ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Buehler445 09-09-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10897874)
Yes lilyhammer is cool. Also, check out the killing on netflix

Will do. Thanks.

Skyy God 09-09-2014 05:51 PM

The Knick and Outlander. True Blood is teh ghey.

Buehler445 09-12-2014 07:24 AM

Made it through Boss last night. It was solidly "Meh" until the last episode of the first season. Wow. That was a great hour of television. The second season was pretty solid, but for whatever reason I had a hard time suspending belief. And some of the camera work was mildly irritating. But there are some splendid titties in it.

It's worth a watch. There are only 20 episodes, so the time commitment isn't huge.

Buehler445 09-13-2014 11:07 PM

Holy shit. The Assets was really spectacular. In the beginning it was pretty meh. But It got really damn good towards the middle and ****ing awesome at the end.

AND THEN it turned out to be true. Christ. What a show.

teedubya 09-13-2014 11:47 PM

Here are the best TV shows of all time... as ranked by reviewers on IMDb

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/top

Buehler445 10-09-2014 02:09 PM

Updated.

Finished Rome. It ended up being pretty damned good. I was considering dumping it in the middle of the first season. The second half of the first season and most of the second season is really damn good.

The last episode of the first season is on par with almost anything else out there. Damn good television.

Buns 10-09-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 10909006)
Here are the best TV shows of all time... as ranked by reviewers on IMDb

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/top

Batman:TAS FTW

Buehler445 01-29-2015 04:55 PM

I finished up The Wire. Great TV. Absolutely Great. I had some qualms with the premise of Season 5, but they summed it up well enough for me to forgive it.

Season 4 jacked me up though. The kids angle was tough.

Overall great TV. Really great.

Watching Orange is the new black. I've heard good things about it and boobs.

Buehler445 01-29-2015 04:57 PM

Oh, I also (finally) finished up Sherlock. Also great TV. Well done story telling and acting.

Best Holmes story I've seen.

Chiefnj2 01-29-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11299262)
Oh, I also (finally) finished up Sherlock. Also great TV. Well done story telling and acting.

Best Holmes story I've seen.

Sherlock is excellent. Too bad so few episodes per season.

kcchiefsus 01-29-2015 09:58 PM

Didn't see any mention of The Shield in here. Any thoughts? Just finished Breaking Bad and SOA is over so I'm trying to find some new shows. With Justified also being in it's final season I'm soon to be at a loss for shows to watch.

I was debating between The Shield and The Wire. I downloaded The Shield so I guess that's first on the docket.

Pablo 01-29-2015 09:59 PM

Haven't read much of this thread, but I'm halfway through season two of The Wire. Watch it if you haven't. Excellent thus far.

Buehler445 01-29-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11299700)
Didn't see any mention of The Shield in here. Any thoughts? Just finished Breaking Bad and SOA is over so I'm trying to find some new shows. With Justified also being in it's final season I'm soon to be at a loss for shows to watch.

I was debating between The Shield and The Wire. I downloaded The Shield so I guess that's first on the docket.

The Wire. Watch it. Now.

Baby Lee 01-29-2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10908970)
Holy shit. The Assets was really spectacular. In the beginning it was pretty meh. But It got really damn good towards the middle and ****ing awesome at the end.

AND THEN it turned out to be true. Christ. What a show.

The Americans just debuted it's third season.

Really quality show, if you're into that 80s Cold War thing.

Story told from the POV of Russian spies implanted very young as a married couple in the suburban beltway.

Does a good job of capturing the mood of the time, showing the technological limitations and pending breakthroughs that made spycraft so hard, yet so important. Also, shows the torn allegiances between America clearly providing them and their family a better life, while blaming the deprivations in the homeland on America itself.

Doesn't pull a lot of punches. You'll want to kill for the 'protagonists' in one instance and cry your eyes out for them the next.

Buehler445 01-29-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11299749)
The Americans just debuted it's third season.

Really quality show, if you're into that 80s Cold War thing.

Story told from the POV of Russian spies implanted very young as a married couple in the suburban beltway.

Does a good job of capturing the mood of the time, showing the technological limitations and pending breakthroughs that made spycraft so hard, yet so important. Also, shows the torn allegiances between America clearly providing them and their family a better life, while blaming the deprivations in the homeland on America itself.

Doesn't pull a lot of punches. You'll want to kill for the 'protagonists' in one instance and cry your eyes out for them the next.

Yeah. I'm watching it. Great ****ing show. And I want to do bad things to Keri Russell.

keg in kc 01-29-2015 11:15 PM

I've been catching up on The Americans onAmazon prime. Missed all of the second season. Both seasons are on there for anybody else who's behind or hasn't seen it.

Baby Lee 02-01-2015 11:22 AM

Another great show to catch up on with HBOGo is The Comeback. Kind of HBO's version of Firefly, the show they shouldn't have cancelled.

It is said a lot, but it suffered from being ahead of it's time. It's a mix of Spinal Tap and BBC's The Office in that it's a mockumentary that is heavy on cringe humor.

Lisa Kudrow plays an aging former sitcom star trying to make a 'comeback' by working on a new sitcom at the same time as she's filming a reality show documenting her sitcom comeback. On the sitcom, she's working with a bunch of younger, hipper, sexier and way less mature co-stars, as well as a writing staff that resents the intrusion of her reality show. And the network process changes her character from a prominent professional who lives with the youngsters to a sourpuss old chick who owns the apartment complex and just pops in with curmudgeonly catchphrases.

People weren't clued into just how asinine reality was to become, much like Spinal Tap audiences weren't clued into how asinine rockumentaries would become.

Further, people weren't prepared for cringe-humor like they were when The Office came out soon thereafter in Britain.

Given what's transpired since it first went on, they brought back the show with largely the same cast this fall after 9 years off-air, which I think is unprecedented.

GloucesterChief 02-01-2015 11:30 AM

I see you have Band of Brothers on your list but not The Pacific.

Buehler445 02-01-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11303164)
Another great show to catch up on with HBOGo is The Comeback. Kind of HBO's version of Firefly, the show they shouldn't have cancelled.

It is said a lot, but it suffered from being ahead of it's time. It's a mix of Spinal Tap and BBC's The Office in that it's a mockumentary that is heavy on cringe humor.

Lisa Kudrow plays an aging former sitcom star trying to make a 'comeback' by working on a new sitcom at the same time as she's filming a reality show documenting her sitcom comeback. On the sitcom, she's working with a bunch of younger, hipper, sexier and way less mature co-stars, as well as a writing staff that resents the intrusion of her reality show. And the network process changes her character from a prominent professional who lives with the youngsters to a sourpuss old chick who owns the apartment complex and just pops in with curmudgeonly catchphrases.

People weren't clued into just how asinine reality was to become, much like Spinal Tap audiences weren't clued into how asinine rockumentaries would become.

Further, people weren't prepared for cringe-humor like they were when The Office came out soon thereafter in Britain.

Given what's transpired since it first went on, they brought back the show with largely the same cast this fall after 9 years off-air, which I think is unprecedented.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11303169)

I'll add those two to the list.

Baby Lee 02-01-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11303181)
I'll add those two to the list.

Another neat thing, if you into it, is seeing all the talent that got their start on there. A ton of people who are household names showing up in bit parts. I won't spoil them here, though.

Kind of like going back and seeing all of Jerry's girlfriends through the years on Seinfeld.

Ragged Robin 02-01-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11303169)

because the pacific sucks nuts

CoMoChief 02-04-2015 12:55 PM

Here's a list of about every show I've watched or am currently watching

Netflix
Arrested Development
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
Marco Polo
Peaky Blinders

HBO
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
The Sopranos
Entourage
Band of Brothers
Eastbound & Down
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Game of Thrones
Deadwood

Showtime
Weeds
Shameless

AMC
Breaking Bad
Hell on Wheels
Mad Men
Better Call Saul

FX
Sons of Anarchy
Justified
Archer
It's Always Funny in Philadelphia

Comedy Central
Review
Southpark
Workaholics
Tosh.0

ABC,NBC,FOX,CBS
Parks & Rec
The Office
The Blacklist
Modern Family
Family Guy
Seinfeld
Prison Break

Adult Swim
Tim&Eric Awesome Show
Check it Out w/ Dr.Steve Brule
Robot Chicken
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Molitoth 02-05-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11310562)
Here's a list of about every show I've watched or am currently watching

Pretty good list. No Walking Dead?

Molitoth 02-05-2015 12:30 PM

I just went back and watched the show Jericho (on netflix), which was really nice. Shame it got canceled.

CoMoChief 02-05-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 11312079)
Pretty good list. No Walking Dead?

Never been able to get into the whole zombie thing....same with the whole vampire fad...never could get into true blood although like walking dead, everyone tells me its a badass show. Maybe someday ill come around.

mr. tegu 02-05-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11312922)
Never been able to get into the whole zombie thing....same with the whole vampire fad...never could get into true blood although like walking dead, everyone tells me its a badass show. Maybe someday ill come around.

People tell you True Blood is good? Don't listen.

NJChiefsFan 02-05-2015 09:51 PM

Anybody mention Veep? Got into that this summer and I think it's pretty damn funny.

NJChiefsFan 02-05-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8576820)
Mrs. FMB! and I watched Veep last night - hilarious!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8576906)
Yeah, Veep is hysterical. Though I wonder about it's potential longevity. Hopefully they can keep it fresh. I'm on board, though.

NVM.

TribalElder 02-06-2015 04:00 PM

Need a new Netflix show to watch. Peaky Blinders was kick ass. Couldn't get in to Marco Polo.

Any random suggestions ?

TribalElder 02-06-2015 04:02 PM

Also, the blacklist was quite enjoyable

rocknrolla 02-06-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11314077)

Best network series, by far.

Buehler445 02-06-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11314074)
Need a new Netflix show to watch. Peaky Blinders was kick ass. Couldn't get in to Marco Polo.

Any random suggestions ?

Walking Dead?
Breaking Bad?

Orange is the new black was decent.

TribalElder 02-06-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11314149)
Walking Dead?
Breaking Bad?

Orange is the new black was decent.

I've watched all of those and sons of anarchy. I'm running low on choices lol.

Buehler445 02-06-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11314188)
I've watched all of those and sons of anarchy. I'm running low on choices lol.

Justified? If not watch it now

Buehler445 02-06-2015 07:04 PM

I think Spartacus is on Netflix now. If you haven't seen it, even if you have, enjoy the death and violence.

Longmire and hell on wheels are good.

Baby Lee 02-06-2015 07:05 PM

If you missed Fargo, remedy that.

BBC's Sherlock is a rip roaring set of episodes.

Buehler445 02-06-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11314346)
If you missed Fargo, remedy that.

BBC's Sherlock is a rip roaring set of episodes.

Is Fargo on Netflix? Second the Sherlock.

Simply Red 02-06-2015 07:46 PM

"How to Make it in America"

Simply Red 02-06-2015 07:46 PM

HBO BTW.

Skyy God 02-11-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11314393)
"How to Make it in America"

Aka NYC Entourage

Molitoth 02-12-2015 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11312922)

I've always been "meh" about the Zombie craze as well. I had RL friends putting together zombie apocalypse packs and shit.

The show though... is badass. I'm so glad I put my ego aside and just watched it.

Buehler445 02-12-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 11324048)
I've always been "meh" about the Zombie craze as well. I had RL friends putting together zombie apocalypse packs and shit.

The show though... is badass. I'm so glad I put my ego aside and just watched it.

It's good because it's about the characters not the zombies. Plus it's a well done flick so that helps.

007 02-13-2015 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11314077)

I'm actually losing interest in it. This season just isn't pulling me in like last season did.

Buehler445 02-18-2015 10:26 AM

Caught up on the Walking Dead. Shit is pretty damn good. Just pretty damned good.

I'm normally not much into zombie flicks, but this isn't really a zombie flick. It's about the characters dealing with zombies. Even then, the zombies are pretty well done. You could take most of the character stuff and put it in virtually any situation. It is far more about the characters than the zombies.

Great shit, man.

Baby Lee 02-18-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11333717)
Caught up on the Walking Dead. Shit is pretty damn good. Just pretty damned good.

I'm normally not much into zombie flicks, but this isn't really a zombie flick. It's about the characters dealing with zombies. Even then, the zombies are pretty well done. You could take most of the character stuff and put it in virtually any situation. It is far more about the characters than the zombies.

Great shit, man.

I'd say it's more about 'what would the reality of the fallout be short and long term if zombies roamed the earth' than 'how cool are zombie attacks?" But with cool zombie attacks too.

Buehler445 02-18-2015 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11333726)
I'd say it's more about 'what would the reality of the fallout be short and long term if zombies roamed the earth' than 'how cool are zombie attacks?" But with cool zombie attacks too.

Probably a better articulated version of what I was trying to say. I wonder what the makeup budget for that show is. It has to be huge.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-18-2015 11:18 AM

It's not Breaking Bad level, but if you have Amazon Prime you might check out Bosch.

Buehler445 02-18-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 11333849)
It's not Breaking Bad level, but if you have Amazon Prime you might check out Bosch.

Is that one that Amazon is producing?

NewChief 02-18-2015 12:42 PM

No American Horror Story on the list?

I watched Season 1 and really enjoyed it. I didn't start Season 2 for a long time because the concept just didn't sound that good. I finally started it last week, and I think I like it way more than Season 1. The show is solid.

Buehler445 02-18-2015 12:59 PM

Hmmm. American Horror Story looked epic dumb. Maybe I'll give it a look.

Baby Lee 02-18-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11334037)
Hmmm. American Horror Story looked epic dumb. Maybe I'll give it a look.

It depends on how you like Brad Falchuck

Guy behind Nip/Tuck and Glee.

Definitely legitimate horror, but a lot of his signature touches.

mikeyis4dcats. 02-18-2015 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11333967)
Is that one that Amazon is producing?

yes, all 10 episodes dropped Friday.

Nzoner 02-19-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 11314130)
Best network series, by far.

I haven't started watching this season of The Blacklist yet but imo I think NBC has a major hit on their hands with Chicago PD,I can't get enough of that one.

Clip of a recent episode

Buehler445 02-19-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 11335641)
I haven't started watching this season of The Blacklist yet but imo I think NBC has a major hit on their hands with Chicago PD,I can't get enough of that one.

Clip of a recent episode

Really?

I watched an episode of Chicago Fire with the wife (she loves it) and it was super hokey.

Nzoner 02-19-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11335655)
Really?

I watched an episode of Chicago Fire with the wife (she loves it) and it was super hokey.

Do not like that one at all,they've had a couple of episodes that led into a Chicago PD that I had to watch to get the whole story.

Buehler445 02-19-2015 11:47 AM

Cool man. I'll give it a look.

Nzoner 02-19-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11335938)
Cool man. I'll give it a look.

I can't embed the following so if you have a couple of minutes click the link and check this out.I will say that Voight the head of the intelligence division is a bad ass,over the top at times but his character at least imo is riveting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpQ5sp_IHGw

keg in kc 02-19-2015 04:21 PM

I'm not sure my favorite show right now isn't Suits. I have no idea how they keep that damn thing going on such a thin premise, a constant Sword of Damocles hanging over all of them, but they come up with compelling twist after compelling twist. And they do a fantastic job at manipulating highs so that when the lows come they're like icepicks in the back.

Jerm 02-19-2015 05:15 PM

Busted through The Fall...was kinda meh, esp. the last few episodes. Gillian Anderson is still smoking and Dornan wasn't bad.

Wife and I are going through The Killing right now, in season 3...love it so far.

Baby Lee 02-19-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11336687)
I'm not sure my favorite show right now isn't Suits. I have no idea how they keep that damn thing going on such a thin premise, a constant Sword of Damocles hanging over all of them, but they come up with compelling twist after compelling twist. And they do a fantastic job at manipulating highs so that when the lows come they're like icepicks in the back.

It can be fun plotting, but is shit law.

I watched it as a comedy last night as no one actually looked at anything. And aside from the assumption on the gov records Donna stole, nothing was authenticated.

It's getting to be just beautiful people passing random documents and Litt being amusing.

Almost like Bert Macklin, Private Eye wrote it.

keg in kc 02-19-2015 08:14 PM

I never assumed it was even remotely legally accurate. Hell, them all knowing Mike isn't a lawyer and letting him practice anyway seems a bit ludicrous, just thinking logically. But at the end of the day I really couldn't care less about law, so it doesn't phase me all that much. It's basically a primetime soap opera. The interpersonal relationships have always been the hook. At least for me.

Buehler445 02-19-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11336687)

Yeah. Wife and I were catching that on the dvr, but a storm came through and nuked an episode last spring And we got behind. I need to catch up on netflix.

Buehler445 02-19-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11337234)
I never assumed it was even remotely legally accurate. Hell, them all knowing Mike isn't a lawyer and letting him practice anyway seems a bit ludicrous, just thinking logically. But at the end of the day I really couldn't care less about law, so it doesn't phase me all that much. It's basically a primetime soap opera. The interpersonal relationships have always been the hook. At least for me.

Have you seen the good wife?

Baby Lee 02-19-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11337234)

Yeah, it's usually OK. But sometimes, never moreso than tonight, it's just rapid fire dialog meant to sound erudite, but completely ridiculous.

Probably ten times as ridiculous for doctor shows.

For me, they might as well do the exact same scenes, except the dialog would be like;

Here's a piece of paper. Bring me back another different piece in 24 hours.

[intervening scenes]

Here's another piece of paper. You can't possibly win. [and scene]

NewChief 02-19-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11334050)
It depends on how you like Brad Falchuck

Guy behind Nip/Tuck and Glee.

Definitely legitimate horror, but a lot of his signature touches.

Just watched the episode with the choreographed name game number in the asylum. Ugh. First time I've felt the Glee influence.

keg in kc 02-20-2015 12:51 AM

Haven't seen tonight's but a show I've like much to my surprise is Backstrom.

Buehler445 02-20-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11337624)
Haven't seen tonight's but a show I've like much to my surprise is Backstrom.

Damn. I forgot to set the DVR for that one.

Baby Lee 03-07-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 11312946)
Anybody mention Veep? Got into that this summer and I think it's pretty damn funny.

Love when the new face shows up, and the last second of the promo had me laughing a solid minute.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u9qBDFmbkZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 03-07-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11337244)
Have you seen the good wife?

The Good Wife is probably the most legally accurate fictional show in production, probably more accurate than anything since the earliest years of Law and Order with Moriarty and Robinette.

And the storytelling doesn't suffer for it, but is instead enhanced by the verisimilitude.

SAUTO 03-07-2015 06:09 PM

Fresh off the boat.

If you can make it past the stupid ass intro and theme music, it's pretty funny

noa 03-07-2015 06:55 PM

Woah, Hugh Laurie is going to be on Veep? Awesome. That show packs so many jokes in per minute.
Posted via Mobile Device

Miles 03-08-2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 11366969)
Woah, Hugh Laurie is going to be on Veep? Awesome. That show packs so many jokes in per minute.
Posted via Mobile Device

First I have heard of this. Love that show and great add with him.

Baby Lee 03-20-2015 03:10 PM

Finally binged Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Highly recommend, especially if you liked 30 Rock, same sensibility of irreverent one-off jokes while still carrying a larger narrative.

So many laugh out loud moments, but I won't spoil them just yet.

Netflix Original Series is where you find it. 13 episode first season, already renewed for season two.

Basic story, Ellie Kemper [Erin on The Office] has been kidnapped by a cult leader and kept in a bunker with 3 other women for 15 years, thinking there was an apocalypse outside. The series starts with their rescue, and she decides to move to NY to live life. Lots of fish out of water humor, as well as outdated reference humor. She rooms with a huge black gay man with dreams of broadway somewhere in 'slum class' New York and nannies for an uber rich family.

But the show isn't so much about the premise as the execution.

And as a bonus, were we to wish to move the discussion to DC, the offended class are having a field day because some of the humor actually addresses differences between people, and apparently that's . . . problematic. But we'll leave that for laters.

Buehler445 04-23-2015 10:34 PM

Caught Deadwood finally. That was one **** of a good series. Although I've seen too much Game of Thrones and kept expecting dudes to die horrible deaths because they recently took more prominent roles in the camp. LOL.

The dialog writing in the series was as good as anything out there. Especially being a period piece it's a great flick.

Rausch 04-24-2015 07:45 AM

I really don't like the last 10 years of SNL but just finished binge watching Parks And Rec.

Ron Swanson made that show.

Starlord's stupid assed character was as annoying as anything and made me want to fast forward quite often.

The characters of April and Ron were why I kept watching. I really hope Offerman gets a spinoff...

Frosty 04-24-2015 03:44 PM

Audience channel on DTV has been showing NYPD Blue commercial free and in order. I missed it when it first came out. I have been enjoying it and am surprised at how much is still relevant.

Spoiler!

Buehler445 05-25-2015 08:11 AM

I added Daredevil to the great list. Definitely watch that shit if you like anything comic book. Hell, even if you don't, give it a shot. Well done, IMO.

Also added Orphan Black to the good list. Coudl be great, but has a bit of a time getting out of it's own way, but most definitely worth the watch. Tatiana Maslany does a marvelous job acting the clones, and there is a ton of interesting shit in it.

kcxiv 05-29-2015 05:50 PM

There is this new show on Netflix Between. I enjoyed the first episode. Its a netflix original series, but they didnt release all the episodes at once. They are doing it 1 per week.

Buehler445 08-12-2015 10:08 AM

I started watching Jack Taylor. I haven't heard of it talked about here, but it is goddamned good. It has Ian Glen (Jorah Mormot from GOT) as a private investigator.

Definitely recommend it. Netflix has it.

Also started Boardwalk Empire. It looks to be pretty good also.

keg in kc 08-12-2015 11:52 AM

I've been watching this obscure little show on netflix called "The X-Files" or something like that.

That is to say I'm rewatching all the alien arc episodes in prep for the new mini-season in January. It's amazing how well it still holds up twenty years later.