ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs That was our best shot and we missed it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320792)

HemiEd 01-22-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062866)
Maybe I’m just being negative because of a heartbreaking loss, but would you care to actually dispute what I’m saying?

We haven’t been this healthy for the playoffs in Reid’s entire tenure. I just don’t see it happening again in the next couple of years.

I am not sure this one gets in the top five.

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 06:42 AM

I can appreciate the optimism, and maybe "up" is about the only way the 31st ranked D can go, but so far the high probability that Bob will be gone amounts to a prayer instead of some science behind how this band of apparent idiots would play measurably better under Andy's next pick to play the role. And with the prospect of day-2-day Haglund being back, there might some justified concern.

ChiTown 01-22-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14062889)
I am not sure this one gets in the top five.

How does an OT loss in the AFC CG at hone not make the Top 5?

TwistedChief 01-22-2019 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062866)
Maybe I’m just being negative because of a heartbreaking loss, but would you care to actually dispute what I’m saying?

We haven’t been this healthy for the playoffs in Reid’s entire tenure. I just don’t see it happening again in the next couple of years.

Worst defense in the league. Led the league in penalties. Have what looks like an easier schedule next season overall.

I like our chances.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2019 06:57 AM

Have no clue why you guys are worried about the cap and Patrick. In 2 years when they have a lockout all this stuff is gonna change the players will not give in this time around.

FringeNC 01-22-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062847)
I know it sounds irrational because it was essentially just year 1 for Mahomes, but this was probably our best ****ing shot and we failed (because of a ****ing offsides penalty). We have two more years of Mahomes on his rookie deal (he’ll get paid before year 5), and I just feel like it’s unlikely that we get the 1st seed with a relatively injury free season again before it’s time to pay up.

I understand the sentiment, and half the time I feel that way myself, but I think there is probably more of a chance that this season represents the start of a Chiefs dynasty. Mahomes may be that good. No doubt -- this loss hurts

Reerun_KC 01-22-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062855)
Yea our defense is going to be soooo much better next year

Except it’s not, and it’s highly unlikely that Pat, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Fisher, Schwartz, Jones, Ford, and Houston are ALL healthy again next year.

Ford and Houston both need to go. BDB is worthless. Needs to go. The savings there rebuilds this defense

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 07:03 AM

Hell, we were already playing with a cap handicap this year anyway. Just look at all the wasteful spending on defense. You add all that up and it's pretty damn close to the future cap hit of Mahomes.

notorious 01-22-2019 07:05 AM

The Pats tried to choke the game away with turnovers. This should have been a complete blowout.

Yeah, the Chiefs squandered a gift wrapped game. Thanks Ford.

Chris Meck 01-22-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14062894)
I can appreciate the optimism, and maybe "up" is about the only way the 31st ranked D can go, but so far the high probability that Bob will be gone amounts to a prayer instead of some science behind how this band of apparent idiots would play measurably better under Andy's next pick to play the role. And with the prospect of day-2-day Haglund being back, there might some justified concern.

If you watched that defense and think it was well coached, fundamentally sound, and schematically sound, I don't know what to tell you.

Again, 3 former #1 picks, 4 former #2 picks, Houston and a bunch of #3 round picks. That's not bottom feeder talent.

Eleazar 01-22-2019 07:07 AM

Our defense is terrible. It's amazing that we got this far. We lost only to the greatest head coach and QB of all time.

Take your medicine. The future is bright.

farmerchief 01-22-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14062912)
If you watched that defense and think it was well coached, fundamentally sound, and schematically sound, I don't know what to tell you

If Andy really takes a hard look at all the previous playoff losses, what you mentioned has reared its ugly head in all of them! Damn his loyalty if he doesnt see fit to make a change at the top of the D!:#

FringeNC 01-22-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062847)
I know it sounds irrational because it was essentially just year 1 for Mahomes, but this was probably our best ****ing shot and we failed (because of a ****ing offsides penalty). We have two more years of Mahomes on his rookie deal (he’ll get paid before year 5), and I just feel like it’s unlikely that we get the 1st seed with a relatively injury free season again before it’s time to pay up.

I understand the sentiment, and half the time I feel that way myself, but I think there is probably more of a chance that this season represents the start of a Chiefs dynasty. Mahomes may be that good. No doubt -- this loss hurts

Why Not? 01-22-2019 07:17 AM

Defense nowhere near good enough for this to be a complete enough team to consider this our best shot.

HemiEd 01-22-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14062896)
How does an OT loss in the AFC CG at hone not make the Top 5?

I guess I am used to it and it doesn't upset me as much anymore. It is pretty much expected.

Don't get me wrong, I was upset, but not devastated like some of the others.

It is purely entertainment and it was a nice season with better to come.

As a Chiefs fan, I fully expect the other shoe to drop.