ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Andy Reid Offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268554)

petegz28 01-06-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9287682)
The WCO is predicated on YAC. Reid adopted it for more vertical passing because of McNabb. Bowe can provide a vertical threat good enough. "True speedsters" are always overrated anyway, getting open deep is a lot more about route running and making quick moves.

We will see. It seems that Bowe never or not often enough gets separation on the deeper routes. Could be the route or coaching, I agree.

crazycoffey 01-06-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9287690)
It already exists.

DC

Burn

Red Dawg 01-06-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9287671)
Ok, the Bowe statement should have been claried. Do you still keep him as your deep threat like we have or do you finally get someone who is a true speedster?

Bowe is not a deep threat. This team does not have one.

TribalElder 01-06-2013 10:09 AM

Score Moar Points!

petegz28 01-06-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9287698)

I tend to agree with that. Or at least he is not a threat deep as long as the guy on the other side is not a threat deep.

petegz28 01-06-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9287665)
How does Geno Smith potentially fit into this offense??

LMAO

Why don't you tell us how he fits into a WC offense? I have not watched him much so would like to hear this.

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9287698)

I would agree. The Chiefs now have to put a priority on bringing a true deep threat side-by-side with Bowe. Breaston isn't that guy. Maclin would be a really nice pickup.

I love McCluster's role in the offense, since Reid does really like to get his receivers the ball in space. I saw glimpses of what McCluster can do when Orton started. He's going to look like a completely different receiver without defenses stacking for the short pass.

BossChief 01-06-2013 10:14 AM

The idea that Bowe isn't a deep threat is silly. Anyone that has gone to the games knows that the guy gets open all over the field...we just had qbs that couldn't get him the ball.

In that Baltimore playoff game, Bowe could have had 150 yards if we had a QB worth a shit.

Ceej 01-06-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9287705)
Why don't you tell us how he fits into a WC offense? I have not watched him much so would like to hear this.

Why don't you create another thread discussing shit that has been discussed in countless threads.

Dummy.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-06-2013 10:15 AM

We need to draft a true speed reciever , use Bowe over the slot and move Baldwin to the TE position where he can be useful.

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9287705)

What's a little bit scary is that Geno is going to have to make lightning fast decisions. He's played pro style for a season, but most of his success has been in an air raid offense. The good news is, Geno would be surrounded by unbelievable coaching. Whether it's Chili or Shurmur, we're going to get a top notch "QB coach coordinator" and with Doug Pederson, you get a QB guru.

The other good news is... Reid's offense is interesting for Geno because it has the flexibility for the QB to hold on to the ball longer, but he's going to keep challenging the QB to stay in the pocket and make quicker decisions.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-06-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9287690)
It already exists.

DC

ROFL Yeah, but sometimes some of that cesspool finds their way here. Ones sent to EP wouldn't be able to.

Urc Burry 01-06-2013 10:19 AM

Percy Harvin is said to want out of Minnesota. He is the perfect receiver for Andy's offense. But not sure with his medical history and asking price it would be worth it.

DTLB58 01-06-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9287654)
How does Bowe fit in this offense?

Are you serious?

Yep, Since he has never been a deep threat, um perfect.

Maclin is suppose to be a FA this season. :clap:

chiefzilla1501 01-06-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9287713)
The idea that Bowe isn't a deep threat is silly. Anyone that has gone to the games knows that the guy gets open all over the field...we just had qbs that couldn't get him the ball.

In that Baltimore playoff game, Bowe could have had 150 yards if we had a QB worth a shit.

Nobody's saying he's not a deep threat. But he's not a guy who's primary strength is stretching the field. Remember, he ran a 4.51 on his 40. Not in the ways guys like Maclin and Mike Wallace can.

I know a lot of guys like Maclin. But Wallace might be an even better guy. The combo of Wallace and Bowe is fap worthy.