ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The flawed logic of Mizzou fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193374)

tomahawk kid 10-05-2008 10:57 AM

I love how all of these Mizzou haters say we have no tradition in football.

Go read on up Dan Devine and Don Faurot assclown...........

Paul Chistman?
Terry McMillan?
Mel Gray?
Kellen Winslow?
Phil Bradley?
Roger Wehrli?

I mean come the fuck on........

SAUTO 10-05-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5083232)
Not really, I expected the loss. I don't recall not being civil though. But I did have a few last night.

i said you were civil

SAUTO 10-05-2008 10:58 AM

gotta go its time for the game

SPATCH 10-05-2008 11:04 AM

so i was thinking about the game today, and i began to lawl...

husker football is the only thing nebraskans have. they live and breathe it.

...and seeing the utter devastation on all of those fans faces as missouri was taking a king-sized dump on their domes... GOD it was ****ing hilarious.

They actually thought they might win ROFLROFLROFL

Frazod 10-05-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 5083085)
Just got home this morning and I knew it was going to be brutal on here...
But Tim... I expect better from you.

What did I say that isn't true?

Undisciplined, heavily penalized loser thugs who spit on people - how is that NOT Raider-like?

DJ's left nut 10-05-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5082965)
even tho mizzou fans will never admit, this post is very true

You're right.

We have certainly been owned by this rambling, non-sensical sequence of non-sequiturs.

I believe the principal said it best: "At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought..."

Valiant 10-05-2008 11:34 AM

Not a fan of MU per say.. But I think you are confusing tradition with ancient history there Sam.. Any tradition you had has been gone quite a while.. Nebraska is not even a shell of what it once was, it is entire new program that has no parallels to their former selves..

King_Chief_Fan 10-05-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5082953)
You say tradition doesn't matter, yet you're so excited about ending your 30-year losing streak in Lincoln.

You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

Something doesn't add up.

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night. I told you how the game would unfold. I don't feel your pain. You can't get it all back in two years.

Tradition is the reason you're so excited. You want what Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma have. You are getting a small taste of it. A national title and a Heisman this season would only be one step. You must sustain similar success over decades.

I think Kansas State and Colorado have more tradition than Mizzou. K-State recently won a conference title. Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Pelini will need several seasons to turn around the program - just like Gary Pinkel and Mark Mangino needed. Nebraska has no talent on either side of the ball. The defense isn't fast enough to blitz effectively. The offense is overrated, and the play calling sucks. I hate some of their pass plays.

It's a process. Instant gratification wasn't going to happen. You know that from your own experience.

Last year's Huskers gave up and made tons of mistakes. This year's Huskers make mistakes because they're too aggressive. I'll take the aggression.

Callahan never would've apologized to the state like Pelini did last night.

Think about the things I have mentioned here.

a bunch of tripe..........scoreboard

PastorMikH 10-05-2008 11:59 AM

Gee Sam, did you take a dump in the woods and wipe with poison ivy or something?

:)

teedubya 10-05-2008 12:00 PM

This thread smells of a vagina without a much-needed douche.

PastorMikH 10-05-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 5083269)
They actually thought they might win ROFLROFLROFL

Heh, not just win, they thought they could shut us out.

:shake:

teedubya 10-05-2008 12:08 PM

Well, my name it is Sam Hall, Sam Hall.
Yes, my name it is Sam Hall; it is Sam Hall.
My name it is Sam Hall an' I hate you, one and all.
An' I hate you, one and all:
Damn MUrons.

We were good in the 80's; so they said.
We were good in the 80's; so they said.
They killed Callahan, they said an' smashed in his head.
An' they left him layin' dead,
Damn MUrons.

Mizzou_8541 10-05-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night.

That's exactly what you are doing.

I, a Missouri fan for 30 years, would be supremely satisfied with a Big 12 Championship.

The win last night was another step in that process.

Is your beer salty yet?

Jewish Rabbi 10-05-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ari Chi3fs (Post 5083818)
This thread smells of a vagina without a much-needed douche.

No JASONSAUTO was in here.

Anyone else like how Sam Hall posted this then fled like a little girl without any rebuttals?

Edit - No offensive Luv :p

KCinNY 10-05-2008 12:41 PM

Nebraska and their fans were just soooooo cute in the 1st quarter when they actually thought they had a chance.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5082960)
Sounds like a load of crap of me.

This

Bootlegged 10-05-2008 12:55 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzmAUXpbZ54&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qzmAUXpbZ54&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2008 12:58 PM

Sam Hall has a serious case of the bitters.

alanm 10-05-2008 01:46 PM

10:30 a.m.: Coach Bo Pelini reacted today to the post-game accusation made by Missouri's Chase Daniel.

The senior quarterback said he was spit on by a Nebraska player before the game started.

Pelini said he didn't hear about that claim until this morning and he plans to do his best to look into it thoroughly.

"I'm going to try to get a hold of coach (Gary) Pinkel today and find out exactly what he's talking about," Pelini said. "That's news to me that something like that happened. And usually, you'd know about something like that.

"I'm going to investigate it and find out because that's unacceptable, if something like that happened."

Daniel also said after the game Saturday that the Huskers were one of the dirtiest teams he's faced. Pelini said he watched film and "didn't see dirty play out there."

Nebraska senior Zach Potter was called for an illegal helmet-to-helmet hit in the first quarter, but it was one of the few times the Huskers made contact with Daniel.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10396039
Daniel better give up a name to Pinkel or else I'm calling bs.

DJ's left nut 10-05-2008 01:48 PM

And when he gives up a name, if it's made public, that guy will deny it and you'll still call BS.

In short, nobody gives a large rat's ass if you call BS.

alanm 10-05-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 5084764)
And when he gives up a name, if it's made public, that guy will deny it and you'll still call BS.

In short, nobody gives a large rat's ass if you call BS.

It matters to me left nut.

crazychiefsfan 10-05-2008 01:56 PM

Tradition lol Nebraska has lost it. Lost it in the coaching, in the fans and in their house. To have Chase Danials go into Nebraska and throw the ball with such confidence without even a hint of intimidation shows that Nebraska has lost alot of tradition. The stuned silence of the fans after the first half mad me laugh the most

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alanm 10-05-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazychiefsfan (Post 5084841)
Tradition lol Nebraska has lost it. Lost it in the coaching, in the fans and in their house. To have Chase Danials go into Nebraska and throw the ball with such confidence without even a hint of intimidation shows that Nebraska has lost alot of tradition. The stuned silence of the fans after the first half mad me laugh the most

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay classy dude.

KChiefs1 10-05-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside58 (Post 5082999)
I'll take "what would a loser Husker fan say?" for $1000.00 Alex.

ROFL

Sam Hall 10-05-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 5083241)
I love how all of these Mizzou haters say we have no tradition in football.

Go read on up Dan Devine and Don Faurot assclown...........

Paul Chistman?
Terry McMillan?
Mel Gray?
Kellen Winslow?
Phil Bradley?
Roger Wehrli?

I mean come the fuck on........

That's not much compared to the programs you so desperately want to defeat.

redbrian 10-05-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5083019)
There is a lot of truth to this thread. MU fans are enjoying it while it lasts because they havent won a national championship in anything relevant for a long long long time.....if ever, I dunno, I havent been alive since 1900.

Basketball once was their respectable sport while Norm was around.....even though he didnt do anything great. He was the Marty Schottenheimer of NCAA Bball. And their football program has been terrible to average for many many years.

This year they finally have the pieces to make a run for a national title. Their offense is the best in the country (I think at least) they have 2 heisman hopefuls along with 2-3 all american players.

This is their year to do it all if theyre gonna do it because if they don't do it this season, they won't do it for a long time. They may come close, but this offense is taylor made for Chase Daniel......he knows the offense like the back of his hand.

Whats better is that MU can run the ball and they can run it well, which makes this offense nearly unstoppable.

But once Daniel, Maclin, and Coffman are gone, This offense isn't going to be anywhere close to what is was this and last season.

I made this same argument to my dad this past basketball season, I told him if KU is going to win a national title they better do it this season because they have the talent to do so and everyone would be leaving after the season regardless.

The same goes for MU fball this season.

MU gets a 5 star recruit here and there. Texas and OU are flooded with the best talent in the NCAA year after year. OU and TX are always ranked in the preseason, usually top 10.

Unfortunately I don't see MU being ranked at all next season.....at least to start out with.

MU is loaded in the underclass......they have played every game and are gaining experince......next year no let down......

Saul Good 10-05-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085485)
That's not much compared to the programs you so desperately want to defeat.

You mean the program we just humiliated in their own stadium on homecoming?

Sam Hall 10-05-2008 04:26 PM

I get home and this thread has over 100 replies. It hit a nerve with somebody. The reason you Mizzou fans don't like it is because you know it's true. I didn't expect you to agree.

As far as Nebraska losing its tradition? Every powerhouse has gone through an extended tough period. Mizzou fans wouldn't know. Tradition can't be lost. For example, just because Notre Dame is losing doesn't mean their tradition is gone. Nebraska and Notre Dame are on similar levels historically.

The traditional powerhouses never leave the spotlight, win or lose.

Mizzou fans don't worry about tradition because it will take them a long time to develop it.

gblowfish 10-05-2008 04:27 PM

Read it and weep.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pag...u_sid=10450989

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-05-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085514)

Like Army?

Sam Hall 10-05-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5085522)
Like Army?

Nobody goes to Army to play football.

Frazod 10-05-2008 04:33 PM

Quote:

I get home and this thread has over 100 replies. It hit a nerve with somebody. The reason you Mizzou fans don't like it is because you know it's true. I didn't expect you to agree.

As far as Nebraska losing its tradition? Every powerhouse has gone through an extended tough period. Mizzou fans wouldn't know. Tradition can't be lost. For example, just because Notre Dame is losing doesn't mean their tradition is gone. Nebraska and Notre Dame are on similar levels historically.

Mizzou fans don't worry about tradition because it will take them a long time to develop it.

You and kc_connected would make a lovely couple. You really should start dating.

redbrian 10-05-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

NU has not been a powerhouse for a long time...they are in the past...they are starting from scratch and have a very long haul before kids will be flocking to play for NU again....

cdcox 10-05-2008 04:37 PM

Why tradition will not matter in the Nebraska rebuild

You rebuild by good recruiting and then making the most of your talent. Tradition can help with recruiting, but only while you are good (or at least percieved to be). Tradition will help Ohio State get better atheletes than Missouri gets, even if Missouri ends up ranked higher. Tradition can help a sucky Penn State team, because there are lots of blue chip players in Pennsylvania, and the idea of helping the Nittny Lions return to greatness is appealing to large numbers of potential recruits. Tradition can help Miami Florida because 1) they are recruiting in talent rich Florida 2) they are recruiting nationally, and 3) lots of kids might like the idea of going to school in Florida.

Nebraska is demographically screwed. Among their fans that want to see them return to greatness are a very few blue chip prospects. To succeed, Nebraska has to recruit nationally. The tradition of Nebraska football isn't going to mean much to these kids; they didn't grow up with it. As years go by, they might not even be aware of it. And you have geography working against you. Who wants to go to college in Nebraska? Your tradition was a resource at one time. I don't think it means squat right now.

I'm not saying Nebraska will never be good again. I'm saying that your tradition isn't going to help in that process. You are in the same situation that any other team is that has aspirations of greatness. You're going to have to do it the hard way, one recruit at a time. One game at a time. Gains will be followed by set backs. There is no guarantees of success. Nebraska has squandered its birth right.

Sure-Oz 10-05-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Enjoy your past tradition bullshit, while MU is doing well....we all know the chiefs had a tradition of getting to the playoffs every year in the 90's, wtf has that done for the Chiefs lately? About as much as Nebraska has done since the option was relevant. Enjoy being the new ND, with your tradition.

the Talking Can 10-05-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

your whining and crying is embarrassing in the same way this is embarrassing:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWSjUe0FyxQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LWSjUe0FyxQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ebolapox 10-05-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085528)
Nobody goes to Army to play football.

yeah, but... at one point, they had as much if not MORE tradition than anybody in history--does that mean they are still in the spotlight?

cdcox 10-05-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

The traditions of Notre Dame and Nebraska are no where near equivalent. Who ever made a hollywood movie about Nebraska football?

What world-wide religion considers playing for Nebrasaka a holy calling?

gblowfish 10-05-2008 04:44 PM

Did I mention Sam Hall can kiss my lemony fresh ass?

Sam Hall 10-05-2008 04:45 PM

You guys will continue to crave wins against Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas. It's because they have things you don't have. Gary Pinkel and Ron Prince talked about being like Nebraska when they were hired.

As for me whining? You didn't see what I was saying all week. I thought Mizzou would win big. Nebraska will only win three more games this season.

Sam Hall 10-05-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5085588)
The traditions of Notre Dame and Nebraska are no where near equivalent. Who ever made a hollywood movie about Nebraska football?

What world-wide religion considers playing for Nebrasaka a holy calling?

They're both in the top three all-time in wins. Nebraska beat the four horsemen.

cdcox 10-05-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085602)
They're both in the top three all-time in wins. Nebraska beat the four horsemen.

How many recruits know that?

How many have seen Rudy?

How many are Catholic?

luv 10-05-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085598)
You guys will continue to crave wins against Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas. It's because they have things you don't have. Gary Pinkel and Ron Prince talked about being like Nebraska when they were hired.

As for me whining? You didn't see what I was saying all week. I thought Mizzou would win big. Nebraska will only win three more games this season.

MU has broken it's losing streak in Lincoln. I would think we crave a win against everyone we play. It's just that, from now on, we know NU will be a cupcake.

Bowser 10-05-2008 05:00 PM

My favorite part of this thread is where the bitter KU fan piggybacks on the sour grapes eating Nebraska fan to get a shot in at Mizzou. A thing of beauty.

Quote:

You started this shit with this lame thread, and you're making yourself look silly throwing wild haymakers with these "tradition" and 'history" references. Nebraska got EMBARRASSED last night, and it wasn't even as close as the 52-17 shows. And we realize you're having a hard time dealing with not only that, but the realization that Nebraska has a long road to walk to get close to the "tradition" you are so holding on to. Have your "tradition"; remeber those teams. Me, I look forward to the tradition that is to come for Missouri.

Brock 10-05-2008 05:00 PM

I love how nebraska fans still think the huskers matter.

KCinNY 10-05-2008 05:00 PM

Flawed logic? How's this for serene logic:

The scoreboard says you're our bitches now, Nebraska.

Bowser 10-05-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5085639)
I love how nebraska fans still think the huskers matter.

It's all they have in sports. The Huskers were so dominant for so long, there are literally generations of Nebraska fans that have no idea how they can lose.

Sure-Oz 10-05-2008 05:02 PM

Your homefield is as great as Arrowhead now, congrats!

Saul Good 10-05-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

It's great how you lump your team in with Oklahoma and Texas so as to piggyback on their success by associating your team with theirs. It's like a Royals fan saying that the Twins crave success against the Yankees, Red Sox, and Royals.

I guarantee that Oklahoma and Texas don't consider you to be on their level any more than the Yankees and Red Sox consider the Royals to be on their level.

Mizzou does crave victories against Texas and Oklahoma. Victories against those teams are what turn great teams into National Champions. We don't crave victories against Nebraska. We assume them.

eazyb81 10-05-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5085975)
It's great how you lump your team in with Oklahoma and Texas so as to piggyback on their success by associating your team with theirs. It's like a Royals fan saying that the Twins crave success against the Yankees, Red Sox, and Royals.

I guarantee that Oklahoma and Texas don't consider you to be on their level any more than the Yankees and Red Sox consider the Royals to be on their level.

Mizzou does crave victories against Texas and Oklahoma. Victories against those teams are what turn great teams into National Champions. We don't crave victories against Nebraska. We assume them.

:clap:

Nice.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-05-2008 06:32 PM

Poor Sam.

triple 10-05-2008 06:36 PM

can't pound missouri anymore - guess you'll have to go back to the sheep

Mizzou_8541 10-05-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085602)

Nebraska is in danger of losing an entire generation of fans.

Also, your tradition didn't keep Blaine Gabbert and Dan Hoch in Nub land.

Saulbadguy 10-05-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 5085975)

:eek:

WilliamTheIrish 10-05-2008 06:48 PM

When I think of all time embarrassing threads I think of:Russ calling Hel'n's son's school.

I think of:Kotter's fake drunkenness.

Usually a poster only has one real doozy.

I think of An Open Letter To Bill Callahan.

And now this thread. Congrats Samwise, you've broken new ground.

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

I agree with much of what you wrote, but this doesn't make any sense. Pinkel's road has NOTHING to do with Pelini's abilities, or lack thereof.

Honestly, in a post about logic, this has to stand out as the worst example.

You know, on second thought, I'm sure this is cathartic for you after last night. Disregard my post, if you wish.

DeezNutz 10-05-2008 07:07 PM

Is it fair to say that a team desperately craves a win when it pulls its starters at the start of the fourth?

Bearcat 10-05-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Dude... Notre Dame has won 13 NCs to Nebraska's 5. Also, in regards to tradition, Notre Dame has won at least one NC in 7 different decades, spanning 70 years, with one 15 year gap.

Nebraska's 5 NCs are all within 2 decades, 2 back-to-back in the 70s and 3 in 4 years in the 90s, with a 23 year gap in between.

Quote:

Notre Dame gets coverage all the freakin' time, and the only way Nebraska can get on national TV is if they play a good team like Mizzou. Even outside of NBC's contract, Notre Dame doesn't even have to do that.

Nebraska's more like Penn State (well, except that Penn State is good at the moment)... won a lot of games and they've have had their moments. Nothing wrong with that, but Nebraska is no Notre Dame.

Ugh, you made me see Notre Dame in a good light... now I need a shower.

Skip Towne 10-05-2008 07:24 PM

I read awhile back that, in order to schedule Notre Dame, you had to guarantee them 25% of the tickets in the stadium. They have a national following you see.

WilliamTheIrish 10-05-2008 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sam:

damaticous 10-05-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5082965)
even tho mizzou fans will never admit, this post is very true

I'm a Mizzou fan and agree with the above. Personally I believe that NFL KickAzz teams only last a few (at most, on average) seasons. How many seasons do a College Team KickAzzz?

To be completely honest I've only gotten interested in College the past few years because of MU.

with that being said, (as I was telling my significant other last night) how long will that last?

I hope the MU domination lasts longer than 5 years (in my heart), but (in my mind) I know the likely chance of that is slim.

Just like the NFL teams are really good for 4-5 years. then they suck for a while, then they get good again.

Personally, I'm thankful for MU. REason? It has piqued my interest in college football that has never been there before.

PastorMikH 10-05-2008 08:31 PM

Awww Sam, it will be OK, you are just in denial right now. This is the same way Tigers fans talked back in the late 70s when we were half a dozen years into a 30 year spiral downward just like you all are right now.

Don't worry, one day, granted it may be halfway through your lifetime, but Nebraska will get back to winning again. (maybe). But in the meantime, you can find some comfort in the fact that after about 15 years of losing you get used to it and it doesn't hurt quite as bad.

Skip Towne 10-05-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH (Post 5086461)
Awww Sam, it will be OK, you are just in denial right now. This is the same way Tigers fans talked back in the late 70s when we were half a dozen years into a 30 year spiral downward just like you all are right now.

Don't worry, one day, granted it may be halfway through your lifetime, but Nebraska will get back to winning again. (maybe). But in the meantime, you can find some comfort in the fact that after about 15 years of losing you get used to it and it doesn't hurt quite as bad.

I agree but the NCAA no longer allows schools to "stockpile" players. The scholarship rules took care of that. Those rules were instigated mainly because of programs like Nebraska. It used to be that if Neb. found out KU wanted a kid they would sign him and bury him on the 5th string. Just to keep KU from getting him. The Nubs are pretty pathetic but football is all they have. Have you ever been to Nebraska?

The Bad Guy 10-05-2008 08:54 PM

This is the same moron that posted this gem last year.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179024

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2008 09:04 PM

In case you're interested in another point of view:

http://ajthoughts.blogspot.com/

Mosbonian 10-05-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

The traditional powerhouses never leave the spotlight, win or lose..

Would that include Yale, Princeton and Harvard? How about Army like was suggested before.

Traditional Powerhouses come and go....there are only a select few that remain and Nebraska isn't one. The closest to a true traditional powerhouse in the Big 8/12 is Oklahoma.

mmaddog

Mosbonian 10-05-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Your early week predictions don't offset the posturing that you are doing right now...in fact you are looking like the BB player who thought the sun was in his eyes when he dropped the ball on the cloudy day.

mmaddog

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5086209)
Sam:

There is nothing you can say to me, K-Stater.

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5085637)
My favorite part of this thread is where the bitter KU fan piggybacks on the sour grapes eating Nebraska fan to get a shot in at Mizzou. A thing of beauty.

You started this shit with this lame thread, and you're making yourself look silly throwing wild haymakers with these "tradition" and 'history" references. Nebraska got EMBARRASSED last night, and it wasn't even as close as the 52-17 shows. And we realize you're having a hard time dealing with not only that, but the realization that Nebraska has a long road to walk to get close to the "tradition" you are so holding on to. Have your "tradition"; remeber those teams. Me, I look forward to the tradition that is to come for Missouri.

Good luck after Daniel, Maclin and Coffman leave.

This season won't mean anything if OU beats you.

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5086081)
When I think of all time embarrassing threads I think of:Russ calling Hel'n's son's school.

I think of:Kotter's fake drunkenness.

Usually a poster only has one real doozy.

I think of An Open Letter To Bill Callahan.

And now this thread. Congrats Samwise, you've broken new ground.

you break new ground every time you post

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 06:22 AM

Mizzou fans trying to rip Nebraska's historical success just goes to show how little they know.

Saulbadguy 10-06-2008 07:00 AM

muh-muh-muh meltdown!

Saulbadguy 10-06-2008 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5087049)
There is nothing you can say to me, K-Stater.

William speaks the truth. This is an embarrassing thread for you.

The Bad Guy 10-06-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5087058)
Mizzou fans trying to rip Nebraska's historical success just goes to show how little they know.

I'm no real fan of a college football team, but this is ****ing bullshit.

You know who cares about history? The fans of teams that currently suck. You only hear Yankee fans ir talking about 10 years ago because their teams now are awful.

Nebraska's teams lately have been dogshit.

Keep preaching history, moron.

Hootie 10-06-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5087114)
I'm no real fan of a college football team, but this is f***ing bullshit.

You know who cares about history? The fans of teams that currently suck. You only hear Yankee fans ir talking about 10 years ago because their teams now are awful.

Nebraska's teams lately have been dogshit.

Keep preaching history, moron.

THE CARDINALS HAVE 10 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

The Bad Guy 10-06-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5087119)
THE CARDINALS HAVE 10 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

I guess since they won 2 years ago, they can talk about that, but I just never understood why preaching about history made one bit of difference.

kepp 10-06-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5083145)
...he just put 52 points on you...

ROFL ...in three quarters :)

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 5087111)
William speaks the truth. This is an embarrassing thread for you.

I'm not afraid to speak my mind, even if it makes people mad. Some people in this thread have said my original post was truthful. I'm not taking it back. There's a reason why Mizzou fans wanted me to feel their pain.

It's just like what I said when the Giants reached the Super Bowl. Lots of people were unhappy because they wanted to see Favre play New England.

luv 10-06-2008 07:41 AM

Would someone let Sam have the last word, so this thread can die?

nychief 10-06-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

You say tradition doesn't matter, yet you're so excited about ending your 30-year losing streak in Lincoln.

Something doesn't add up.

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night. I told you how the game would unfold. I don't feel your pain. You can't get it all back in two years.

Tradition is the reason you're so excited. You want what Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma have. You are getting a small taste of it. A national title and a Heisman this season would only be one step. You must sustain similar success over decades.

I think Kansas State and Colorado have more tradition than Mizzou. K-State recently won a conference title. Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Pelini will need several seasons to turn around the program - just like Gary Pinkel and Mark Mangino needed. Nebraska has no talent on either side of the ball. The defense isn't fast enough to blitz effectively. The offense is overrated, and the play calling sucks. I hate some of their pass plays.

It's a process. Instant gratification wasn't going to happen. You know that from your own experience.

Last year's Huskers gave up and made tons of mistakes. This year's Huskers make mistakes because they're too aggressive. I'll take the aggression.

Callahan never would've apologized to the state like Pelini did last night.

Think about the things I have mentioned here.

its like listening to freakin' Yankee fan.