ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Roughing the Brady (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320657)

Mecca 01-20-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14058632)
It was bad call but the non-call on berry interfering with Gronk on a subsequent play kinda made up for it. Then the really obvious offensive PI on the long pass to the guy going down the left sidelines to set up the final KC touchdown...

I mean it was pretty great when the Patriots had 3 questionable calls all go their way right after the Chiefs took the lead.

Iowanian 01-20-2019 10:14 PM

Have you seen the video clip of the ref fist bumping Brady in the ass?

"I got you Tommy". /fist bump ass

dilligaf 01-20-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14058757)

I caught that right before the first play.

GloryDayz 01-20-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14058757)

Do we really need to see it to justify our feelings?

Iowanian 01-20-2019 10:27 PM

It happened.

Pitt Gorilla 01-20-2019 10:35 PM

Would love to hear the official explanation. That goes well beyond a "mistake." A mistake is not seeing something and, therefore, not calling it. A mistake IS NOT not seeing something and assuming it must have happened. That's a complete fabrication. Not sure what leads one to call something like that.

Rain Man 01-20-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14058632)
It was bad call but the non-call on berry interfering with Gronk on a subsequent play kinda made up for it. Then the really obvious offensive PI on the long pass to the guy going down the left sidelines to set up the final KC touchdown...

I too thought the Berry thing was a make up non-call, but the truth of the matter is that the phantom call in Brady's favor gave the Patriots an extra possession, and that possession resulted in a touchdown. The Berry call was only one play during that free extra possession. So it didn't really even out, because the Patriots won as a result of that free drive.

Having said that, it was generally a well-called game. The phantom roughing was one blunder that happened at a generally benign point in the game, so it's unfortunate. I'm not going to blame the loss on that one bad call. It's just a bit frustrating that Mahomes took the same hit earlier and more blatantly, and it wasn't called.

Dr. Yu Weed Tard 01-20-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14058459)
Don’t worry. Sterratore covered for his guy like a good NFL lackey and said it was because the ref didn't have a good angle on it.

It was such bullshit. Such ****ery.

GloryDayz 01-20-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14058861)
Would love to hear the official explanation. That goes well beyond a "mistake." A mistake is not seeing something and, therefore, not calling it. A mistake IS NOT not seeing something and assuming it must have happened. That's a complete fabrication. Not sure what leads one to call something like that.

Perhaps somebody instructed him to do something to help the Pats? You know, the man talking in his ear? :shrug:

highBOLTage 01-20-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14058440)
That's what it really came down too....the same call Mahomes didn't get extended their drive. We stopped them on 3rd down and it would have ended the game. But roughing the Brady was called. Even the announcers said it was bullshit.

How does it end the game? There were 7 minutes left. And it didn't extend the drive. It would've been 3rd and 7 without the phantom roughing. I'm sure that one was the one 3rd down and long the Chiefs were going to get a stop though...

Mecca 01-20-2019 10:47 PM

What extended the drive was them giving Hogan the benefit of the doubt and going with the call on the field yet somehow they overturned the Edelman play, it's like yea make up rules as you go.

GloryDayz 01-20-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14058917)
What extended the drive was them giving Hogan the benefit of the doubt and going with the call on the field yet somehow they overturned the Edelman play, it's like yea make up rules as you go.

Some NFL purists are going to be very upset with you for saying these things.

highBOLTage 01-20-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Hogan's was overturned because it wasn't secured and then hit the ground. Edelman's was secured before and pinned throughout.

Jim Lahey 01-20-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Literally said this when they ruled it a catch. You can't go with the ruling on the field and overturning a call with insufficient evidence on both.

petegz28 01-20-2019 10:56 PM

And the Ref that made the roughing call couldn't even see if it really happened or not. I mean give me a ****ing break.....