ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We better draft this mother****er (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265999)

Chief Roundup 01-06-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9288831)
So you believe this team needs a DE more than they need to get Arenas the **** off the field?

ROFL

If we lose Jackson and Dorsey. Yes I do.

Priest31kc 01-06-2013 04:07 PM

Every team has holes and positions of need or positions where they can upgrade. No team is perfect.

Get a ****ing QB in here and we'll be competing.

We already replaced our shit coaching staff with a much better one, same in the front office.

Yes, we want to make our team as good as possible around our QB. But if we have a few holes at ILB and DE and safety, its not the end of the world.

We havent had a good QB for so long, that we're not used to winning even with a bunch of holes everywhere else.

jd1020 01-06-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9288845)
If we lose Jackson and Dorsey. Yes I do.

Even if we lose them your belief is stupid.

UDFA's can do what Jackson and Dorsey have been doing.

O.city 01-06-2013 04:08 PM

Toribio, Pitoatua, Smith, were all just as good as Jackson and Dorsey. You can get adequate DL other than the high draft areas.

Now, if we are switching to a 1 gap, we will need better DL play.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9288823)
There is no way the need for 1 CB is more important than the need of 2 DE. This is a QB driven league. We need DLine to go along with our current pass rush to disrupt the opponents QB play.
The good defenses always have a better front 7 than the secondary.

You're smoking crack

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9288851)
Every team has holes and positions of need or positions where they can upgrade. No team is perfect.

Get a ****ing QB in here and we'll be competing.

We already replaced our shit coaching staff with a much better one, same in the front office.

Yes, we want to make our team as good as possible around our QB. But if we have a few holes at ILB and DE and safety, its not the end of the world.

We havent had a good QB for so long, that we're not used to winning even with a bunch of holes everywhere else.

More dumb shit.

The Chiefs gave up a franchise record number of points this year. Their secondary, outside of Flowers and Berry, were absolutely garbage.

I don't want to hear this shit about how you need spend money and high draft picks on defensive ends, when they don't rush the passer in the 3-4 defense.

If the Chiefs NEED find a solid #2 CB in the draft or free agency. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid starting safety opposite Berry. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid ILB next to Johnson in the draft or free agency.

Defensive end is the very LEAST of their worries.

Chief Roundup 01-06-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288873)
You're smoking crack

Oh really. Do you think that the Ravens, Steelers, 49ers have a better secondary than they do in thier front 7?

If you do you are the one smokin crack.

O.city 01-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288890)
More dumb shit.

The Chiefs gave up a franchise record number of points this year. Their secondary, outside of Flowers and Berry, were absolutely garbage.

I don't want to hear this shit about how you need spend money and high draft picks on defensive ends, when they don't rush the passer in the 3-4 defense.

If the Chiefs NEED find a solid #2 CB in the draft or free agency. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid starting safety opposite Berry. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid ILB next to Johnson in the draft or free agency.

Defensive end is the very LEAST of their worries.

Agree.

But we also scored a record few amount of points this year. So we need help on both sides.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9288896)
Oh really. Do you think that the Ravens, Steelers, 49ers have a better secondary than they do in thier front 7?

If you do you are the

I am the what?

You're a ****ing reerun.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9288903)
Agree.

But we also scored a record few amount of points this year. So we need help on both sides.

Outside of starting and backup QB's, the Chiefs have plenty of weapons in order to compete in 2013, especially with Andy Reid calling the plays.

But the defense will get shredded if they don't upgrade the safety and #2 CB position and at least address the ILB position with an even average starter.

As I said earlier, if they won't or can't, the Chiefs will lose a lot of games 41-38.

jd1020 01-06-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288915)
Outside of starting and backup QB's, the Chiefs have plenty of weapons in order to compete in 2013, especially with Andy Reid calling the plays.

But the defense will get shredded if they don't upgrade the safety and #2 CB position and at least address the ILB position with an even average starter.

As I said earlier, if they won't or can't, the Chiefs will lose a lot of games 41-38.

Chiefs still need a deep threat to spread the field.

S is at the bottom of the barrel of needs, imo.

Chief Roundup 01-06-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288908)
I am the what?

You're a ****ing reerun.

I hate the touchpad on this dell. It cannot be turned off. It pisses me off all the time. Because the mouse defaults to the submit hot key. When I accidently touched the pad on this laptop it submitted before I was ready.

Always nice to see you have to go to insults as usual.

O.city 01-06-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Agree.

Although I don't think ILB beside DJ, in the 34, is a high impact guy. It needs upgraded, but a smart pick in the 3 or 4 round can fill that spot.

htismaqe 01-06-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Outside of Bowe, they've got literally JACK and SHIT at WR.

The need to address #2 CB and S. People are way too concerned about the ILB position.

Chiefshrink 01-06-2013 04:24 PM

To win the big games besides having a good QB is a great pass rush in the 4th qrtr - Bill Walsh

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9288953)

How can you make that determination when Daboll was a ****ing reerun? Also, Cassel and Quinn were historically bad.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Breaston went from a $25 million dollar, solid #2 or #3 receiver to complete shit in one offseason. And Baldwin has talent. And Wylie was a 4th rounder.

Even an average QB will improve their numbers.

Quote:

The need to address #2 CB and S. People are way too concerned about the ILB position.

Way too concerned? So, you're comfortable starting Silar in 2013? I disliked Belcher greatly, yet Silar was behind him.

I'm not advocating spending a Day One or Day Two pick on ILB. But the position needs to be addressed before opening day.

htismaqe 01-06-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288998)
How can you make that determination when Daboll was a ****ing reerun? Also, Cassel and Quinn were historically bad.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Breaston went from a $25 million dollar, solid #2 or #3 receiver to complete shit in one offseason. And Baldwin has talent. And Wylie was a 4th rounder.

Even an average QB will improve their numbers.

Way too concerned? So, you're comfortable starting Silar in 2013? I disliked Belcher greatly, yet Silar was behind him.

I'm not advocating spending a Day One or Day Two pick on ILB. But the position needs to be addressed before opening day.

I don't have a problem with addressing ILB in the draft. We have 2 or 3 bigger needs.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9288955)
To win the big games besides having a good QB is a great pass rush in the 4th qrtr - Bill Walsh

Thanks for letting everyone know that the Chiefs need a quarterback, Genius.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9289005)
I don't have a problem with addressing ILB in the draft. We have 2 or 3 bigger needs.

IMO, QB, CB, safety and ILB are the Chiefs biggest needs (in that order).

Until we know Bowe's status, I'm unconcerned with WR. If he bails, there are free agency options.

SAUTO 01-06-2013 04:36 PM

Skov in the 4th would be nice if we stay 34
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 01-06-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

In order of importance:

1. QB
2. CB
3. MLB
4. FS
5. WR

And the wide receiver spot is contingent upon Breaston staying and Baldwin's capability of being a positive reclimation project and what they plan to do with McCluster.

Breaston obviously had problems with the idiocy of Pioli, Crennel and Daboll. I can't fault him and he's a good #3.

I feel that Baldwin can be effective if we actually had someone that could throw the ball more than 5 yards.

McCluster...eh. He was getting touches and had his best season in 2012. That's not saying much, but, again, when you are playing with Cassel/Quinn in a Daboll directed offense, you don't have that much to work with in the first place.

Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston/McCluster is okay, and you've got fallback guys like Wylie and a guy who I think can be a decent receiver in the right system in Junior Hemingway. The guy is a brick and had really nice hands in college.

In58men 01-06-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9289401)
In order of importance:

1. QB
2. CB
3. MLB
4. FS
5. WR

And the wide receiver spot is contingent upon Breaston staying and Baldwin's capability of being a positive reclimation project and what they plan to do with McCluster.

Breaston obviously had problems with the idiocy of 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli, Crennel and Daboll. I can't fault him and he's a good #3.

I feel that Baldwin can be effective if we actually had someone that could throw the ball more than 5 yards.

McCluster...eh. He was getting touches and had his best season in 2012. That's not saying much, but, again, when you are playing with Cassel/Quinn in a Daboll directed offense, you don't have that much to work with in the first place.

Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston/McCluster is okay, and you've got fallback guys like Wylie and a guy who I think can be a decent receiver in the right system in Junior Hemingway. The guy is a brick and had really nice hands in college.

I don't trust our OL. Especially if we let Albert go.

That's a high priority imo

RunKC 01-06-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9289017)
Skov in the 4th would be nice if we stay 34
Posted via Mobile Device

I want this dude in a KC jersey next year. Don't think he'll make it to the 4th rd though.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9289422)

The Chiefs won't allow Albert to leave. There's no way they start the year with Stephenson or a rookie QB and rookie LT.

The offensive line is fine. They need a swing guard that can play center and little else.

Saccopoo 01-06-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9289422)

I don't see Albert leaving unless he's offered ridiculous level money, and I don't see that happening either.

Albert
Allen
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston

is a solid line, especially if you let it grow as a group. Footwork, blocking schemes, etc. all are a lot easier when you have continuity versus putting in a new guy every year. Stephenson has some talent and the tools, so there's your OT backup.

And you don't need to spend draft picks on interior o-line positions. That's what free agency is for.

Blaize Foltz out of TCU, would be nice as a UDFA.

Quote:

Expected to be a steadying force along the offensive line for the Horned Frogs since playing in all 12 games and starting two as a redshirt freshman in 2009, Foltz suffered a torn ACL midway through the 2010 season and didn't emerge as a standout until last year.

Starting all 12 games at right guard, Foltz earned First Team All-Mountain West honors and was recognized by CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman as one of this year's "Freak" athletes due to his incredible weight-room strength. Foltz is credited with a bench press of 580 pounds, an 800 pound squat, an incline bench of 530 pounds and a 430 pound clean and jerk.

"Honestly, we've gotten to a point where we stop him now for safety sake," TCU offensive line coach Eddie Williamson told Feldman. "He could probably do even more than what those numbers indicate if we didn't."

O.city 01-06-2013 06:04 PM

Castillo will improve the offensive line as well, if he's brought in. Same with an actual QB.

NJChiefsFan 01-06-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9289459)
The Chiefs won't allow Albert to leave. There's no way they start the year with Stephenson or a rookie QB and rookie LT.

The offensive line is fine. They need a swing guard that can play center and little else.

I agree. I can't see them letting Albert go. They find one more guy for the inside and the line is looking pretty good. Not to mention pretty young.

DeezNutz 01-06-2013 07:40 PM

'13 Baldwin will be a fascinating statement about Pioli and the coaching staff he assembled.

NJChiefsFan 01-06-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9290046)
'13 Baldwin will be a fascinating statement about 'Team-killer' Pioli and the coaching staff he assembled.

As well as the QBs.

DeezNutz 01-06-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9290054)
As well as the QBs.

But we know that statement already. Utter failure, which is why the regime is new.

The jury is still out on whether or not Baldwin has NFL talent.

NJChiefsFan 01-06-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9290057)
But we know that statement already. Utter failure, which is why the regime is new.

The jury is still out on whether or not Baldwin has NFL talent.

I thought we already knew the statement about the staff and Pioli as well? I thought you were implying that we will see if Baldwin was being held back, which would be by both the staff and the QBs(plus his shortcomings).

SAUTO 01-06-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9290046)
'13 Baldwin will be a fascinating statement about Pioli and the coaching staff he assembled.

true true
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-06-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9290072)
I thought we already knew the statement about the staff and 'Team-killer' Pioli as well? I thought you were implying that we will see if Baldwin was being held back, which would be by both the staff and the QBs(plus his shortcomings).

Gotcha. Misinterpretation on my part.

KC native 01-06-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9289480)
I don't see Albert leaving unless he's offered ridiculous level money, and I don't see that happening either.

Albert
Allen
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston

is a solid line, especially if you let it grow as a group. Footwork, blocking schemes, etc. all are a lot easier when you have continuity versus putting in a new guy every year. Stephenson has some talent and the tools, so there's your OT backup.

And you don't need to spend draft picks on interior o-line positions. That's what free agency is for.

Blaize Foltz out of TCU, would be nice as a UDFA.

Yes, Blaine Foltz would be nice (and that's not just because I'm an alumnus). That kid played his heart out for TCU over his career and would be the type of lineman the Chiefs have historically gone after.

Thig Lyfe 01-06-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9288682)
1) Geno Smith, QB
2) Xavior Rhodes, CB
3a) Stedman Bailey, WR
3b) Shayne Skov, ILB
4) Zac Dysert/EJ Manuel/Landry Jones, QB
5) Zeke Motta, S

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...n-approves.gif