ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Tonight's Game Week 6: NE 43 KC 40 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318193)

Rasputin 10-14-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamicHDR (Post 13818453)
Travis Kelce is a soft beta male.

Tom Brady is a pedophile

dynamicHDR 10-14-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13818470)
Tom Brady is a pedophile

Well, he did just rape young Patrick on live television. So you've got a point.

Frazod 10-14-2018 11:18 PM

Man, it's been a long time since we've had a troll this sad.

Thanks, little bitch. You've made me laugh tonight. It's appreciated. I now leave you with the failure that is your sad and pointless existence.

RunKC 10-14-2018 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamicHDR (Post 13818478)
Well, he did just rape young Patrick on live television. So you've got a point.

Yeah man his 1 TD pass to Mahomes 4 was just stellar..

Hammock Parties 10-14-2018 11:31 PM

There was one punt in this game.

A lot like that Indy game.

Rasputin 10-14-2018 11:46 PM

Really came down to we scored too quick on our last touchdown to Tyreek Hill but how do you not go ahead and score because you don't know if you get the opportunity to score a touchdown on the same drive. WTF do you do if your Tyreek slide at the 15 have the offense take time off the clock getting a first down then punch it in that would still have left a minute on the clock for the Pats to do something with to end the game on a field goal.

T-post Tom 10-14-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13818567)
Really came down to we scored too quick on our last touchdown to Tyreek Hill but how do you not go ahead and score because you don't know if you get the opportunity to score a touchdown on the same drive. WTF do you do if your Tyreek slide at the 15 have the offense take time off the clock getting a first down then punch it in that would still have left a minute on the clock for the Pats to do something with to end the game on a field goal.

Disagree. Came down to shitty play by the defense. Guess it doesn't really matter at this point.

BlackOp 10-15-2018 12:04 AM

It came down to Mahomes being nervous for an entire half...he was over-throwing everyone.

He missed 2-3 easy TDs to start the game and would have forced NE to change their strategy.

This is his "growing pains" stage...putting up 40 in NE. Could be a lot worse...

KC had $35 million worth of defense watching the game in sweat pants....Chiefs need to draft some ILB with speed. Ragland/Hitchens coupled together are just lethargic.

This is about as optimistic as I can be after a loss that was dictated by a player worried about getting a call for sacking a QB. That's just a sad state of affairs... and cost KC 4 points.

Demonpenz 10-15-2018 12:10 AM

was Mahomes nervous or getting some pressure and not able to step up in the pocket. I haven't seen what I call nervous yet. Maybe amped up

Best22 10-15-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13818615)
was Mahomes nervous or getting some pressure and not able to step up in the pocket. I haven't seen what I call nervous yet. Maybe amped up

He missed 2 touchdowns because the Pats had a man right in his face

Don't pressure Mahomes to the side, get pressure up the middle

Works pretty well against all QB not named Vick. Hard to create that pressure, though

Rasputin 10-15-2018 12:14 AM

It's going be nice have back to back home games for a change. Showtime is going put on a show at Arrowhead and Cinci game is flexed to another SNF game it's good for him to get exposure in the bright lights and just get use to it like he belongs.

This was a stepping stone for a bigger stage.

mnchiefsguy 10-15-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13818605)
It came down to Mahomes being nervous for an entire half...he was over-throwing everyone.

He missed 2-3 easy TDs to start the game and would have forced NE to change their strategy.

This is his "growing pains" stage...putting up 40 in NE. Could be a lot worse...

KC had $35 million worth of defense watching the game in sweat pants....Chiefs need to draft some ILB with speed. Ragland/Hitchens coupled together are just lethargic.

This is about as optimistic as I can be after a loss that was dictated by a player worried about getting a call for sacking a QB. That's just a sad state of affairs... and cost KC 4 points.

While the Speaks play was bad, everyone seems to forget that the refs called us for Defensive holding on the play....so even if he makes the sack, the Pats have 1st and goal on the 1...do you really think the defense is stopping them there?

BlackOp 10-15-2018 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13818630)
While the Speaks play was bad, everyone seems to forget that the refs called us for Defensive holding on the play....so even if he makes the sack, the Pats have 1st and goal on the 1...do you really think the defense is stopping them there?

I posted a stat where NE is 2 to 1 in critical penalties that result in influencing outcomes...meaning every team gets twice the penalties. This is well know by the other teams in the AFCE...and we saw it first hand when Manning played.

Their defense had zero penalties called...ZERO against the fastest offense in the NFL.

UK_Chief 10-15-2018 01:57 AM

Is Derrick Johnson still able to stand up? If yes, please sign him

MMXcalibur 10-15-2018 02:00 AM

I'm no fan of Grandpa Bob at all....but he's working with nothing out there. No Justin Houston, no Eric Berry, no Earl Thomas (lol), no Daniel Sorenson (you may laugh, but he's better than what was out there tonight). Part of me wants Berry to shit or get off the pot, but I know if we rush it then he'll be out for another year and a half....so I trust the Chiefs medical staff to make a sound decision. I'm sorry, I can't put this all on Grandpa Bob tonight. He was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. It's no cure-all by any means, but I'm hoping KC is calling up Arizona to see about Patrick Peterson right now. This is a Super Bowl caliber team held back by a Pop-Warner defense, but it CAN improve through getting healthy and giving up future assets to make one big trade.

We came in shorthanded defensively and Mahomes was looking like the Mahomes of Weeks 1-4 in the second half. I know moral victories don't count in the standings, but I'm not too upset about losing on a last second field goal in Foxboro in primetime. The schedule gets considerably easier after next week's duel with Cincinnati and we have a fantastic opportunity to come out of the hellish part of our schedule at 6-1 with an easier road ahead of us (vs DEN, at CLE, vs ARI, OAK (x2)) There are a few landmines in there (at LAR, vs BAL, at SEA). With Mahomes in tow though, I firmly believe that for the first time since I became a Chiefs fan in 1993 that we are the ones to be feared and not the other way around.

We'll get back on track next Sunday night and Mahomes will lead the way (even if the defense won't).

EDIT: Jordan Lucas looked good. I hope he sticks and doesn't go "Marcus Cooper" on us.