ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Dustin Colquitt’s Eventual Replacement... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321175)

Hoover 02-07-2019 11:49 AM

I'd be all for drafting a punter late to save a couple million bucks. Colquitt has earned over 32 million in his career with the Chiefs.

jjchieffan 02-07-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14095552)
I'd be all for drafting a punter late to save a couple million bucks. Colquitt has earned over 32 million in his career with the Chiefs.

That's a lot of money for a punter. He was worth every dime before Mahomes though. I can't imagine the Chiefs being as successful as they were prior to this season without the consistent field position gains that Colquitt provided.

Hoover 02-07-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14095575)
That's a lot of money for a punter. He was worth every dime before Mahomes though. I can't imagine the Chiefs being as successful as they were prior to this season without the consistent field position gains that Colquitt provided.

Agreed. And now I'd replace him this year or next. We don't need a punter like that any more.

Pitt Gorilla 02-07-2019 12:22 PM

The kid from Texas would have been Colquitt's replacement.

bowener 02-07-2019 01:30 PM

I want the NFL to evolve the punting game. No more punters. You draft an athlete like Taysom Hill (but not as good) and you have them learn to punt rugby style. You always roll the pocket one way or another and you always have it set up for an RPPO (Run, Pass, Punt option). Always having to account for a fake will keep a lot of teams from being able to set up a good return, and kicking the ugly weird ruby style thing makes it tricky to catch off the bounce and they roll for miles if nobody touches them.

The other option is to get your starting QB to learn to kick this way then line up in normal formations on every 4th down and they can decide to punt it from the shotgun if they wish.

MIAdragon 02-07-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14095104)
That guy looks like he might try to sell you a stolen TV

Fits right in being in Miami.

seclark 02-07-2019 01:37 PM

I think I’ve partied with that guy.
Sec

Pitt Gorilla 02-07-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14095841)
I want the NFL to evolve the punting game. No more punters. You draft an athlete like Taysom Hill (but not as good) and you have them learn to punt rugby style. You always roll the pocket one way or another and you always have it set up for an RPPO (Run, Pass, Punt option). Always having to account for a fake will keep a lot of teams from being able to set up a good return, and kicking the ugly weird ruby style thing makes it tricky to catch off the bounce and they roll for miles if nobody touches them.

The other option is to get your starting QB to learn to kick this way then line up in normal formations on every 4th down and they can decide to punt it from the shotgun if they wish.

I've often wondered why more teams don't try this. Nothing more backbreaking than a team getting a first down on 4th down.

Dayze 02-07-2019 01:53 PM

I wonder what percentage of punts and kickoffs are actually entertaining?
5%? 10%?

punts and kickoffs are usually when I get up to go to the john as they're likely fair caught or a touchback. and if by chance one is returned, I know we'll just have a holding or a block in the back penalty anyway. LMAO