ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Listen to How Awesome Life Has Been for My Baby Bro Since the Chiefs Won the SB! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329813)

Bwana 03-11-2020 07:42 AM

Very nice. :thumb:

TwistedChief 03-11-2020 08:36 AM

That's awesome, sir. Congrats on a wonderful start to the decade.

The Franchise 03-11-2020 08:44 AM

Congrats man.....that’s ****ing sweet.

Halfcan 03-11-2020 09:19 AM

Congrats! It is always great to see a kid so dedicated and hardworking finally win the big one. That is a HUGE accomplishment. It takes more than just talent to ascend to the very top- it takes a lot of heart.

Best wishes to you and your family.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-11-2020 09:30 AM

Congrats to your family and brother, seems like it’s been quite a start to 2020.

Some friendly advice I’ll add — and my line of work veers right along with this sort of thing, I’ve learned from some pros when I say this: if he really wants a shot at the football thing, he needs to start now. From an evaluator’s perspective, if he waits, the narratives that he will have to fight is “he didn’t love the game enough to play it in college” and it’s going to be damn near impossible to get a real look from the NFL without any college tape. The Antonio Gates’es of the world are unicorns, and as a basketball player converting to TE, it was something more feasible.

If he starts playing football now and shows the requisite pro athletic traits, produces at a very good clip @ the NAIA level... he’ll have a shot. The athletic traits and competitive toughness elements will be most important though because some guys don’t produce as a matter of circumstances (see George Kittle @ Iowa). Then the narrative becomes “he loved football so much that he converted despite being a national champion wrestler”. Talent evaluators LOVE good wrestlers too.

If he plays the game and has true NFL athletic ability, he will probably get a look or two. But that’s something that you only do if he truly loves the game and wants that. A lot of potential sacrifice involved.

LoneWolf 03-11-2020 09:35 AM

Cool as hell, Rico. Congrats to your brother! Your entire family must be proud as he sounds like not only a great athlete but a well rounded individual.

phisherman 03-11-2020 09:35 AM

My favorite part, "I want two more!".

burt 03-11-2020 09:47 AM

That kid he beat in the first vid was a stud...making your brother an ALFA MALE STUD! I couldn't be much more impressed! Those 2 were gettin' it! Congratulations!

He looks so small, and to think I wrestled at 150 in college!

TimBone 03-11-2020 09:57 AM

Congrats to your bro, man. I saw your post about the Championship and meant to tune in, but got busy with family stuff.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rain Man 03-11-2020 10:06 AM

Congrats to him! Maybe you can be the next Jackson Mahomes standing behind him on the victory stand.

rico 03-11-2020 03:35 PM

Thanks to everyone! For real! And I’m relieved you aren’t harshin me for saying he wants to play football because I fully believe that he could maybe do it. He is a FREAK... an inventive, powerful athlete that the fans just love. Hahaha, so if there are any Chiefs brass reading this, the kid is a Chiefs fanatic... he would bust skulls and make it look easier than you’d expect... and he’s just a true Sophomore! He hasn’t peaked! This has been so fun!

rico 03-11-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 14834651)
That kid he beat in the first vid was a stud...making your brother an ALFA MALE STUD! I couldn't be much more impressed! Those 2 were gettin' it! Congratulations!

He looks so small, and to think I wrestled at 150 in college!

He carries a lot of weight in his legs... that was the big comment people kept making at Nats.

rico 03-11-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 14834637)
My favorite part, "I want two more!".

And he will get it! Probably with ease from here on out! He’s still progressing! I love that part too.

rico 03-11-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 14834501)
Very nice. :thumb:

Ah shit I meant to hit the thumbs up!

rico 03-11-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 14834635)
Cool as hell, Rico. Congrats to your brother! Your entire family must be proud as he sounds like not only a great athlete but a well rounded individual.

Thanks so much man! Was hoping you’d reply for you’ve followed along with me on here for years!