ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official 2018-19 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314956)

duncan_idaho 10-21-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13830994)
Evidently the team also thinks there's a decent chance Dru Smith gets a waiver and is eligible this season.

Jackson is a huge get if they can hang onto him. They need a replacement 4 in a big way. I think he was probably waiting to see how the Liddell decision went and when that playing time opened up, he made the switch...

Dru Smith being eligible would be huge. I think this squad would be better than last year’s version if that’s the case.

Archie Bunker 10-21-2018 05:39 PM

Well shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Mizzou’s Jontay Porter suffers knee injury during secret Sunday scrimmage. Fear is ACL. <a href="https://t.co/foUo8kTazW">https://t.co/foUo8kTazW</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/status/1054154352259145728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Priest31kc 10-21-2018 05:40 PM

Lol so Mizzou

The Porters are brittle

This season just took a huge nosedive

-King- 10-21-2018 05:49 PM

Lmao our luck is so shitty
Posted via Mobile Device

Jerm 10-21-2018 05:50 PM

Because. Mizzou. Ugh.

duncan_idaho 10-21-2018 05:59 PM

It’s not just the boys. All the girls have major injury issues, too.

The oldest girl blew an acl 3 times. The next one just took a medical retirement.

Shit sucks

Sassy Squatch 10-21-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 13832463)
Well shit

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Mizzou’s Jontay Porter suffers knee injury during secret Sunday scrimmage. Fear is ACL. <a href="https://t.co/foUo8kTazW">https://t.co/foUo8kTazW</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Rosen (@jeff_rosen88) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/status/1054154352259145728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 21, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What can you do but laugh at this teams rotten luck?

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-21-2018 06:20 PM

The most cursed institution in all of sports

WhawhaWhat 10-21-2018 07:13 PM

Add it to the list.

Titty Meat 10-21-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13832621)
The most cursed institution in all of sports

This wasnt as bad as his brother. This team was an NIT team that's now not an NIT team

KChiefs1 10-21-2018 08:05 PM

Have confirmed with a team spokesperson that Missouri forward Jontay Porter tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee during a scrimmage against Southern Illinois this morning. He will almost certainly miss the entire season. Obviously a massive blow for Missouri.

Here's the release from Mizzou:

COLUMBIA, MO. – Mizzou sophomore forward Jontay Porter suffered a season-ending knee injury during a closed scrimmage vs. Southern Illinois on Sunday. Porter tore his anterior cruciate ligament and his medial collateral ligament, and will be sidelined for the 2018-19 campaign.

No additional comment from the Mizzou Men’s Basketball program will be provided at this time.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-21-2018 09:11 PM

Bet he's regretting the draft decision

dlphg9 10-21-2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13833883)
Have confirmed with a team spokesperson that Missouri forward Jontay Porter tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee during a scrimmage against Southern Illinois this morning. He will almost certainly miss the entire season. Obviously a massive blow for Missouri.

Here's the release from Mizzou:

COLUMBIA, MO. – Mizzou sophomore forward Jontay Porter suffered a season-ending knee injury during a closed scrimmage vs. Southern Illinois on Sunday. Porter tore his anterior cruciate ligament and his medial collateral ligament, and will be sidelined for the 2018-19 campaign.

No additional comment from the Mizzou Men’s Basketball program will be provided at this time.

Jesus ****ing Christ. God damn shit luck for him and the usual shit ****ing luck for us.

Archie Bunker 10-26-2018 06:05 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Mark Smith has been granted his waiver 👀 <a href="https://t.co/etLW5yuCYS">https://t.co/etLW5yuCYS</a></p>&mdash; Sam Snelling (@SamTSnelling) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamTSnelling/status/1055973258716241920?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho 10-26-2018 07:10 PM

It’s confirmed.

Imagine this is a good sign for Dru Smith, too!

Pitt Gorilla 10-26-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13846104)
It’s confirmed.

Imagine this is a good sign for Dru Smith, too!

Damn. Those two with Jontay would have been nice.

OKchiefs 10-26-2018 07:58 PM

Maybe it's been mentioned, but anyone think there's a possibility Jontay comes back next year now?

dlphg9 10-26-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13846169)
Maybe it's been mentioned, but anyone think there's a possibility Jontay comes back next year now?

That'd be pretty smart. Hell the injury may drop him to a 2n rounder and if it does there is no point for him to not come back for year 3. He's no where near the talent of his bro and he dropped way further than anyone could have imagined.

Hopefully Tilmon can pull his head of his ass and play more than a quarter of a game and this could be the start of a really good run.

dlphg9 10-26-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 13846169)

That'd be pretty smart. Hell the injury may drop him to a 2n rounder and if it does there is no point for him to not come back for year 3. He's no where near the talent of his bro and he dropped way further than anyone could have imagined.

Hopefully Tilmon can pull his head of his ass and play more than a quarter of a game and this could be the start of a really good run.

DJ's left nut 10-26-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13846194)

Jontays entire family has a history of knee troubles; ruined at least 1 sisters career and I think 2.

He needs to go pro. If the other one gives up (and it easily could), he'll never make a dime as a pro.

His skill level wasnt what kept him out of the draft. His conditioning and strength was. He can work on both of those heading into the draft and keep himself in the 1st round.

The risk is too great at this point - dude's gotta go pro.

OKchiefs 10-26-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13846297)
Jontays entire family has a history of knee troubles; ruined at least 1 sisters career and I think 2.

He needs to go pro. If the other one gives up (and it easily could), he'll never make a dime as a pro.

His skill level wasnt what kept him out of the draft. His conditioning and strength was. He can work on both of those heading into the draft and keep himself in the 1st round.

The risk is too great at this point - dude's gotta go pro.

Can he really work on those with an ACL and MCL tear? I doubt he'll be recovered in time to prepare fully for the draft.

Priest31kc 10-27-2018 10:16 AM

Man with both the Smiths' possibly being eligible this year, it just makes Jontay's injury more shitty. Mizzou's luck is just terrible.

Oh well. Still looking forward to the season.

duncan_idaho 10-27-2018 11:01 AM

Could be surprised, but I expect Porter to declare and just get to the league now. He won’t slip past the second.

For a family whose genetics seem destined for a breakdown, it’s the best play.

Sounds like Dru Smith’s eligibility is less of a slam dunk approval. Have seen some reports it was initially denied, but no confirmation.

I think Mark Smith will held a ton, though, regardless. Having a combo guard alongside Geist/Pinson should help quite a bit.

I’d expect:

Geist
Mark Smith
Watson
Puryear
Tilmon

As the starting 5. Hopefully Mitchell Smith can bump Nikko back into 4th big man territory.

Not sure what they’ll get from KJ Santos. His foot has been an issue for a while, but if he can get healthy, he probably can adequately defend and rebound from the 4, which would set you up offensively to replace some of the skill sets you lose with Porter out.

OKchiefs 10-27-2018 11:47 AM

Sucks for this year, but I'm excited for 2019/2020 with the two Smiths and McKinney/Jackson coming in next year. We'll be pretty guard heavy at that point, maybe we can pick up a big in the late signing period or by transfer.

KChiefs1 10-27-2018 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 13846779)
Could be surprised, but I expect Porter to declare and just get to the league now. He won’t slip past the second.

For a family whose genetics seem destined for a breakdown, it’s the best play.

Sounds like Dru Smith’s eligibility is less of a slam dunk approval. Have seen some reports it was initially denied, but no confirmation.

I think Mark Smith will held a ton, though, regardless. Having a combo guard alongside Geist/Pinson should help quite a bit.

I’d expect:

Geist
Mark Smith
Watson
Puryear
Tilmon

As the starting 5. Hopefully Mitchell Smith can bump Nikko back into 4th big man territory.

Not sure what they’ll get from KJ Santos. His foot has been an issue for a while, but if he can get healthy, he probably can adequately defend and rebound from the 4, which would set you up offensively to replace some of the skill sets you lose with Porter out.

There’s something in that Porter gene that breaks down at 18-21. Too bad because the talent is undeniable.

duncan_idaho 10-27-2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13846895)
There’s something in that Porter gene that breaks down at 18-21. Too bad because the talent is undeniable.

Mostly genetics, possibly helped by the vegan diet. From the way they describe what they eat, I wonder if they’re getting all the essentials needed to build connective tissue up.

CoMoChief 10-27-2018 12:43 PM

Man that is just a shame.

dlphg9 10-27-2018 12:48 PM

Maybe something bad will happen at Ohio State and Lidell will come crawling back to us lol.

duncan_idaho 10-27-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13846957)
Maybe something bad will happen at Ohio State and Lidell will come crawling back to us lol.

Always possible, but it sounds like he’ll sign in November.

Sully 12-03-2018 10:34 AM

In today's episode of "Pipe Dreams and What'll Never Happen," I'd sure love to grab Hoiberg after the season.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-03-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 13932596)
In today's episode of "Pipe Dreams and What'll Never Happen," I'd sure love to grab Hoiberg after the season.

And fire Cuonzo?

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-03-2018 11:43 AM

BTW, an absolute heist of a victory yesterday. That game will drive UCF nuts for months. As one would expect for a team without a solid offensive system and no established go-to scorer, Mizzou could not get a good look in the closing stretch, but a few miracle plays (the in-bounds bouncing off a defender and straight to Geist underneath the basket, and the buzzer beater off a constipated, nothing play) overcame the offensive incompetence (inability to beat the five second clock when down 1 with 15 seconds left).

This team is likely an SEC cellar dweller, but they battle their asses off. Tilmon has shown growth on the defensive side, but his offense needs similar progression. All the young guards are just that--young.

Sully 12-03-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13932806)
And fire Cuonzo?

I have to be honest, and I'm willing to bet just about veryone in this thread has watched it more closely than I have, but I am not the biggest Cuonzo fan. I was lukewarm to cold on the hire, till I saw the recruits (Porters, Tillmon). But my amateur eye sees a poorly coached team that has trouble often completing an inbounds pass. His resume reds as underachieving.
I love what he does to build young men. I think he's a good man. I won't hate if he is actually here. I just think we could upgrade.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-03-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 13932907)
I have to be honest, and I'm willing to bet just about veryone in this thread has watched it more closely than I have, but I am not the biggest Cuonzo fan. I was lukewarm to cold on the hire, till I saw the recruits (Porters, Tillmon). But my amateur eye sees a poorly coached team that has trouble often completing an inbounds pass. His resume reds as underachieving.
I love what he does to build young men. I think he's a good man. I won't hate if he is actually here. I just think we could upgrade.

He needs a good offensive second. There's no doubt about that. That aside, I think he's the kind of coach a program like Missouri needs if it wants to eventually build itself back up to a top-15 school. I don't think there are many coaches that could have overcome losing lottery picks with depleted rosters in consecutive seasons.

The excuses people used for Kim Anderson, which were invalid, actually apply to Cuonzo. I think that by year four this team will show some real signs of competing.

Sully 12-03-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13932921)
He needs a good offensive second. There's no doubt about that. That aside, I think he's the kind of coach a program like Missouri needs if it wants to eventually build itself back up to a top-15 school. I don't think there are many coaches that could have overcome losing lottery picks with depleted rosters in consecutive seasons.

The excuses people used for Kim Anderson, which were invalid, actually apply to Cuonzo. I think that by year four this team will show some real signs of competing.

I'll take your word for it, as I'm sure you have more knowledge on the subject. I'm just disheartened right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-03-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 13932961)
I'll take your word for it, as I'm sure you have more knowledge on the subject. I'm just disheartened right now.

I totally get that. I've been checked out on a large portion of this season, too. We were supposed to get three years of Porters and ended up with one. We were robbed of seeing the most talented player Columbia has ever produced play for the hometown team. It is disheartening. It's...Mizzou.

However, to be a fan and maintain your sanity, I think you have to have a mixture of gallows humor and a quixotic nature.

Sully 12-03-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13932981)
I totally get that. I've been checked out on a large portion of this season, too. We were supposed to get three years of Porters and ended up with one. We were robbed of seeing the most talented player Columbia has ever produced play for the hometown team. It is disheartening. It's...Mizzou.

However, to be a fan and maintain your sanity, I think you have to have a mixture of gallows humor and a quixotic nature.

I have a really close friend who graduated from Georgia. he's such a great guy and such a die hard that I root for the Bulldogs for him. When they choked it away the other night, I told him it was probably my fault from bringing my bad KC/Mizzou juju to the table by rooting for them.

DJ's left nut 12-03-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13932921)

I was at the Temple game; have some impressions that I just never got around to posting about individual players but they mostly just got lost in the fight the team displayed.

They had several opportunities to fold up and go home but they didn't. That game looked lost 3-4 times and yet a stop/score late and they'd have stolen it.

Cuonzo's teams battle their asses off, man. And yeah, the guards are super young and the inbounds shit...lord God how do we still keep messing that up? But these teams are tenacious and that's a reflection on him.

I absolutely think Cuonzo has flaws as a coach and there will be cries for his head far more often than there should be precisely because of them. But he's also exactly what the program needs, IMO. He's a great fit here and I do think he can get them back to being an annual tournament team. The resources are there; he just needs to re-build the depth and recruiting pipelines. It'll come together in time.

Pitt Gorilla 12-03-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13932835)
BTW, an absolute heist of a victory yesterday. That game will drive UCF nuts for months. As one would expect for a team without a solid offensive system and no established go-to scorer, Mizzou could not get a good look in the closing stretch, but a few miracle plays (the in-bounds bouncing off a defender and straight to Geist underneath the basket, and the buzzer beater off a constipated, nothing play) overcame the offensive incompetence (inability to beat the five second clock when down 1 with 15 seconds left).

This team is likely an SEC cellar dweller, but they battle their asses off. Tilmon has shown growth on the defensive side, but his offense needs similar progression. All the young guards are just that--young.

The team clearly misses Jontay, but it misses Robertson even more.

DJ's left nut 12-03-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13933061)
The team clearly misses Jontay, but it misses Robertson even more.

Hell, they haven't even found a replacement for Barnett. Puryear's trying to do it but he's just doesn't have the range.

Mark Smith is doing his best Cash impression and doing an okay job of it at times; just not as reliable as Robertson was. That's going to be a damn nice upper classman as he matures, IMO.

ChiefsCountry 12-03-2018 01:09 PM

Did I hear you guys right that Zo's teams are having a hard time with inbound plays? Holy shit that was our bread and butter plays when he was with the Bears. We won multiple games on inbound plays he drew up.

Patience he is building that pipeline from St. Louis which is going to be the key to being a very solid to very good program.

Al Bundy 12-03-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13932835)

This Knights team isn't making the tournament and this game will go a long way in that.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-19-2018 11:17 AM

Nice win last night. Cuonzo knows how to make rugged teams.

DJ's left nut 12-19-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13970913)
Nice win last night. Cuonzo knows how to make rugged teams.

I like this team.

It's not a tournament squad but they bust their asses and keep at it. They're gonna have some uuuuuugly nights when Smith's shot isn't falling and Tilmon gets in foul trouble because Watson just isn't ready yet and the rest of the team is largely complementary players.

But guys like Pinson and Pickett are going to be nice 4-year players. Pickett's better than I expected him to be and Pinson is gonna be a force, IMO. That kid sees the floor in a big way.

Next year they'll be able to run some hellacious 4-guard lineups out there with Pinson, Smith, Smith and Watson (though Watson can play some 3 probably). They'll also have some serious guard depth with Pickett and some of the incoming recruits.

They still need more size but that will come; Jackson should help there and I don't think Tilmon's a candidate to leave early yet. Mitchell Smith will be able to absorb some minutes at the 4 as well. I guess Santos but I'm just kind of ignoring him at this point. Would like to see that last scholly go to a decent big but I'd imagine it goes to the greyshirt walk-on kid who's name immediately escapes me. I think Reed Nikko is still around to play 5 minutes a game and hopefully not foul anyone.

Should be a damn athletic team.

Pitt Gorilla 12-22-2018 08:45 PM

Why is brad underwood’s head so fat?

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-22-2018 08:48 PM

Puryear is such a dogshit player

Pitt Gorilla 12-22-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13977233)
Puryear is such a dogshit player

i thought he had a pretty steady night. 2-2 from 3 was big.

Mizzou was the better coached team by a country mile. No idea what people see in Underwood’s fat head.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-22-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13977450)
i thought he had a pretty steady night. 2-2 from 3 was big.

Mizzou was the better coached team by a country mile. No idea what people see in Underwood’s fat head.

They kicked it in to another gear the last twelve minutes. That was an impressive finish.

Pitt Gorilla 12-22-2018 10:09 PM

Emotional Cuonzo after the game was perfect. Dude owns STL.

KChiefs1 12-22-2018 11:23 PM

Could this year's team without Jontay be better than last year's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlphg9 12-22-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13978438)
Could this year's team without Jontay be better than last year's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know, time will tell. It seems as though they are starting to gel though. Just imagine if Mizzou wasn't cursed and Jontay didn't blow out his knee.

Titty Meat 12-23-2018 12:07 AM

Illinois is terrible MU needed to win that 1

ChiefsCountry 12-23-2018 12:11 AM

I was at the game tonight. Buddy of mine lives in Champaign and his boss is a donor so we always go. Zo is building a team that is going to be a 4 year Letterman type program. Occasionally you will get the McDonald's all american in state but it's going to be 4 year guys. Be excited boys Mizzou is in good shape.

Rams Fan 12-23-2018 02:06 AM

I was at the game. Really impressed with how Mizzou played. Mizzou is going to be in a really good position as long as Cuonzo's there.

That team competed its ass off tonight.

gblowfish 12-23-2018 08:31 AM

Nice to finally beat those Orange Bastards.

GloryDayz 12-23-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13978800)
Nice to finally beat those Orange Bastards.

Hey, hey, HEY!!! They have mothers too!!!!!

It doesn't matter that they're all in jail! :)

dlphg9 12-23-2018 11:36 AM

Just think how nice itd be to have Blake Harris here? He just had to transfer for more playing time, but he was getting more minutes here as a freshmen. I think he could have had a pretty decent impact towards the end of the year with more experience. I think hed be real good this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-23-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13979077)
Just think how nice itd be to have Blake Harris here? He just had to transfer for more playing time, but he was getting more minutes here as a freshmen. I think he could have had a pretty decent impact towards the end of the year with more experience. I think hed be real good this year.

I think Mizzou is okay in the PG dept.

dlphg9 12-23-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13979080)
I think Mizzou is okay in the PG dept.

Not so much last year lol. Can never have too many good ball handlers.

He was a little bitch though.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-23-2018 01:49 PM

Regardless of how good Illinois is or isn't this year, that was an impressive win. Tilmon is really improving, and they have a lot of good young talent. Pickett looked really good, and I couldn't believe how much it looks like Pinson has improved from early November. He looks like a baller. And they're in good hands, Cuonzo is a great coach for that program. Should've hired him years ago.

Pitt Gorilla 12-23-2018 06:24 PM

I wonder if Mizzou Fan still hates Jordan Geist.

dlphg9 12-23-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13980343)
I wonder if Mizzou Fan still hates Jordan Geist.

Yes. Maybe that'll change if he wins a tournament game for us.

In other news, it looks like the SEC is fairly decent this year with only SC having a losing record. It seems like last year almost every team had a good record going into conference play and it really helped with getting a record number of 8 teams in the big dance.

ChiefsCountry 01-03-2019 05:11 PM

Gordon from SLU is transferring. Is Zo on him?

DJ's left nut 01-03-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14005024)
Gordon from SLU is transferring. Is Zo on him?

I'm not entirely sure I would be.

Look - Gordon went to SLU and got exactly what was promised there. He's getting a lot of run as a true freshmen, the team is playing fairly well...I mean damn, what was he thinking was going to happen?

And he barely made it a semester?

There's a ton of flake potential there, IMO. I get why some of the guards transferred from Mizzou - the two guys who left last year were buried behind Geist and I think they simply didn't expect that. I doubt it was sold to them like that. Marc Smith left because he'd pretty clearly lost his place in the rotation by the end of the year.

But what the hell is Gordon leaving for? He's not losing minutes, the team's not dysfunctional around him. He just...doesn't feel like being there anymore.

That looks like a dude that the Tigers would get, hold a scholarship for a year over, get a semester from him and then he'd just ignore any advice and declare for the draft. But only after he spent that entire transfer window shooting 3 pointers and then going bombs away for his semester here to prove that he's a stretch 5 at the next level.

My first reaction was the same as yours - "Damn Zo - go get this kid..." but as i thought about it more, unless there's a lot to this story that I don't understand, this is just a kid that isn't going to be happy or have the buy in wherever he goes.

duncan_idaho 01-04-2019 11:29 AM

Want no part of Gordon. He pulled a Walter Brady on a teammate.

DJ's left nut 01-04-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14006097)

I hadn't heard that but it's just not terribly surprising.

He's had such a strange background and recruiting process. Kid just gives an outward appearance of being an extreme 'me first' player. Those kinds of guys rub teammates the wrong way and they end up bristling when challenged.

Just a lot of red flags there and I'd be surprised if Cuonzo has any interest in dealing with that shit from a kid that will bolt the moment he gets an advisory board telling him he may sneak into the late 1st and will likely struggle with a team concept while trying to 'earn' that grade.

The juice just doesn't seem worth the squeeze here even though the talent is obvious.

Sully 01-04-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14006097)

Sorry for being late to the party, but what is the Brady story?

duncan_idaho 01-04-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 14006163)
Sorry for being late to the party, but what is the Brady story?

Rumor is he got a little too excited about exercising second amendment rights... with a teammate.

Have you seen the American History X curb scene? Subtract the curb and stomp...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2019 06:05 PM

And it's a **** Tilmon game.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2019 06:14 PM

Puryear plays and processes the game at a snail's pace. He's so bad.

duncan_idaho 01-08-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14018927)
Puryear plays and processes the game at a snail's pace. He's so bad.

Has to be the worst four-year starter in Missouri history, right?

Remember when Kim Anderson’s crack recruiting aces thought Puryear was going to be a better college player than OG Anonouby and Juwan Morgan?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14018963)
Has to be the worst four-year starter in Missouri history, right?

Remember when Kim Anderson’s crack recruiting aces thought Puryear was going to be a better college player than OG Anonouby and Juwan Morgan?

*kills self*

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2019 06:30 PM

Puryear's career highlight is going to be three seconds: his corner three against Mississippi State.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-08-2019 06:50 PM

Horrible call on the blocking foul.

Pepe Silvia 01-08-2019 06:55 PM

The SEC officials will always make sure Mizzou stays a bottom feeder.

duncan_idaho 01-08-2019 06:55 PM

Kim Anderson stench is almost gone. So excited for that.

I do like that even Martin’s role player guys seem to be contributing and progressing.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-26-2019 05:48 PM

God, Puryear has the size of LeBron and the skill of a junior high girl benchwarmer.

petegz28 01-26-2019 07:06 PM

Dude a 14 pt lead just went to a 5 pt lead in less than a minute...****ing unbelievable

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-26-2019 07:10 PM

You've gotta be ****ing kidding me. These refs are corrupt.

petegz28 01-26-2019 07:13 PM

the bald white ref has ****ed us over at least 3 times...****ing jack off