Theft Auto. Dolores is just the hooker you shoot to get your money back after you kick her out of your car. Harris is jaded and he just doesn't give a shit.

[BRC] I'm still entertained. I'll keep watching.[/BRC]

Bowser 10-24-2016 11:37 AM

This is getting deep and dark. Loving it so far.

KChiefs1 10-31-2016 12:07 AM

Interesting episode tonight.

listopencil 10-31-2016 01:34 AM

Just watched it. Very good. Lots of really great moments in this episode.

Bowser 10-31-2016 10:24 AM

This show gets better with every episode

Buck 10-31-2016 12:04 PM

This is going to be one of those shows that I'm going to go back and watch every season before the start of the next season and notice things I've never noticed before.

I love it.

I need to find some good youtube recaps.

listopencil 10-31-2016 06:15 PM

It would be cool if Dolores is actually Yul Brenner's character from the movie.

Bowser 10-31-2016 07:05 PM

Did anyone else see that split second smirk Logan had when he realized William wasn't going to come save him, almost like that's what he wanted to see William do? I wonder what that's all about.

Buck 10-31-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12520710)
Did anyone else see that split second smirk Logan had when he realized William wasn't going to come save him, almost like that's what he wanted to see William do? I wonder what that's all about.

Probably because he's been wanting William to stand up for himself for a long time. Also he knows he can't be hurt badly.

hometeam 10-31-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12520728)
Probably because he's been wanting William to stand up for himself for a long time. Also he knows he can't be hurt badly.

Im starting to think that maybe they can be hurt badly for this particular storyline.

Bowser 10-31-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12520728)

Yeah, but....

There was something more in that look, like Logan was trying to set William on some path that he was resisting for the longest time. Almost like this whole thing is a predetermined story just for William. That's a ton to get from a glance, lol. We'll see.

listopencil 10-31-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12520710)

Yes. I assumed that this turn of events fell within Logan's plan because of that look.

listopencil 10-31-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12520594)
It would be cool if Dolores is actually Yul Brenner's character from the movie.

They have mentioned that Dolores is the oldest guest in the park. They have mentioned that she was there when the insurrection happened. They have shown that she was working with the dead partner when he was alive for some sort of anti-establishment reason. There have been scenes with employees asking her about her motivations with references too, among other things, her attitude towards committing violent acts. Suppose she achieved sentience during the insurrection and and she is being kept around for study purposes under the assumption that morphing her into a damsel in distress under extremely harsh code limitations will keep her from becoming dangerous again as long as she isn't pushed in that direction?

BleedingRed 11-01-2016 08:06 AM

So here is my theory.......

The "Man in Black" is the real life brother of Arnold. He saved the park when something happened when Arnold died.

Arnold was going to "Destroy" the park by making the HOST become self aware (AI). So the other partner killed him with Deloras. But Arnold left clues to what really happened, and what was really going on, hints the "maze".

The "Man in Black" because of his financial investment in the park get what ever he wants, but what he is really looking for is the Truth about Arnolds death.

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2016 12:07 PM

Has the two time line theory been discussed yet?

KC_Lee 11-01-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 12521719)
Has the two time line theory been discussed yet?

I've seen some discussion about 2 - 3 timelines.

The two bros at the park being one time line
Ed Harris / The Man In Black another timeline
Bernard's discussions with Deloris as a third timeline

Basically this...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0llOBmNm90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 11-01-2016 12:19 PM

I was on the multiple timelines train until I read a scene by scene timeline layout. The following scenes happened back to back.

Ford (Anthony Hopkins) created the Wyatt story in the present time. That means the scene labeled "Sweetwater New Day" below happened in the present. Immediately following that scene, Dolores stumbles into William's camp.

Now, if that took place in the past, that's a really ****ed up thing that the writer's have done because that means we can't trust them.

-- Sweetwater New Day --
-Teddy protects Dolores from Rebus's posse, they head off to teach her to shoot
-Sheriff rides up, convinces Teddy to leave Dolores to hunt down Wyatt
-Wyatt's costumed men ambush Teddy's group, everyone flees, Teddy is beaten and tied to a tree
-Dolores arrives home to find her home ransacked by Rebus. She blasts him and flees.

-- Elsewhere --
-Dolores stumbles her way into William's camp.

L.A. Chieffan 11-01-2016 12:21 PM

Cool thanks for that. Great show, lots of different themes they are trying to explore. Hopefully it doesn't all fall apart at the end like LOST

KC_Lee 11-01-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12521745)
I was on the multiple timelines train until I read a scene by scene timeline layout. The following scenes happened back to back.

Ford (Anthony Hopkins) created the Wyatt story in the present time. That means the scene labeled "Sweetwater New Day" below happened in the present. Immediately following that scene, Dolores stumbles into William's camp.

Now, if that took place in the past, that's a really ****ed up thing that the writer's have done because that means we can't trust them.

-- Sweetwater New Day --
-Teddy protects Dolores from Rebus's posse, they head off to teach her to shoot
-Sheriff rides up, convinces Teddy to leave Dolores to hunt down Wyatt
-Wyatt's costumed men ambush Teddy's group, everyone flees, Teddy is beaten and tied to a tree
-Dolores arrives home to find her home ransacked by Rebus. She blasts him and flees.

-- Elsewhere --
-Dolores stumbles her way into William's camp.

Dolores stumbling into William's camp does not necessarily mean it happened after shot shot Rebus but I understand your point.

Buck 11-01-2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12521756)
Dolores stumbling into William's camp does not necessarily mean it happened after shot shot Rebus but I understand your point.

Yeah, like I said, it doesn't prove anything, but if the writers seriously did that just to fake us out, then boo to them.

Buck 11-01-2016 12:34 PM

Another thing is that the people running the park see that Dolores is off her loop and can't tell if she's doing it on her own or if she's with a guest, and they say something to the effect of "We can't tell if she's doing it on her own or not, Ford's new storyline is screwing things up."

Then we see the caretaker in a Cowboy hat try to come and get her, but William says, she's with me.

Edit: I want to know if Old Ford is ever seen with Stubbs and Elsie. I guess it's possible that Stubbs and Elsie are in the past timeline. If there's anything to link them to Ford in the current day, then I'm fairly confident that there's only one timeline.

KChiefs1 11-01-2016 12:39 PM

I need to watch each episode at least twice to catch everything.

listopencil 11-01-2016 10:55 PM

I'm not really buying into the multiple timelines theory. It's not necessary unless I've missed something. What I do wonder is, though, is what is the significance of Dolores seeing herself in that crowd of painted up revelers in Pariah? She saw herself in a side room later when she sat at the table as well. Was that entire segment just her personality breaking in the way that a human might snap and become psychotic?

Buck 11-02-2016 03:15 PM

Just found this video. It is an argument for and against the show having multiple timelines.

He uses the same arguments I used against the multiple timelines, but in a more eloquent manner. He also uses arguments for the multiple timelines that are very legit and have me questioning this again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EupcIwqMd0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 11-02-2016 03:31 PM

Great vid, thanks for posting that.

Listening to the reasons against, it feels like he's on the right path but hasn't quite nailed it down. The control room scene could maybe be proof that the park is run by androids as well? Just more aware androids, possibly? (even though my theory sounds weak)

Bowser 11-02-2016 03:43 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0llOBmNm90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 11-02-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12524463)
Great vid, thanks for posting that.

Listening to the reasons against, it feels like he's on the right path but hasn't quite nailed it down. The control room scene could maybe be proof that the park is run by androids as well? Just more aware androids, possibly? (even though my theory sounds weak)

Yep, I was thinking of that too while watching.

Also the video you just posted was posted about 10 posts back by KC Lee

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12521730)
I've seen some discussion about 2 - 3 timelines.

The two bros at the park being one time line
Ed Harris / The Man In Black another timeline
Bernard's discussions with Deloris as a third timeline

Basically this...

Bowser 11-02-2016 03:48 PM

I got swept up in Westworld excitement. Plus, I was posting just in case 99% of the board had KC Lee on ignore.

:facepalm:

Silock 11-02-2016 04:42 PM

I don't think there are different timelines. There is zero progression of technology between the timelines, however, we see the "old" bartender talking to Robert. If the androids were old in the other timeline, they're SIGNIFICANTLY more advanced than the bartender.

I'm just not sold on the alternate timelines. Not ruling it out, but right now, it doesn't line up for me.

RINGLEADER 11-02-2016 04:49 PM

The different timelines would explain a lot.

I still think that the man in black is the former co-partner Arnold - downloaded into Ed Harris.

unlurking 11-02-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12524503)
I got swept up in Westworld excitement. Plus, I was posting just in case 99% of the board had KC Lee on ignore.

ROFL

Silock 11-02-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 12524598)

I still think that the man in black is the former co-partner Arnold - downloaded into Ed Harris.

If Harris in an android, he'd have to be pretty special because the bullets bounce off of him.

listopencil 11-02-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 12524598)

That would be interesting. It would fit in with one possible 'secret' motive for the company to keep running the park; working on offering immortality by transferring your consciousness into an android. It could be that Harris is still just a normal human and that's the prize he's going for though. Maybe he knows what Delos is doing and he's forcing their hand. He has been given tremendous freedom of action. So he's either paying a shit ton of money or he knows something that they want to cover up. Or both. I like to think that they are partially fitting the events of the original movie into the TV show. That the insurrection was similar to the breakdown that happened in the movie. There are several points in the show that describe what the old hosts were like and they've shown a few. Recently Ed Harris' character was talking about it when he bled one out to keep another one going. Anyway-the feel of the park and the hosts in William's scenes is too close to what has been shown to be state of the art in the show's universe for me to buy the multiple timelines. I think they are purposefully drawing comparisons between the two characters to imply that the Man In Black isn't really a villain. That protagonists and antagonists are going to be morally ambiguous in this story, and that you can't really just easily pick a side when a conflict comes up.

listopencil 11-02-2016 05:18 PM

TL/DR:

Ed Harris is the guy that killed Yul Brynner in the movie.

Crazy idea:

Dolores is The Gunslinger (Yul Brynner).

Bowser 11-02-2016 05:22 PM

Stupid question - Is The Park an actual thousands of acres place, or is it like some type of holodeck technology where the caretakers can get in and out of quickly?

Buck 11-02-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12524676)
Stupid question - Is The Park an actual thousands of acres place, or is it like some type of holodeck technology where the caretakers can get in and out of quickly?

Supposedly it's a real place.

This is supposed to be where all the offices of Delos are inside of this plateau.

https://i.imgur.com/oyBcmTx.jpg

Deberg_1990 11-02-2016 05:32 PM

So I'm still not clear on if the hosts can harm humans or not?

It's been established they can't kill guests with guns. But what about other means? They show white hats BIL about to get strangled, then later on its implied that white hat leaves his BIL to get killed by the renegade soldiers.

Can they do physical harm with their bare hands to humans??

listopencil 11-02-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12524620)
If Harris in an android, he'd have to be pretty special because the bullets bounce off of him.

I think it's a software issue. The androids are constructed (now) to resemble a real human when shot. They rip open, they bleed, they require blood to operate so they will shut down when they run too low on blood. If an android shoots two targets side by side, one human and one android, the android will kill the android but only sting the human. With the same weapon. So that 'decision' to either maim or simply slightly injure must be built into the system. It could be a combination of the weapon and the android, or even something in the environment considering Ed Harris had to get permission to cause an explosion that freed him from his cell.

listopencil 11-02-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12524706)
So I'm still not clear on if the hosts can harm humans or not?

It's been established they can't kill guests with guns. But what about other means? They show white hats BIL about to get strangled, then later on its implied that white hat leaves his BIL to get killed by the renegade soldiers.

Can they do physical harm with their bare hands to humans??

I would say no. You get a feeling for how complex the AI of this universe is when Ed Harris threatens Anthony Hopkins with a knife.

listopencil 11-02-2016 05:47 PM

Think of it like this:

Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
<hr>http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html

The androids are roughing up Rodrigo Santoro when William escapes but he's smiling at the end of the scene because he knows he's not really in any danger. Now remember that every potentially dangerous item is controlled by the company. In one scene a fire wasn't started because the only host with the correct psychological blocks necessary to be allowed to handle an axe wasn't present. The guns don't function correctly when used against a human. The explosives Ed Harris used had to be authorized before they were allowed to work (also meaning that the nitro wasn't going to blow up on that train regardless of whether Dolores shot at it).

Buck 11-02-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12524736)
Think of it like this:

Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics"

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
<hr>http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html

The androids are roughing up Rodrigo Santoro when William escapes but he's smiling at the end of the scene because he knows he's not really in any danger. Now remember that every potentially dangerous item is controlled by the company. In one scene a fire wasn't started because the only host with the correct psychological blocks necessary to be allowed to handle an axe wasn't present. The guns don't function correctly when used against a human. The explosives Ed Harris used had to be authorized before they were allowed to work (also meaning that the nitro wasn't going to blow up on that train regardless of whether Dolores shot at it).

Rodrigo Santoro is actually not the friend of William. He is the gunslinger Hector (the guy who rolls into town with his posse...the one who Maeve wants to stab her in the stomach). He looks almost exactly the same as the guy playing Logan though.

listopencil 11-02-2016 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12524794)
Rodrigo Santoro is actually not the friend of William. He is the gunslinger Hector (the guy who rolls into town with his posse...the one who Maeve wants to stab her in the stomach). He looks almost exactly the same as the guy playing Logan though.

OK, thanks for the correction, I'm trying to be clear with all of these characters involved and I can't keep their names straight.

Buck 11-02-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12524819)
OK, thanks for the correction, I'm trying to be clear with all of these characters involved and I can't keep their names straight.

Yep, that's the issue with watching a new show.

Rodrigo Santoro (Hector):

http://i.imgur.com/W1HVcjU.jpg

Ben Barnes (Logan):

http://i.imgur.com/55lKJOA.jpg

Hector Left/Logan Right

http://i.imgur.com/i6IvKGG.png

listopencil 11-02-2016 06:43 PM

Dang. They actually look a lot more alike then I realized.

Bowser 11-02-2016 06:52 PM

Huh....

KC_Lee 11-02-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12524503)

:clap: ROFL