ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Paylor: Patrick Mahomes' busted lip among telling priorities (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320733)

DRM08 01-21-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14060590)
FWIW, I agree with all of this.

Ragland has been a bad hire from day 1. I honestly don't know why the personnel guys didn't realize this earlier. He's far too slow for the new NFL.

Houston is overpaid. So is Berry (obviously). Ford is a tough one because he has skills and remarkable talent. You just can't count on him. Tag him, maybe ... but I wouldn't give him a long-term deal.

I'm not buying the idea that Berry is the "leader" of this defense anymore. Mahomes proved that young guys can take over any necessary leadership role. Make him a coach or renegotiate or trade him or something, but if he can't get himself right, you move on. Maybe move on anyway.

Houston may have another year left in him, but it's safe to say that his production won't be worth the price.

At this point, you build around Jones (assuming he didn't blow out his knee again in the AFCCG), Fuller, Nnaugty, and Hitchens. That's not much of a core.

FA might be the only way to fix this next year.

FAX

Hitchens? He is one of the most overpaid players on the team. PFF grades him as one of the worst linebackers in the league.

SAUTO 01-21-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14060590)
FWIW, I agree with all of this.

Ragland has been a bad hire from day 1. I honestly don't know why the personnel guys didn't realize this earlier. He's far too slow for the new NFL.

Houston is overpaid. So is Berry (obviously). Ford is a tough one because he has skills and remarkable talent. You just can't count on him. Tag him, maybe ... but I wouldn't give him a long-term deal.

I'm not buying the idea that Berry is the "leader" of this defense anymore. Mahomes proved that young guys can take over any necessary leadership role. Make him a coach or renegotiate or trade him or something, but if he can't get himself right, you move on. Maybe move on anyway.

Houston may have another year left in him, but it's safe to say that his production won't be worth the price.

At this point, you build around Jones (assuming he didn't blow out his knee again in the AFCCG), Fuller, Nnaugty, and Hitchens. That's not much of a core.

FA might be the only way to fix this next year.

FAX

When he (jones) went over to the table they literally never looked at his knee. They were moving his ankle around. Then he was on the bench messing with his ankle after that.

cabletech94 01-21-2019 12:30 PM

in regards to bob sutton: what is the definition of insanity?

in regards to bob suttons defense: is the problem scheme or talent?

i rest my case.

FloridaMan88 01-21-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 14060708)
in regards to bob suttons defense: is the problem scheme or talent?

I would say more scheme than talent.

Look at what the Patriots defense did to the Chiefs in the first half yesterday... shutting down a historically prolific offense, mostly as a result of the schematic strategies used by Belichick.

And Belichick did that with a defense that doesn't have a Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Darrelle Revis, Aqib Talib caliber player in their secondary.

FAX 01-21-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14060624)
Hitchens? He is one of the most overpaid players on the team. PFF grades him as one of the worst linebackers in the league.

1. I'm assuming scheme is (at least) part the issue.
2. We're stuck with the guy.
3. It would be best to have somebody at LB rather than nobody at all.

FAX

Kyle DeLexus 01-21-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 14060505)
Is it true that a warning is customary?

You can watch just about any regular season game and start seeing DEs lined up at least a head over the ball with no calls. They may or may not start moving back later on.

bobhill 01-21-2019 01:24 PM

For that o line I would make it Fisher ,Wiley, either draft a Center or Reiter the Center they picked up from Cleveland, Larry duvernay-tardif and Schwartz

Chiefshrink 01-21-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14060730)
I would say more scheme than talent.

Look at what the Patriots defense did to the Chiefs in the first half yesterday... shutting down a historically prolific offense, mostly as a result of the schematic strategies used by Belichick.

And Belichick did that with a defense that doesn't have a Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Darrelle Revis, Aqib Talib caliber player in their secondary.

You vastly underestimate Bellichek's eye for "no name talent". It IS both scheme and talent. But no matter how great your scheme is you must have the talent to pull it off.;)

Skyy God 01-21-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 14060505)
Is it true that a warning is customary?

Holy ****ing shit.

So the refs purposely didn’t warn him they felt he was lining up offsides and waited until that critical play to throw the flag.

It’s the GD WWNFL.

**** this league

jjjayb 01-21-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14060757)
1. I'm assuming scheme is (at least) part the issue.
2. We're stuck with the guy.
3. It would be best to have somebody at LB rather than nobody at all.

FAX

Go back and watch the Patriots first drive and only watch Hitchens. I would be okay if he never saw the field again.