ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How Patrick Mahomes is trying to become more like Tom Brady (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349599)

Titty Meat 07-31-2023 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17037669)
Brittney is hotter than Jizzelle

No

New World Order 07-31-2023 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17037685)
No

Yes

GoForIt 08-01-2023 01:04 PM

It really does bug you guys that Tom Brady is the gold standard.

Just know, every single time Mahomes makes a play, wins or loses a game, signs his next mammoth deal, he will always and forever be compared to the GOAT TB12.

Eleazar 08-01-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 17038565)
It really does bug you guys that Tom Brady is the gold standard.

Just know, every single time Mahomes makes a play, wins or loses a game, signs his next mammoth deal, he will always and forever be compared to the GOAT TB12.

Regardless of how a person feels about Brady, we're lucky we have a QB who not only considers the best to be his standard, but has oriented his entire approach around that.

They were the same age when they won their first Super Bowls, and he's only 1 behind where Brady was at the same age. I'm sure Mahomes will feel that he can put his name right up there. Whether he does or doesn't, that's the sort of person you want.

GoForIt 08-01-2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 17038607)
Regardless of how a person feels about Brady, we're lucky we have a QB who not only considers the best to be his standard, but has oriented his entire approach around that.

They were the same age when they won their first Super Bowls, and he's only 1 behind where Brady was at the same age. I'm sure Mahomes will feel that he can put his name right up there. Whether he does or doesn't, that's the sort of person you want.

I agree. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. To win at the level Brady did, you have to be willing to sacrifice money. There is no way around it in the cap era. We will see how Mahomes next contract falls but if he is up over $50/million per year, it is going to be virtually impossible for him to catch Brady. I think it's impossible no matter what as 7 rings is just a ridiculous number. Also, Andy Reid is a lot older than when Belichick began with Brady. Mahomes won't have Reid for his entire career so it is paramount that he wins as much as possible in the next 3-5 years.

FlaChief58 08-01-2023 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 17038645)
I agree. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. To win at the level Brady did, you have to be willing to sacrifice money. There is no way around it in the cap era. We will see how Mahomes next contract falls but if he is up over $50/million per year, it is going to be virtually impossible for him to catch Brady. I think it's impossible no matter what as 7 rings is just a ridiculous number. Also, Andy Reid is a lot older than when Belichick began with Brady. Mahomes won't have Reid for his entire career so it is paramount that he wins as much as possible in the next 3-5 years.

Why are you so concerned with a new contract that won't happen for another 8 years from now?

GoForIt 08-01-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 17038689)
Why are you so concerned with a new contract that won't happen for another 8 years from now?

Mahomes is getting a new contract waaay before 8 years with Lamar and Herbert now making more than him and soon Burrows. I believe something may be done before the start of this season or definitely next off-season.

RealSNR 08-01-2023 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 17038645)

Mahomes just won a Super Bowl with the highest contract in terms of percentage of the salary cap in NFL history.

When the cap continues to rise, you seriously think $50 million is going to crater his chances?

FlaChief58 08-01-2023 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 17038692)
Mahomes is getting a new contract waaay before 8 years with Lamar and Herbert now making more than him and soon Burrows. I believe something may be done before the start of this season or definitely next off-season.

You obviously live under a rock so, let me help you. Mahomes himself has repeatedly said he knew what signing that contract meant and that he's happy with where he's at. He doesn't want to bleed every dollar he can out of the Chiefs even though they would pay him anything he wanted. He wants to leave money for Veach to be able to keep the team competitive year in and year out.

Mahomes will be the nfl's first billionaire when it's all said and done. Now his mission is to be the best that's ever played the game and he knows he can't do it by himself.

That's what has people like you and florio scared shitless.

DJay23 08-01-2023 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 17038713)
He wants to leave money for Veach to be able to keep the team competitive year in and year out.

Which is what Brady did.

Chief Pagan 08-01-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 17038692)

Is that you Florio?

GoForIt 08-01-2023 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaChief58 (Post 17038713)
You obviously live under a rock so, let me help you. Mahomes himself has repeatedly said he knew what signing that contract meant and that he's happy with where he's at. He doesn't want to bleed every dollar he can out of the Chiefs even though they would pay him anything he wanted. He wants to leave money for Veach to be able to keep the team competitive year in and year out.

Mahomes will be the nfl's first billionaire when it's all said and done. Now his mission is to be the best that's ever played the game and he knows he can't do it by himself.

That's what has people like you and florio scared shitless.

You seriously think he is not going to sign another deal for 8 years?

GloucesterChief 08-01-2023 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 17038607)

How many did Brady have at Mahomes age without cheating though? That is the question.

FlaChief58 08-01-2023 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoForIt (Post 17038722)
You seriously think he is not going to sign another deal for 8 years?

I could see him asking for a raise when Andy retires, but even then he won't rape the team

New World Order 08-01-2023 02:19 PM

Brady had 1 td/1 int his first postseason.

That’s pathetic