ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Save Our Chiefs anthem #3 - Oh KC, Can't Ya See? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266472)

BossChief 11-11-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9105990)
The number of people whining about country every week is comical. LMAO

What percentage of Chiefs fans like country? A lot.

Pay them no mind. Just a few idiots hoping for attention.

This video was damn good.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Sterotype much?

aturnis 11-11-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

What percentage of Chiefs fans like country? A lot less than you seem to think

Fixed it for ya...

I'd stop pigeon holing the Midwest as rednecks.

Canofbier 11-11-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Sure, a lot of Chiefs fans like country. I appreciate this guy creating these songs on his own time and for no charge. That being said, SOC is supposed to be a movement to gain national attention, and limiting ourselves to one less-than-popular genre of music isn't going to achieve that. His songs so far have all sounded very similar; if someone doesn't like one of them, chances are they won't like any of them.

I encourage the artist of these songs to keep making them, but the movement could gain some positive traction if it would diversify the medium of its message a little bit more.

Hammock Parties 11-11-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9106003)
Sterotype much?

The stereotype is accurate, at least in KC.

007 11-11-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9106046)
Sure, a lot of Chiefs fans like country. I appreciate this guy creating these songs on his own time and for no charge. That being said, SOC is supposed to be a movement to gain national attention, and limiting ourselves to one less-than-popular genre of music isn't going to achieve that. His songs so far have all sounded very similar; if someone doesn't like one of them, chances are they won't like any of them.

I encourage the artist of these songs to keep making them, but the movement could gain some positive traction if it would diversify the medium of its message a little bit more.

I'm no fan of country but to say it is "one less-than-popular genre of music" is just plain stupid.

BossChief 11-11-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9106046)

Good post and I totally agree...except for the "less than popular" part.

Deberg_1990 11-11-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9106064)
I'm no fan of country but to say it is "one less-than-popular genre of music" is just plain stupid.

It's popular, but polarizing no doubt.

I really appreciate the guy working for free though. Class act.

Baby Lee 11-11-2012 01:38 PM

Seeing old fat Scott in the initial press conference gave me a glorious scene in my mind. It would seem utterly impossible to even simulate, particularly as it's video, not photos.

But, the series ending scene of The Sopranos

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rnT7nYbCSvM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pioli is Gandolfini, Clark is Carmela, RAC is AJ, and Cassel is of course Meadow. The people who come in the door arousing Tony's suspicions are other GM prospects. The man in the member's only jacket is Jon Gruden.

Cassel/Meadow is still outside trying to park, but unlike Meadow's attempts, it's that drunk guy driving the Caterpillar into row after row of parked cars until he's beaten by the angry mob.

AJ's 'focus on the good times' remark is replaced by RAC saying 'play good football,' with a similar smack and 'don't be sarcastic' from Pioli.

For nostalgia's sake, onion rings are replaced with nachos.

As Meadow/Cassel limps bloody to the door of the restaurant, Pioli looks up, a bell rings, fade to black.

across the blackened screen after a second's beat, . . . 2013????

Canofbier 11-11-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9106064)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9106072)
Good post and I totally agree...except for the "less than popular" part.

My mistake; I hardly hear any of it in the bubble I live in. Went to look at the Top 100 and Country made up almost a quarter of it.

Easy 6 11-11-2012 02:50 PM

Ugh... Muir snoozing in the booth again :mad:

Mr. Flopnuts 11-11-2012 03:54 PM

:clap: ****ing awesome, as usual. Country isn't my top genre, but I can appreciate it, and this dude is talented. Combined with video, it's pretty awesome. 1 new song a week? Man, dude can write as well. Keep em coming!

007 11-11-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9106700)
:clap: ****ing awesome, as usual. Country isn't my top genre, but I can appreciate it, and this dude is talented. Combined with video, it's pretty awesome. 1 new song a week? Man, dude can write as well. Keep em coming!

Isn't Phil doing some of the writing as well?

Hammock Parties 11-11-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9106700)
1 new song a week?

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/x...o85/giveup.gif

007 11-11-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9106719)

Don't give up. Ignore the naysayers. We want an entire album of this shit!!!!