ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Denver infested with the Plague... literally. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324245)

Hydrae 08-02-2019 03:39 PM

I know there are real serious concerns about this in LA too but there they are blaming a lot of it on the huge number of homeless they have nowadays.

Rain Man 08-02-2019 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14375666)
There were hundreds if not thousands of prairie dogs all over the Denver Tech Center in open fields. We would walk our dogs out there and my Dachshund would go nuts digging for hours in those fields.

Interesting though as we never once had a tick/flea problem while we were out there. Never even bothered to give the dogs meds for it.

Now that you mention it, I was told by a veterinarian when I moved to Denver that fleas can't live here. It was too dry. We had just adopted a cat and he told us to remove his flea collar. So why are there fleas on prairie dogs?

Rain Man 08-02-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14375651)
It's the only way to be sure.

(Frantically arranging rocks to spell out SOS.)

Deberg_1990 08-02-2019 04:00 PM

Denver’s been infested with rats for decades

FlaChief58 08-02-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14375682)
I know there are real serious concerns about this in LA too but there they are blaming a lot of it on the huge number of homeless they have nowadays.

It's not so much the homeless as it is the rats breeding out of control due to a never-ending supply of trash to eat. (Piled up by the homeless) so I guess we can blame those stinking homeless for being poor and I'm sure Trump has something to do with it.

Rain Man 08-02-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14375706)
Denver’s been infested with rats for decades

Can't argue that.

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/...e-Shanahan.jpg

Iowanian 08-02-2019 04:41 PM

I might sure they got it from about 53 mangie donkeys that inhabit the area.

If they need the situation sorted out, I could be hired.

MahiMike 08-02-2019 05:14 PM

Are the prairie dogs black? If so we should call them prairie Dawgs.

Megatron96 08-02-2019 05:22 PM

We have the same problem with the prairie dog population near Seligman AZ. Game and Fish has been trapping them to assess the degree of infestation. I'm pretty sure it's drier in the high desert near Seligman than it is in Denver, and the p-dogs in Seligman definitely have plague-ridden fleas.

P-dog management usually means shooting them en masse. Lots of fun with high-velocity, explosively-expanding projectiles.

Rain Man 08-02-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14375780)
Are the prairie dogs black? If so we should call them prairie Dawgs.

When I did my epic northern road trip last month, we stopped at a prairie homestead museum that featured white prairie dogs, which is apparently unusual.

The museum had an area where you could walk around and look at a sod house and some farm equipment, and the prairie dog holes were all around. As we walked, the prairie dogs were emphatically sounding alarms that we were in the area. And I found myself wondering why they still do that in a museum where you presumably have people regularly walking around. It seems like those prairie dogs must live a high-stress life if they're sounding the alarm for every visitor.

Rain Man 08-02-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14375784)
We have the same problem with the prairie dog population near Seligman AZ. Game and Fish has been trapping them to assess the degree of infestation. I'm pretty sure it's drier in the high desert near Seligman than it is in Denver, and the p-dogs in Seligman definitely have plague-ridden fleas.

P-dog management usually means shooting them en masse. Lots of fun with high-velocity, explosively-expanding projectiles.

Well, that would sure disappoint me if we have fleas here. I've long considered that a selling point.

Dartgod 08-02-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14375786)
When I did my epic northern road trip last month, we stopped at a prairie homestead museum that featured white prairie dogs, which is apparently unusual.

The museum had an area where you could walk around and look at a sod house and some farm equipment, and the prairie dog holes were all around. As we walked, the prairie dogs were emphatically sounding alarms that we were in the area. And I found myself wondering why they still do that in a museum where you presumably have people regularly walking around. It seems like those prairie dogs must live a high-stress life if they're sounding the alarm for every visitor.

I'm sure they're paid to do that. For the tourists you know.