ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Committee says Bryant '14 playoff play should be a catch in the future (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314173)

Beef Supreme 02-28-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13443678)
I don't know what is so ****ing difficult about this issue. IF YOU CATCH THE BALL, IN YOUR HANDS OR AGAINST YOUR BODY, AND TWO FEET TOUCH THE GROUND, THEN IT'S A CATCH. IF YOU THEN LOSE THE BALL AGAINST THE GROUND, IT'S A FUMBLE.

If it is ruled a catch, then you lose the ball against the ground, the ground can't cause a fumble. So it should be ruled down at the spot.

Rain Man 02-28-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13443669)

I think that's a catch.

dlphg9 02-28-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13444003)
If it is ruled a catch, then you lose the ball against the ground, the ground can't cause a fumble. So it should be ruled down at the spot.

The ground can cause a fumble if you haven't been touched

cmh6476 02-28-2018 05:14 PM

Because chiefs, right? I mean we finally get a qb who can chuck it and donks and fade will just knock our receivers down evertime am I rite

ChiefFanForHire 03-02-2018 09:54 AM

If you are over thirty years of age, or have watched pro football for 15 plus years, and you still think it's not rigged, you're pretty gullible.

That or you're proudly raping your friends and family our of enough money in fantasy that it's in your best interest not to let the horrible truth out.

Amnorix 03-02-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 13444003)

Yeah, you are forgetting that in the NFL, the ground CAN ABSOLUTELY cause a fumble because you need to be touched down. If you fell to the ground without a defensive player causing that or touching you down, then the ground will cause that fumble.

Saying the current rules suck is easy. FIXING them is hard. I can see it now -- guy grabs the ball, two feet touch down and a tenth of a second later before he secures the ball he gets blown up or the ball is stripped out. Expect to see ALOT more fumbles if they go that route. :shrug:

Garcia Bronco 03-02-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

I still say its not a catch.

Chief Pagan 03-02-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13446607)
Yeah, you are forgetting that in the NFL, the ground CAN ABSOLUTELY cause a fumble because you need to be touched down. If you fell to the ground without a defensive player causing that or touching you down, then the ground will cause that fumble.

Saying the current rules suck is easy. FIXING them is hard. I can see it now -- guy grabs the ball, two feet touch down and a tenth of a second later before he secures the ball he gets blown up or the ball is stripped out. Expect to see ALOT more fumbles if they go that route. :shrug:

I'm with you on all of the above. Fans are going to be upset when they still don't know what a catch is. I think the current rule is fine, but given all the animosity, I think they should tweak the rule for the endzone and out of bounds.

If you have two feet (one knee, etc) down in the endzone and the ball secured for a moment, it is a TD. If you have the ball secure the moment you touch out of bounds (after getting two feet in bounds) it is a catch.

A catch/non-catch in the open field stays the same.

Fans may not realize it yet, but they don't want the new rules applied to the middle of the field because it will result in too many catch/fumbles. I don't think they want that and neither do I.

Almost all of the issues are regarding TD's and out of bounds. So tweak the rules where the PR problem is.

MahiMike 03-02-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Still not a catch

ThaVirus 03-02-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 13447563)
Still not a catch

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13444014)
I think that's a catch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 13446721)
I still say its not a catch.

LMAO People complain about the rules but just with four people in this thread we’re 50/50 (I think it was a catch as well).

BigRedChief 03-03-2018 09:14 AM

The only way this is still not going to make people upset is that they implement the same rules as runners entering the end zone and if the rules are the same as when WR's are catching the ball not in the end zone.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-03-2018 10:32 AM

James catch was a TD as was the one against the Jets. TWO gifted wins by a team on blown/stupid rules/ calls is inexcusable.

TribalElder 03-03-2018 10:33 AM

They typically admit they were wrong

Way after it ever matters or makes a difference

The NFL is crooked as hell with their replay bullshit

Chiefshrink 03-03-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13443678)
IF YOU THEN LOSE THE BALL AGAINST THE GROUND, IT'S A FUMBLE.

Ground can't cause a fumble:D

dlphg9 03-03-2018 12:33 PM

Lol it's a catch. He gained possession at the 5 yard line and had complete control of the ball after taking 2 steps and dove for the pylon. Only reason he lost it was because he dove at the end and the ground jarred it loose. He didn't bobble the ball.