ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about reasons to be optimistic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310954)

TLO 10-19-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13166651)

That made me smile. Definitely a reason to be optimistic with a Mahomes lead offense with all these weapons already around him.

Eleazar 10-19-2017 10:50 PM

like I was saying in another thread, I think this is a 10 win team that got off to a hot start.

Alex Smith will not play like he has all year.

The defense can't stop the run or the pass. Contending teams don't have those questions.

Turnovers dried up. What do we have, 3 takeaways in the last 4 games?

Big plays on special teams dried up.

O-line is a mess.

Coaching probably already cost us one game, on Sunday.

When your team is good fundamentally, when you can stop the run or the pass, or when you can consistently generate first downs, you can weather these things. Right now, this team isn't good enough for that.

We will have some entertaining games and probably a playoff appearance, but anything else is a pipe dream until the roster gets serious work and unless/until Mahomes develops.

Chiefnj2 10-19-2017 10:50 PM

Sitting on the bench Mahomes learned to throw at Mitchell, Gaines and Murray next year when they are playing for new teams.

Ragged Robin 10-19-2017 10:51 PM

Alex slung it like a boss and people are still complaining about him lmao

Hammock Parties 10-19-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 13166664)
We will have some entertaining games and probably a playoff appearance, but anything else is a pipe dream until the roster gets serious work and unless/until Mahomes develops.

It's good to not be emotionally invested.

Feels good.

I'm saving my pennies for a rainy day in 2018.

FloridaMan88 10-19-2017 10:51 PM

The same Raiders offense that needed garbage time plays to get over 100 yards of total offense against Washington a few weeks ago had nearly 600 yards of total offense against Grob RobinSutton's failure of a defense.

Hard to find optimism with that reality.

Eleazar 10-19-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 13166672)
Alex slung it like a boss and people are still complain about him lmao

He's been one of the few bright spots, for sure. But I think we all know that this probably isn't the real Alex Smith, and that he's going to come back down to earth.

Hammock Parties 10-19-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 13166672)
Alex slung it like a boss and people are still complain about him lmao

To be honest if Alex wanted to salt this one away he could have gotten seven instead of three or not given the ball back in the fourth quarter.

DJ's left nut 10-19-2017 10:53 PM

Reasons for optimism....hmmmm.....

If this exact roster were wearing a Denver Broncos jersey I'd expect 13 wins and a championship. So in that regard, I still figure theres some talent here.

But sadly, we do not cheer for the Broncos. We cheer for a team that is uncanny in its ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

TLO 10-19-2017 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 13166664)
The defense can't stop the run or the pass. Contending teams don't have those questions.

If contending teams didn't have issues, they'd all go 16-0. It's about finding a balance, and masking the weaknesses to the best of your ability. I don't have much faith in Sutton at this point, but perhaps getting Nelson back, (and MAYBE Hali), will make a difference.

kysirsoze 10-19-2017 10:54 PM

This defense needs Peters and Peters needs Berry.

This defense ALSO can't stop the run without Berry.

Optimism is this offense has the potential to just flat out score other teams when our Oline gets healthy.

Other than that, the optimism is we get Berry back next year.

Chiefs316 10-19-2017 10:54 PM

It’s the same shit every year. Ive got better things that do then watch smith check down for another close loss. This team almost had me fooled again but I’ve grown. I’m a better man. I know better by now. Because Chiefs. Finding someone better to invest my time in next week.

cdcox 10-19-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13166666)
Sitting on the bench Mahomes learned to throw at Mitchell, Gaines and Murray next year when they are playing for new teams.

Don't give Sorenson a pass. He is a third safety at best.

Eleazar 10-19-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13166690)
If contending teams didn't have issues, they'd all go 16-0. It's about finding a balance, and masking the weaknesses to the best of your ability. I don't have much faith in Sutton at this point, but perhaps getting Nelson back, (and MAYBE Hali), will make a difference.

You don't see Super Bowl teams with defenses that are at the bottom of the league in yards, especially if it's against both the run AND the pass. Yes, points are what matters, but being #30 in yards or whatever we will be after this week shows that it's a mirage.

carcosa 10-19-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13166648)
He's not playing until 2019.

Stop it