ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021493)
I didn't like The Avengers. But that said, I didn't say that I didn't like this show, but I do have a hard time understanding how it will move forward successfully in the absence of well-known Marvel superheroes.

I didn't care for the casting of Ming-Na. I like her as an actress, I just don't get her character. The two chickies were hotties and the other agent just "blah" to me.

Clark Gregg is the key and so far, he's delivered. But 24 episodes of Clark Gregg being the most interesting part of the show is a stretch, IMO.

I'm not really a Marvel guy, but I liked the show. I think major Marvel characters would prove a distraction from the team and their stories. I also like the fact that they can be chasing "new" heroes/villains each week while maintaining some other longer-term arcs.

Deberg_1990 09-28-2013 09:36 PM

Just finished watching. I thought it was decent. It definitely holds potential. I trust Whedon can mold and develop it. I like how they are tied into the Extremis stuff from IM3.

keg in kc 09-30-2013 09:09 PM

Sounds like they may be doing post-credits scenes like marvel movies have been doing. Rumor is the first one is tomorrow, with Samuel L. Jackson showing up as Fury.

keg in kc 10-01-2013 07:19 PM

Entertaining second ep. Feels like it's coming together.

CoMoChief 10-01-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10039162)

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/462...laughing-o.gif

Psyko Tek 10-01-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10018710)
What, there aren't any marvel c team characters to put in the pilot?

I thought the super hero guty was gonna be Luke Cage
but not
I liked it
love the hacker chick

I waited all night
Spoiler!

Psyko Tek 10-01-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10018822)
I'd be really surprised if Colbie Smulders makes a return appearance. I thought Coulson was way too glib. The explanation of his return was classic comic book murky. I don't think the Avengers tie-in is enough to keep this going.

they are called LMD( life model decoys) been in marvel since the 60's
did you see how fast coulson pulled away from the exploding door

he's a dupe and doesn't know it

Rausch 10-01-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10039162)

Ehhh....I'm a fanboy but I was underwhelmed...

Deberg_1990 10-01-2013 08:34 PM

Samuel L Jackson cameo?

keg in kc 10-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10039393)
Samuel L Jackson cameo?

Yeah. Though not a lot to it.

keg in kc 10-01-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10039349)
Ehhh....I'm a fanboy but I was underwhelmed...

You're a comic fanboy. I'm a whedon fanboy. I would imagine the show will always suit me more than you.

Buehler445 10-01-2013 09:29 PM

I'm liking it. I think the guys not liking it have inappropriate expectations.

Jamie 10-01-2013 09:36 PM

On the subject of Coulson's resurrection,
Spoiler!

Aries Walker 10-01-2013 09:43 PM

About that previous post,
Spoiler!

I did hear that next week, Our Heroes rescue a character whose name may be familiar to some of you. It's
Spoiler!

ragedogg69 10-01-2013 10:37 PM

Good. Some cheezy moments for sure. I saw Whedon's brother? co wrote this episode? After Persons of Interest, I no long get excited when family members of good writers make a TV show.

Pitt Gorilla 10-01-2013 11:58 PM

You know, they were one "terrarium" instead of "aquarium" away from Best Understated Joke Ever. Sooooo close.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2013 12:42 AM

I thought episode two was badass. If the show continues to maintain, it's a hit.

If it continues to ascend, it's a mega-hit.

Either way, I'm loving it.

On a side note, wasn't Coulson's aside to what's her name in reference to Ed Norton's Hulk?

Pitt Gorilla 10-02-2013 10:37 AM

I'm no fanboi (and still haven't seen many of the Marvel films), but I really did enjoy this episode.

whoman69 10-02-2013 11:40 AM

Not as cheesy as the first episode, but pilots have their own problems.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2013 12:16 PM

The ratings dropped a whopping 33% over the pilot.

I didn't think the pilot was "great" or even "good" but I didn't expect such a drastic drop, especially when Sleepy Hollow is somehow holding its ratings, yet that show is unwatchable, IMO.

AndChiefs 10-02-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10040867)

I didn't think the pilot was "great" or even "good" but I didn't expect such a drastic drop, especially when Sleepy Hollow is somehow holding its ratings, yet that show is unwatchable, IMO.

People are stupid?

ragedogg69 10-02-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 10041007)
People are stupid?

there is more truth in that than you will ever know.

Deberg_1990 10-02-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

I'm wondering if a majority of viewers were let down because they were expecting Superheroes?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefspants 10-02-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

It was also Ziva's last episode on NCIS, which may have influenced the Shield's ratings.

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10041566)
It was also Ziva's last episode on NCIS, which may have influenced the Shield's ratings.

I guess we'll find out next week

keg in kc 10-02-2013 05:09 PM

Final ratings were adjusted up slightly to a 3.3, which is still a huge drop from 4.7. 29% drop in viewers (12.12 to 8.66m).

I'm guessing it will be a heavily DVR'd show, however, regardless of how much they're pushing the "watch it live" stuff. They were advertising "20 million viewers the first week" during Castle Monday night, which means they had about +8 million views after the pilot's live airing.

I liked the 2nd episode more than the pilot, but that won't mean anything as far as retention. I don't have everyone slaved to my TV.

Next week will be interesting, first NCIS without Cote de Pablo.

(Regarding NCIS, their ratings were actually very slightly down from the season premiere, even being Ziva's last night.)

Still, I'm not sure I understand the logic of premiering any show against two competing networks' juggernauts.

Fish 10-02-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10039614)
On the subject of Coulson's resurrection,
Spoiler!

He's a robot....

Buehler445 10-02-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039914)
I thought episode two was badass. If the show continues to maintain, it's a hit.

On a side note, wasn't Coulson's aside to what's her name in reference to Ed Norton's Hulk?

Ah! That makes good sense. I'm just resigned to the fact that I'm going to miss a lot of those little plot plugs. But the ones I do get add a lot of value.

Buehler445 10-02-2013 10:36 PM

Regarding the ratings drop, what is the threshold of the show being in "trouble" ratings-wise? I know virtually nothing about the ratings systems.

Psyko Tek 10-02-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039914)

what;'s her name missed it?
I liked it better than the first
and the cameo was fun

Psyko Tek 10-02-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10042266)
He's a robot....

no he is not

Spoiler!

you get a no prize

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10042278)
what;'s her name missed it?
I liked it better than the first
and the cameo was fun

Camilla, the Peruvian chick that Coulson banged in the past.

Coulson thank her for her help with the past "issue", which I took to be the Ed Norton Hulk.

Aries Walker 10-03-2013 05:03 AM

It's actually Cecelia Reyes. She's a character in the comics who is nothing like she was in the show.

ragedogg69 10-03-2013 07:13 AM

I really hope they dive into the characters this next couple of episodes. Right now, the team is very generic. I feel they could all die on a mission and be okay starting over with a new team. Coulson and the pilot are the only characters that are at all interesting.

Also, Warming Glow pointed out that the past episode really didnt need to take place in the marvel universe. Replace they Hydra thing for a nuclear weapon, and it a generic Alias plotline from years ago.

whoman69 10-03-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Perhaps they consider Sleepy Hollow something different.

Rausch 10-08-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10042629)
I really hope they dive into the characters this next couple of episodes. Right now, the team is very generic. I feel they could all die on a mission and be okay starting over with a new team. Coulson and the pilot are the only characters that are at all interesting.

Also, Warming Glow pointed out that the past episode really didnt need to take place in the marvel universe. Replace they Hydra thing for a nuclear weapon, and it a generic Alias plotline from years ago.

Right now this will be axed by midseason.

Oh, and it looks like they introduced Graviton in this ep...

http://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/...iton_super.jpg

http://marvel.com/universe/Graviton

Aries Walker 10-08-2013 07:09 PM

Oh yeah. They totally did. They had announced that Franklin Hall would show up in this episode, so it wasn't a big surprise. They even set the start of it in Colorado, home of Thunderbolts Mountain.

And I think it will last, if for no other reason than ABC isn't exactly heavy on the big hit shows these days.

keg in kc 10-08-2013 11:08 PM

Ratings would most likely have to plummet a good bit further than they have so far for it to get axed. It's the 2nd highest rated show on the network right now, with a few programs still left to premiere.

keg in kc 10-08-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10065094)
Oh, and it looks like they introduced Graviton in this ep...

Yep, seems they did.

Silock 10-08-2013 11:13 PM

This show sucks.

I really want it to succeed.

AustinChief 10-08-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10066039)
This show sucks.

I really want it to succeed.

I wouldn't say it "sucks" but just like Sleepy Hollow it's a MASSIVE disappointment given what it could be.

Ok so yeah it kinda sucks.

Silock 10-09-2013 01:17 AM

IMO, Sleepy Hollow sucks, too. I'm on the third episode right now, trying to force myself to watch and I just want to turn it off.

Pitt Gorilla 10-09-2013 11:43 AM

With Shield, I like the show, but don't care for a few of the actors. The kid playing the "muscle" of the group is utterly forgettable. Fitz and Simmons are just about as uninteresting as him. The pilot, Sky, and New Adventures of Old Christine are all fine.

Buehler445 10-09-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10067044)
With Shield, I like the show, but don't care for a few of the actors. The kid playing the "muscle" of the group is utterly forgettable. Fitz and Simmons are just about as uninteresting as him. The pilot, Sky, and New Adventures of Old Christine are all fine.

I'll give wheedon time. You could have said the same thing about most of the firefly cast 3 episodes in.

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 12:14 PM

it feels pretty empty so far

the hacker chick is hot though

Pitt Gorilla 10-09-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10067108)
I'll give wheedon time. You could have said the same thing about most of the firefly cast 3 episodes in.

Disagree. Firefly did a much better job of establishing character early on. However, I'm not sure it matters. The actor that plays the badass dude is simply miscast, IMO. A friend and I have been trying to figure out who could fill that role, but we've come up with nothing. The current actor is bringing the show down, IMO.

Rausch 10-09-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

And it got cancelled...

Mr Luzcious 10-09-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

The cast of Agents feels really generic to me. That wasn't the case with Firefly.
The setting of the latter was more interesting too. Not that Agents doesn't have potential.. but they are definitely squandering it so far.

It's much, much more watchable than Sleepy Hollow, though.

keg in kc 10-09-2013 05:15 PM

The only character I don't like so far is the "I'm not a team player" male lead, but they're already starting to humanize him.

Fast overnights say ratings were down again, but not freefall like last week. 7.79 million (down from 8.66). 2nd highest rating of the night 18-49 at 2.8. Just a guess, but I would imagine that's about where it will stabilize. Looks like basically everything on the the air was down for the night.

Anyong Bluth 10-09-2013 09:25 PM

Has it gotten any better or still a snoozer?

I even like Coulsen and may be my 1 interest being peaked, but that pilot episode just kinda dragged, and I hope to got its not an episodic setup with these mini bad guys they take down each week so there's a resolution nicely wrapped with a bow on top each week?

Give me an overarching plot line - like Alias. That show had a terrific building overall plot that was able to fit within the structure of weekly subplots in a great way- until they purposely dumbed it down because viewers thought it was getting to complex.

Truly one of the more disappointing turns for a show that started to hit its stride and could have done great things only to have the network step in and force them to dumb it down.

Fat Elvis 10-09-2013 09:34 PM

I was hoping for really good things from this show, and I suppose the best thing about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is that The Goldbergs is on immediately after it.

keg in kc 10-09-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10068675)
I was hoping for really good things from this show, and I suppose the best thing about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is that The Goldbergs is on immediately after it.

I tried to watch that, and lasted about 2 minutes. Just god awful.

mnchiefsguy 10-10-2013 02:43 PM

The show officially got picked up for a full first season, according to their facebook page, so ABC must be pleased with the numbers.

Anyong Bluth 10-10-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10070417)
The show officially got picked up for a full first season, according to their facebook page, so ABC must be pleased with the numbers.

I'm sure they get good numbers, there's enough comic book super hero buzz and they promote the show a ton, that I'm sure plenty of viewers will tune even if the show is a pretty weak offering. They'll probably have enough of an audience of younger viewers to keep a fairly good base, but it may struggle to keep older viewers wanting to continue to tune in?

Jamie 10-10-2013 04:11 PM

With the exception of Firefly, all Whedon shows have taken a while to get their legs underneath them. Hopefully they'll get into a season arc soon, assuming ABC is letting them do one.

Baby Lee 10-10-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10067698)
And it got cancelled...

Perhaps the least popular cancellation in TV history.

CrazyPhuD 10-11-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10068657)
Has it gotten any better or still a snoozer?

I even like Coulsen and may be my 1 interest being peaked, but that pilot episode just kinda dragged, and I hope to got its not an episodic setup with these mini bad guys they take down each week so there's a resolution nicely wrapped with a bow on top each week?

Give me an overarching plot line - like Alias. That show had a terrific building overall plot that was able to fit within the structure of weekly subplots in a great way- until they purposely dumbed it down because viewers thought it was getting to complex.

Truly one of the more disappointing turns for a show that started to hit its stride and could have done great things only to have the network step in and force them to dumb it down.

I guess my issue with it right now is that it seems to lack an edge. It almost feels like an after school special or an episode of Power Rangers. :)

Maybe they're trying to channel a more retro batman style to start. It's just to nice, it needs to shake people awake a bit.

Plus the whole Coulson is a clone arc isn't going to surprise anyone when they're telegraphing it this badly.(lol I wonder if they'll change his name to 'Cloneson' after the reveal???)

It's just got too much of a retro campy feel to me, it needs it's edge.

keg in kc 10-11-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10070669)
With the exception of Firefly, all Whedon shows have taken a while to get their legs underneath them. Hopefully they'll get into a season arc soon, assuming ABC is letting them do one.

Firefly was a mess at the time. I'm not sure if you watched it back in '03, but for the people who didn't the first episode to air was "The Train Job", not the pilot ("Serenity"). Because Fox didn't like the pilot. Which eventually ended up nominated for a Hugo award. And that was just the first scheduling screwup by Fox. They aired a bunch of the episodes out of order. Which made it difficult at times to follow what was going on (characters would sometimes allude to things the audience hadn't even seen yet...).

Jamie 10-11-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10072092)
Firefly was a mess at the time. I'm not sure if you watched it back in '03, but for the people who didn't the first episode to air was "The Train Job", not the pilot ("Serenity"). Because Fox didn't like the pilot. Which eventually ended up nominated for a Hugo award. And that was just the first scheduling screwup by Fox. They aired a bunch of the episodes out of order. Which made it difficult at times to follow what was going on (characters would sometimes allude to things the audience hadn't even seen yet...).

I did watch it as it originally aired in 03, and my recollection is that even out of order it was clear three or four episodes in that it was gelling in a way that Buffy and Angel didn't until their second seasons.

I just looked up the aired order and 3rd through 5th episodes aired were Our Mrs. Reynolds, Jaynetown, and Out of Gas, so yeah. I remember there were references you didn't get in those episodes, but nothing that prevented you from following what was happening. It didn't really get confusing until after Out of Gas, when they jumped back to show the episodes they skipped.

Aries Walker 10-11-2013 04:43 PM

My problem with this show is that most of the characters aren't very interesting. Coulson was a great supporting character in the movies, but they're overdoing him here - granted, they've toned it back a little since the first episode, where every line he had was a smartass quip, but he's coming across as really contrived. Fitz and Simmons are glorified props, the same quirky, childish, idiosyncratic tech support/comic relief characters that so many police procedurals (Criminal Minds, NCIS, Hawaii Five-O) seem to have these days. The main dude character is dull, and his actor isn't very good. Melinda May isn't doing anything. Sky(e?) is as good as it gets, and even she's too much on the cutesy side.

I do like the tone, the setting, the special effects, the action scenes, most of the dialogue, how it fits in with the Avengers world, and even the simplistic plots. They all more or less work for me. It's been picked up for a full 22; I predict major cameos and the giving-away of Coulson's 'secret' for November sweeps.

Pitt Gorilla 10-11-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10073671)
My problem with this show is that most of the characters aren't very interesting. Coulson was a great supporting character in the movies, but they're overdoing him here - granted, they've toned it back a little since the first episode, where every line he had was a smartass quip, but he's coming across as really contrived. Fitz and Simmons are glorified props, the same quirky, childish, idiosyncratic tech support/comic relief characters that so many police procedurals (Criminal Minds, NCIS, Hawaii Five-O) seem to have these days. The main dude character is dull, and his actor isn't very good. Melinda May isn't doing anything. Sky(e?) is as good as it gets, and even she's too much on the cutesy side.

I do like the tone, the setting, the special effects, the action scenes, most of the dialogue, how it fits in with the Avengers world, and even the simplistic plots. They all more or less work for me. It's been picked up for a full 22; I predict major cameos and the giving-away of Coulson's 'secret' for November sweeps.

The main (non-Coulson) guy is unbearable. The writing and the acting are terrible.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2013 08:10 PM

The quality of this program is dropping from week to week. Even though ABC picked up the option for a full season, the numbers will drop if they don't increase the quality of the writing.

Buehler445 10-11-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10074118)
The quality of this program is dropping from week to week. Even though ABC picked up the option for a full season, the numbers will drop if they don't increase the quality of the writing.

I haven't seen much of a dropoff. I think the first episode is so far the weakest.

And hoooooooly shit Sky is hot. Her running around in the pink dress all wet. Jesus. I need a minute.

whoman69 10-11-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10071225)
Perhaps the least popular cancellation in TV history.

There was this show cancelled back in 1969 that a few people were upset about.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10074231)
I haven't seen much of a dropoff. I think the first episode is so far the weakest.

And hoooooooly shit Sky is hot. Her running around in the pink dress all wet. Jesus. I need a minute.

Really? I thought the episode based in Peru was much better and more exciting.

The VFX in this week's episode where laughable, IMO, as was the acting.

It's so rote.

Psyko Tek 10-11-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

nope
after mal kicked the guy into the engine I was hooked
yes I know it
pilot
real pilot
first show save it

Psyko Tek 10-11-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10070669)

Joss just made them a billion on the avengers I think he can play in tv if he wants to
please give me an after serenity

CrazyPhuD 10-11-2013 10:04 PM

This show will make through season 1. They'll add Summer Glau to the cast in Season 2 and then the show is doomed. The only exception would be if she was Chloe Bennet's love interest.

Psyko Tek 10-11-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10072092)

I am a big firefly fan,
and here is how it happened
I was pissed fox canceled the dark angel (jessica alba) series
buy never took the record of my VCR we went to the drive in every friday to see what was ion
one night I came home
interweb was out
and a started watching what was recorded saw the evil german catch and torture mal and walsh so went to bittorrent to catch up
fell in love when crow got kicked into the engine

and now I am waiting for that magic to happen on shield

they have got a full season
bring on the calvary( i do not know her name) as lead
and as coulson realizes he is an LMD he will go renagade
and let the team figure out his private agenda

keg in kc 10-11-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 10074430)
This show will make through season 1. They'll add Summer Glau to the cast in Season 2 and then the show is doomed. The only exception would be if she was Chloe Bennet's love interest.

She's show-killing Arrow now.

CrazyPhuD 10-11-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10074593)

:shrug: that just means she'll be free to kill season 2 when it starts filming!

keg in kc 10-11-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 10074601)
:shrug: that just means she'll be free to kill season 2 when it starts filming!

I'm sure she can find time to kill a midseason show and maybe a summer show on USA in between.

007 10-12-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10074593)

Yeah, I groaned when I saw her show up in the first ep. :banghead:

keg in kc 10-12-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10074847)
Yeah, I groaned when I saw her show up in the first ep. :banghead:

The first ep, which was awesome....

and had a 30% drop in viewers from last season.

:banghead:

007 10-12-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10074879)
The first ep, which was awesome....

and had a 30% drop in viewers from last season.

:banghead:

I wonder if the last start to the new season and lack of advertising the new season hurt viewership.

Mr. Laz 10-15-2013 06:45 PM

Episode is better tonight

Aries Walker 10-15-2013 07:23 PM

You thought tonight's was better? I thought the main guest actress couldn't act to save her life, the plot was simplistic and anticlimactic, the special effects sucked, and every character was being really stupid.

Oh, also
Spoiler!

keg in kc 10-15-2013 09:10 PM

Tonight's seemed like the weakest so far to me.

Valiant 10-15-2013 09:20 PM

I am fine giving shows a season to build. Networks should not give up so easy with internet viewership and dvds..

It would be great if it were a hit from the start, but that shit is lightning in a bottle. Hell even that goes wrong after heroes season 1.

DaneMcCloud 10-20-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10090283)
I am fine giving shows a season to build. Networks should not give up so easy with internet viewership and dvds.

Internet viewership? That doesn't generate income, which comes from advertising dollars.

And creating DVD boxed sets isn't inexpensive, either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10090283)
It would be great if it were a hit from the start, but that shit is lightning in a bottle. Hell even that goes wrong after heroes season 1.

Shows need to hit certain numbers immediately. If the cost of producing and promoting a program outweighs the money generated, it's obvious that those programs need to be cancelled.

Finding an audience can be difficult but it's up to the network execs to make the decisions to cut or extend programs, as their careers depend on being "right".