ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What Makes Mahomes So Great (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336334)

displacedinMN 01-15-2021 09:55 AM

He is much nicer and a more genuine person than Jordan, Brady, Farve, LeBron combined.

frozenchief 01-15-2021 12:44 PM

Michael Lombardi has an article about Urban Meyer in The Athletic. In it, he quotes Jeff Van Gundy as saying, "Your best player must set the tone of intolerance for anything that gets in the way of winning."

That describes Mahomes to a T. He not only has transcendent athletic abilities, but he has no tolerance for anything that "gets in the way of winning." Yet he does not do it as an asshole. You can see how much fun he has with Kelce, Hill and his teammates. I think that is an interesting contrast to Jordan because Jordan had that same intolerance but Jordan was not as personable as Mahomes.

I enjoy watching Mahomes play football but I love watching Mahomes play football for the Chiefs.

Fish 01-15-2021 12:54 PM

Field vision, determination, intelligence, and arm strength.

ChiefsFanatic 01-15-2021 01:09 PM

I heard a rumor that he played short-stop, and it's possible that experience may have helped him be a better QB.

I can't site a source, or anything like that, but I have heard some people mention it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Easy 6 01-15-2021 02:45 PM

We all know about the superlative physical gifts, but one thing that maybe gets overlooked a lil bit is the fact he grew up in a pro sports household

Like a lifelong finishing school on how to BE a pro athlete... how hard you have to practice and study, how to handle the press and other outside distractions, how to take care of your body, how to balance sports with your family life etc etc etc

It really added to his toolkit of intangibles

Baby Lee 01-15-2021 11:01 PM

You know, it strikes me that the Steelers gave Mahomes and Reid a huge gift.

Not just losing the game, but ****ing up early and exploding late.

They now have a Vegas buffet of what to do and not do against the Browns to munch on right up until kickoff.

A full prime rib with carving station of horrible mistakes, followed by nearly record-setting offensive output. It was desperation driven but if old Rapey can do it, Mahomes can do it without the mistakes and 10x better.

Ming the Merciless 01-15-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 15477113)
First it is leadership. His teammates love him, and I have never heard of a teammate ever having anything bad to say about him. Skill wise there were guys with his arm talent, Jeff George, Favre come to mind, .

utter horse shit from an Alexian hater. you of all people should know that leadership.is great but doesn't get far without the skills & courage to go downfield....velocity wise , Mahomes blows away others. his vision & arm is ABSOLUTELY what seperates him .....a lot easier to get the troops to rally around you when you're throwing BOMBS instead of check downs.

Ming the Merciless 01-15-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15477714)
Field vision, determination, intelligence, and arm strength.

these

stevieray 01-16-2021 08:19 AM

He wants to be GREAT, and is willing to put the work in to achieve greatness.

"This is only the beginning"

I believe him.