ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brett Veach prioritizing re-signing Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352215)

Sassy Squatch 02-08-2024 05:00 PM

May try to extend Reid farther out and lower his 2024 number.

Couch-Potato 02-08-2024 05:04 PM

I believe!

Run it back!!

TREE-****ing-PEAT!!!

Wallcrawler 02-08-2024 05:06 PM

Jones burned his bridge. He's said as much in the pregame against Miami. This is the last time some of us step on this field.

MVS is history. Huge playoff games notwithstanding, it's just way too much money for a player with such a small role on this offense.

Justin Reid has been solid, Sneed has entered his final form. I'd love to keep Sneed but if he wants to get paid, you let the guy go get his money. He's played his ass off for us, and he's earned the right to get that huge payday and financial security if we cannot provide it. No hard feelings, no regrets, just thanks for all that effort and enjoy that financial security.

RunKC 02-08-2024 05:10 PM

I think there is a possibility of bringing back Chris and Sneed and Tranquill.

Cut MVS and extend Reid to save room. Maybe cash in a Mahomes partial restructure like last year?

The consequences of that are that you're looking at signing a Richie James or Justin Watson type WR for vet minimum while relying on the draft to get another playmaker or two.

Basically banking on Veach to do what the Packers did in the draft this year.

Wallcrawler 02-08-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17388200)

Cut MVS and extend Reid to save room. Maybe cash in a Mahomes partial restructure like last year?

The consequences of that are that you're looking at signing a Richie James or Justin Watson type WR for vet minimum while relying on the draft to get another playmaker or two.

There's no way money won't be spent on that wr room. Defense takes a survivable hit, wr room drastically upgrades.

3peat.

OKchiefs 02-08-2024 05:13 PM

I just don’t see how it’s possible while also being able to address other positions of need like WR while also adding depth. I don’t think you could make moves like we did this past offseason to add Omenihu, Edwards, and Tranquill. But who knows, we’ll see.

DRM08 02-08-2024 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17388200)

Need to find more guys like Rice & Pacheco instead of CEH & Skyy Moore in the Draft.

poolboy 02-08-2024 05:27 PM

its prob gonna be like Badger and O. Brown for Jones....asking us to break the bank for them and settling for less somewhere else

DRM08 02-08-2024 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolboy (Post 17388219)
its prob gonna be like Badger and O. Brown for Jones....asking us to break the bank for them and settling for less somewhere else

Just hoping he does not end up in the AFC.

scho63 02-08-2024 05:33 PM

The Cowboys want Jones bad.

Dunerdr 02-08-2024 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17388182)
Sneed is getting the tag so he isn't going anywhere for at least another year.

I think you need to avoid the tag just because of his age. Sign him now and you are in a nice spot to get out in 3-4 years hopefully right before he falls out.

Bwana 02-08-2024 05:47 PM

My guess is Jones plays his last game as a Chief on Sunday. Make it a monster game Chris!

ForeverIowan 02-08-2024 06:20 PM

You just cant pay big $ for a guy approaching the wrong side of 30. Lets hope we can tag and trade him for someone looking to go "all-in" the next year or two and has the cap space to do so (looking at you Lions, Texans).

Keep the rest of the defense intact. Extend 26 year old Justin Reid who is playing the best ball of his career. Tranquill shouldnt break the bank. Neither should Mike Danna. Would love to see them figure out Willie Gay.

Sofa King 02-08-2024 06:22 PM

Keep in mind, Bolton, Creed, Trey Smith all coming up next year too.

RedinTexas 02-08-2024 06:24 PM

I'm still holding out hope for the sales pitch. "Come back and play for Andy. Come back and play with Patrick. Come back and be part of this dynasty. Let us figure out where we stand with everyone and we'll pay you as much as we reasonably can, but we can't pay you everything you want and still sign the other pieces that make this team formidable."

It worked for the Patriots for years, it's got to work for us with some of them at least.