ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Rocketman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323218)

Easy 6 06-02-2019 01:43 PM

Loves me some EJ, I'd take him over Billy Joel 8 days a week... but am not as excited about this as I was Bohemian Rhapsody

SAUTO 06-02-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14292191)
Loves me some EJ, I'd take him over Billy Joel 8 days a week... but am not as excited about this as I was Bohemian Rhapsody

Bohemian rhapsody is better

Deberg_1990 06-02-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14292483)
Bohemian rhapsody is better

Bohemian Rhapsody was fine. But that was more of a straight forward biopic. This happened, then this happened, then this happened......

Rocketman is more like a musical fantasy version of Johns life.

Chiefspants 06-02-2019 08:13 PM

Excited to see this

DaFace 06-02-2019 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14292496)
Bohemian Rhapsody was fine. But that was more of a straight forward biopic. This happened, then this happened, then this happened......

Rocketman is more like a musical fantasy version of Johns life.

I'd actually even say that I liked Rocketman better overall. Bohemian Rhapsody was great, but I'm not a huge fan of all the stuff they made up just for the sake of drama. Rocketman was less plot-driven as a result, but I still found it entertaining.

Really, though, both were great.

comochiefsfan 06-02-2019 09:33 PM

This movie is miles better than Bohemian Rhapsody.

Bohemian Rhapsody was extremely overrated. Not bad, but incredibly bland. This movie kills BR in everything. Costume design, cinematography, pacing, and Edgerton is just as good as Malek in my opinion.

DaFace 06-02-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14292598)
This movie is miles better than Bohemian Rhapsody.

Bohemian Rhapsody was extremely overrated. Not bad, but incredibly bland. This movie kills BR in everything. Costume design, cinematography, pacing, and Edgerton is just as good as Malek in my opinion.

I do agree it's possible he could be a consideration for at least nomination for best actor. He was great.

BigRedChief 06-03-2019 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14291421)
There is a sex scene, so if you're uncomfortable with dudes making out, it might bother you. There's no nudity, though, and it pans away as it's getting to the point that you really don't want to see (as a straight dude).

At this point if your buttcheeks clinch up seeing a couple of dudes kissing in a movie, thats on them not the filmmakers. Freddie Mercury and Elton John were gay. The vast majority of society during their prime was not okay with people being gay. Entertainers were tolerated but off the stage, they were treated harshly for just being born that way.

DaFace 06-03-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14292726)
At this point if your buttcheeks clinch up seeing a couple of dudes kissing in a movie, thats on them not the filmmakers. Freddie Mercury and Elton John were gay. The vast majority of society during their prime was not okay with people being gay. Entertainers were tolerated but off the stage, they were treated harshly for just being born that way.

To be fair, calling it "kissing" is a bit of an understatement. I agree with you in principle, but I was definitely glad it cut away when it did.

vailpass 06-03-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

U so woke. Teach us moar.

vailpass 06-03-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14292812)
To be fair, calling it "kissing" is a bit of an understatement. I agree with you in principle, but I was definitely glad it cut away when it did.

Did you see where Russia had to take it a step further and edit out a few minutes of the movie to get rid of anything that hinted at teh butssexxors?

srvy 06-03-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Know how I know you got wood watching two cowboys kiss on Buttseks Mountain?

DaFace 06-03-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 14293311)
Did you see where Russia had to take it a step further and edit out a few minutes of the movie to get rid of anything that hinted at teh butssexxors?

Yeah, I heard about that (and I think I heard Elton was pissed off about it). It's crazy to think of living in a place where the government gets involved in what can and can't be shown in a movie.

Buehler445 06-03-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14293367)
Yeah, I heard about that (and I think I heard Elton was pissed off about it). It's crazy to think of living in a place where the government gets involved in what can and can't be shown in a movie.

Dude. The 90s wasn’t that long ago. Remember when politicians here wanted to ban rap? Shits weird yo.

vailpass 06-03-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14293567)
Dude. The 90s wasn’t that long ago. Remember when politicians here wanted to ban rap? Shits weird yo.

You cite the one example of censorship that would have benefited the country?