ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Has anyone cancelled their Season Tickets? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270670)

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9459599)
Ridiculous rumor stated by some hack.

I was full on going to buy ST this year if we drafted Geno, not going to do it now.

You were smart and waited. Good move.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-03-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9459589)
No, because I'm not a pussy who thinks I know more about football than men who have worked in the business their entire lives. Shake the sand out of your vagina.

Tru Fan Alert

Marcellus 03-03-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459609)

My brother who lives in Washington state was going to buy ST if we drafted Geno.

I still think this regime will draft a guy sooner than later. Its all I have.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-03-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459609)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9459612)
My brother who lives in Washington state was going to buy ST if we drafted Geno.

I'm gonna pick a game this year and spring for tickets for the 3 of us to go to a game. Knowing both of you off of this board, you'd love to watch a game together. You guys would hit it off.

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9459612)

Oh, they'll draft a guy.

But it'll be a scrub-type guy like Kolb, Foles or Kafka.

The dream of drafting a difference maker vanished with this trade.

LoneWolf 03-03-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9459610)
Tru Fan Alert

I'm actually not excited about the trade, but I also wasn't excited by the QBs in this years draft. All I'm saying is I'm willing to let the men who were hired to do this job do it. Reid has a proven track record and Dorsey is highly regarded in NFL circles. Just because a bunch of hacks, myself included, on a message board don't agree with his trade doesn't mean it was a poor decision. Ultimately it could prove to be, but going off half cocked and canceling tickets, sending emails, etc. . . reeks of a small child throwing a tantrum when it doesn't get what it wants. I don't remember my ticket rep guaranteeing me that KC was going to draft a QB in the first round when I renewed my tickets this year.

Marcellus 03-03-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9459617)
I'm gonna pick a game this year and spring for tickets for the 3 of us to go to a game. Knowing both of you off of this board, you'd love to watch a game together. You guys would hit it off.

Sounds good Flop I will buy the beers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9459619)
Oh, they'll draft a guy.

I wasn't reffering to this year. There is nothing in Reid or Dorey's past to make believe they wont keep drafting QB's and anyone who thinks Clark told them not to draft a 1st round QB needs to step away from the crack pipe.

I am frustrated as hell but I just think they didn't like this years QB class.

bevischief 03-03-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Oh, they'll draft a guy.

Well we know it's not the 2nd this year.

soopamanluva 03-03-2013 08:44 AM

Im going to wait until after the draft and see what they do in free agency before I cancel. Ive got cheap seats so its not a big deal to cancel them.

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9459631)
Sounds good Flop I will buy the beers!

I wasn't reffering to this year. There is nothing in Reid or Dorey's past to make believe they wont keep drafting QB's and anyone who thinks Clark told them not to draft a 1st round QB needs to step away from the crack pipe.

I am frustrated as hell but I just think they didn't like this years QB class.

When do you anticipate them taking a R1 QB?

Because unless Alex Smith is even worse than I'm expecting, this team is going to be picking in the 15-20 range for the next 3-4 years.

So basically, we're hoping against hope that a Rodgers/Flacco scenario emerges in the next couple of drafts in which an elite guy plummets down the board.

Don't hold your breath.

farmerchief 03-03-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9459626)
I'm actually not excited about the trade, but I also wasn't excited by the QBs in this years draft. All I'm saying is I'm willing to let the men who were hired to do this job do it. Reid has a proven track record and Dorsey is highly regarded in NFL circles. Just because a bunch of hacks, myself included, on a message board don't agree with his trade doesn't mean it was a poor decision. Ultimately it could prove to be, but going off half cocked and canceling tickets, sending emails, etc. . . reeks of a small child throwing a tantrum when it doesn't get what it wants. I don't remember my ticket rep guaranteeing me that KC was going to draft a QB in the first round when I renewed my tickets this year.

Great Logic! Good post!:thumb:

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9459634)
Well we know it's not the 2nd this year.

LMAO

Chief Roundup 03-03-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Oh, they'll draft a guy.

I guess it depends on if you thought Geno was a true difference maker or not. Most fans did but experts don't.

How pissed are you going to be if we do draft Geno? One knee jerk reaction deserves another. Can we go for three.

OnTheWarpath15 03-03-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9459641)
I guess it depends on if you thought Geno was a true difference maker or not. Most fans did but experts don't.

How pissed are you going to be if we do draft Geno? One knee jerk reaction deserves another. Can we go for three.

Those "experts" that claimed Geno wasn't worth a R1 pick IMMEDIATELY decided he was worth a Top 5 pick after we traded for Alex Smith. Literally overnight.

Second, I won't be pissed at all. I'll be thrilled. That goes for Barkley as well. But with the compensation being given, Smith is going to start for at least the next year, probably two - so I will have made the right choice regardless.

I'm not spending $1100 to watch game manager football. When/if a franchise guy gets the nod, I'll likely be at 1 Arrowhead Drive on Sundays.

Old Dog 03-03-2013 08:53 AM

I didn't renew last year but went ahead and got them again after the firing/hiring when my son decided that the time was right for him to buy a pair of his own, so now we have six together. If it wasn't his first year of having them, I would very likely cancel them and take the hit.