ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If Reid refuses to fire Sutton... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320751)

Coochie liquor 01-21-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14060584)
That's the downside to making this far. All the top defensive coordinators are gone. My fear is thud promote from within. We don't need a Sutton desciple

I’d lay money that it’s someone we already have.

crayzkirk 01-21-2019 11:49 AM

Coaches coach and players play. The coaching and execution was lacking. I would like a head coach that at least appears as interested in the defense as the offense. IMO, Reid is an excellent offensive coordinator and an average at best head coach. Not having either side of the ball ready for what the Patriots did to the Chargers is on the head coach.

ChiTown 01-21-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14060577)
Some of you are way more confident than I am about this.

Reid has a history of refusing to fire bad assistants.

Oh, I'm sure Bob Sutton will be guiding this Chiefs D as long as Andy is here. Hell, Bob may do it from the grave......because Chiefs.

Fish 01-21-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14060607)
A rotting dead corpse would be equal to the current keeper of the Chiefs DC position.

He has no ****ing balls, no ****ing clue and no ****ing business being a DC in the NFL.

A cardboard cutout of Dick Butkus would be better than the geriatric moron we're paying now.

swifty32661 01-21-2019 11:59 AM

ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14060634)
Oh, I'm sure Bob Sutton will be guiding this Chiefs D as long as Andy is here. Hell, Bob may do it from the grave......because Chiefs.

Bob Sutton AARP 01-21-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14060550)
If Andy Reid won't fire Sutton then he is a complete moron.

hey now I resent that

New World Order 01-21-2019 01:04 PM

Clark should just fire Bob

bobhill 01-21-2019 01:05 PM

Fire this guy today on no waiting now

bowener 01-21-2019 01:11 PM

I will find Sutton and force feed him a turd if he doesn't leave this team alone and open the door for Romo to become our DC.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-21-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14060570)
If this shit was decided in the regular season why wait a week?

Because the Chiefs are a "classy" organization, Archie! Are you seriously asking this question? When have the Clark's EVER been cutthroat?

The Chiefs are a lot like the old US/Soviet relations prior to Reagan. We are the "detente" of the NFL. We do not besmirch good names in the name of winning at all costs; only HEATHENS would do such a thing!

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-21-2019 01:43 PM

I mean ****; isn't ANYONE the least bit curious as to how Belicheat would have handled the Hunt affair? I sure as **** am.

BleedingRed 01-21-2019 01:45 PM

You get Rex Ryan, that way defense doesn't change but the guy calling the plays does.

The Scheme isn't the problem we have seen it be amazing for us before. The players are a slight issue.

What the real problem is, is ADJUSTING the scheme to the game was it is being played out.

Rex Ryan has beat the Patriots with a shitter offense in the playoffs in Toms House.

Sure, we don't have a Revis. But the Patriots WR's were not killing us from the outside.

Jerm 01-21-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14060936)
You get Rex Ryan, that way defense doesn't change but the guy calling the plays does.

The Scheme isn't the problem we have seen it be amazing for us before. The players are a slight issue.

What the real problem is, is ADJUSTING the scheme to the game was it is being played out.

Rex Ryan has beat the Patriots with a shitter offense in the playoffs in Toms House.

Sure, we don't have a Revis. But the Patriots WR's were not killing us from the outside.

He always came off as wayyyy more aggressive than Sutton as well...something I think we're sorely lacking.

BleedingRed 01-21-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14060941)
He always came off as wayyyy more aggressive than Sutton as well...something I think we're sorely lacking.

He is, and he never had Pass Rushers like he has here.

Rex Ryan designed the defense Bob is running, he was good at adjusting during games in NYJ and in BAL.

He designed exotic blitzs all the time, that from 09-11' really ****ed with the Patriots.

tyton75 01-21-2019 01:52 PM

I wouldn't be against the Rex Ryan idea. I'd prefer more of an attacking style though. Bend but don't break isn't the answer.. who cares if you break once in awhile is the upside is killing the QB and stopping the run.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but a Gunther style defense..