ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What covid changes in your life will be permanent? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335416)

DaFace 12-03-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15369023)
Ah. Why do you contract it "reside"?

Dude. It's a misspelling. And it wasn't mine.

Megatron96 12-03-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15369026)
Dude. It's a misspelling. And it wasn't mine.

Ah. Mistook it for one of those new 'words.'

OrtonsPiercedTaint 12-03-2020 04:55 PM

I have to breathe through my nose now. Must try chewing gum with mask on before it is over

Pablo 12-03-2020 04:57 PM

Obviously handshakes hold some deep meaning to you if you've got your favorites memorized. I don't think most people care about them that much.

KCUnited 12-03-2020 04:58 PM

Who hasn't rushed a poop and smeared the wipe a bit on base of your thumb a few precious minutes before a meeting and made a business decision to just roll with it and shake hands?

Megatron96 12-03-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15369048)
Obviously handshakes hold some deep meaning to you if you've got your favorites memorized. I don't think most people care about them that much.

Whatever floats your boat. They were the ones trying to scare me with 'residue.'ROFL

Pitt Gorilla 12-03-2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15368966)
Sorry. Not going to explain something that should've be taught to you when you were 5. Nothing personal, just not my job. Go ask your dad.

He passed in 2010.

Megatron96 12-03-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15369063)
He passed in 2010.

Sorry to hear that. Mine passed in 2018.

he didn't explain the handshake thing before he passed?

Bearcat 12-03-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15369051)
Who hasn't rushed a poop and smeared the wipe a bit on base of your thumb a few precious minutes before a meeting and made a business decision to just roll with it and shake hands?

It's how shit gets done.

tmax63 12-03-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15368851)
A polite bow is far superior. I would also exchange a small token gift with you of candy or Dr. Pepper.

And you think you won't be transferring germs with an exchange of small token gifts.
As for me I'll gladly return to all pre-covid activities. Getting our immune systems challenged is good. Heard the saying "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger" is actually pretty accurate when it comes to our immune system.

Rain Man 12-03-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15369023)
Ah. Why do you contract it "reside"? Seems unnecessary.

So bottom line, we're scared of residue. i might get stuff on my hands.

Ohmygod. Whatever shall I do?

Look, I'm not scared of some residue. or 'fluids.' Or whatever.

I've been covered in mud for days, as recently as a couple months ago. Drank water from a river. Didn't shower for a week while fishing 10 hours a day in 90 degree heat and ate food with my unwashed hands. I've been up to my armpits in the chest cavities of more than a dozen deer, or otherwise covered in the blood of countless gamebirds and animals. And shook a lot of hands while doing so over 4 decades. Not to mention to dozen or so quail I pulled the innards out of earlier this year.

Actually, the two best handshakes I can remember was the time I was covered in the guts and blood of my first buck with my dad, and when my brother finally got his first deer a few years later.

'Reside' isn't really a thing for me.

Looking at it now, I'm infinitely glad I wasn't raised to have such phobias.

Do you guys wash your hands immediately after finger-banging your girl/boy friend before you get to homebase, or do you just forego putting your naked finger inside another person entirely?

Must be kind of inconvenient, not to mention something of a mood killer.

This is really convincing me to not shake hands with people.

Megatron96 12-03-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15369088)
This is really convincing me to not shake hands with people.

LMAO

You're really on a roll, bud.:thumb:

Personally I think it's hilarious that people are scared of sweat, or that someone might scratch themselves over their pants, but this is the world we live in now.:p

dirk digler 12-03-2020 05:41 PM

Great thread Rain Man.

I would hope that working from home will stick. I didn't think I would like it because I had done some limited work from home in the past and found myself unproductive but now I can't see myself going back to work. I enjoy rolling out of bed and putting on shorts and not going anywhere but to my PC.

Some changes that might stick:

1. Staying away from extended family during the holidays
2. Wearing a mask during flu season (only if I am forced to go back to the office)

Changes that won't stick and go back to normal:

1. Travel
2. Eating out inside restaurants
3. Football games and concerts.

Fish 12-03-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15369051)

What, you don't know about the ass pennies?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f9aM_dT5VMI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TrebMaxx 12-03-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 15369083)
And you think you won't be transferring germs with an exchange of small token gifts.
As for me I'll gladly return to all pre-covid activities. Getting our immune systems challenged is good. Heard the saying "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger" is actually pretty accurate when it comes to our immune system.

That's my train of thought.

displacedinMN 12-03-2020 06:16 PM

Wife has been cutting my hair. She is getting good at it.

stevieray 12-03-2020 06:20 PM

I built a chopper and really enjoyed it...might try to find a Honda 360 and build a scrambler.

jerryaldini 12-03-2020 06:24 PM

Great list!
I've learned to really enjoy frequently preparing meals at home and surprisingly the simple task of doing dishes.
Work from home as much as possible, and be outdoors more than ever.
Avoid close contact in public with periodic mask wearing.
Cut my own hair, convenient and enjoy doing it (never cared how it looks anyway).
Give away most formal clothes.
More meditation time.

The one return is hopefully go back to gym.

Bearcat 12-03-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15369098)
LMAO

You're really on a roll, bud.:thumb:

Personally I think it's hilarious that people are scared of sweat, or that someone might scratch themselves over their pants, but this is the world we live in now.:p

Nah, I seriously doubt there are many people out there who are actually scared (hell, I've known actual germaphobes who will still shake hands, because that's what you're supposed to do)... another alternative that makes much more sense is that people recognize hand shakes are a germ spreader, mostly because people are incapable of washing their hands and not touching their face.

And yeah, that's (usually) not life or death or anything, and we all still do it, and I doubt many people immediately sanitize their hand after or have nightmares about getting sick, or whatever other hyperbole.... but, it does spread germs for a largely pointless act.

Spott 12-03-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15369017)

Maybe I should elaborate. I don’t care about any germ aspect of handshaking. I generally get sweaty, dirty and occasionally bloody at my job so germs are never going to bother me. It’s the occasional asshats that want to break your hands with some stupid death grip that gets annoying. Either that or it’s someone that does the exact opposite and has a totally limp wristed handshake. A good firm handshake using about the same amount of grip one would use jerking off five minutes before shaking hands with a stranger should be the standard.

Megatron96 12-03-2020 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15369196)
Nah, I seriously doubt there are many people out there who are actually scared (hell, I've known actual germaphobes who will still shake hands, because that's what you're supposed to do)... another alternative that makes much more sense is that people recognize hand shakes are a germ spreader, mostly because people are incapable of washing their hands and not touching their face.

And yeah, that's (usually) not life or death or anything, and we all still do it, and I doubt many people immediately sanitize their hand after or have nightmares about getting sick, or whatever other hyperbole.... but, it does spread germs for a largely pointless act.

Welcome to your POV.

Though, from my perspective, being worried about someone touching their face, or 'germs' in general, as a healthy adult, is ridiculous. Americans have been conditioned to be wary of 'germs' like one 'germ' is going to get you somehow. If that were the case, there wouldn't be a human race. Every time you hold hands with your gf/bf/wife/whatever, kiss, hell, every time your mother patted you on the head there were germs involved. Your body kills them off 99.9999% of the time. Whoop-de-doo.

There are germs on you right now. On everyone you know. There are germs on virtually every surface in your house, car, at work, on your food, everywhere. The phone your using to write posts right now is covered in germs. Or your keyboard or whatever. Oh God, what should we do?

Nothing. your body deals with germs everyday, all day, 365/7/24.

you might as well worry about being struck by lightning.

Megatron96 12-03-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15369215)
Maybe I should elaborate. I don’t care about any germ aspect of handshaking. I generally get sweaty, dirty and occasionally bloody at my job so germs are never going to bother me. It’s the occasional asshats that want to break your hands with some stupid death grip that gets annoying. Either that or it’s someone that does the exact opposite and has a totally limp wristed handshake. A good firm handshake using about the same amount of grip one would use jerking off five minutes before shaking hands with a stranger should be the standard.

This I agree with. There's always a dipstick that wants to see if he can hurt you for some stupid reason. And then there's the increasing number of twits that shake hands like their hand is a dead fish.

Why is it so hard to just have a good grip and a one up-one down? Just show the requisite level of respect and move on.

though I never thought about it in terms of jerking off . . .

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-03-2020 06:52 PM

It really is amazing the difference in hand shakes. All hispanics go with a limp wrist method for some reason. Meanwhile Cowboys want to crush your digits. I have a lot of hand pain from, well , my past work and it KILLS me when some dick wants to crush my hand. Thank God for Covid and the fist bump era!

Megatron96 12-03-2020 07:04 PM

OH GOD.

I JUST TOUCHED MY FACE.

Excuse me, I have to go take a shower with 90% rubbing alcohol while wearing a haz-mat suit.

****, the dog is licking my haz-mat suit. I'm totally screwed.

Hashaha, someone gave me a thumb's down.

How about this?

Yesterday I gave my dog a 15 minute rubdown and scratched his belly, then WITHOUT WASHING MY HANDS OR TAKING A SHOWER WITH DISINFECTANT, I COOKED AND ATE DINNER. OH, THE HORROR!!!

And I've never disinfected the dog either. He licks my face daily.

GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER!

Bump 12-03-2020 07:18 PM

wearing a mask

Rain Man 12-03-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15369231)
Welcome to your POV.

Though, from my perspective, being worried about someone touching their face, or 'germs' in general, as a healthy adult, is ridiculous. Americans have been conditioned to be wary of 'germs' like one 'germ' is going to get you somehow. If that were the case, there wouldn't be a human race. Every time you hold hands with your gf/bf/wife/whatever, kiss, hell, every time your mother patted you on the head there were germs involved. Your body kills them off 99.9999% of the time. Whoop-de-doo.

There are germs on you right now. On everyone you know. There are germs on virtually every surface in your house, car, at work, on your food, everywhere. The phone your using to write posts right now is covered in germs. Or your keyboard or whatever. Oh God, what should we do?

You're defending a centuries-old custom for no reason other than that it's a centuries-old custom. We should strive to improve everything we do all the time, and handshakes are no different.

In the interest of creativity and improvement, let me offer a few suggestions and let's react to them.
  • We do a short greeting dance, similar to perhaps a sage grouse mating dance.
  • If you're committed to spreading germs to build immunity, perhaps we can cough on each other.
  • Nipple tweaks.
  • A symbolic non-contact uppercut to the chin.
  • A polite bow of the head, accompanied by a small symbolic gift of candy or Dr. Pepper.

DaFace 12-03-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15369328)
You're defending a centuries-old custom for no reason other than that it's a centuries-old custom. We should strive to improve everything we do all the time, and handshakes are no different.

In the interest of creativity and improvement, let me offer a few suggestions and let's react to them.

• If you're committed to spreading germs to build immunity, perhaps we can cough on each other.

• Nipple tweaks.

• A polite bow of the head, accompanied by a small symbolic gift of candy or Dr. Pepper.

Count me out on the nipple tweaks.

Rain Man 12-03-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15369341)
Count me out on the nipple tweaks.

It's intended for a different target market but I have to be fair to everyone.

htismaqe 12-03-2020 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15369231)
Welcome to your POV.

Touching hands is dangerous but Americans are having casual sex at a near record rate.

Easy answer is don't shake hands, just **** them. GREETINGS!

Bearcat 12-03-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15369328)

• Nipple tweaks.

If you're a fan of hand-crushing handshakes, perhaps a rock to the forehead instead?

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-11-2018/rG-qBh.gif

Pablo 12-03-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15369356)
Touching hands is dangerous but Americans are having casual sex at a near record rate.

I'm down with the ****ing but that just doesn't give me the same sort of satisfaction that I get holding another man's hand in mine and jerking it up and down.

BigRedChief 12-03-2020 08:08 PM

I’ll never work in an office again. Go in every once in a while for a big meeting. But that’s it.

Fish 12-03-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

But we get to choose our sex partners. Well, other than Prison Bitch...

stevieray 12-03-2020 08:13 PM

Updating my list.

Attempt to shake as many hands as possible just to watch the reactions.

BigRedChief 12-03-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

I never liked the handshake for business. I wish we could all agree on something different.

TinyEvel 12-03-2020 08:19 PM

nothing really but maybe work from home a couple days a week.

I'm ready to go back to having vacations and going to concerts, eating at restaurants, seeing my extended family, etc. really ready to be around people again.

DaFace 12-03-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15369419)
I never liked the handshake for business. I wish we could all agree on something different.

Who doesn't love a good mutual junk grab?

Indian Chief 12-03-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15369190)
I built a chopper and really enjoyed it...might try to find a Honda 360 and build a scrambler.

I've been working on a Honda 450 during COVID. So probably a few years older than the 360. It's been a lot of fun.

jjchieffan 12-03-2020 08:42 PM

I'm mostly doing things the same way as before anyway. I don't wear a mask, I don't social distance. I guess that I can go back to Chiefs games.

GloryDayz 12-03-2020 09:07 PM

I'm going to become an even more nice person.

Rain Man 12-03-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15369534)
I'm going to become an even more nice person.

Is that even possible?

Boise_Chief 12-03-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15369419)

I disagree I normaly know if I can f you over in negotiations based on a handshake. Its like poker people have tells.

GloryDayz 12-03-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15369538)
Is that even possible?

Yes, if I try hard enough...

BigRedChief 12-03-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 15369548)
I disagree I normaly know if I can f you over in negotiations based on a handshake. Its like poker people have tells.

that’s just not true across the board. I’m a big dude. My “firm” handshake is not appropriate for most.

007 12-03-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 15368368)
I shake hands all the time, well I used too. When things go back to normal, I might not still. I’ll mos def use hand sanitizer though.

It's be very happy to lose handshakes.

lewdog 12-03-2020 09:44 PM

I made my wife start cutting my hair to avoid going to the barber.

She's doing a great job and actually says she enjoys doing it.

Thanks COVID!

eDave 12-03-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 15369569)
Yes, if I try hard enough...

When does THAT start?

eDave 12-03-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15369618)
I made my wife start cutting my hair to avoid going to the barber.

She's doing a great job and actually says she enjoys doing it.

Thanks COVID!

Is that even alpha?

prhom 12-03-2020 09:48 PM

I’m hoping and planning to make the work from home thing stick. It’s literally improved almost every part of my life. I’m walking around 3 miles a day with my dog, sleeping 7-8 hrs a night, not getting road rage driving to work, making healthy meals for breakfast and lunch because it’s easy, and saving lots of money on gas.

Grocery delivery is convenient, but I’ll probably do more shopping in store. I can’t wait to do some travel for work again as that’s always interesting and nothing like working in the office. I’ll be very glad for my kids to stop remote learning, for my sake and theirs.

lewdog 12-03-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15369622)
Is that even alpha?

Not blowing $25 on a haircut at that barber that my wife can complete, while using that money to buy booze and soft pretzels?

You bet your ****ing ass that's alpha.

GloryDayz 12-03-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15369620)
When does THAT start?

Not today.

lewdog 12-03-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15369254)
OH GOD.

I JUST TOUCHED MY FACE.

Excuse me, I have to go take a shower with 90% rubbing alcohol while wearing a haz-mat suit.

****, the dog is licking my haz-mat suit. I'm totally screwed.

Hashaha, someone gave me a thumb's down.

How about this?

Yesterday I gave my dog a 15 minute rubdown and scratched his belly, then WITHOUT WASHING MY HANDS OR TAKING A SHOWER WITH DISINFECTANT, I COOKED AND ATE DINNER. OH, THE HORROR!!!

And I've never disinfected the dog either. He licks my face daily.

GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER!

Stupid example. Animals are way cleaner than humans.

Work in healthcare and understand how terrible most people are with basic hygiene. Handshakes are absolutely a HUGE germ spreader and definitely not a needed occurrence for most situations.

eDave 12-03-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15369627)
Not blowing $25 on a haircut at that barber that my wife can complete, while using that money to buy booze and soft pretzels?

You bet your ****ing ass that's alpha.

When you put it that way... She got an opening?

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15369635)
Stupid example. Animals are way cleaner than humans.

Work in healthcare and understand how terrible most people are with basic hygiene. Handshakes are absolutely a HUGE germ spreader and definitely not a needed occurrence for most situations.

I've been a fist-bump guy for the better part of 4 decades.

Most of my friends and cohorts are fellow musicians and composers and our hands are our livelihood.

I'm not shaking hands with some douchebag who thinks it's cool to squeeze someone's hand as hard as possible in order to prove their manliness.

IA_Chiefs_fan 12-03-2020 10:00 PM

Personally: Maybe just use more hand sanitizer.

Work: We've implemented measures that should help mitigate risk of other virus spread. We'll keep that up forever.
Touchless faucets and soap dispensers
Merv 12 furnace filters
Maintaining optimum humidity (viruses don't travel as well at around 45% and is fairly comfortable)
We've changed the layout of some workstations to provide greater social distancing.

lewdog 12-03-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15369639)
When you put it that way... She got an opening?

I'm not letting you near my wife.........

you're too good looking!

Chiefshrink 12-03-2020 10:11 PM

None

BWillie 12-03-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15369652)
I'm not letting you near my wife.........

you're too good looking!

Surprize buttsechs incoming in zona

Boise_Chief 12-03-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15369572)
that’s just not true across the board. I’m a big dude. My “firm” handshake is not appropriate for most.

It's not the handshake per se. Its eye contact, the way you hold your shoulders its the initiation and the end of the shake. Grip is 5% its all the rest that you lose that make the handshake important. This came off flippant but there is alot to learn from a person in the initial greeting

Pablo 12-04-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boise_Chief (Post 15369674)
It's not the handshake per se. Its eye contact, the way you hold your shoulders its the initiation and the end of the shake. Grip is 5% its all the rest that you lose that make the handshake important. This came off flippant but there is alot to learn from a person in the initial greeting

I think you and Megatron need to get into an old fashioned shake off ASAP.

BigCatDaddy 12-04-2020 10:42 AM

Perhaps we now bow to each other instead.

FloridaMan88 12-04-2020 11:11 AM

Hopefully the awareness of personal space.

Pre-pandemic here in South Florida people generally didn’t care about personal space (i.e. standing right behind you within skin contact in line at a store, automatically greeting people with the Latin kiss hello, etc.)

All of that shit needs to permanently stop.

jjjayb 12-04-2020 01:45 PM

I haven't changed a single thing in my life during Covid so I guess nothing will change when everyone else goes back to normal.

lewdog 12-04-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15370296)

Are you a mute?

Titty Meat 12-04-2020 07:45 PM

I'll still keep my foot on peoples throats who arent wearing masks in public coughing and shit

htismaqe 12-04-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15370296)

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1

jerryaldini 12-04-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 15370605)
I haven't changed a single thing in my life during Covid so I guess nothing will change when everyone else goes back to normal.

Special, so special, gotta have some of your attention

Spott 12-04-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15371233)
I'll still keep my foot on peoples throats who arent wearing masks in public coughing and shit

Your mom doesn’t wear a mask when I take her out to dinner.

Fish 12-04-2020 09:25 PM

I've not murdered a single stripper in the last 8 months...

BigCatDaddy 12-04-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15371108)
Are you a mute?

What?

WhiteWhale 12-04-2020 09:44 PM

Awww... how cute. You guys think this will be YOUR decision.

WhiteWhale 12-04-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15370366)
Hopefully the awareness of personal space.

Pre-pandemic here in South Florida people generally didn’t care about personal space (i.e. standing right behind you within skin contact in line at a store, automatically greeting people with the Latin kiss hello, etc.)

All of that shit needs to permanently stop.

If you travel to most asian countries, you'll quickly notice this concept is foreign to them.

And you'll be grossed out in china by all the loogie hacking. They just hack and spit.

****ing weird. If you ever visit china you'll see why shit like this spreads so fast there.

I love the new social distancing fad. I cant stand being crowded on.

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2020 10:06 PM

COVID has affected nearly every aspect of my life and because of that, I'm doing some major renovations to my home so that I'm more self-sufficient, especially if another virus causes similar issues.

We have a small laundry room, which is just below a 7x12 balcony off the Master bedroom. I'm having that room demolished and expanded to 12x14, which will include a separate space for the washer and dryer, a utility closet for chemicals, the broom, vacuum, etc. and a refridgerator/freezer. The rest of the room will serve as a pantry, so that I can really stock up on food without the need to head out to shop every 7-10 days.

On top of the new addition, I'm having a room built out off the Master that will become our workout room. We'll have a Tonal or Pelaton, a high end treadmill, probably around 320 pounds of weights and a bench press, a rack of weights, a large area for my wife's Pilates and Yoga exercises and a 75" TV. Our roof access is off the existing balcony so I'll need to put in a "Trap Door" so that there's roof access but it will also be cool to go up there at night, as I can see the entire South Bay/Pacific Ocean from my roof, along with all of Hollywood.

I'm also doing other renovations, including replacing a 10 ton A/C unit with two units so we can finally have our home zoned but that's going to require tearing out some walls and ceilings, which is fine because the exterior walls of the house are very poorly insulated, which is why our electric bill is sky high when it's more than 80 degrees on a daily basis.

We're also fully decking our 1,100 square foot patio which for most of the 17 year we've owned this home, had been a toilet to our two yellow labs that passed away in 2018. We're going to hang lights, install probably a 12x14 covered structure with a fan, TV, bluetooth speakers, a fire pit and whatever else we can think of adding out there.

And while we're at it, we're converting our existing playroom for the kids into more a adult oriented room with one or two of those huge sectional sofas with USB ports and recliners, a couple of 75" TV's for sports and gaming, a gaming table and again, whatever else we can come up with for that room.

The bottom line is that we need to be more self-sufficient and have more options, whether it's food and food storage, exercising and fun so that if this happens again, it won't be quite as difficult to live through and manage.

Chief Pagan 12-04-2020 11:09 PM

If your going to be a prepper, shouldn't you move to eastern Montana?

:Poke:

Stryker 12-04-2020 11:24 PM

Absolutely NONE! This like anything else will pass and life will go on. It is the nature of things.

Stryker 12-05-2020 12:15 AM

Scratch that - bottom line - Is this a political move or is this a true solution. Hence, only time will tell. I will remain skeptical until the immunization is deployed and the over all numbers decrease. That is where I stand. Why I am on the fence - the proof is in the pudding.

Titty Meat 12-05-2020 12:26 AM

It's all shit we should have been doing pre covid anyway

DaneMcCloud 12-05-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15371540)
It's all shit we should have been doing pre covid anyway

This is absolutely true in my case.

I'd been saying for years that we needed a freezer in our garage to cut down on the time I spend each month shopping (which is anywhere from 8-15 hours) but by the time the pandemic hit, literally every freezer within 100 miles had been sold by April. I continued to check all summer long and it wasn't until around October that I found the right sized frost-free unit and by then, I'd put my plans in motion for renovations.

Same with exercise. Before kids, it didn't matter because I'd hit my gym 5 days a week but since 2008, it's been difficult if not impossible. Add to the fact that it's now $5 dollars to park and I'd end up spending $1,200 dollar per year just to park at the gym, it was way past time to create a plan for a workout room in my home. And while I've done the majority of my cardio at Lake Hollywood for the past 10 years, the rainy season made it difficult to put in the time during the winter, so this was long overdue.

The other renovations were going to happen at some point, regardless of the virus but like so many other things this year, it just sped up the process.