ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What happened to Ben Niemann? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321380)

BlackOp 02-18-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14112071)
My goodness people. He compiled his “stats” going against #3’s.

Let’s not get carried away. Cheap, young player who shows some savvy and instincts, but not exactly a top-shelf athlete nor phyiscal specimen.... not a fluid mover and needs to add strength. DEPTH AND SPECIAL TEAMER.

Which people are you addressing?

I haven't seen anyone anointing him...only that he showed potential. It's a position where the Chiefs need to improve...nothing more, nothing less.

Will he amount to anything...who knows...but he did look good when he played.

I thought it was worth talking about...being that he graded out #1 in the entire NFL preseason.

When you have unheralded players like him...you look for them "to make plays" when given the chance...which is exactly what he did.

oldman 02-18-2019 09:40 AM

I was high on him during the preseason, but he seemed a little lost in a 3-4. If we move to a 4-3, I can see him having a chance. A year of strength conditioning along with some bulk could pay off. He seems to be a heady player and isn't afraid to stick his nose in to lay a hit on someone. Oldman likes guys that know how to hit.

tyton75 02-18-2019 09:44 AM

Not every guy is "starter" material; but it great to have a solid guy as a backup. I think he fits that roll that Dan Sorenson once filled. A solid guy, with obvious weaknesses; off the bench.

scho63 02-18-2019 10:28 AM

Her caught a case of "Catapano" and that was pretty much it.

ChiefGator 02-18-2019 10:50 AM

He wasn't that slow really. he ran a 4.78 40. Compare that to the players at the top of the OLB draft list this year, and the top guys are in the 4.63-4.68 range. That is not enough difference to be significant.

Will be interesting how he does after a year training and getting some experience under his belt.

Moving to a new scheme is going to bring some of these players that were 'marginal' before up a notch or two.

BWillie 02-18-2019 02:26 PM

He seemed to play just fine when given opportunity. Didn't get alot of playing time is all.

oldman 02-18-2019 02:32 PM

Didn't he get hurt toward the end of the season? Not enough to be on IR, but I seem to remember him being nicked up.

htismaqe 02-18-2019 02:37 PM

In the 4-3, he's likely going to be a permanent backup at both MLB and WLB. Honestly, I think that may be where DOD is headed too.

Discuss Thrower 02-18-2019 02:45 PM

He died of a heroin OD after he had a bad night on the kit at the Village Vanguard.

Bowser 02-18-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14112826)
In the 4-3, he's likely going to be a permanent backup at both MLB and WLB. Honestly, I think that may be where DOD is headed too.

I'm ok with that, especially at this point in their careers. Solid special teamers, solid backups - every team needs those.

Chris Meck 02-18-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14112826)

more than likely for Niemann, yeah. DoD? I don't think so. I think he's your penciled-in starter at Will.

htismaqe 02-18-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14112878)
more than likely for Niemann, yeah. DoD? I don't think so. I think he's your penciled-in starter at Will.

Not if they draft someone like Devin Bush, I think he'll end up on the bench.

Chris Meck 02-18-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14112890)
Not if they draft someone like Devin Bush, I think he'll end up on the bench.

maybe.

But it seems to me that CB and S would be the targets in those first few picks; or maybe a true SAM backer in the 2nd or 3rd.

but maybe. who knows?