ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Bills GM: 'Time is now' to trade up for a QB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267664)

Brock 12-14-2012 10:00 AM

Not much of a poker face, I see.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9207232)
I think what it does is gives his fan base hope. More than what we got.

Fools gold.

The ONLY thing it accomplishes is fomenting the want for a QB amongst the fans.

And in April, when a trade doesn't materialize and the Bill take an offensive tackle, the fans will be PISSED.

He should keep his mouth shut.

siberian khatru 12-14-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207195)
We're gonna trade it to the Bills.

You can never enough Dexter McClusters to fill out your roster.

mcaj22 12-14-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207245)
Fools gold.

The ONLY thing it accomplishes is fomenting the want for a QB amongst the fans.

And in April, when a trade doesn't materialize and the Bill take an offensive tackle, the fans will be PISSED.

He should keep his mouth shut.

what it does is it shows he wont be afraid to trade up with a team to get a guy like Geno Smith

essentially Chiefs fans should now be afraid of a team like Buffalo. Yes they showed their hand, but that's a lot more than Pioli and Clark do for the Chiefs. You dont see them coming out and saying they want a QB, which would be nice to know so I dont have to be let down when Pioli drafts another DT in the first round next spring

tk13 12-14-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9207213)
Placate the fans?? I don't know.

Lets look at it this way. Now every GM knows when the phone rings from the Bills that they're looking to trade up.

Is that really a big deal knowing it ahead of time vs them calling the day of the draft and let that GM know they're looking to trade up?

The end situation is the same. The GM for the top spot is going to try to get as much as he can.

Negotiating from a position where the other side knows you'll bend over backwards is never a good thing. This sounds more like "Don't fire me, I really mean it this time." Look at people in this thread liking this, and we don't even root for the Bills.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can 12-14-2012 10:06 AM

i would cry if Clark came out and said we're drafting a QB

BoneKrusher 12-14-2012 10:07 AM

Geno would be a perfect fit with Cailey.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9207255)
what it does is it shows he wont be afraid to trade up with a team to get a guy like Geno Smith

essentially Chiefs fans should now be afraid of a team like Buffalo. Yes they showed their hand, but that's a lot more than Pioli and Clark do for the Chiefs. You dont see them coming out and saying they want a QB, which would be nice to know so I dont have to be let down when Pioli drafts another DT in the first round next spring

And what happens when they can't trade up?

Are you seriously suggesting that Clark coming out and saying they're going to draft a QB would make you feel better?

Because Clark said BEFORE HE HIRED PIOLI that he wanted to draft a QB and we got Matt ****ing Cassel.

Saying anything now is foolish and silly.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9207261)
Negotiating from a position where the other side knows you'll bend over backwards is never a good thing. This sounds more like "Don't fire me, I really mean it this time." Look at people in this thread liking this, and we don't even root for the Bills.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know.

NOTHING good can come from him saying this.

At best, they trade up and get a QB, which would have satisfied everyone had he said this or not.

At worst, nobody wants to trade with them and he ends up looking like an idiot.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9207263)

He's said it before. And we haven't done it.

So why would him coming out and saying it mean anything at all?

BigCatDaddy 12-14-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Tears of joy?

Rasputin 12-14-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

As soon as we know for sure we get the number one pick of the draft, I want to know that we are taking a QB and that QB be Geno Smith. If we get the second or third pick of the draft then they need to play cool about it and not lead so much one way or another.

htismaqe 12-14-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9207278)
As soon as we know for sure we get the number one pick of the draft, I want to know that we are taking a QB and that QB be Geno Smith. If we get the second or third pick of the draft then they need to play cool about it and not lead so much one way or another.

If we get the #1 pick, we'll know a few weeks (if not more) before the draft who we're taking.

the Talking Can 12-14-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9207276)
He's said it before. And we haven't done it.

So why would him coming out and saying it mean anything at all?

no, he hasn't

and i just told you that it would mean something

tk13 12-14-2012 10:13 AM

Let's put it this way. Pioli comes out today and says we're drafting a QB next year, even if we have to trade up... no matter what it takes. I'm sure everyone in this thread would want Clark to retain Pioli then, right?
Posted via Mobile Device