ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, I just found out I'm going to be a dad... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315704)

The Franchise 06-06-2018 10:17 PM

Congrats. Don’t listen to Prison Bitch. That’s my advice.

The Franchise 06-06-2018 10:18 PM

And I’ve got three daughters. Tom Segura said it best. You’ll never have enough time but you’ll always have moments.

Buehler445 06-06-2018 10:20 PM

Congrats man. Kids are amazing.

Thing is every kid is different. Like WAAAAY different. You just have to work to solve the puzzle.

Buehler445 06-06-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13584602)
Half of the battle is knowing that you want to be a good dad. That means being a good example in how you treat the mother so a son learns how to treat women or a daughter learns how they should expect to be treated. You'll make mistakes, you'll lose your cool, you'll probably get frustrated(I know based on tonight). It's ok. Stop when you realize it, regroup and do better next time.

You don't fully understand what it means to know you'd physically fight a lion for another person until you see and hold your own kid.

Congratulations and good luck.

Good post.

Willie Lanier 06-06-2018 10:29 PM

Godspeed young one

TimBone 06-06-2018 10:31 PM

Just love the kid, man. That's all.

ohiobronco2 06-06-2018 10:50 PM

Congratulations man. In my mind it’s been the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. The real fun begins when he/she can run. Consistency is key.

BucEyedPea 06-06-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13584533)
You guys are the first people to know outside of my own family. I had to tell SOMEONE.

Backstory: I'm 33 years old. I'm married to the love of my life. We've been together for 16 years, married for 3. That's a long ****ing time.

I had a bit of a dead-beat dad growing up, and I know that I have it in me to give this kid everything I wish I'd had in my own childhood and more.

I know there are some fantastic dads here on CP, so what do I need to know? What are your best dad tips?

Spare me the "your life is over" bullshit. I've traveled the world, I've climbed mountains, I've swam in every Ocean and set foot on every continent. As far as I'm concerned, this sounds like an adventure unlike any I've ever undertaken, and I can't wait!

Give them yourself by being there while they grow up.

TribalElder 06-06-2018 11:08 PM

Congratulations

Get the test done though

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-07-2018 12:25 AM

The best advice I can think of right now is to take LOTS of pictures. LOTS.And print them out ,where you can put them in an album or a shoe box. Don't just leave them digital because eventually something will happen and your data will get wiped.

eDave 06-07-2018 01:19 AM

Hey Strongside. I'm off CP for a bit and haven't logged on, intentionally, since my stupid ass AMA.

BUT, I did now solely to congratulate you and your wife. My advice is this; just don't kill the baby. Everything else will work out fine.

I remember the feeling you are having. Soak in it.

MIAdragon 06-07-2018 05:18 AM

Enjoy every second even the “bad” ones. They grow up fast.

Red Beans 06-07-2018 05:23 AM

Tell me about Antarctica.

displacedinMN 06-07-2018 05:27 AM

You will be fine. It sounds like you know what to do and not. We never know it all.

Great parents raise great kids.
My kids hit the great parent lottery. Hope yours did too.

lewdog 06-07-2018 05:31 AM

I’ve got a 4 month old. First child for us. It’s more challenging and more sleep deprived than I could ever imagine. The good moments are great though.

My wife is not working for whoever knows how long. I have no idea how we’d manage if we were both back working. Hope you can make a similar choice.