ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So, how does everyone feel about the Reid era so far? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271679)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-02-2013 06:01 AM

Reid having fans follow him to another teams says a lot right there.

so far the major change for the good is that the front office is now making the players happy. Getting Bowe signed to a deal won the whole team over.

Mother****erJones 04-02-2013 06:04 AM

It is still really early

Dave Lane 04-02-2013 06:34 AM

Take a QB in round one and I'm good.

warpaint* 04-02-2013 07:05 AM

Dude he hasn't had so much as one draft yet. No opinion.

Deberg_1990 04-02-2013 07:11 AM

Ill let you know on Dec. 31st what i think of him.

chiefzilla1501 04-02-2013 07:17 AM

So far...
  • Reid hired an outstanding offensive coaching staff that is QB focused
  • Reid hired a D-coordinator that was a surprise choice, but at least it's not on the tree and is a progressive defense. This is a pure "wait and see"
  • To that point, he has done a terrific job of shedding the ***** and Carl Peterson "we only hire and sign people from the tree mentality." First time in umpteen years
  • He upgraded the QB, though not crazy about the selection. We still have yet to see what his actual long-term plan is. This is another "wait and see"
  • He did not force a 4-3 defense onto his team, even though that was probably his preference. He made the defense fit the players.
  • Biggest of all, he's quickly opened the media back up to the fans. This is huge. Arrowhead has lost its edge and, sadly, true fans are the ones who fill stadiums.

All in all, done a great job so far with some areas that are pure "wait and see."

notorious 04-02-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9548504)

so far the major change for the good is that the front office is now making the players happy. Getting Bowe signed to a deal won the whole team over.

Alex Smith has fans following him, too. ;)

Seriously, I like the Reid pickup, and I am excited to see what he can do for our offense.

58-4ever 04-02-2013 07:20 AM

We are undefeated, so that's something.

durtyrute 04-02-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9548504)

There are people on this board that followed Castoff by going to a Vikes board.:doh!:

hometeam 04-02-2013 07:24 AM

The signing of Alex Smith and company has me on the edge already.

Everything else they have done has been decent except for the addressing of the QB/LT position.

Alex Smith cant ****ing play. This concerns me.

On the PLAY side of things I think the new coaching/training staff will improve the team.

KC_Lee 04-02-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9548633)
The signing of Alex Smith and company has me on the edge already.

Everything else they have done has been decent except for the addressing of the QB/LT position.

Alex Smith cant ****ing play. This concerns me.

On the PLAY side of things I think the new coaching/training staff will improve the team.

This is where I am as well. Going down the same path, regarding the QB position, that KC has followed for the past 25 - 30 years with little pay off (i.e. Super Bowl win or apperance) tempered my excitment.

Until I see what Reid and company do in the draft I am holding off judgment. Would love to see Geno Smith at 1.1, or a trade down to pick up more selections this year and next then grab Bray in the 3rd round.

Rasputin 04-02-2013 07:36 AM

All it would take is for them to draft Geno Smith and I can be happy about the Reid hire. If not then same as it ever was same as it ever was.

cosmo20002 04-02-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9548386)
So, how does everyone feel about the Reid era so far?

Zero wins. He's got to improve on that.

Dayze 04-02-2013 07:53 AM

so far he has a HUGE strike on the Smith deal with me. Almost to the point where it negates anything positive they'vfe done in FA.

they better come out of the draft looking like Emma Stone and not Sandra Oh (who might be the ugliest woman on the pl anet). If not, that's strike 2.

if they come out of the draft w/out a potential QBOTF, ten that's 3.

tecumseh 04-02-2013 07:59 AM

I'm excited. Andy has assembled a good staff. Although Alex Smith's stats are similiar to Cassie's, I hope Andy and the O staff can lean him toward overachieving. If he takes Geno, thats a great plus. Signing Bowe, thumbs up. Some of these FA's seem like filler but I'll give Andy the benefit of the doubt. Set the table, serve it up, build a winner. My rating right now is C+.