ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 4 Chiefs on the Chopping Block Next After Marquez Valdes-Scantling Release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352574)

scho63 03-01-2024 05:40 AM

I don't think they can cut Omenihu while he is injured and on IR.

BigRedChief 03-01-2024 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 17423442)
Oh lord Jesus. Can we talk about the content. I don’t think the article is far off.

We are not cutting Toney or Niang just to save a few million. Maybe for production but not to save money.

Charles Omenihu will stay. They want an insurance policy for the playoffs if there is a bunch of injuries.

Reid is the only one we could save money on but he was fantastic last year. He slacks off next year, he's not getting paid on the next contract. I'd keep him. He will ball out next year.

Womble 03-01-2024 05:44 AM

Why isn't Skyy Moore on there? He's dogshit and unlike Toney, his rookie contract isn't fully guaranteed.

BigRedChief 03-01-2024 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17423501)
Why isn't Skyy Moore on there? He's dogshit and unlike Toney, his rookie contract isn't fully guaranteed.

He's not making shit on his rookie deal. Maybe it clicks with him this year. He's got a good burst. I doubt they give up on him now. But, he plays like he has this year, he's gone.

Kman34 03-01-2024 06:46 AM

No way they are moving on from Omenihu, even though he is recovering from the ACL.. Dumb article is dumb.

PAChiefsGuy 03-01-2024 06:51 AM

Justin Reid isn't getting cut... This dude needs to do more research if he wants people to take his articles seriously. What a joke.

Kman34 03-01-2024 07:02 AM

Niang is tackle depth that’s cheap.. He only played in the Charger gm where everyone played all over the place on the line.. He’s a former starter who would be fine if pushed into duty. Article is still dumb..

Rainbarrel 03-01-2024 07:23 AM

Wendy's receipt flies out of Reid's open truck window on to parking lot. Rage builds until article written

Mosbonian 03-01-2024 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17423504)
He's not making shit on his rookie deal. Maybe it clicks with him this year. He's got a good burst. I doubt they give up on him now. But, he plays like he has this year, he's gone.

He plays like he did this year he will be a healthy scratch for many games...and looking for gainful employment elsewhere

kccrow 03-01-2024 07:32 AM

Good points in the article, I'm not going to bang on it.

I think they are being fair about the cost of Reid versus the talent but I think there is some credit in quality leadership and ability to keep the secondary in proper alignments and assignments. He does those things. I think there would be value in trading him if they truly did want to chop some money out there but I really don't think they will get rid of him.

I am on the Toney is a goner bandwagon. Punching your ticket into Reid's doghouse is never a great thing to do but he managed it. I'm sure they'll dangle him out there for a late conditional just to ensure his salary comes off the books though.

Niang is not the type of player you cut. He's on a rookie deal, he's been good enough as a depth piece so far in his career, he plays a valuable position, he hasn't caused strife, and you gain nothing by letting him go.

I think I've stated that I think Omenihu is easy. You offer the guy an extension with the caveat that he lowers his 2024 hit substantially, if not to vet minimum, so that he can rehab and maybe be of some value sometime in November through the playoffs otherwise you cut him and get someone that will be of value through the season. I wouldn't be sentimental over him. Sure, he played well, but business is business.

Marcellus 03-01-2024 08:07 AM

OTC shows Toney with a $0 cap savings if cut because his $2.5MM is guaranteed.

These fools don't know WTF they are talking about.

On the Reid thing I think you try to extend him at a cheaper cost and if that doesn't work out I would cut him. He is good but he isn't $14MM in cap good.

I don't see them cutting Niang unless they draft a tackle they really like, we dont have a lot of options there currently. He is cheap at $1MM.

penguinz 03-01-2024 08:25 AM

Stupid article.

1. Reid has a much greater chance of being extended vs cut.

2. No team is trading for Kadarius

4. Omenihu isn't going anywhere. Especially if Jones leaves.

ThaVirus 03-01-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 17423585)
OTC shows Toney with a $0 cap savings if cut because his $2.5MM is guaranteed.

These fools don't know WTF they are talking about.

On the Reid thing I think you try to extend him at a cheaper cost and if that doesn't work out I would cut him. He is good but he isn't $14MM in cap good.

I don't see them cutting Niang unless they draft a tackle they really like, we dont have a lot of options there currently. He is cheap at $1MM.

Read the last sentence of the Toney portion. They mention a trade.

I bet someone out there would flip us a 6 or 7 for him.

DenverChief 03-01-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17423493)
So should we start a thread if someone on Twitter says something too that doesn’t seem grounded in logic?

No one thinks he’s going to be cut. Obviously. That’s why when you read it you ignore it and never read that stupid website again.

Is it not possible to have a discussion about the facts presented in the article without completely dismissing the article because of the source? I know (as much as a fan can) that Reid isn’t being cut. But the author does present some pretty compelling statistics. My question in the OP is “was Reid really that bad last year?” And everyone goes off the deep end - welcome to the CP equivalent of listening to respond rather than to understand (reading to respond rather than understand).

penguinz 03-01-2024 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17423605)
Read the last sentence of the Toney portion. They mention a trade.

I bet someone out there would flip us a 6 or 7 for him.

No one is trading even a bag of used toilet paper for him.

Do you think the massive amounts of suck he possess is only known in KC?

If this was the first team he was on it might be different. Getting traded twice for being an uncoachable flaming bag of dogshit. won't happen.