ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football talk: What happened with Colin Kaepernick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305736)

Eleazar 02-03-2017 04:44 PM

Gimmick offense that the league figured out

Had a lot of good jump-ball receivers to mask his shortcomings in accuracy and making reads

Lack of mental toughness/maturity

Not a leader/seems to lack respect of his teammates

Never that good in the first place

TribalElder 02-03-2017 05:13 PM

Alex quit helping him think

I think booger used to help Alex much more than foles did

TigeRRUppeRRcut 02-03-2017 05:21 PM

Only a douchebag like kaep would date his teammate's ex-girlfriend. Yes, that did happen. What a superb locker room leader

BryanBusby 02-03-2017 05:52 PM

The Offense, and team, completely fell apart since he took over.

They lost almost their entire starting OLine, top targets (Crabtree and VD) and let their best RB walk away to Indianapolis.

They went from an offensive mastermind in Harbaugh to a...uh...Geep Chryst?

They really ****ed his development up and gave him no help. He also probably came off the bench too early in SF.

Is he fixable? Who knows. I do know the broken douche still threw for more TDs than tiny hands, with about half the amount of passes.

Valiant 02-03-2017 05:56 PM

Pretty much been said.

He was figured out and gameplanned for.
He got injured and didn't hit the game books.
No adjustments. Bad at reading the field.
He seems to be a bad leader.

Saying all that. If he asked steve young to teach him he could still have a career. But he has to put in work. Seems like he got paid and decided making his political woman happy was more important.

And then bad coaching and ownership is tied to it.

007 02-03-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12725123)
Only a douchebag like kaep would date his teammate's ex-girlfriend. Yes, that did happen. What a superb locker room leader

Hey something we can agree on

TimBone 02-03-2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 12724951)
Don't even think about it.:#

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12725036)
James Bond is right. Don't even think what you are thinking. Slowly walk away from the keyboard and pretend you never started this thread.

LMAO

RobBlake 02-03-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12725069)
This. He is a Prick. When it came easy he was all good. Then when he had to go to work he became a ****.

Didn't he have more turnovers than yards in one game? Maybe it was points.

First of all... he was injured for quite a long time and had to have surgery outside of the team docs.. of course his body is barely coming back.

Im glad he's gone personally.. he would actually be interesting to watch with Reid ironically.. would love the storylines with alex leading again lmao

Tombstone RJ 02-03-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12724907)
Keep the National Anthem / Political bullshit out of here. Daddy wants to talk football.

I am, admittedly, not a great judge of football talent. I am good at describing what I think are good attributes, what I think are shitty attributes, and I am always a glass half-full kind of guy. It's my nature.

I'd like to know what led to the collapse of CK. I thought he looked solid coming out of Nevada, he took the league by storm, which sent Alex over to us. Then, When Harbaugh left, it all fell apart.

Did defenses adjust to his speed? Is it his pocket awareness? Too meek, or too aggressive? Inaccurate? What happened?

He just opted out of San Fran, and is now a Free Agent. 49er re-tread jokes aside, and political bullshit aside, is he a decent replacement for Foles, while we draft a rookie and let him develop?

John Harbaugh left and took the pacifier with him.

Sandy Vagina 02-03-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

I'd like to know what led to the collapse of CK.

Did defenses adjust to his speed? Is it his pocket awareness? Too meek, or too aggressive? Inaccurate? What happened?

Honest opinion here.

Kaep got by on his early years for a few reasons. Strong team... crazy athletics.. and the hunger to be a star.

The first explains itself... and the team became dramatically weaker in years that progressed. The second.. athletics.. Kaep ended up being super reliant on his first read, and ability to backyard ball. This is fine.. as long as it's your initial stepping stones into the League. Teams have yet to truly break your game down, and counter it. You have to develop further... and this leads into the third issue... the hunger. Kaep had the stardom pour down on him early on.. and elected to not further his dedication to move beyond the athleticism... to not grow as a QB.

-King- 02-03-2017 06:17 PM

I think it was the people around him more than it was him himself. He wasn't good this season, but it wasn't like he was horrible anything. It's just that he didn't have anybody to hand off to or to throw to. Seriously, how many 49ers skill players can you name without looking them up?

That team was a dumpster fire from the owner on down.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-03-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12725171)
I think it was the people around him more than it was him himself. He wasn't good this season, but it wasn't like he was horrible anything. It's just that he didn't have anybody to hand off to or to throw to. Seriously, how many 49ers skill players can you name without looking them up?

That team was a dumpster fire from the owner on down.
Posted via Mobile Device

He threw for 16 tds and 4 ints this year

Mr. Laz 02-03-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12724921)
Harbaugh left.

So then you agree that coaching has a dramatic effect on QB play?

-King- 02-03-2017 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12725348)
He threw for 16 tds and 4 ints this year

If the FO had actually tried and out capable players around him, he would have had a really good year numbers wise. But instead, the 49ers are undoubtedly the least talented team in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

scho63 02-03-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

I'd like to know what led to the collapse of CK. I thought he looked solid coming out of Nevada, he took the league by storm, which sent Alex over to us. Then, When Harbaugh left, it all fell apart.

He just opted out of San Fran, and is now a Free Agent. 49er re-tread jokes aside, and political bullshit aside, is he a decent replacement for Foles, while we draft a rookie and let him develop?

To me, he looks like he lost interest in football. He has no drive or desire. He also appears to be one selfish and self centered prick, which is NOT good for team sports, especially football.

I DO NOT WANT HIM NEAR OUR TEAM-HE WOULD INFECT BERRY WITH CANCER AGAIN!!! :cuss: