ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Browns sign Kareem Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321263)

Mecca 02-11-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14101394)
The Chiefs did the NFL a huge favor. Sadly, nothing ever good comes from playing the good guy.

Pretty much...as was said on a movie once...evil always wins because good is dumb.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-11-2019 01:27 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since he was released by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a>, RB Kareem Hunt has done alcohol and anger management counseling. He’ll continue to do so. Hunt has had his meeting with NFL investigators regarding 3 incidents, and a suspension is coming. At the end of all that, he’ll play for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a>.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1095041188737007622?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 02-11-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14101381)
uh, like KC?

...you guys are overreacting.

It's actually a good point. He should be going to a place where he's less tempted to make mistakes. That's home base for him. Happy to see him get a second shot but that's maybe not the best idea for a guy trying to turn his career around.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-11-2019 01:28 PM

This is all Clark Hunt caring about his image. He looks like a b**** when we let talented players go to other teams (for nothing in return) and they help them win games. Fans are dumb and would've forgotten about this shit by like week 5.

comochiefsfan 02-11-2019 01:29 PM

At least we'll be able to sleep well at night. Going to be fun when Kareem runs for 150 yards against us and we lose to Cleveland in the divisional round.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02-11-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14101423)
At least we'll be able to sleep well at night. Going to be fun when Kareem runs for 150 yards against us and we lose to Cleveland in the divisional round.

Be fun when Mahomes is tossing 5 TDs in the divisional round and Hunt is watching from the sidelines wondering what could’ve been

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-11-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14101412)
What a stupid ****ing post.

You're an idiot if you think otherwise. Thats why they practically traded peters for a bag of chips

stevieray 02-11-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14101418)
It's actually a good point. He should be going to a place where he's less tempted to make mistakes. That's home base for him. Happy to see him get a second shot but that's maybe not the best idea for a guy trying to turn his career around.

pffft... those demons exist until exorcised, it doesn't matter where you are.

You guys are just way tooo comfortable thinking you know players as people, and how they are going to respond to adversity in the future.

....almost comes off as hoping he fails.

Frosty 02-11-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14101348)
Penbrook is no more!!! It’s MAHOMO 4 LIFE!!

A rose by any other name is just as dumb.

The Franchise 02-11-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14101429)
You're an idiot if you think otherwise. Thats why they practically traded peters for a bag of chips

Peters has done so ****ing well for the Rams, right?

I mean that's why it's being talked about that they won't pick up his 5th year option.

O.city 02-11-2019 01:31 PM

Sucks to lose the talent, but I'm not really sure what all the hubbub is about. He lied to the Chiefs multiple times about an incident and was going to get suspended for it. And he plays the easiest replaced position in the game.

The Franchise 02-11-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101436)
Sucks to lose the talent, but I'm not really sure what all the hubbub is about. He lied to the Chiefs multiple times about an incident and was going to get suspended for it. And he plays the easiest replaced position in the game.

BUT CLARK HUNT DOESN'T CARE!!!11!!!

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-11-2019 01:33 PM

All you ppl saying cleveland will be good for him, pretty sure he hit that chick in a cleveland hotel. Why are y'all acting like the city here was his problem? Cleveland is a shithole. If you're gonna mess up somewhere it'd be there, not kc.

comochiefsfan 02-11-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101436)

It's because we essentially gave a top 40 player in the National Football League to one of our conference rivals for absolutely nothing.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-11-2019 01:34 PM

He had a shit season. Played well in the playoffs and played well in the SB when they held brady to 13 points. You kno. the team that beat us..

O.city 02-11-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14101442)
It's because we essentially gave a top 40 player in the National Football League to one of our conference rivals for absolutely nothing.

He's a running back. Sure, hes a really good RB, but in the end, he's still a RB.

If this were a QB, or a pass rusher or something I guess I could understand being that upset.

The Franchise 02-11-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14101442)

So we should have what?

Held onto him and dealt with the media backlash after Kareem straight up lied to the Chiefs organization about what happened?

O.city 02-11-2019 01:37 PM

The media backlash wouldn't have mattered if he hadn't lied to them about it.

If you have an employee that isn't trusthworty, you aren't going to keep said employee around very long.

chiefzilla1501 02-11-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14101433)
pffft... those demons exist until exorcised, it doesn't matter where you are.

You guys are just way tooo comfortable thinking you know players as people, and how they are going to respond to adversity in the future.

....almost comes off as hoping he fails.

Nobody knows how he will respond. What we do know is a lot of his friends live in Ohio. 2 of the 3 incidents happened in Ohio. I like the browns and I like hunt. Maybe he has it figured out. It just seems a good way for him to move on is to stay away from the same crowds that helped get him in trouble. And that'll be much harder to do in Cleveland.

Skyy God 02-11-2019 01:37 PM

Haslem’s still going to screw this up.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn....3fplatform=amp

It’s lile KC Nut somehow owned a pro franchise.

Jimkcchief88 02-11-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14101412)
What a stupid ****ing post.

What’s so dumb about the post?? Sounds about right to me...

comochiefsfan 02-11-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14101447)
So we should have what?

Held onto him and dealt with the media backlash after Kareem straight up lied to the Chiefs organization about what happened?

Yes.

What the hell is media backlash going to do? Let the media get upset for a few days. They'll get bored and move onto something else in a couple days. The outrage culture and SJW mobs have everybody scared to death. It's pathetic. In this age of instant gratification we could've easily weathered the storm and everybody would've forgotten about it in no time flat.

But no, we had to preserve our squeaky clean image. Now some other team gets richer and the Chiefs are left holding the bag. Same as it ever was.

The Franchise 02-11-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14101457)
Yes.

What the hell is media backlash going to do? Let the media get upset for a few days. They'll get bored and move onto something else in a couple days. The outrage culture and SJW mobs have everybody scared to death. It's pathetic. In this age of instant gratification we could've easily weathered the storm and everybody would've forgotten about it in no time flat.

But no, we had to preserve our squeaky clean image. Now some other team gets richer and the Chiefs are left holding the bag. Same as it ever was.

So any player that lies to the organization about an off the field incident has no consequences?

Got it.

Baby Lee 02-11-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 14101350)
Anyway, this is one of those things where it was right for the Chiefs to release him, and it's right for him to get a second chance somewhere after missing most of two seasons by the time his suspension is up, if he puts in the work in the meantime to address his personality issues.

Cris Carter - Eagles loss is Vikings gain.

JakeF 02-11-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14101387)
I doubt that. It will 100% be brought up in training camp, and I'm sure guys like Baker Mayfield will be asked about it. Puts him in a tough position.

I'm just glad it's over. We have the best QB in the league and we don't need the distraction. Reid has a long history of drafting good RBs and doing it after the first round. Draft another RB and move on. This team has much bigger problems to address.

He'll have Hunt go through Anger Management classes etc during the offseason which gives every coach and player providing an easy out about the question. The only real issue is if the league will continue with any additional punishment now that he's on a team. I haven't heard anything about that.

comochiefsfan 02-11-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14101459)
So any player that lies to the organization about an off the field incident has no consequences?

Got it.

Suspend him and force him to go through counseling. Deal with it internally. Don't cut ties with him on the first offense.

TribalElder 02-11-2019 01:41 PM

How long before "the tape" being released gets credited back to Dorsey

release tape
chiefs cut kareem
wait
sign kareem
profit

TwistedChief 02-11-2019 01:43 PM

Oh, that guy who likely cost us a Super Bowl finally signed with another team which we knew was inevitable at some point anyway?

At least now it's all done and in the rearview mirror. He's going to spend the bulk of the season suspended anyhow.

But yeah, it was always going to feel like watching your ex-girlfriend dating some new guy. Time for Chiefs fans to actually move on.

stevieray 02-11-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14101452)
And that'll be much harder to do in Cleveland.

...in your opinion.

My guess is he's ALREADY moved on from those people.

Aspengc8 02-11-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14101464)
Suspend him and force him to go through counseling. Deal with it internally. Don't cut ties with him on the first offense.

They cut ties because he lied to the faces of the ownership, not because of the incident itself.

Mecca 02-11-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14101447)
So we should have what?

There are teams that would have done just that....I know it's not pretty but yea.

Frosty 02-11-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14101470)
Oh, that guy who likely cost us a Super Bowl finally signed with another team which we knew was inevitable at some point anyway?

What does Sutton signing with the Falcons have to do with Hunt and Cleveland?

;)

RunKC 02-11-2019 01:48 PM

Good move for the Browns. This is basically Tyreek Hill 2.0. He ****ed up badly, but will get a 2nd chance.

Even if you get him for part of a season, it’s still a great low risk signing. He ****s up again? He’s gone, no problem, no real investment financially.

The Browns play in a historically tough defensive division. Kareem Hunt is the exact kind of back you need when you play teams like the Ravens twice a year.

Chubb and Hunt is maybe the best RB duo in the league.

staylor26 02-11-2019 01:48 PM

I’m going to post this in bold so maybe some of the morons will get it

If we would’ve kept Hunt, the media would’ve unfairly drug Tyreek’s name through the mud as well

It had to be done

The Franchise 02-11-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14101476)
There are teams that would have done just that....I know it's not pretty but yea.

And if it would have been for one incident....that that would have been fine. Dude had three off the field incidents in the span of like 6 months. All related to assault and alcohol.

O.city 02-11-2019 01:49 PM

Schefter said he's likely to get 10 to 12 games of suspension.

O.city 02-11-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14101479)
Good move for the Browns. This is basically Tyreek Hill 2.0. He ****ed up badly, but will get a 2nd chance.

Even if you get him for part of a season, it’s still a great low risk signing. He ****s up again? He’s gone, no problem, no real investment financially.

The Browns play in a historically tough defensive division. Kareem Hunt is the exact kind of back you need when you play teams like the Ravens twice a year.

Chubb and Hunt is maybe the best RB duo in the league.

I bet they end up trying to trade Hunt to gain some picks after he re upps his image or something.

Smart move.

Mecca 02-11-2019 01:50 PM

All I can say for moves in Cleveland is since Dorsey was hired here some 6 years ago no GM has drafted more pro bowl players than he has.

Dude knows talent above all else.

gblowfish 02-11-2019 01:50 PM

Just because he pushed and kicked that girl doesn't mean he's not in mad love. He just wanted to be close to her. Now they can scrap and fight and have great make up sex all day long!

Hammock Parties 02-11-2019 01:50 PM

RB don't win championships.

srvy 02-11-2019 01:51 PM

Well I think we all know now who leaked the video. All part of Dorseys revenge and master plan to get back the back he drafted.:D

Mecca 02-11-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14101493)
RB don't win championships.

Nope they don't...however his propensity to kill the Pats would have been helpful.

JakeF 02-11-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14101453)
Haslem’s still going to screw this up.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn....3fplatform=amp

It’s lile KC Nut somehow owned a pro franchise.

If Haslem can just stay out of the way Dorsey will fix the Browns. We don't know to what level they will be fixed because Dorsey is hiring a Head Coach for the first time. But he'll fix them up.

TEX 02-11-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14101492)
Just because he pushed and kicked that girl doesn't mean he's not in mad love. He just wanted to be close to her. Now then can scrap and fight and have great make up sex!

:clap: ROFL ROFL ROFL

Tribal Warfare 02-11-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14101495)
Well I think we all know now who leaked the video. All part of Dorseys revenge and master plan to get back the back he drafted.:D

in all intents and purposes, Kareem was a Dorsey guy which is a compliment and not a rip.

O.city 02-11-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14101498)
Nope they don't...however his propensity to kill the Pats would have been helpful.

Maybe he could have scored 3 Td's against them like Williams did...…..

Monty 02-11-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14101459)

Got it.

No, you don't get it. The organization should have addressed this last spring when all the rumors were fresh about this incident. The organization was lazy and relied heavily on Cleveland PD's lack of pressing charges as an out in case something came up later. This all falls back on the organization. Sure, Khunt is just an RB( a damn good one at that i.e. NFL Rushing Leader), but there's team chemistry, motivation from a teammate, etc. going on here. The decision to release Khunt was short-sighted, irresponsible, and an easy way out. There were a thousand other ways to deal with this and the organization chose method 1,001.

But sure, he lied. That's wrong. We all get that.

But do you think for one second that the Pats would have released him like the Chiefs did? Or any other team in contention? I'm not saying he shouldn't have been suspended at all for what he did both in actions and by lying, but someone needed to jump in and help the kid out last spring(or before). There's no way that anyone who was close to him didn't see this coming. What a waste.

JakeF 02-11-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

I think if we still had Hunt we probably win the game against the Patriots. His consistency would have really helped get us started in the 1st half.

Mecca 02-11-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101504)

Lets be real here, Williams scored TDs but the Chiefs ability to run the ball in that game was total ballsack.

Monty 02-11-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101504)

Good point, but he might have drawn attention that would have allowed the team to score more in the first half. ;)

Skyy God 02-11-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14101499)
If Haslem can just stay out of the way Dorsey will fix the Browns. We don't know to what level they will be fixed because Dorsey is hiring a Head Coach for the first time. But he'll fix them up.

Haslem has a zero percent chance of taking a back seat long term.

He doesn’t have Flying J to mismanage/commit felonies with anymore.

Mecca 02-11-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 14101511)
Good point, but he might have drawn attention that would have allowed the team to score more in the first half. ;)

I think it would have been more about the run game consistency when the offense was struggling, Hunt is much better at making something out of nothing.

Tribal Warfare 02-11-2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Damien not converting 3rd and short situations killed the offense in the 1st half before Mahomes went _KILL_SCREEN_ in the 2nd half.

Frazod 02-11-2019 01:57 PM

Knew it was going to happen. Some other team getting a great running back for nothing and us getting ****ed for "doing the right thing."

At least it wasn't Oakland or Denver. But that's about the only good ****ing thing I have to say about it.

O.city 02-11-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14101510)
Lets be real here, Williams scored TDs but the Chiefs ability to run the ball in that game was total ballsack.

Sure.

Maybe had they been able to run it more, they could have scored more than 31 points.

RunKC 02-11-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14101491)
All I can say for moves in Cleveland is since Dorsey was hired here some 6 years ago no GM has drafted more pro bowl players than he has.

Dude knows talent above all else.

We know for a fact Brett Veach found Patrick Mahomes, not John Dorsey. How many other instances were there where Veach found a player and presented him to Dorsey?

Wasn’t he our scout that covered the SEC region when we drafted Chris Jones?

Dorsey is a really good scout, but I think Veach is too.

JakeF 02-11-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14101512)
Haslem has a zero percent chance of taking a back seat long term.

He doesn’t have Flying J to mismanage/commit felonies with anymore.

Then Dorsey's 1st contract with the Browns might be his last.

O.city 02-11-2019 01:58 PM

The Chiefs approached him multiple times about the incident and he said nothing happened. The video comes out and these other incidents come out.

The Chiefs didn't trust him anymore. End of his tenure. Sure it sucks.

Monty 02-11-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14101514)
I think it would have been more about the run game consistency when the offense was struggling, Hunt is much better at making something out of nothing.

Yep

Err, yip :)

TimBone 02-11-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14101298)
yup, being from Ohio, might just be what he needed.

Haven't his incidents been in Ohio?

Seems like that's the last place he needs to be.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-11-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 14101505)
No, you don't get it. The organization should have addressed this last spring when all the rumors were fresh about this incident. The organization was lazy and relied heavily on Cleveland PD's lack of pressing charges as an out in case something came up later. This all falls back on the organization. Sure, Khunt is just an RB( a damn good one at that i.e. NFL Rushing Leader), but there's team chemistry, motivation from a teammate, etc. going on here. The decision to release Khunt was short-sighted, irresponsible, and an easy way out. There were a thousand other ways to deal with this and the organization chose method 1,001.

But do you think for one second that the Pats would have released him like the Chiefs did? Or any other team in contention? I'm not saying he shouldn't have been suspended at all for what he did both in actions and by lying, but someone needed to jump in and help the kid out last spring(or before). There's no way that anyone who was close to him didn't see this coming. What a waste.

No the Chiefs were trying to get the tape to find out for themselves, but the NFL made them back off. Just another example of Goodell making the wrong decision at EVERY turn. Chiefs should have told goodell to suck one and kept trying to get the tape tho

Pitt Gorilla 02-11-2019 01:58 PM

Exactly as I said. He would be signed next to immediately because many teams in this league want to actually win.

Cleveland will be a thorn in our side.

Mecca 02-11-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14101521)
We know for a fact Brett Veach found Patrick Mahomes, not John Dorsey. How many other instances were there where Veach found a player and presented him to Dorsey?

If you want to go down that rabbit hole then apparently no GM really deserves any credit.

I'll give them the credit for the guys that were picked on their watch, that's the best way to do it.

You realize in Dorseys time with the Chiefs they drafted 13 pro bowl players? That's pretty insane.

Pitt Gorilla 02-11-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101529)
The Chiefs approached him multiple times about the incident and he said nothing happened. The video comes out and these other incidents come out.

The Browns don't GAF. They want to win and are making moves to ensure that they do. The Chiefs are giving away assets to help ensure that happens.

O.city 02-11-2019 02:00 PM

Yes, the Chiefs don't actually want to win as bad as...checks notes... the browns do.

For ****s sake.

Monty 02-11-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101529)

Lazy, lazy, lazy. The Chiefs should have resolved this internally last spring before TMZ was able to get their hands on this.

And yes, it really sucks. This is one of those Because Chiefs moments for sure.

KC Hawks 02-11-2019 02:01 PM

Would Hunt have even been allowed to play even if we didn't cut him? There's no point talking about what would've happened with him against NE.

srvy 02-11-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 14101505)

Hard to say it all happened at the exact wrong time with the SJW thing going on. Even the slimeballs in NE wouldn't have stood up against the wrath of pissed off women.

O.city 02-11-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14101538)
The Browns don't GAF. They want to win and are making moves to ensure that they do. The Chiefs are giving away assets to help ensure that happens.

You're right. The Chiefs colluding to make the Browns successful.

Pitt Gorilla 02-11-2019 02:02 PM

Kareem has elite balance and vision. Heck, watch the highlight videos and his blocking in really good as well.

Wish the Chiefs had a back with those attributes.

ChiefoftheKeyboard 02-11-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14101521)

Veach is a great scout, and I am a big fan. But he isn't a good GM yet. He gave up a lot of capital for moving up like 8 spots to get speaks, and then he made us look reeruned by saying we'd be open to having hunt back last week. Also got jerked on that peters deal.
And now that he overpaid Watkins, Hill will have just that much more leverage this offseason when his new contract comes. You can tell he is still a scout trying to be a GM and hasn't become a good GM yet.

redfan 02-11-2019 02:02 PM

This is so much ****ing bullshit.

Monty 02-11-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard (Post 14101532)
No the Chiefs were trying to get the tape to find out for themselves, but the NFL made them back off. Just another example of Goodell making the wrong decision at EVERY turn. Chiefs should have told goodell to suck one and kept trying to get the tape tho

Good point, but this falls on the Chiefs before it falls on Goodell, "if" you are really serious about going to and winning a SB.

O.city 02-11-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 14101545)
Lazy, lazy, lazy. The Chiefs should have resolved this internally last spring before TMZ was able to get their hands on this.

Blame the NFL.

At some point this shit is on the player.

Pitt Gorilla 02-11-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14101550)
You're right. The Chiefs colluding to make the Browns successful.

You don't need collusion when your opponent makes stupid moves. Just wait for the dumbassery and capitalize. It's not that difficult.

O.city 02-11-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14101558)
You don't need collusion when your opponent makes stupid moves. Just wait for the dumbassery and capitalize. It's not that difficult.

Yes, absolutely you're right.

suzzer99 02-11-2019 02:04 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> RB decisions last 11 months:<br><br>- 3/15: Signed Carlos Hyde to a 3-year, $15.25m deal. <br><br>- 4/27: Drafted Nick Chubb in the 2nd round.<br><br>- 6/8: Signed Duke Johnson to a 3-year, $15.6m extension.<br><br>- 10/19: Traded Hyde to JAX for a 5th-round pick.<br><br>- 2/11: Signed Kareem Hunt.</p>&mdash; Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1095048956466335746?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 11, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca 02-11-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 14101545)

Lots of people are at fault in this deal, the Chiefs didn't do their due diligence and yes Hunt lied to them yet I find it hard to believe even people here wouldn't have handled it that way at that age.

Then the Chiefs handled it in the quickest shifting blame way possible.

srvy 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14101508)
I think if we still had Hunt we probably win the game against the Patriots. His consistency would have really helped get us started in the 1st half.

Hard to say he sure put a clown suit on Bill opening day 2 years ago. I doubt Bill would have been taken by surprise in the championship game.

Monty 02-11-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14101548)
Hard to say it all happened at the exact wrong time with the SJW thing going on. Even the slimeballs in NE wouldn't have stood up against the wrath of pissed off women.

Agree about that, but I still they wouldn't have outright released him. JMO